View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 128 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 28781181241251261271281291301311321381782281128 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    It would need one of those giant-*** collars then. Which would mean Fennekin doesn't have to be a Psychic type to look noble or a figure of nobility. Serperior looked like something I wanted to slap across the face for holding its head up high and keeping its leaf-hands behind its back. Empoleon looked like a much more threatening and impressive position in Platinum, so he seemed better. As long as Fenne's supposedly noble animation looks humble, I'll like it.
    I could see it's final stages having a cool powdered wig design with the fire hair and ears; plus it would be cool to have a regal trio. Hey I liked serperior's haughty look!
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by penguinry View Post
    What is Pokemon Smash and Where is everybody seeing these fakemon fan art evolutions?
    Pokémon Smash is a tv show that airs at around 7:30 am JST, another source of news~
    MyAnimeList | Tumblr
    < - (Not bad for a first attempt at a banner eh? banner's mine)

What is Pokemon Smash and Where is everybody seeing these fakemon fan art evolutions?
    Its a TV show in Japan, On the 2nd question: Well Tumblr is abuzz with fan made evo's, as is devianart & some other sites
    Platinum FC: 1722 2133 9209
    Black FC: 4641 6530 5399
    Black 2 FC: 3525 9902 9095

I just want to point out that there's three things in France that are involved with their culture, especially in certain regions, for example, in certain parts of France there's a chestnut day, I think I know where they got that idea, also, there's a huge trend for small exotic pets that are fashionable (or is that done already?) like the fennec fox. and there's lots of rivers in France, bound to be a whole lot of Frogs... so there's my two cents. More importantly I forsee a lot of moves that have to deal with slashing invovled with chespin, and moves that are mainly special with fennekin. Froakie's sort of a mystery. it's seen using special and physical moves in the trailer so... I don't know. I mean if you look at the pokemon designs you could almost always tell. I mean generally those with pointy things are good at attack right?

Hey fellas, I was browsing around Pokemon-related and found this on 4chan. Just wanna share with you guys and get your opinions.
        Spoiler:- Behold:

I find it legit.

Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    Hey fellas, I was browsing around Pokemon-related and found this on 4chan. Just wanna share with you guys and get your opinions.

I find it legit.
    For the Aerial Ace one, Aerial Ace only strikes once, not twice/thrice. Also, it isn't black like that attack. I think the fact that Night Slash is horizontal is a weak argument.

Everything else is agreeable.

Edit: Actually, Close Combat in the anime is just like the one Froakie is using...
    Last edited by Shraeder; 12th January 2013 at 10:06 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

I find it legit.
    The last 2 are spot on, I don't think Aerial Ace would ever be purple though
    Platinum FC: 1722 2133 9209
    Black FC: 4641 6530 5399
    Black 2 FC: 3525 9902 9095

I find it legit.
    That's a very good way to show off your point. But I think, even if I think you are totally right, it's not giving some clues of there "types", except for Fennekin with Psychic, wich no one of all the other fire starters could learn it. Acrobatics and Aerial Ace (even if I think it could be Night Slash) are two flying type move that can easily goo to everyone (examples, Cyndaquil can have Aerial Ace, Simipour can have Acrobatics), even if they are not part of a Flying Type line/type. So thanks for this picture to show the moves.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

I find it legit.
    It's probaly not Aerial Ace, I still go with Fain Attack. The other two seem about right, maybe the last one could consider other Fighting attacks, because it kinda reminsd me of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    For the Aerial Ace one, Aerial Ace only strikes once, not twice/thrice. Also, it isn't black like that attack. I think the fact that Night Slash is horizontal is a weak argument.

Wrong, Aerial Ace strikes twice in fourth and fifth gen. Sixth gen may bring out three strikes. Many nonflying types can use Aerial Ace, so Chespin may just have learned that through a TM rather than by its natural movepool.
    Looking for:
    - 5-6 IV Beldum Family Member (Non-English)
    - HA Fletchling Family Member
    - Drifloon Family Member (Non-English)

Quote Originally Posted by D.A.Shark92 View Post
    The last 2 are spot on, I don't think Aerial Ace would ever be purple though
    People could say the same about it being red before it turned red.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

It could easily be a new move, so we can tell what it is for now, guys...
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Even if it is Acrobatics, I don't mind seeing as it most likely means that Froakie will have high Speed, and there's the fact that a lot of the non-bulky Fighting type Pokemon can learn it.

Even after seeing that evidence, people think it's night slash?? Wowwwwww
    Pokemon White FC: 5372 0625 3855

I find it legit.
    This is the idea I've had in the back of my head while lurking around :P

But isn't it OBVIOUS Froakie is Ice/water?! Does no one else see it?
    What exactly makes it look like an ice type?

Out of all of them I'd think that Chespin looks EXACTLY like a digimon, the others look like pokes though.
    No silly, if Chespin was anything like a digimon it'd be called Chespinmon and it would armor with a bunch of cannons on its back.

I mean isn't peoples problems with Digimon because their too complex or whatever? These designs are incredibly simple.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw View Post
    I hope pokemon smash will unveil some news regarding the game. I guess we have 2 hours to find out..
    I don't think it'll be anything new, they'll just reveal the same stuff and all the host will act all surprised as if it's something brand new.

I find it legit.
    Other than the first one, I agree with it.
    No sig. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post

Aerial ace strikes twice actually. If you look closely in the trailer, pause at 0:41. You can see there are two strikes, one upwards and one downwards. (in the direction of the red background) Those purple lines, I think are actually part of Golurk's animation. You can see (pause trailer) at 0:57, there are similar lines/animation (maybe different Pokemon types different colour?) when Froakie is attacking Patrat. What I concur is that those animation will appear when a pokemon is attacked by a physical type move and the colour of those so-called 'lines' differ to their types. (My two cents)

Though I could be wrong though, just my analysis.
    Last edited by german suplex; 12th January 2013 at 10:22 PM.

I think people shouldn't go by the moves In the trailer to determine the types
    Plus note: there can be 1 types aswell

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Aerial ace strikes twice actually. If you look closely in the trailer, pause at 0:41. You can see there are two strikes, one upwards and one downwards. (in the direction of the red background) Those purple lines, I think are actually part of Golurk's animation. You can see (pause trailer) at 0:58, there are similar lines/animation (maybe different Pokemon types different colour?) when Froakie is attacking Patrat. What I concur is that those animation will appear when a pokemon is attacked by a physical type move and the colour of those so-called 'lines' differ to their types. (My two cents)

The lines in Froakie's animation are from Froakie moving around. The one's in Chespin's are part of the actual attack.

I was thinking.. We actually don't have the starters types yet.. Don't know if there are other corocoro leaks but no mention in the trailer or in the official site, which is actually strange. Also usually the firts shots show the starters fighting each other, now they fight pokemon like Golurk, Kirlia, Patrat.. I mean what if the starters are already dual-type on the first stage (like bulbasaur did)?

Aerial ace strikes twice actually. If you look closely in the trailer, pause at 0:41. You can see there are two strikes, one upwards and one downwards. (in the direction of the red background) Those purple lines, I think are actually part of Golurk's animation. You can see (pause trailer) at 0:58, there are similar lines/animation (maybe different Pokemon types different colour?) when Froakie is attacking Patrat. What I concur is that those animation will appear when a pokemon is attacked by a physical type move and the colour of those so-called 'lines' differ to their types. (My two cents)

It makes more sense when you are explaining it. I was wondering why they were talking about "three strickes" since I remember correctly it was two, same in the video.
    Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    I was thinking.. We actually don't have the starters types yet.. Don't know if there are other corocoro leaks but no mention in the trailer or in the official site, which is actually strange. Also usually the firts shots show the starters fighting each other, now they fight pokemon like Golurk, Kirlia, Patrat.. I mean what if the starters are already dual-type on the first stage (like bulbasaur did)?
    It's not the point. Even if you keep your Pokmon without evolving by a long time, he will be able to learn some moves like it evolution can. If, in the preview, it's really Aerial Ace, Acrobatics and Psychic, then these moves are naturally TM moves. They can be put to these first stages because they are realted to their evolutions. It's exactly like putting to a Starly that we aren't making evolving the TM40 Aerial Ace even if it learn it at the level 25.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 12th January 2013 at 10:25 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    It makes more sense when you are explaining it. I was wondering why they were talking about "three strickes" since I remember correctly it was two, same in the video.
    I wasn't sure if it was 2 or 3 strikes.

I find it legit.
    I find this picture slightly sketchy on all 3 moves. It is a new game, after all, these things could just be new moves/animation. The only one I find remotely like what they're saying, is Froakie. For Chespin, It really could be anything. Plus, if you look at chespins animation before he uses the attack, it seems as if he's summoning something (leading me to believe it could be a Dark type move with a reference to cults) and for Fennekin, Most Psychic attacks have wavy lines, such as Psybeam (which it could be like it but without the beam) or a new form of Hypnosis.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    No silly, if Chespin was anything like a digimon it'd be called Chespinmon and it would armor with a bunch of cannons on its back.
    I mean isn't peoples problems with Digimon because their too complex or whatever? These designs are incredibly simple.
    Agumon and Palmon's designs were pretty simple compared to the rest of the first gens and onward rookies.

In other words, I really like these evo fanart for Froakie.

Dem staches

However this one needs to downsize the middle stage in size. It's too big for a middle stage compared to its first stage for a starter Pokémon.
    Looking for:
    - 5-6 IV Beldum Family Member (Non-English)
    - HA Fletchling Family Member
    - Drifloon Family Member (Non-English)

I find it legit.
    Arial Ace is not purple. Just because Night Slash is horizontal means nothing. The game is now in 3D, they could have changed the animations.
    Psychic seems fine but it still could be any other Psychic move.
    Acrobatics seems legit but it could also be anything else.

White FC: 4727 7654 4502

Page 128 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 28781181241251261271281291301311321381782281128 ... LastLast