View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 131 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 31811211271281291301311321331341351411812311131 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #3251
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Pokémon smash is right here http://www.youtube.com/user/ZephyrSo...?v=VtfR6VNucXU for anyone who wants to watch it
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

    Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

  2. #3252
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    225

    Default

    I would like fennekin to be the fastest with high special atk (fire is pretty bad defensively) chesin to be a base 84-89 speed bulky atacker (grass/steel ftw) and froakie should get base 108 speed and mixed attacker stats
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

    .

    White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

    [IMG] [/IMG]

  3. #3253
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SapphireBlueEyes7799 View Post
    Well, with Contrary+Leafstorm, it's pretty good at sweeping, as I'm a Serperior user myself.

    Back on topic, I can see Fennekin having good Sp. Attk. And average speed.
    Chespin will be the speedy one with average defense, or maybe Defensive one with average speed, due to cheasnuts having a very hard shell.
    Froakie will be the defensive one with average speed and sp. Attk. Or vuce versa, speedy and average Sp. Attk and defense. I can see the fluffy thing on it's back surrounding it and makjng it very definsive wise.
    Except, Contrary isn't available, and Gen 5 is pretty much over.

    I agree with you on the Starters, though.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

    William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns


    I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

    Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl


    And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

    Images removed for making the signature too tall.

  4. #3254
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    I would like fennekin to be the fastest with high special atk (fire is pretty bad defensively) chesin to be a base 84-89 speed bulky atacker (grass/steel ftw) and froakie should get base 108 speed and mixed attacker stats
    I actually wouldn't mind this...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  5. #3255
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    I would like fennekin to be the fastest with high special atk (fire is pretty bad defensively) chesin to be a base 84-89 speed bulky atacker (grass/steel ftw) and froakie should get base 108 speed and mixed attacker stats
    I see Froakie as a mixed tank, but Mixed Attacker sounds good as well.

    What is happening on Smash that doesn't concern gameplay?
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

  6. #3256
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    881

    Default

    I mean a 6 gen, three new starters, 2 new legends aren't a great news?? What is pokemon smash waiting for?? I suspect they would not reveal anything..

  7. #3257
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpsis18 View Post
    Didn't they confirm that Froakie is a Water type, Fennekin is a Fire type and Chespin is a Grass type?? Then how come people still think they'll have other typings?
    That's what I asked before. I mean they were revealed in an official trailer; it doesn't seem like they'd have other types that would be revealed in the future. I think some people are just bored with the Starter Pokemon at the moment and they want some new information about them, which I can't blame them for wanting. I wish we knew a bit more about them too, but we still have ten months before the games are released. :x

  8. #3258
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    That's what I asked before. I mean they were revealed in an official trailer; it doesn't seem like they'd have other types that would be revealed in the future. I think some people are just bored with the Starter Pokemon at the moment and they want some new information about them, which I can't blame them for wanting. I wish we knew a bit more about them too, but we still have ten months before the games are released. :x
    Most people are speculating their evolutions' types, not specifically their types.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  9. #3259
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Most people are speculating their evolutions' types, not specifically their types.
    Actually their first stage types haven't been officially revealed yet..Strange..So for what we know they could have a second type since the first stage..

  10. #3260
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In a house:D
    Posts
    107

    Default


    So, I'm gonna go with Fennekin all the way, I can see a Fire/Psychic with an average speed 90-95 and a good SpAtk

    Pokemon Showdown Nick: Xx_Tyki_xX

    3Ds Code: 5171-9832-9728
    Friend Safari Fire.

    Visist The Black Sheep Ark, I will always do my best.

  11. #3261
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    881

    Default

    Completely nothing on Pokemon Smash, I mean NOTHING.. Not either a mention to a new generation, just 30 min of stupid games..

  12. #3262
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    145

    Default

    i am guessing as no1 seems so hot on writing smash was smash?

  13. #3263
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Wow, that smash episode was a complete waste of my life...they didn't even mention 6th gen...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  14. #3264
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Squirtle University of Weather
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    1) It's not relevant at all and your caps lock banter didn't create the illusion that it is either. It's a fallacy that because it has yellow eyes, which also happen to be really big as to generation more "noise" in its dynamic color scheme, it must possess electric capabilities. The fact that Sugimori decided to use colors similar to another Pokemon still does not make your argument less fallacious. It's an analysis based on context not actual content.
    It is TOO relevant and and my caps lock banter is being used to emphasize simple points that to OBVIOUSLY aren't capable of understanding though "context" alone. The fact that yellow and blue are a COMMON color scheme to that of electric type Pokemon is NOT a fallacy. It's FACT. Chinchou, Lanturn, Shinx, Luxio, Luxray, Eelectrik, Eelectross, Minun, AND Manectric are OTHER examples of Electric type Pokemon who follow this COMMON Electric type color scheme. Enough "content" for you? I used Thundurus a my example only because he was the Pokemon who most closely resembled my speculative theory in both color scheme AND speculated design. I hope my more liberal use of caps made my points a bit clearer. If not, I'd be more than happy to use more.

    2) No, but you didn't compare Altaria to another Nintendo creation. Your entire point was that it shared similarities with a character from a Zelda game - a frog who sits upon a cloud. Let's try to remain in focus here. So yes, not sitting on a cloud does rupture that statement. There is a greater chance that this is symbolic of foam or bubbles than clouds. For one, frogs live in an environment composed of bubbles and foam. Frogs don't live in clouds. I just have a feeling that the "allusion" to foam on the frog, is that exactly; foam.
    ...Yes. Yes I did compare Altaria to another Nintendo creation. Froakie. The "focus" of this entire debate. I think my focus is just fine. Then again, by your supreme standards that could very well be another fallacious claim I've made. My comparison of Froakie to that Zelda game was a frog with a cloud. I then used Altaria as an example that a Pokemon doesn't need to be sitting on the cloud for it to be a cloud. OBVIOUSLY frogs don't live in clouds. Just like pigs don't breath fire and just like snakes don't create leaf tornados and just like FROGS DON'T SIT ON CLOUDS. It a FICTIONAL character. It doesn't have to be realistic. You can feel like it's foam all you like, but I think it's made to resemble a cloud. It LOOKS like a cloud. Even if it ISN'T an allusion to foam.

    3)You'll have to provide substantial examples of this miraculous occurrence where you somehow "debunk" people "debunking" your very stretched speculation (which is very unlikely) before I begin to accept this premise. This perspective I have is drawn from another user here and built upon that same perspective. The reflection we can witness here is the depiction that the "sack" which is conveniently connected from around the neck (where it has a "joined" point) to the back (like a sack on the back of a thief versus a...ridiculously placed powdered wig?) is a reference to a dorobou. The strangely colored nostrils (the same color as the "sack" with a slick flat blue line leading to the back and beginning from the snout also points to a similar reflection.
    If you'd like to go back and read all of my previous debates on the subject, be my guest. I'm not going to repost pages of back and forth banter for your amusement. Don't be lazy. You're perspective is a valid as mine. (although I personally think I have many more valid points when compared to your ONE)

    4) That picture doesn't provide any relation. Where is Froakie's powdered wig? THE CLOUD His spectacles? THE TWO WHITE CIRCLES WHERE HIS NOSE WOULD BE His regal outfit? The front "fluff" and white "gloves" can imply that his blue skin from the neck down IS his regal outfit! All points that ALREADY discussed before and am AGAIN repeating for your amusement. Really, this is all based on this "pensive" appearance and some white fluff around his neck-back area. It's not. It's based off of the points I've just made for the THIRD time this forum Shallow. Haha, alrighty then.

    Your speculation is simply harder to begin to accept. It's generally less likely, and also makes less sense.

    Honestly, it's "simply" not. I understand you believing your own point over mine. But my points are perfectly valid (as I've shown AGAIN) and in my opinion more likely then yours is.

    ...CAPS.
    Let's get this out of the way; your "points" are invalid because not only are they poor speculations drawn from shallowly observed evidence, but they do not even interconnect. They are each back-up arguments for potential failed arguments.

    So you named several Pokemon with a shared color scheme; you didn't name which parts of their color scheme were blotted with with color which is actually significant. To further deconstruct your points; Chinchou and Lanturn are reflections of angler fish; fish in reality which glow in the dark. We call this bioluminescence which shares similarities with electricity in terms of appearance and aura. Shinx's line possess yellow in potions all over its body, not solely its eyes (which are never entered into these equations) and they aren't even the same dynamic color scheme as Froakie. Neither is the Eelektross line. Your continued fallacy is that you ignore the fact that a Pokemon's eye color doesn't solely reflects its typing. Fire Pokemon do not always possess red or orange eyes. Electric Pokemon do not consistently possess yellow eyes. Water Pokemon are not stocked with blue eyes... this can go on forever as the eye color of Froakie is your sole basis for this assumption that this connected color scheme in relation to other Pokemon is some sort of decisive pattern relative to the argument that it can actually be considered of Electric background. This is ridiculous. This entire focal point is based on, let everyone know - that it is legitimate to speculate Froakie is potentially electric because it has yellow eyes. Yellow and blue are clearly always an electric combination

    You didn't compare Altaria to another Nintendo creation. Firstly, Froakie belongs to Gamefreak, not Nintendo. And before you start, no, that isn't splitting hairs, what you said was, in the first instance, fallaicous. Your second "sound" reasoning supporting the theory that Froakie was of electric background was on the basis that it shared similarities with the Nintendo creations in Windwaker - the storm-based frogs atop clouds. Froakie does not surround itself with cloud, nor does it sit, levitating atop one. This would imply that it is not similarly based, but that they share convenient similarities that give way to this desperate speculation. Your perspective as to why you provided a point and what it's purpose was is not in line with why I think you provide a point and what is its purpose. No, a Pokemon does not need to be sitting on a cloud for it to be a cloud; I never suggested that. I suggested that it is less likely based on this being because it shares no reflection of its position or powers. As well, I absolutely do not believe that there is a greater chance the tuft around Froakie is a cloud formation shaped like a powdered wig (which isn't even located ON his head? Wow, Ken Sugimori just missed a big Benjamin Franklin comparison there...no wonder only you have this opinion) when it's more likely a clever use of a frog's natural environment (bubbles or foam) to represent a sack similar to a dorobou.

    Your many more valid points are so much so that that they don't even need to connect with each other! It's astounding that your arguments are so intelligent and well deduced that Froakie's electric background is understood because of its reflection of a Wind Waker deity.. oh wait... that doesn't work necessarily so it also looks like Ben Franklin... Right. Wait... that's a cloud representing its storm-based divine background... oh or is it a parasitic powdered wig for some reason attached to a baby Pokemon's neck and back? This all makes a boatload of sense.

    I already deconstructed your powdered wig assessment. The two "circles" that are his nostrils are much more likely the "knot" tied with the dorobou. This connects with the sack of foam, the knotted nose area, perhaps even the thief gloves. All of my theories interweave. Yours are independent and aimless in explanation. Chanting "My arguments are the best!" without any content and some expectation that I will, for any reason, accept that without check is absurd. So keep chanting your points and I will keep tearing them apart, so to speak. I do not find your points perfectly valid as they are founded on false premises and poor abilities to relate styles to real-life comparisons.

    A
    H
    H
    H...

  15. #3265
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Squirtle View Post
    Let's get this out of the way; your "points" are invalid because not only are they poor speculations drawn from shallowly observed evidence, but they do not even interconnect. They are each back-up arguments for potential failed arguments.

    So you named several Pokemon with a shared color scheme; you didn't name which parts of their color scheme were blotted with with color which is actually significant. To further deconstruct your points; Chinchou and Lanturn are reflections of angler fish; fish in reality which glow in the dark. We call this bioluminescence which shares similarities with electricity in terms of appearance and aura. Shinx's line possess yellow in potions all over its body, not solely its eyes (which are never entered into these equations) and they aren't even the same dynamic color scheme as Froakie. Neither is the Eelektross line. Your continued fallacy is that you ignore the fact that a Pokemon's eye color doesn't solely reflects its typing. Fire Pokemon do not always possess red or orange eyes. Electric Pokemon do not consistently possess yellow eyes. Water Pokemon are not stocked with blue eyes... this can go on forever as the eye color of Froakie is your sole basis for this assumption that this connected color scheme in relation to other Pokemon is some sort of decisive pattern relative to the argument that it can actually be considered of Electric background. This is ridiculous. This entire focal point is based on, let everyone know - that it is legitimate to speculate Froakie is potentially electric because it has yellow eyes. Yellow and blue are clearly always an electric combination

    You didn't compare Altaria to another Nintendo creation. Firstly, Froakie belongs to Gamefreak, not Nintendo. And before you start, no, that isn't splitting hairs, what you said was, in the first instance, fallaicous. Your second "sound" reasoning supporting the theory that Froakie was of electric background was on the basis that it shared similarities with the Nintendo creations in Windwaker - the storm-based frogs atop clouds. Froakie does not surround itself with cloud, nor does it sit, levitating atop one. This would imply that it is not similarly based, but that they share convenient similarities that give way to this desperate speculation. Your perspective as to why you provided a point and what it's purpose was is not in line with why I think you provide a point and what is its purpose. No, a Pokemon does not need to be sitting on a cloud for it to be a cloud; I never suggested that. I suggested that it is less likely based on this being because it shares no reflection of its position or powers. As well, I absolutely do not believe that there is a greater chance the tuft around Froakie is a cloud formation shaped like a powdered wig (which isn't even located ON his head? Wow, Ken Sugimori just missed a big Benjamin Franklin comparison there...no wonder only you have this opinion) when it's more likely a clever use of a frog's natural environment (bubbles or foam) to represent a sack similar to a dorobou.

    Your many more valid points are so much so that that they don't even need to connect with each other! It's astounding that your arguments are so intelligent and well deduced that Froakie's electric background is understood because of its reflection of a Wind Waker deity.. oh wait... that doesn't work necessarily so it also looks like Ben Franklin... Right. Wait... that's a cloud representing its storm-based divine background... oh or is it a parasitic powdered wig for some reason attached to a baby Pokemon's neck and back? This all makes a boatload of sense.

    I already deconstructed your powdered wig assessment. The two "circles" that are his nostrils are much more likely the "knot" tied with the dorobou. This connects with the sack of foam, the knotted nose area, perhaps even the thief gloves. All of my theories interweave. Yours are independent and aimless in explanation. Chanting "My arguments are the best!" without any content and some expectation that I will, for any reason, accept that without check is absurd. So keep chanting your points and I will keep tearing them apart, so to speak. I do not find your points perfectly valid as they are founded on false premises and poor abilities to relate styles to real-life comparisons.
    On your argument about it being made to resemble clouds, it's not. As seen in Froakie's French name, it resembles bubbles/foam. Certain frog species carry their eggs/tadpoles on their back inside of bubbles.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  16. #3266
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    I'm choosing Froakie because I don't want to have the same reaction as this.

  17. #3267
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,604

    Default

    I really wouldn't be hurt if Fennekin became to be a Fire/Fighting Pokemon after it evolved. I've grown used to it now. :/

  18. #3268
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Littleroot Town
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    I'm choosing Froakie because I don't want to have the same reaction as this.
    That was hilarious. XD

    I wouldn't put it past Game Freak, either...

    Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:


  19. #3269
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I really wouldn't be hurt if Fennekin became to be a Fire/Fighting Pokemon after it evolved. I've grown used to it now. :/
    Still, wouldn't it be better if he wasn't? I mean, the little guy has too much potential for it all to just be wasted on Fire/Fighting!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...



    And womanizer, of course!

  20. #3270
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    Still, wouldn't it be better if he wasn't? I mean, the little guy has too much potential for it all to just be wasted on Fire/Fighting!
    Maybe.....but I'm not going to set myself up for disappointment here. :/

  21. #3271
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Maybe.....but I'm not going to set myself up for disappointment here. :/
    I'm already set for disppointment at this point. If GameFreak's plan is to troll... They are setting up everything perfectly for it!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...



    And womanizer, of course!

  22. #3272
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Still, it would be better a Fire/Psychic that kick the last 4 gen asses. It will be a metaphoric way to say that this generation is better than the mistakes made in the last two.

  23. #3273
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,604

    Default

    By all means I want it to be Fire/Psychic. It would be a unique typing and it would be the first non-Legendary or even first Pokemon to be that. Victini is Psychic/Fire though, I don't know if you would still count that though. :/

  24. #3274
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Yes, fire/psychic would clearly be the best case scenario. And that would, indeed, be a nice way for them to say this is the best generation so far!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...



    And womanizer, of course!

  25. #3275
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    594

    Default

    With the Zen Mode ability, Darmanitan is also capable of wielding the Fire/Psychic type combination. But regardless, having a Fire/Psychic starter Pokemon would be pretty cool. Though Fennekin's not really my type of Pokemon.

Page 131 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 31811211271281291301311321331341351411812311131 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •