View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 209 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by strikeZone13 View Post
    Man when did this fav gen stuff start?
    Gen3>the rest
    My name is Iceh and I approve this message
    Pokemon Y Current Team

I can't @ Chespin winning over voters because of its hat. Like, I'm all for accessories, but I think Chespin's chapeau is gaudy and excessive; an attempt on Gamefreak's part to duplicate Oshawott's Scalchop. Well I'm not here for it. If they wanted to create a popular Grass-type, they should have thought of an original design instead of stealing Oshawott's.

Quote Originally Posted by EliJolesy View Post

Anyways I'm starting to wonder if Game Freak is just like "Where is all this dual typing speculation coming from?? OOOHHH they actually think we showed those second moves for a reason. What a doofus!" And just laughing at our stupidity. Cause I'm starting to think they'll be mainly pure, maybe one dual type.
    if Gen VI becomes the New Beginnings II, I win 10 dollars, so I wouldn't mind.

Although, If one type does have to become dual typed, I hope it's Chespin. Because tit might actually make me want to playthrough with him.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Fennekin needs to be fire/psychic we definitely need more of that type.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I can't @ Chespin winning over voters because of its hat. Like, I'm all for accessories, but I think Chespin's chapeau is gaudy and excessive; an attempt on Gamefreak's part to duplicate Oshawott's Scalchop. Well I'm not here for it. If they wanted to create a popular Grass-type, they should have thought of an original design instead of stealing Oshawott's.
    I barely see the resemblance between Oshawott and Chespin other than the similar faces. We haven't even seen it's evolutions, so we don't even know what it may or may not end up looking like. I'm assuming it will be nothing like Samurottt though.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Standard Luxury View Post
    Fennekin needs to be fire/psychic we definitely need more of that type.
    No, we don't need more Fire/Psychics. We Have enough psychics already and it would be a waste if we had a Dark type Gym Leader/Elite 4 (concerning the Previous Dark Elites: Sidney, The girl from HG/SS, and The most recent one in BW/2) since all psychic moves that aren't status wouldn't work.

Also, The Psychic Type is very versatile on it's own, and Fire is a common Power-type, those two together would create havoc and corrupt the gameplay, making it far too easy to defeat anything and everything.

Fire on it's own is fine, Typlosion can take out anything in its path, but a Fire/Psychic, unless the Stats are lowered in either Att./Sp. Att would be extremely easy to beat in-game. Competitively, no big deal. If people know how to use specific pokemon, then they can take down anything with ease. If the bring back challenge mode, IMO, the game would be as easy in challenge mode as Normal mode.

There is my opinion. Deal with it.

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

I was thinking in terms of typing we dont have many fire/psychic pokemon but I see what your getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Agian, the fact that Chespin is indeed NOT Oshawatt means that it is an original idea.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

I hate this Chespin vs. Oshawott backlash or whatever. We have what's gonna be over 700 Pokemon. Some are bound to look like each other. Get over it.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

Quote Originally Posted by EliJolesy View Post
    ^^^ So off the topic... Kinda.

Anyways I'm starting to wonder if Game Freak is just like "Where is all this dual typing speculation coming from?? OOOHHH they actually think we showed those second moves for a reason. What a doofus!" And just laughing at our stupidity. Cause I'm starting to think they'll be mainly pure, maybe one dual type.
    Arceus, I hope not. I really don't want another starter Gen 2 epidemic lol

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Arceus, I hope not. I really don't want another starter Gen 2 epidemic lol
    But... But... Gen II was the best Gen.

I technically agree with you on the second part, but not really on the first part.

I wouldn't really mind another Gen II, but if we don't, i lose a bet. (I will keep repeating this until the evos come out. Just to be butthurt.)

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Besides the bipedal stance between Chespin and Oshawott, I'm not seeing the similarities between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    No, we don't need more Fire/Psychics. We Have enough psychics already and it would be a waste if we had a Dark type Gym Leader/Elite 4 (concerning the Previous Dark Elites: Sidney, The girl from HG/SS, and The most recent one in BW/2) since all psychic moves that aren't status wouldn't work.

Also, The Psychic Type is very versatile on it's own, and Fire is a common Power-type, those two together would create havoc and corrupt the gameplay, making it far too easy to defeat anything and everything.

Fire on it's own is fine, Typlosion can take out anything in its path, but a Fire/Psychic, unless the Stats are lowered in either Att./Sp. Att would be extremely easy to beat in-game. Competitively, no big deal. If people know how to use specific pokemon, then they can take down anything with ease. If the bring back challenge mode, IMO, the game would be as easy in challenge mode as Normal mode.

There is my opinion. Deal with it.
    We do, we only have one. o.O

And well, the gym you face matters little. If it would be very important then Brock shouldn't have been the first leader in Yellow, don't you agree?

To me the only thing that's similar between oshawott and chespin is the body type.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    We do, we only have one. o.O
    Well technically we have two. Victini and Darmanitan Zen mode Bu I do agree that we should have more of that type.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    If it would be very important then Brock shouldn't have been the first leader in Yellow, don't you agree?
    I actually do agree, Brock shouldn't have been the First Gym Leader in yellow, because you could only use one pokemon to get past him, and if that pokemon dies, its all over.

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

I actually do agree, Brock shouldn't have been the First Gym Leader in yellow, because you could only use one pokemon to get past him, and if that pokemon dies, its all over.
    You could have caught something else.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    You could have caught something else.
    I was talking about Butterfree.

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Let's hope this mistake doesn't carry to X and Y and give one of the starters bad treatment because of an inability to face something it can't touch.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Let's hope this mistake doesn't carry to X and Y and give one of the starters bad treatment because of an inability to face something it can't touch.
    They probably won't do it again. In B/W and it's sequels, they made the gyms specifically to tailor to young players. The Cilan/Cress/Chili trio taught about type problems, but literally handed you a Pokemon that had a type advantage. While Cheren did normal, which is the most basic type.

The first gym will probably be similar to Cilan's gym in that it will serve the purpose of a tutorial.

idk why gf didn't just create a tutorial info page about that stuff like in FRLG

I would really like the the starters to be pure types I loved that about the gen 2 starters
    For everyone who likes stories you can read my first ever fan-fic here!

]

I'm hoping that the final forms of the starters will have a Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting typing. Not only have we never had starters of those types, but that would create another type triangle within the usual Water > Fire > Grass. And Fennekin did use what looked like a psychic move in the trailer, so there's a chance...

Anyway, I've always gone for the fire-type starter, so Fennekin is definitely my choice, although I like all three of the starters this gen.
    3DS FC: 4656 - 7669 - 3055
    Versions: X
    Friend Safari: Dragon || Gabite - Noibat - Sliggoo

PM before adding~

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    They probably won't do it again. In B/W and it's sequels, they made the gyms specifically to tailor to young players. The Cilan/Cress/Chili trio taught about type problems, but literally handed you a Pokemon that had a type advantage. While Cheren did normal, which is the most basic type.

The first gym will probably be similar to Cilan's gym in that it will serve the purpose of a tutorial.
    Maybe the first gym would be made to show the Trainer different battle types, or possibly introduce a new battle type within the gym before moving on to the Gym Leader. Maybe the Gym Leader will also have the Starter you start out with in order to show that sometimes in the game you won't have type advantages nor disadvantages in some battles.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Maybe the first gym would be made to show the Trainer different battle types, or possibly introduce a new battle type within the gym before moving on to the Gym Leader. Maybe the Gym Leader will also have the Starter you start out with in order to show that sometimes in the game you won't have type advantages nor disadvantages in some battles.
    That would be pretty cool. I wouldn't mind fighting my own starter.

Maybe they could even do a weaker version of Norman's gym, where one Pokemon focuses on offense, one on defense, and one on speed.

Page 209 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309 ... LastLast