View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 255 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305355 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,375 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    Old picture is old.
    I'm sorry, didn't want to go through 318 pages to check
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Please say Fennekin is NOT Fire/Fighting!
    However, I do like the Dark/Psychic/Fighting triangle.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Sorry about the same post.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Quote Originally Posted by Heldigunner1 View Post
    i don't have anything against them making fire/fighting pokemon. I just don't want it to be the starter.
    I agree with you there, nothing against Game Freak cause I don't care if they make fire/fighting type pokemon. I just don't want to see another fire starter with it -_-
    Last edited by Zyon; 27th January 2013 at 9:38 PM.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

why does everyone think froakie is going to be fighting he doesn't look a thing like a fighter and uses an ice move in the trailer so i think his evos are going to be part ice (i know water types learn ice moves but not that early on usually)
    JUST BECAUSE PICHU IS EPIC just because

Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/chespingaming

Damn, Froakie is last...

Anyway, while I am confused with why they would make 3 Fire/Fighting starters in a row, I don't really mind as much as most b/c I only picked Chimchar out of the 3, so I don't feel its necessarily gotten old. But arguing that pure water or grass isnt the same, let me remind you that the first 2 generations had pure waters, and the second and third had pure grass types. In a row. And while that's not 3 times, it is repetitive. And then if this generation has pure types again, then that's another 2 generations in a row we would have pure water and grass. So I understand the complaint of having it happen 3 times, but to say they aren't similar situations is untrue.

Regarding Froakie's evolutions, I have also noticed that none of the previous water starters have been very speedy. Blastoise focused on the defenses, Feraligatr on Attack and Defense, Swampert had great HP and Attack and pretty good defenses, Empoleon SpAtk and SpDef, Samurott on Atk and SpAtk. None have had any above average speed. And while I would like a speedy water starter, I don't necessarily want to force it on Froakie. I think Froakie can be just as great if he were bulky (as long as the design doesnt look like an old decrepit oversized toad). But yeah, speedy water. Waiting for it.
    Last edited by Squirtortoise; 27th January 2013 at 9:42 PM.

I don't want Froakie to become part Fighting type, but a lot of people think it's a great idea.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    I don't want Froakie to become part Fighting type, but a lot of people think it's a great idea.
    Agreed. I just don't think it looks like a fighting type, and it might seem forced to me. (to me, not fact xD)

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    SmeargleRock's Trade Shop
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

Anatidaephobia; it's a real thing. Trust me, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by pokedons View Post
    why does everyone think froakie is going to be fighting he doesn't look a thing like a fighter and uses an ice move in the trailer so i think his evos are going to be part ice (i know water types learn ice moves but not that early on usually)
    It's been debated that it's a water type move as well, and even if it was it doesn't really prove that anything since as you said a lot of water types do learn it.

Personally, I'd like for it to be fighting since it gives him something unique to work with and it would work with a slim design. Having said that, I wouldn't mind if its dark or psychic type either since there are some good ideas they could use for that.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 27th January 2013 at 9:45 PM.

Oh what the heck? How did Chespin get almost a dozen more votes than Froakie all of a sudden? I get the feeling that the poll is rigged, which worries me. Now I'm not sure if Fennekin really is the most popular Generation 6 Starter Pokemon. Oh well. I still plan on using her. I just wanna see how the other two Starters do in terms of popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Oh! Chespin is now leading over Froakie! :3 This is exciting.

If only Fannykin wasn't so very far away. ^^
    The poll means nothing, considering there is an entire world called The Internet with other opinions.

And the rumor is a definite fake personally, I don't expect Gamefreak to release that kind of information that early.

Froakie has a cloud on it, so I'm guessing it's part ice type when it evolves and the cloud grows bigger. I agree that it shouldn't be part fighting when it evolves since it doesn't really look like a fighter. If you notice, All fire and fighting starter pokemon have walked like humans, where as Fennekin walks on all fours, so I'm happy to see it probably will not be a fire and fighting when it evolves. Lastly, I have no opinion for Chespin. It's an Oshawott look-a-like, no matter how you put it.
    You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become a villain. -Harvey Dent
    Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the easier it is to fool you. -Thaddeus Bradley
    You can take away my toys, gadgets, and even my armor. But there is one thing you can't take away from me: Who I am. -Tony Stark
    I may not remember who I am, but there is one thing I remember. I don't take orders. -Letty Ortiz

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Oh what the heck? How did Chespin get almost a dozen more votes than Froakie all of a sudden? I get the feeling that the poll is rigged, which worries me. Now I'm not sure if Fennekin really is the most popular Generation 6 Starter Pokemon. Oh well. I still plan on using her. I just wanna see how the other two Starters do in terms of popularity.
    It's not really changing anything. What it does if Chespin as only 10 votes more than Froakie, since Fennekin as over 200 more than Froakie.. ? It's only people who decided (suddenly or not) to vote and, by a pure hazard, more have voted for Chespin than Froakie.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Robot View Post
    Froakie has a cloud on it, so I'm guessing it's part ice type when it evolves and the cloud grows bigger. I agree that it shouldn't be part fighting when it evolves since it doesn't really look like a fighter. If you notice, All fire and fighting starter pokemon have walked like humans, where as Fennekin walks on all fours, so I'm happy to see it probably will not be a fire and fighting when it evolves. Lastly, I have no opinion for Chespin. It's an Oshawott look-a-like, no matter how you put it.
    Ffs Chespin and Oshawott don't look alike.

Not sure if my secondary type wants changed since last time but:

Grass/Ground or Grass/Steel
    Fire/Psychic
    Water/Dark or Water/Fighting

If you look at both of their appearances, you can see that Chesspin is an Oshawott with a different color. Froakie for the win!
    You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become a villain. -Harvey Dent
    Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the easier it is to fool you. -Thaddeus Bradley
    You can take away my toys, gadgets, and even my armor. But there is one thing you can't take away from me: Who I am. -Tony Stark
    I may not remember who I am, but there is one thing I remember. I don't take orders. -Letty Ortiz

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post

Fire/Psychic
    its not going to be grass ground or grass steel since it uses either night slash or sucker punch in the trailer (it cant be scratch or slash because it is using it against a part ghost type so it wouldn't effect) and it looks like it has nothing to do with the ground or steel

Tepig didn't look like a fighter or walk like a human yet it became another fire/fighting type. Not saying that Fennekin will become that typing but there's nothing stopping it either.

its not going to be grass ground or grass steel since it uses either night slash or sucker punch in the trailer (it cant be scratch or slash because it is using it against a part ghost type so it wouldn't effect) and it looks like it has nothing to do with the ground or steel
    Moves don't confirm a pokemon's typing.

Metal Claw says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post

Fire/Psychic
    also i forgot to say water/dark and water/figting sound and look rediculas it has this cloud on its back which looks like it will grow and become part ice type and how will it be fighting or dark they make no sense

Actually, when I first looked at Tepig, I thought it was going to become part fighting before I even looked at Pignite and Emboar. But that's just me.

EDIT: I 100% agree with pokedons

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Metal Claw says hi.
    it ins't using metal claw the move looks nothing like metal claw it would have 3 slashes in one direction at the same time not 2 simultaneously

It has more in common with ground and steel than dark. My guess is Grass/Ground because its a hedgehog.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

it ins't using metal claw the move looks nothing like metal claw it would have 3 slashes in one direction at the same time not 2 simultaneously
    And the trailer says "not final product" meaning that could change before release.

look at their defying features and then imagine them to get more and more obvious like fennekins ear hair froakies cloudy back and chespins clawy feet or hood like head

also i forgot to say water/dark and water/figting sound and look rediculas it has this cloud on its back which looks like it will grow and become part ice type and how will it be fighting or dark they make no sense
    If you looked at Piplup just in its current forms, would you really have guessed that they would be the typings they would become?

The 'cloud' has been interpreted as a developing cape, a theif's bag, etc. it's really a matter of interpretation really since it can go in any direction.

Actually, when I first looked at Tepig, I thought it was going to become part fighting before I even looked at Pignite and Emboar. But that's just me.

EDIT: I 100% agree with pokedons
    I'm just saying those two criteria don't really work at showing what typing a pokemon would become.

Page 255 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305355 ... LastLast