View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 105 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 555951011021031041051061071081091151552051105 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

I'm sure a lot of people will be swapping starters once the evolved forms are released to us
    I'm going to stay true to froakie!

Where's the chespin fans!
    Poor guy isn't getting a look in

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Pfft. no. Fennekin won't even go into the ashes in the first place.
    it will go into ashes, the ashes of it's fallen foes

http://www.imagebam.com/image/d1bfa1231549132 :go here to get the Fennekoalition Banner

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    I'm sure a lot of people will be swapping starters once the evolved forms are released to us
    I'll join the Froakie Universe if Fennekin goes Fighting.

Well back to speculating, so I've read that many would love Fennekin to be fire/ghost, while I'm not at all opposed to this, I would like to know the rationale GameFreak would have for making this typing, they usually don't type things on a whim they usually base it off of lore or some concept like Infernape= Sun Wukong = fire/fighting torterra= World turtle = grass/ground. I thought maybe Asian fox spirit myth but Fennic foxes aren't Asian are they?
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Well the ??? type wasn't even present in Gen 5. Curse was just a Ghost type move instead. They could always bring it back as a full blown type as a kind of unknown or unexplained type where all the weirdest things discovered get dumped.
    Wait, really? I never noticed. D: Thank you. Then I guess that Type is gone, right?

Sad. D:
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    Well back to speculating, so I've read that many would love Fennekin to be fire/ghost, while I'm not at all opposed to this, I would like to know the rationale GameFreak would have for making this typing, they usually don't type things on a whim they usually base it off of lore or some concept like Infernape= Sun Wukong = fire/fighting torterra= World turtle = grass/ground. I thought maybe Asian fox spirit myth but Fennic foxes aren't Asian are they?
    mostly in Africa but they are in some parts of asia

http://www.imagebam.com/image/d1bfa1231549132 :go here to get the Fennekoalition Banner

So long as they don't change drastically, I'll be a fan of all three. Not to say I wouldn't still be a fan if they do change drastically, just have to get a better idea what they would look like in that case.

I don't see them changing much though, just certain parts of them being expanded on, Chespin's hood thing and tail, Fennekin's ear fluff(Really want it to turn into fire) and tail, and Froakie's foam and maybe the thing on it's nose.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    I've honestly always been confused about that Type. I mean... why does it exist if the only thing with the Type is Curse? I don't get it. D:

But yeah, it would be awesome if there were Pkmn with that Type, though I doubt they ever will. *sad*
    If I'm remebering correcly, it was mearly a mearly a place holder to prevent the game from crashing in the event hackers alter a move's type.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

I could go with Fire/Ghost. But my favorite possibility is still Fire/Psychic.
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    I think it's the Kyuubi relation people are drawing on.

Also hope froakie STAYS SKINNY
    He has so much potential, they all do.

Would hate something like this
    http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/200H...ny-d5qudh9.jpg

Also I don't see all 3 starters getting secondary types.
    Last edited by adamfitz; 11th January 2013 at 8:51 PM.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Unfortunately, people like looks. It's shallow, but true. Fennekin is arguably the best looking of the three. I'll personally wait for the evos to choose, but right now, I'm leaning towards Chespin, I just don't want to vote until evos. I'm not picking Fennekin, regardless of it's evos, because it's way too mainstream, as was Snivy.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow wolf View Post
    that or kitsune relation

Kyuubi was already done with Ninetails. But Fennekin may be based more on its abilties instead of its appearence...
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Are you serious! There's a Chespin fan right here!

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

WHAT?!?!?! DON'T BE REDICULOUS!!! Fennekin will obviously be all types.
    don't be stupid, obviously fennekin is the chuck norris type.
    Pokemon White rotational teams pokes in trainingWhite Fc: 4556 7172 3697 BP: 15

credit goes to luxraymaster for the awesome team pose

Your signature contained too many images and was too tall. Please read the signature rules before you update it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    Unfortunately, people like looks. It's shallow, but true. Fennekin is arguably the best looking of the three. I'll personally wait for the evos to choose, but right now, I'm leaning towards Chespin, I just don't want to vote until evos. I'm not picking Fennekin, regardless of it's evos, because it's way too mainstream, as was Snivy.
    Aww, Snivy got Stat screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by dewkage View Post
    that or kitsune relation
    True, the Kyubbi is pretty much a nine tailed kitsune./technically

Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    Kyuubi was already done with Ninetails. But Fennekin may be based more on its abilties instead of its appearence...
    Yup, that's why Psychic/Ghost works.

Quote Originally Posted by lidaboy View Post
    don't be stupid, obviously fennekin is the chuck norris type.
    what are you taking about!. Fennekin taught Chuck norris every thing he knows,but not everything Fennekin knows

If I'm remebering correcly, it was mearly a mearly a place holder to prevent the game from crashing in the event hackers alter a move's type.
    Eh, seriously? I didn't know that either... thank you kindly, Shadow Wolf. :P

Also, on topic... I still think that they will have Dark, Psychic and Fighting as secondary Types. It would make sense, and would be very cool.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Also, on topic... I still think that they will have Dark, Psychic and Fighting as secondary Types. It would make sense, and would be very cool.
    i think they will stay pure

I hope thats not a Fire/Fighting .... But Fenne as Fire/Dark! WOAH Mind Blown

Push da button

Quote Originally Posted by dewkage View Post
    that or kitsune relation
    I don't want to be "that guy but Kitsune and kyuubi are the same thing I believe. a Kitsune as it matures get more tails, the maximum tails it can have is nine. a Kyuubi is a nine tailed Kitsune, Hence the name "Kyuubi no Kitsune" but I could be wrong.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Yup, you can check Bulbapedia's Page if you want to know more.

I'm going with that too, since that's what those moves look like to me in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by JhenMohranMH3 View Post
    I hope thats not a Fire/Fighting .... But Fenne as Fire/Dark! WOAH Mind Blown
    that's what i thought zoura was going to be when i frist saw it

I just realized that Chespin reminds me of Finn from Adventure Time.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Page 105 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 555951011021031041051061071081091151552051105 ... LastLast