View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 236 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336 ... LastLast
Results 5,876 to 5,900 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Actually Scizor's steel typing means it would have a double advantage over Chespin, especially if it has Technician and Bullet Punch.

And yeah that dual typing is one of the best in terms of weaknesses for grass types, it's interesting how GF hasn't tried the typing again after Cradily.
    I would hope it would be faster than scizor and enough defense to survive a bullet punch. and a Stab mach punch. Physical Bulk to help the multitude of physical fighting moves and steel moves. but Ice and Bug Buzz would mess him up. Same with high special attacking fires.

But yeah I think they tried to make a physical Cradily with Torterra and gave it Ground to become offensive. Then Ferrothorn came and was pretty much Cradily 2.0. but now I think this is the generation that GF tries to right the wrongs it made like it tried doing with the hidden abilities last gen *long stare at politoed and every pokemon that had sturdy*

Does anyone think Chespin can take its hat off? Like Scrafty can.
    No. It is not a hat really, it is an extension of his back armor (i.e. part of his body).

This is more and less how I envision Froakie. I'm not an artist, but I tried to make it simple since I tend to like those design more. It's a sketch anyway. No clue about the color scheme.
    Froakie Evo.jpg

Kinda like a frog-lion (?) with a pipe 'cuz pipes are cool.

Pipes are cool. I know that a lot of people have drawn pipes in as accessories to match the personality of their fakemon, but I kind of hope that Froakie's final evo actually smokes a pipe. I mean, Samurott had swords, so...
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

I've never realized how sweet of a mustache Samurott has. I hope Froakie's evolution gets even better facial hair.
    Black: Keegan - 4127 4040 9358

oooooh and froakie can make mist or clouds or bubbles or foam or whatever the heck that white stuff is with the pipe. thatd be ballin'

Quote Originally Posted by Froakin' Koga View Post
    I would hope it would be faster than scizor and enough defense to survive a bullet punch. and a Stab mach punch. Physical Bulk to help the multitude of physical fighting moves and steel moves. but Ice and Bug Buzz would mess him up. Same with high special attacking fires.

But yeah I think they tried to make a physical Cradily with Torterra and gave it Ground to become offensive. Then Ferrothorn came and was pretty much Cradily 2.0. but now I think this is the generation that GF tries to right the wrongs it made like it tried doing with the hidden abilities last gen *long stare at politoed and every pokemon that had sturdy*
    Could you elaborate "tried"? I thought they successfully fixed charizard to at least function decently outside of NU And the fixed blaziken so much they broke him.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by X Rat View Post
    No. It is not a hat really, it is an extension of his back armor (i.e. part of his body).
    Ya I hope its like this (though we won't know till later, most likely in the anime), though the fact that it looks like a hat is so very cute! And I want one.

Back home! TO HOENN!

Poochyena is claimed by me!
        Spoiler:- Who made what:

Does Chespin look a little bit like Bianca to anyone else?
    Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 2194-6532-6046

Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    Could you elaborate "tried"? I thought they successfully fixed charizard to at least function decently outside of NU And the fixed blaziken so much they broke him.
    By try I dont mean failed. You cant succeed without trying. not a negative connotation there.

Quote Originally Posted by XMatrix View Post
    Yeah it kind of does.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Holy Crap. And now that you say it, Froakie resembles Cherin. Mindblown

Not one bit to me.

BW4 confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Not even after that picture showing her turn into one, no.

The only thing I see in Chespin is Cilan, and that's only because their hair(Or whatever for Chespin) looks similar to me(Still fairly different though).
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Not really... ._.

Now that you mention it, a little bit. But it seems more like a dopey Pokemon Bianca would catch. Finally, a Pokemon to match Bianca.

Speaking of Bianca. Even though she annoyed me sometimes she was probably one of Ash's best rivals imo, I just loved how she was so stupid. I hope she returns, and then hooks up with Barry C;
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

Check me out on FanFiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3016020/MonfernoFreak

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Quote Originally Posted by Froakin' Koga View Post

True, hopefully they do that.

Agreed, they did take some good steps in BW/2 with the hidden abilities and buffing up old ones/moves, hopefully they'll keep it up.

HAha yeah kind of in a strange kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by X Rat View Post
    I'm leaning towards the "yes, it can" option." Or, atleast I hope it can.

I don't see them going the Bulbasaur-route (the grass on its back has a symbiotic nature) but rather a more Oshawott-route (he utilizes the elemental accessory for attack and defense.)

Spoiler:- Chespin Tugging on His Hood:

Spoiler:- Artist Taking Chespin's Hood:

I've heard rumor that Chespin will evolve into a knight (with chestnut armor) or thief (with a grass-based Robin Hood theme). Both of these can imply that the Chespin evo WEAR grass as opposed to BECOME grass. Either way, if the typing and design are right, I'm cool with whatever.
    MASTER Pkmn Team

I think it is not a hood. If it were a hood it would attach around Chespin's neck.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinofhonor View Post
    I've never realized how sweet of a mustache Samurott has. I hope Froakie's evolution gets even better facial hair.
    Emboar's got that sweet beard, too. Maybe Fennekin will get mutton chops.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Look on its back, green the same color as on the top of its head. The "hat" is an extension of that.

I've heard rumor that Chespin will evolve into a knight (with chestnut armor) or thief (with a grass-based Robin Hood theme). Both of these can imply that the Chespin evo WEAR grass as opposed to BECOME grass. Either way, if the typing and design are right, I'm cool with whatever.
    That is baseless speculation, though. There is no indication either of those things will happen.

Edit P.S.: I should be more specific. Speculation is fine, but I am basing my claim on the images of Chespin we have, as opposed to wishful concepts that do not come from an official source.
    Last edited by X Rat; 23rd January 2013 at 4:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinofhonor View Post
    IMO, Froakie having a mustache will make it seem unoriginal.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Wh... why is the minority picking Chespin? I'd expect the order to be Fennekin, Chespin, Froakie. Maybe it's because nobody can tell what it is? In my opinion, it's the most creative of the three and my favorite.

(It's a hedgehog. The shiny version has to be blue. It has to be.)
    Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 2194-6532-6046

Page 236 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336 ... LastLast