View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 133 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 33831231291301311321331341351361371431832331133 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader View Post
    Fennekin doesn't look like it will become a fire/fighting type in any case..
    I remember when the people said the same thing about tepig...

Wow. Boycotting a game because of ONE starter? Sorry, but that ain't happening. I mean, I don't want fennekin to become Fire/Fighting, but I wouldn't boycott a game for such a stupid reason. I mean, I will still have 2 other starters! And the whole game to play! That is just overreacting!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManager View Post
    I remember when the people said the same thing about tepig...
    Now that I look at Tepig, its obvious that it could become a sumo wrestler. Look at Fennekin that way. The only way it can become a fighting is if that picture from way back, the boxing one, is true.
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    If Fennekin WAS a Fire/Psychic type, what would you expect its base stats to be in its final form? To me, it would look something like:

HP:70
    Atk:80
    Def:60
    Sp. Atk:125
    Sp. Def:90
    Speed:100

I bet its Hidden Ability would be either Inner Focus or Limber.

Froakie kind of reminds me of a Frog Sage. Just look at it. It's white fluff looks like Beethoven hair, his nose looks like a small pair of reading glasses, and just by first glance, you could assume that he would evolve into a wind wizard.
    That's what I think it'll be. For Froakie:

HP:80
    Atk:100/90
    Def:70
    Sp. Atk:80/90
    Sp. Def:70
    Speed:120

I think Froakie will either be a speedy attacker or a speedy mixed attacker.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

I doubt Fennekin will be fire fighting. Its design makes it look like a special attacker that attacks from afar rather that the last three fire starters which can be considered very physical and fought up close and personal with fighting type attacks. I don't get a physical vibe from fennekin. Maybe because it looks a lot like vulpix...

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    I don't joke it as a hedgehog, it is a hedgehog. It clearly states it in a couple of it's names. I have that there because people are always saying "What is Chespin?"
    In French, Marisson is Chespin's name, and in German, its name is Igamaro.
    Ah, I see now that hérisson in French is hedgehog, and Igel in German is hedge hog, but what do the prefix and suffix mari- and -maro mean in their respective languages.

Quote Originally Posted by XCRunner View Post
    I doubt Fennekin will be fire fighting. Its design makes it look like a special attacker that attacks from afar rather that the last three fire starters which can be considered very physical and fought up close and personal with fighting type attacks. I don't get a physical vibe from fennekin. Maybe because it looks a lot like vulpix...
    now that you mention it, it was the only Pokemon in the trailer to use only special moves the other two used both... unless it's a special only fire/fighting lol
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    now that you mention it, it was the only Pokemon in the trailer to use only special moves the other two used both... unless it's a special only fire/fighting lol
    Special fighting move? Somehow that doesn't seem likely. I'm hoping that Fennekin grows to be an awesome special attacker!

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Ah, I see now that hérisson in French is hedgehog, and Igel in German is hedge hog, but what do the prefix and suffix mari- and -maro mean in their respective languages.
    Marron, a common type of chestnuts
    *Mega Fairies*

When does corocoro come out? 'cause hopefully by the end of the month we'll have the full set of starters, evos and everything OR it will be the new staples of the generation, cute first evolutions and some electric rodents

Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    Special fighting move? Somehow that doesn't seem likely. I'm hoping that Fennekin grows to be an awesome special attacker!
    Well, even though I don't want it. It's not that unlikely. It could learn moves like Focus Blast and whatnot upon evolving or leveling up. So, if it were a Fire/Fighting, being a Special Attacker isn't that farfetched.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 13th January 2013 at 3:27 AM.

focus blast and aura sphere. but it seems very unlikely so I don't think it will happen. besides one of the starts always ends up quadrapedal
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by avsimone View Post
    When does corocoro come out? 'cause hopefully by the end of the month we'll have the full set of starters, evos and everything OR it will be the new staples of the generation, cute first evolutions and some electric rodents
    We already have everything from Corocoro this month. They most likely will not reveal the evolutions of the starters until at least the September or October issue, or they will get leaked like some of the 5th gen ones did. We won't have any Corocoro until mid February.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Well, even though I don't want it. It's not that unlikely. It could learn moves like Focus Blast and whatnot upon evolving or leveling up. So, if it were a Fire/Fighting, being a Special Attacker isn't that too farfetched.
    Oh. I had forgotten about focus blast! Every time I try to get some evidence that it won't be part fighting, something disproves it. I just hope GameFreak isn't roaming the internet trying to see ways to troll us...
    But, I don't see a special fighting move being purple and wavy. That seems more "ghostly" or psychic for me...

Quote Originally Posted by DSDark View Post
    Wow I just realized with a worldwide release countries where we are used to getting the games later won't have the privilege of making a decision on buying the game based off the starter pokemon's final evolution. This is concerning to me because if Fennekin evolves for some stupid and trollish reason into a Fire/Fighting I will not get X or Y and would encourage everyone else to do the same.
    Then you be really stupid, because if the person that really like pokemon and didn't like how Fennekin turn out, they could every pick another pokemon or deal with it.

Oh. I had forgotten about focus blast! Every time I try to get some evidence that it won't be part fighting, something disproves it. I just hope GameFreak isn't roaming the internet trying to see ways to troll us...
    But, I don't see a special fighting move being purple and wavy. That seems more "ghostly" or psychic for me...
    Oh. I feel as if that move is Psychic a move. I don't know what move, but it has that Psychic feeling to me. But, I was just saying that being a Special Attack while being a Fire/Fighting type isn't that crazy.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 13th January 2013 at 3:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Well, *Dictionary* marron is chestnut in French and marone is chestnut in German.

Probably because Chespin look like a chestnut.

frukt15.jpg

Next three gens will be Grass/Fighting then next three gens will be Water/Fighting.

Place your bets, place your bets.

In all seriousness though, I can't really see the Psychic in Fennekin really.

It would be kind of poetic/awesome if we had a duel type combo like:

Fennekin: Fire/Psy
    Froakie: Water/Fighting
    Chespin: Grass/Dark

It would make things more challenging. >>

On an unrelated note, wouldn't it be cool if we had another game where we could get all three starters, like Yellow? I probably don't see it happening, though...

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    We already have everything from Corocoro this month. They most likely will not reveal the evolutions of the starters until at least the September or October issue, or they will get leaked like some of the 5th gen ones did. We won't have any Corocoro until mid February.
    How come on the main site it says "the first of CoroCoro scans"?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Next three gens will be Grass/Fighting then next three gens will be Water/Fighting.

Place your bets, place your bets.

In all seriousness though, I can't really see the Psychic in Fennekin really.
    I think the next three gens will be Water/Fighting then Three gens grass/fighting, if we're going in the Grass-Fire-Water cycle.

Along with the predicitions of Fennekin being Psychic I don't see how that those slits on his forehead could evolve into a third eye. To me those are just wrinkles to show determination or willingness to fight.

On an unrelated note, wouldn't it be cool if we had another game where we could get all three starters, like Yellow? I probably don't see it happening, though...
    It would be a perfect excuse to get the other two with hidden abilities
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White

[IMG] [/IMG]

I never even noticed it like that. ._. I just thought it was hairs. :/

Well, that would be cool though. Even though the slita are sideways, the secons evo would have a slightly opened 3rd eye, and then the final evo have it's 3rd eye fully exposed. Of course, it doesn't blink though. Most 3rd eyes don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghirahim
    You have awoken an anguish that will burn for eons...

Page 133 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 33831231291301311321331341351361371431832331133 ... LastLast