View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 230 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330 ... LastLast
Results 5,726 to 5,750 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Froakin' Koga View Post
    This is the first time i actually care what the starters look like haha. I just hope that froakie acts like Slowking, Fennekin like Serperior, and Chespin like Excadrill
    Fennekin is like a fox Serperior. Everyone loves those two. I've seen 5 out of the six people in the friend box with a Fennekin avatar.

Even though this is fan-made, I really like this picture of the 1st and 2nd stage evolved forms of Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie. They all look so confident.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanchu View Post
    cool ideas thou i cant remember a pokemon to have this many awesome moves in 1 go. maybe mew has them so basically starter legendaries? maybe we need some starters like these.
    Oh theres hardly any chance in the world froakie could learn psychic or shadow ball.
    I think a possible moveset could be: Nasty Plot, Surf, Volt Switch, and some other special move, perhaps even Energy Ball

its just a speculation but what if chespin evolved into a fighting/grass hybrid, froakie into a water/psychic, and fennekin into a fire/dark hybrid. i came up with this by looking at their appearances. chespin has the form of a human. froakie is obviously a frog but by the way it is posing it looks like it is in a meditation stage. fennekin has a mischievious aura to it which made me come up with the idea of it being of the dark type. a starter being of the ghost type is unlikely thats why i didint take that into consideration. what do you guys think about my observations?

Oh theres hardly any chance in the world froakie could learn psychic or shadow ball.
    I think a possible moveset could be: Nasty Plot, Surf, Volt Switch, and some other special move, perhaps even Energy Ball
    Why's it unlikely? I mean Electabuzz can learn Psychic (as well as many other Pokes you would think wouldn't be able to learn it) and every Eeveelutions, including Eevee, can learn Shadow Ball (the same thing with this). You can't say there's hardly any chance.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by jet311 View Post
    its just a speculation but what if chespin evolved into a fighting/grass hybrid, froakie into a water/psychic, and fennekin into a fire/dark hybrid. i came up with this by looking at their appearances. chespin has the form of a human. froakie is obviously a frog but by the way it is posing it looks like it is in a meditation stage. fennekin has a mischievious aura to it which made me come up with the idea of it being of the dark type. a starter being of the ghost type is unlikely thats why i didint take that into consideration. what do you guys think about my observations?
    How is a ghost starter unlikely? the only duals we have ever had were poison, flying, fighting, ground and steel.

i was actually talking about fennekin. hex, calm mind+confusion and will-o-wisp is probably a deadly move set. and to the best of my knowledge no pokemon has both hex and clam mind ofc that doesnt mean they wont. about froakie and SB with psychic alot of poke's has it so not so out there thou nasty plot may be a little too much.
    Last edited by Amanchu; 22nd January 2013 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Why's it unlikely? I mean Electabuzz can learn Psychic (as well as many other Pokes you would think wouldn't be able to learn it) and every Eeveelutions, including Eevee, can learn Shadow Ball (the same thing with this). You can't say there's hardly any chance.
    True true lots of options for froakie. if crawdaunt can learn dragon dance then anythings possible.

True true lots of options for froakie. if crawdaunt can learn dragon dance then anythings possible.
    The thing with crawdaunt has some logical sense...in Chinese, lobsters and crayfish are referred to as "dragon shrimp" on account of their feelers, armor and claws so a dragon shrimp learning dragon dance isn't too farfetch'd (pun intended)...whiscash learning dragon dance, however, is beyond me...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Amanchu View Post
    i was actually talking about fennekin. hex, calm mind+confusion and will-o-wisp is probably a deadly move set. and to the best of my knowledge no pokemon has both hex and clam mind ofc that doesnt mean they wont. about froakie and SB with psychic alot of poke's has it so not so out there thou nasty plot may be a little too much.
    Cofagrigus and Ninetails can both learn all of those moves and if Serperior was allowed to coil and Swampert and Torterra could curse then its not too bad for a sage frog to plot. as long as he's fragile enough not to be able to pull two off.

I've been seeing grass/rock as an idea for Chespin a lot, but here's my one issue with it and why it will likely never happen. As soon as Chespin becomes grass/rock fire will no longer be super effective to it giving Fennekin a disadvantage. You could aruge that Empoleon gaining steel makes it no longer super effective to grass, but it gains a weakness to ground which Torterra is. I feel as if the only way to pull it off yet still keeping the triangle in tact is Fennekin to become fire/fighting and I think a majority of us don't want that.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Personally I would actually use Froakie if it could learn Shadow Ball (one of my fave moves).
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    I've been seeing grass/rock as an idea for Chespin a lot, but here's my one issue with it and why it will likely never happen. As soon as Chespin becomes grass/rock fire will no longer be super effective to it giving Fennekin a disadvantage. You could aruge that Empoleon gaining steel makes it no longer super effective to grass, but it gains a weakness to ground which Torterra is. I feel as if the only way to pull it off yet still keeping the triangle in tact is Fennekin to become fire/fighting and I think a majority of us don't want that.
    Im actually going to counter this with what i was countered with earlier. Empoleon got owned by torterra as well as infernape even though everything was supposed to be balanced. Maybe Chespin is the infernape in terms of pwnage this generation, stone edgeing the crap out of fenny and power whipping froakie. On the other hand while chespin benefits against fennekin it gets weak against froakie whose water stab becomes normally effective.

Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    why? craydily has that typing and the secondary STAB would be great, rock and grass are a decent pair, though Steel and grass is better
    Do you see cradily having any use? And although grass helps mitigate the added water and ground weaknesses, you are giving chespin a weakness to one of the most used types in most tiers, although it does make a suggestion towards a high defense, hence my doedicurus theory, but I was saying that would have steel/ground as a secondary type.

I hope for a fast physical attacker with grass fighting type, or bulky tank with ground or steel with a secondary type, and even though it is less competitive defensively, I'd prefer ground on a defensive version.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

I would not mind something like this: Evo fan art and he made a sprite of it too: Sprite If it has to go ground or rock I would pick ground. As long as it goes along with this kinda style.

Back home! TO HOENN!

Poochyena is claimed by me!
        Spoiler:- Who made what:

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Do you see cradily having any use? And although grass helps mitigate the added water and ground weaknesses, you are giving chespin a weakness to one of the most used types in most tiers, although it does make a suggestion towards a high defense, hence my doedicurus theory, but I was saying that would have steel/ground as a secondary type.

I hope for a fast physical attacker with grass fighting type, or bulky tank with ground or steel with a secondary type, and even though it is less competitive defensively, I'd prefer ground on a defensive version.
    Then Chespin would be Torterra. Lets forget about defense for a moment and look at attack. With Stab rock he can actually stand up against ice, fire, flying, and bugs. Things that no other grass starter could manage. His only true threat would be steel and fighting. and im sure a nice movepool can help that. GF will not go through Torterra again and i would rather see an offensive grass/rock than a defensive grass/steel imo

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Haji View Post
    I would not mind something like this: Evo fan art and he made a sprite of it too: Sprite If it has to go ground or rock I would pick ground. As long as it goes along with this kinda style.
    I guess it's ok, reminds me of Ttar. And maybe it should be a second stage instead of final evo.

Then Chespin would be Torterra. Lets forget about defense for a moment and look at attack. With Stab rock he can actually stand up against ice, fire, flying, and bugs. Things that no other grass starter could manage. His only true threat would be steel and fighting. and im sure a nice movepool can help that. GF will not go through Torterra again and i would rather see an offensive grass/rock than a defensive grass/steel imo
    True, true. That could be nice. Although I really hope for fighting, you have changed my mind about rock.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Do you see cradily having any use? And although grass helps mitigate the added water and ground weaknesses, you are giving chespin a weakness to one of the most used types in most tiers(If you are talking about Fighting It would already have this with steel), although it does make a suggestion towards a high defense, hence my doedicurus theory, but I was saying that would have steel/ground as a secondary type.

Well I have actually seen cradily be effective on some stall and bulky teams it could even be used last gen in the OU, but that arguement is pointless too, but I do agree that steel is the preferred typing should be grass/steel IMO steel is the best partner type for grass as it covers 80% of grasses weaknesses, while also have the immunity to leech seed, while using it's own leech seed as a viable means of recovery, something most steel types lack, But I just had to disagree with grass/rock being a "stupid" type, a stupid type would be Normal by itself or, since we are talking about starters, Grass/bug would be suicide and grass/Ice is also asking for trouble without a decent ability.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

I dont know why i cant get into grass/steel... I just think Game Freak wont go with the walling grass again. I also think that they will pass on the grass/steel this generation since we JUST had Ferrothorn and it pretty much was the ideal grass/steel. like Cradily with an upgrade. I think they will go offensive with chespin. and rock is the perfect match to make that happen

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Haji View Post
    See my problem with Chespin is I ain't got a clue where the heck he's going. I mean Fennekin is gonna be a fox one way of another and Froakie is gonna be a frog. That I know and it makes me feel less nervous about which one I'm gonna pick. But I can't do that with Chespin. I ain't got clue WHAT he is. That picture is the first one that makes sense
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

Chespin is a hedgehog, which is made clear by his name in every other language except English (for some reason).

Quote Originally Posted by EliJolesy View Post
    See my problem with Chespin is I ain't got a clue where the heck he's going. I mean Fennekin is gonna be a fox one way of another and Froakie is gonna be a frog. That I know and it makes me feel less nervous about which one I'm gonna pick. But I can't do that with Chespin. I ain't got clue WHAT he is. That picture is the first one that makes sense
    Ya he is a hedgehog, so I would think spikes and stuff that looks along the lines of a hedgehog.

Back home! TO HOENN!

Poochyena is claimed by me!
        Spoiler:- Who made what:

Quote Originally Posted by X Rat View Post
    Chespin is a hedgehog, which is made clear by his name in every other language except English (for some reason).
    The thing is, will it stay a hedgehog? I believe it will. Seems no reason not.

Quote Originally Posted by X Rat View Post
    I guess the 'pin' part kind does the trick.

I agree with Froakin' Koga that Chespin will go offensive, hopefully Grass/Ground or even /Dark.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

"Pin" could refer to a number of animals, porcupine, for one.

Edit P.S.: (Actually, pin would not necessarily need to refer to anything other than a pin). Knowing what he is, the name works, but I bet forums in other languages do not have the majority of uninitiated posters asking what he is.
    Last edited by X Rat; 22nd January 2013 at 2:34 AM.

Page 230 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330 ... LastLast