View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 208 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

My favorite type is Grass, but it's funny, my starters are almost always Water (With the exception of Bulbasaur). Fire starters as a rule almost never do it for me, but Fennekin is my favorite of all of them. Froakie is still better than Fennekin, though.

Hoenn > Unova > Kanto > Sinnoh > Johto

If Froakie were Water/Flying, he'd be the coolest ever. If he were Water/Fighting, he'd be alright. Please no Water/Fighting. Please.

I've loved Fennekin and Chespin from the get-go but I preferred Fennekin. Chespin is really growing into me and I might actually like it more than Fennekin. I hope he doesn't maake me creak my chain after 5 gens of Fire-type starters.

i'll go for chespin he"s gonna beat that **** out of your other starters
    (charmander--chikorita--torchic--chimchar--OSHAWOTT!!)
    Fire Red team :
    Heart gold team:
    emerald team:
    W2 team:

Quote Originally Posted by Icepath View Post
    For me, my favorite gens were like this:

Hoenn > Unova > Jhoto > Kanto > Sinnoh

I'm not sure how gen 6. will rank. It depends on the storyline, pokemon and music.
    Unova/Johto/Hoenn/Kanto/Sinnoh

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

My face when froakie is the last of the 3 starters

536991_220502234753341_1303688800_n.jpg
    Hey, it's me, Mecha-Caterpie! Like what I have to say? Like us on facebook! Just click here!

Pokemon I am looking for, willing to trade any berry, item, ball, and/or TM for it, along with a Phione depending on the Pokemon
    latias,regigigas, regice, snorunt, solrock,wyanaut, sealeo,

Feel like battling? If you have a 4th generation Pokemon game, enter my Friend Code in! 2665 9900 9349, and name? Ty-Son!

For me, the regions are probably

Hoenn>Johto>Kanto>Unova>Sinnoh

I thoroughly enjoyed all of them, however.
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

Quote Originally Posted by Mecha-Caterpie View Post
    My face when froakie is the last of the 3 starters

536991_220502234753341_1303688800_n.jpg
    Arceus help your soul when you realize that the water starter is always listed last and that Pokedex numbers are generally worthless.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

Quote Originally Posted by Xadium View Post

I like how you think

For me, I didn't find Kanto as enjoyable. I didn't grow up with it, though, but I did kind of grow up with the remakes, because Gen. 3 was my childhood.

Froakie's my second favorite water type starter, next to Mudkip.
    Pokemon Y Current Team

Quote Originally Posted by indospot View Post
    I've loved Fennekin and Chespin from the get-go but I preferred Fennekin. Chespin is really growing into me and I might actually like it more than Fennekin. I hope he doesn't maake me creak my chain after 5 gens of Fire-type starters.
    I've had 5 gens of Fire Starters too, but I'm not afraid to end my reign for my little Chespin!! Unless Fennekin becomes badass which I'm sorry, but I highly doubt...

Quote Originally Posted by Xadium View Post

How could you put Sinnoh last :'(
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

Check me out on FanFiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3016020/MonfernoFreak

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Quote Originally Posted by MonfernoFreak View Post
    I've had 5 gens of Fire Starters too, but I'm not afraid to end my reign for my little Chespin!! Unless Fennekin becomes badass which I'm sorry, but I highly doubt...
    It almost makes me wish Chespin's evolved forms suck.

I love Sinnoh, but it wasn't my favorite XD

The soundtrack in it was the best, imo
    Pokemon Y Current Team

Guess I'll do this too.

Hoenn>Kanto>Sinnoh>Johto>Unova in terms of starters.

Gen VI I believe will fall either into 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place for me.

Gen 6>Unova>Sinnoh>Hoenn>Johto>Kanto

I don't hate any games. In fact, I'll always like the newer games more than the older ones because The New games give you the chance to train new pokemon with old pokemon, plus the regions always look better IMO. I love the new regions Graphics compared to Unova, and I said the same thing about Unova> Sinnoh. But this is no way implies I hate Kanto. I like it, just not as much as the newer gens. Actually, If I included the Remakes, it would go...

Gen VI>Unova>Johto>Sinnoh>Kanto>Hoenn

Mainly because There isn't a R/S remake. I like Hoenn as much as the next guy, but I love the things they did in HG/SS and FR/LG since they came out afterward. I do not like one more than the other, I just enjoy the more recent (Including Remakes) more than the last game they released.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

In terms of starters, for me it goes:
    Hoenn>Kanto>Unova>Johto>Sinnoh
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

I was upset about the 3D graphics at first, but then I realized why they did it. It would seem kind of stupid to out 2-D graphics in a game meant to be for the 3DS, am I right?

Besides, graphics shouldn't ruin a game. The storylines just keep getting better, so I'm excited for the games.

I probably will end up spoiling, but oh well XD
    Pokemon Y Current Team

For starters:

Johto>Unova>Hoenn=Sinnoh

I won't really form much of an opinion about Hoenn. The starters are cool and have their own useful niches, but I've never really bothered using any of them aside from Treecko.
    Johto has the worst starters IMO. They're just too one-dimensional both in-game and competitively. It'd help if they had a secondary typing, but Feraligatr capable of learning Dragon Dance is is good enough for me.

Meh. Sinnoh's starters' evolutionary line have some of the best designs in the games. Pretty much on par with Hoenn.

Gen. IV's starters look pleasing, though. And if Chespin evolves into a Grass/Rock or Grass/Fighting, then they'll be #1.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

I really liked Hoenn, it just felt so big with all those water routes and the extra game content they added with emerald just made it the best region for me. The starters were good too
    Last edited by Standard Luxury; 19th January 2013 at 12:48 AM.

^^^ So off the topic... Kinda.

Anyways I'm starting to wonder if Game Freak is just like "Where is all this dual typing speculation coming from?? OOOHHH they actually think we showed those second moves for a reason. What a doofus!" And just laughing at our stupidity. Cause I'm starting to think they'll be mainly pure, maybe one dual type.
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

It's kind of bad on our half as well, because we're the ones speculating and then we set ourselves up for disappointment. But, I do want dual types a lot though.

For regions, in my opinion:

Unova > Johto > Hoenn > Sinnoh > Kanto

And starters:

Hoenn > Unova > Kanto > Sinnoh > Johto

But back on topic, yeah, I don't think they're all going to be dual type. It would be cool, but I agree with whoever said earlier I want no dual types or I want all of them to wind up being dual typed.

Quote Originally Posted by EliJolesy View Post
    ^^^ So off the topic... Kinda.

Anyways I'm starting to wonder if Game Freak is just like "Where is all this dual typing speculation coming from?? OOOHHH they actually think we showed those second moves for a reason. What a doofus!" And just laughing at our stupidity. Cause I'm starting to think they'll be mainly pure, maybe one dual type.
    I honestly wouldn't care. I loved Serperior and Typhlosion, and I'd have no trouble loving the starters now.

But I hope it isn't the case because the whining would never end.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

For me they go like this.
    Johto>Unova>Kanto>Hoenn>Sinnoh

Johto, Unova, and Kanto are actually a tie. Johto having two regions in one game, Unova for the effects and content, and Kanto being my childhood as well red/blue being my very first games ever.

Quote Originally Posted by MonfernoFreak View Post
    How could you put Sinnoh last :'(
    Reason why I have Sinnoh last, even though I love all the games. Sinnoh just never stood out to me like the rest, for the most part I actually forget about it most of the time.
    Great game just didn't have a long lasting effect on me like the other's :/

But the sixth gen now might take 1st or 2nd place for me. As well for me the sixth gen starters will end up like like Hoenn, I'll like playing through with them all verses favoring just one or two of them. example:
    Kanto- Charmander
    Johto- Cyndaquil, Totodile
    Hoenn- Torchic, Treecko, Mudkip
    Sinnoh- Chimchar, Piplup
    Unova- Tepig, Oshawott
    Last edited by Zyon; 19th January 2013 at 12:55 AM.

Dual types would be good. Even though I don't plan on getting Froakie I hope he turns out Fighting. No idea why!
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

Quote Originally Posted by EliJolesy View Post
    Dual types would be good. Even though I don't plan on getting Froakie I hope he turns out Fighting. No idea why!
    Same thing for Chespin. I honestly hope at least one starter gets a secondary type. (No more Fire/Fighting, though)
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Man when did this fav gen stuff start?
    Gen3>the rest
    “Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

"And through me the Ring will gain an even greater power."
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Who's the greater wizard? Gandalf or his creator?

Page 208 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308 ... LastLast