View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 181 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManager View Post
    What? I can't see that happening.
    How can a hedgehog+chestnut became a Grass/Flying?
    Same way a rooster became a Fire/Fighting or a penguin became a Water/Steel Pokémon, perhaps?
    It is a possibility, judging solely by the move Chespin used, but I don't think that moves mean anything at all.

My bet is that Chespin will evolve into a Grass/Rock or Grass/Steel bulky Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    You an' me have good taste. haha

Naw, dude, these starter mons have prolly been in the making for a while. Pure coincidence, IMHO.
    Though, by that logic, Fennekin is Fire/Ground upon evolution?
    I like that, it's new.
    tbh I can't see Fennekin as part ground type but I can easily see It's hidden ability as sand friendly. someone else suggested it the other day, I would find that pretty awesome, sand veil or sand rush Fennekin would give some welcomed special Attack/def variety to sand teams, assuming It really will get special typing.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Night Slash is definitively a possibility, but... Aerial Ace hits twice as well and the screen goes red, exactly like the move Chespin used.
    After looking back at Aerial Ace's animation, I think saying it's Aerial Ace is just as valid as saying it's Night Slash or some other move. We just don't know right now. I'd personally prefer Grass/Dark to Grass/Flying, but either way, Chespin is awesome!

My favorites team:

I'm hoping moreso that Chespin will become Grass/Rock, as it's a type combination that has currently only been used for one other Pokemon line, and I think it would have a lot of potential as far as its design is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin17 View Post
    After looking back at Aerial Ace's animation, I think saying it's Aerial Ace is just as valid as saying it's Night Slash or some other move. We just don't know right now. I'd personally prefer Grass/Dark to Grass/Flying, but either way, Chespin is awesome!
    Okay then. Personally I think both combinations suck badly. Grass/Dark has a lot of weaknesses and so do Grass/Flying.
    Imo Grass/Steel is the right way to make Chespin's final evo a pretty awesome Pokémon.

Dark would fit Froakie better. Or even Ghost. A Water/Ghost starter would be soooo cool.

Okay then. Personally I think both combinations suck badly. Grass/Dark has a lot of weaknesses and so do Grass/Flying.
    Imo Grass/Steel is the right way to make Chespin's final evo a pretty awesome Pokémon.

Eh, I'm not the competitive type so it doesn't matter too much to me about weaknesses. Grass has a lot of weakness in general, but some of those weaknesses aren't common types.
    I think perhaps Grass/Rock could very well fit Chespin. And that would only be like 3 weaknesses.

My favorites team:

True true.

But I don't see how this is relevant to what I said.
    There are Fire Pokémon that can use Psychic moves as well and yet, people are speculating about Fennekin evolving into a Psychic Pokémon judging solely by that move.
    haha, never liked the idea of Fennekin going Psychic. Look at Ninetales. That dude can do all kinds of Psychic manipulation, and he's pure Fire. Fennekin's gonna surprise us, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanTheStarr View Post
    @GonbeTR A flying hedgehog... yeah, I doubt that'll happen.

Most likely, if Chespin is to gain any added type, it'll be either Dark, Rock, Ground, or Steel. If it just so happens to turn out to be anything other than those 4 types, I will be very surprised.
    Yeah, an evil hedgehog, I doubt that'll happen.
    Yeah, a granite hedgehog, I doubt that'll happen.
    Yeah, a seismic hedgehog, I doubt that'll happen.
    Yeah, a metal hedgehog, I doubt that'll happen.
    Wait.

Dark would fit Froakie better. Or even Ghost. A Water/Ghost starter would be soooo cool.
    YES.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

but either way, Chespin is awesome!
    Well said, my friend. Well said
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Eh, I'm not the competitive type so it doesn't matter too much to me about weaknesses. Grass has a lot of weakness in general, but some of those weaknesses aren't common types. I think perhaps Grass/Rock could very well fit Chespin. And that would only be like 3 weaknesses.
    But a lot of weaknesses makes annoying to play with a Pokémon even on in-game runs :/
    I am not a competitive player either.

Grass/Rock would be interesting, Grass/Steel would be perfect.

Fennekin's gonna surprise us, no doubt.
    I hope so. Fire/Psychic is as boring as another Fire/Fighting to me.

YES.
    YES \o\ Ghost ftw.

Same way a rooster became a Fire/Fighting or a penguin became a Water/Steel Pokémon, perhaps?
    I don't know, but I can believe more in Fennec and Frog became Flying, like some people said here before , than Chestnut.

But a lot of weaknesses makes annoying to play with a Pokémon even on in-game runs :/
    I am not a competitive player either.

Grass/Rock would be interesting, Grass/Steel would be perfect.
    Grass/Dark would only gain one additional weakness to Grass if I'm thinking correctly (Fighting)? Well two I guess if you count 4x to Bug. But at the same time, it would gain resistances to Psychic completely, and half to Ghost and Dark.

Grass/Steel is interesting, but then I'd never be able to beat my friend when we do our starter vs. starter battles hahaha xD

My favorites team:

Grass/Dark would only gain one additional weakness to Grass if I'm thinking correctly (Fighting)? Well two I guess if you count 4x to Bug. But at the same time, it would gain resistances to Psychic completely, and half to Ghost and Dark.

Grass/Steel is interesting, but then I'd never be able to beat my friend when we do our starter vs. starter battles hahaha xD
    you never know there could be a priority ground move! or something of that nature...
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

I don't know, but I can believe more in Fennec and Frog became Flying, like some people said here before , than Chestnut.
    How would Fennekin become a flier? Really, I am not joking, I really want to know.

And yeah, I can see Froakie playing Zephos on us and evolving into a frog sitting in a flying cloud. It would be cool, except Water/Flying suck :|

Lol, my feelings about Empoleon. It is awesome, but it is hard to make it win against Torterra (Curse you Earthquake) and Infernape (Any Fighting move).

haha, never liked the idea of Fennekin going Psychic. Look at Ninetales. That dude can do all kinds of Psychic manipulation, and he's pure Fire. Fennekin's gonna surprise us, no doubt.

Yeah, an evil hedgehog, I doubt that'll happen.
    Yeah, a granite hedgehog, I doubt that'll happen.
    Yeah, a seismic hedgehog, I doubt that'll happen.
    Yeah, a metal hedgehog, I doubt that'll happen.
    Wait.

YES.
    Uhh, I don't know about you, but those all sound far more plausible than a mammal clearly incapable of flight gaining the Flying type.

Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanTheStarr View Post
    Uhh, I don't know about you, but those all sound far more plausible than a mammal clearly incapable of flight gaining the Flying type.
    Because a rooster incapable of fighting gaining the Fighting-type is very plausible... lol

I can't find that Chespin avatar, where is it lol?

My favorites team:

Lol, my feelings about Empoleon. It is awesome, but it is hard to make it win against Torterra (Curse you Earthquake) and Infernape (Any Fighting move).
    Haha, I love Empoleon! But yup, in that trio it just has a tough time winning lol =/

My favorites team:

How would Fennekin become a flier? Really, I am not joking, I really want to know.
    People said Fennec will be something like that:

Yeah, a fox with bat wings.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I really can't wait for these games to be released. i noticed that when froakie used that first attack which i immediately thought of as water gun. but then when the close up showed the water coming out his mouth has "snow-flakes" i kinda had second thoughts whether is it a water gun or an ice attack or its just the new animation for water gun maybe? imo, froakie will be a water/fighting or water/ice, fennekin's fire/psychic and chespin's grass/steel.

Actually, we can probably learn the legitimacy of this "leak" relatively soon. The name of the region and the regional bird are usually amongst the first things to be revealed, so if the region is Aienki and the bird is Atorubi/Finchett then this is probably the real deal. If not then definitely fake.

(pin, spike and spear is pretty clever in my opinion, and the "cloud" on Froakie is supposed to be foam)
    Last edited by Hexametaphosphate; 16th January 2013 at 3:47 AM.

The thing is if Fennekin do become part psychic type, will they let Ash catch it, and evolve it? I think Fennekin will stay as a pure fire type Pokemon.

Hedgehog...? I still say the little dude is more of a porcupine, my Bros and Brodettes.

Of course, mammals can be dang hard to pin down. Just look at how long it took to identify the Cyndaquil family (of which there are still arguments going around today). Or the contrast between the Oshawott family and the Buizel family.

I say what I say because a hedgehog is a much more Defensive quil Pokemon while a Porcupine is a more Offensive quil Pokemon. A hedgehog will roll into a ball for protection and chirp at you. A porcupine walks around with exposed quils and takes swipes. I don't see Chespin OR its evolutions necessarily lying on the ground being on the defense. I see them as taking the initiative and using their quils to attack. Especially if we think it'll have some kind of dual-type.

Plus that tail. Not only is it big, it's very distinct with the pattern on the tip. You look at cute, little Shaymin by comparison and the poor thing has a naked butt.

But whatever the case, all I know is this is making me more and more interested in Chespin over Fennekin (Froakie is still a clear 1st Place). I cannot wait to see how it progresses.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexametaphosphate View Post
    Actually, we can probably learn the legitimacy of this "leak" relatively soon. The name of the region and the regional bird are usually amongst the first things o be revealed, so if the region is Aienki and the bird is Atorubi/Finchett then this is probably the real deal. If not then definitely fake.

(pin, spike and spear is pretty clever in my opinion, and the "cloud" on Froakie is supposed to be foam)
    i agree but that cloud thingy looks like the ones that burglars carry on their back. HAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddy View Post
    The thing is if Fennekin do become part psychic type, will they let Ash catch it, and evolve it? I think Fennekin will stay as a pure fire type Pokemon.
    THANK YOU! Finally, I have met someone else who actually wants Fennekin to be a cute little pur Fire Fox!
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

Check me out on FanFiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3016020/MonfernoFreak

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

People said Fennec will be something like that:

Yeah, a fox with bat wings.
    Chyeeeeeeah boiiiiii.
    Seriously. Love it. Fennekin the flying fox all the way. *fist pumps*

And ay-oh V Faction, you've definitely got the right idea. I think judging on a lot of the fan art that's been posted, most people have looked upon Chespin as a Porcupine anyway, calling it a hedgehog cos... I dunno, the dude kinda looks like Sonic. He's cool. He's not blue, but he's got an attitude. He's THE FASTEST THING ALIVE.
    Last edited by YellowHat's Revenge; 16th January 2013 at 3:53 AM.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Page 181 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast