View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 145 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 45951351411421431441451461471481491551952451145 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ciccone View Post
    yassss, the votes for fennekin have really been coming in these past couple of days. I was worried for a bit when chespin and froakie passed the 100 votes mark, but it seems that queen fennekin is still holding onto her crown. Good for her. I just hope there isn't a shift in popularity among the starters when the new anime saga starts. *looks at oshawott*
    All hail Queen Fennekin! Long Live the Fennekoalition!!!
    All your Kirby are belong to us! (>' . ')> (>' . ')>(>' . ')> (b^-^)b

I am proud to present my first wild shiny since the 3rd Generation, Magikarp!
    ...We all got to start somewhere, right?

FC: 0602-6317-4560
    Friend Safari: Electric-Pachirisu, Stunfisk, Manectric
    Add me if you want to, I'll add most anyone. Just shoot me a PM if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    I'm going to make this prediction again:

Everyone is switching to Chespin when the evos are shown.
    Or Froakie, both seem to be even in terms of popularity. XD

dragon is definitely not going to be a starting type as it would make the rock-paper-scissor concept of the starters almost completely void, especially on the water type, would not have expected a steel type on any of the starters other than grass because that's what kinda messed up the fourth gen RPS, with infernape beating both of the other starters with flare blitz/close combat, so on any new starters, fighting, psychic, dark trio works similarily to grass fire water, so it is still possible that there will be those secondary types, also I would love the grass starter to be grass/rock, but that would mean that the fire type starter would have to be either fire/fighting , fire/ice, or fire/bug to have a super effective move over that typing. only one of those doesn't have a weakness to rock, and Hopefully we won't have another fire/fighting, (because I believe somewhere before, someone mentoned the frog being based on a book called journey west or something with a frog/fightingthing) I'm thinking the grass starter is going to be either grass/steel to go along the lines of chestnut is really hard to break, grass/dark because it's a shady hedgehog, grass/fighting (especially would work if fire starter was fire/psychic this would make you essentially have to get a new pokemon if you want to take on your rival) so there's a few possibilities, all of which ending in a usual rock paper scissors,

Quote Originally Posted by wunderkind View Post
    all hail queen fennekin! Long live the fennekoalition!
    That is, of course, until Chespin gains swords and armor, and everyone loves him forever, shunning Fennekin into Tepig territory.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Um....they only gave us an entirely 3D world, and are about to give us 100+ pokemon after already serving us 649 pokemon with gravy....
    I don't think they're creativity is crap, they just need more fans who are experienced enough in graphic design, to be part of the Gamefreak team.
    There is absolutely no problem in them using a frog for a starter.
    There is only one other water frog which is a complete dunce!
    And the other frog being a complete bad a*s.
    My point is I think the only people complaining are people who plainly don't like the designs period solely based on there own individual opinion.
    There are THREE water frogs/toads not including Froakie, and I think that they are ALL awesome... And I welcome many more.

Also, I don't get how some people (not you) think that just because Gamefreak are using the same species for more then one Pokemon design, they must be running out of ideas. Since when has there been only one species of fox? One species of frog. One type of dog or cat or bird or rat in the REAL WORLD? They aren't out of ideas people, they are being realistic. Gamefreak with almost certainly NEVER run out of ideas, because there are thousands of possibilities and only a few hundred used! Not to mention that that number is almost exponentially less because of cases where two or three pokemon are just evolutions expending on ONE idea. (or to a greater extent, branched evolutions all expanding on either one common idea or two similar and closely related ideas) Pokemon running out of ideas? Ha! You SHOULD be saying that Pokemon isn't spitting out ENOUGH ideas! /sarcasm
    Last edited by Tickle Me Cooper; 13th January 2013 at 9:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    Lol, I think you're alone on that one. Personlly, if there is another Fire/Fighting I am boycotting starters altogether in my game. I'd rather use a Bidoof seriously as my starter then entertain another Fire/Fighting type. Infact... That's exactly what I will do. If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting... no. If ANY of these next starters are part Fighting and Bidoof is catchable in game I'm starting with Chespin, dumping that moefoe in the PC the first chance I get, catching a Bidoof, and PWNing my rival's abomination with Surf. This, I swear.

...Unless Froakie is water/Electric.
    Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Quote Originally Posted by wunderkind View Post
    all hail queen fennekin! Long live the fennekoalition!
    That is, of course, until Chespin gains swords and armor, and everyone loves him forever, shunning Fennekin into Tepig territory.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Quote Originally Posted by avsimone View Post
    dragon is definitely not going to be a starting type as it would make the rock-paper-scissor concept of the starters almost completely void, especially on the water type, would not have expected a steel type on any of the starters other than grass because that's what kinda messed up the fourth gen RPS, with infernape beating both of the other starters with flare blitz/close combat, so on any new starters, fighting, psychic, dark trio works similarily to grass fire water, so it is still possible that there will be those secondary types, also I would love the grass starter to be grass/rock, but that would mean that the fire type starter would have to be either fire/fighting , fire/ice, or fire/bug to have a super effective move over that typing. only one of those doesn't have a weakness to rock, and Hopefully we won't have another fire/fighting, (because I believe somewhere before, someone mentoned the frog being based on a book called journey west or something with a frog/fightingthing) I'm thinking the grass starter is going to be either grass/steel to go along the lines of chestnut is really hard to break, grass/dark because it's a shady hedgehog, grass/fighting (especially would work if fire starter was fire/psychic this would make you essentially have to get a new pokemon if you want to take on your rival) so there's a few possibilities, all of which ending in a usual rock paper scissors,
    NOT.
    ONE.
    PERIOD.

I would be totally okay with Dragon, as long as the other types gain resistance to each other.
    That way, it's still even.
    Maybe like Steel/Dragon/Ghost (in no specific order).
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

I wonder what level they may evolve on? Early like Cyndaquil? At 16 like most of them? Or late like Totodile? The highest I see is 18 like Totodile.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I wonder what level they may evolve on? Early like Cyndaquil? At 16 like most of them? Or late like Totodile? The highest I see is 18 like Totodile.
    I always thought the Water starter always evolved at 18, the Fire starter evolved at 14, and the Grass starter evolved at 16.
    I dunno, though, just a thought.

EDIT: Nevermind, it just varies by the gen.
    Turtwig was also 18 though.
    Last edited by Luxvan; 13th January 2013 at 9:54 PM.
    <<R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    I always thought the Water starter always evolved at 18, the Fire starter evolved at 14, and the Grass starter evolved at 16.
    I dunno, though, just a thought.
    Nah, Totodile and Oshawott evolve at the highest. Being 17 and 18 respectively. While Squirtle and Mudkip evolve at 16.

Nah, Totodile and Oshawott evolve at the highest. Being 17 and 18 respectively. While Squirtle and Mudkip evolve at 16.
    I'd rather have them evolve at higher levels

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

the level range for evolution is from 14-18 and 32-36 with the most common evolutionlevels being 16, and 36. the first few grass starters evolve just a little earlier than the others (at levels 16 and 32, though not exclusively) the firs starters about average (16 nd 36) and the water starters somewhere in between, however the most recent starters evolve later. Is this showing a new trend for game freak? maybe the average evolution levels for the pokemon have to be about the same? for the 3rd and 4th gen the fire starters evolved early to combat the Rock gym, so it depends what the first gym will be, if it's something neutral to the three starters, it's anybodies guess. We need more info!!

Quote Originally Posted by silicon View Post
    Yep Dragon is one. I believe I mentioned another one in a previous post, Dark.

Here's all 7 I never expect to see as starter subtypes: Water, Grass, Fire, Dragon, Dark, Psychic, Ghost.
    1 kind of agree with 4 from the start but; dark, psychic and ghost isnt all that problematic for starters to have. before the 4th gen no1 will ever thought of steel type on a starter but we did get 1. All they need to do is make sure they dont make starters with this types on the same gen. (thou they can do it if they give the starter with psy 2. type a new ability like miracle eye. )

Oooh before i forget i dont think normal will be given to a starter also.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    We could even get them in the 20's. I wouldn't be surprised if we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    Also, I don't get how some people (not you) think that just because Gamefreak are using the same species for more then one Pokemon design, they must be running out of ideas.
    Yeah, this annoys me too. Yet when Salamence was revealed I didn't hear a single person whining that dragons had been done to death? lol

I don't mind one bit when different pokemon are based on the same/similar animal species. Shinx and Meowth's lines are both based on cats, but there's a world of difference! If anything I prefer the animal-based pokemon to the mineral ones (with the exception of ghosts, which are wicked cool), so bring more turtles, big cats and dogs and birds my way, GF! Now we've had a fennec fox all I need for ultimate fangirl joy is a dolphin. *fingers crossed*

@ Absimone please use some para breaks! :3
    Last edited by SasakiThePikachu; 13th January 2013 at 10:10 PM.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

I would hate if the starters didn't start evolving until 20+.
    If so, there better not be any gyms that have a type advantage over any starter.
    Like DARK. LET'S GET A DARK GYM ALREADY.
    though it deserves to be the 8th.
    <<R.I.P.

Me too, in Heart gold and both my gen V games I evolved my starters at later levels, It feels more natural that way plus I get to enjoy each stage longer, evolve them at like 25 and 40ish respectively Normal animals don't grow overnight, but then again normal animals don't breathe fire.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

We could even get them in the 20's. I wouldn't be surprised if we did.
    I don't mind either if there's enough trainers to reach that level quicker (I hate training in the wild) or the starters are strong enough to hold their own till then which I assume is up to 2-3 gyms.

Why?

5th gen introduced the concept of the higher level your Pokémon is the less experience points it gets.

On top of something like Zweillous evolving at level 64, it makes it really hard to enjoy Pokémon when they evolve at really high levels.

So I have no idea why anyone would want a Pokémon to evolve at higher levels when the B-button method, and the everstone are easy to use methods to make sure your starter is with you a few more levels if that's why you want them to evolve at higher levels.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I would like Counter types as starters, as they did in 4gen.

Torterra could beat Infernape with his ground type despite being weak to fire.
    Infernape can beat Empoleon with his fighting type despite being weak to water
    Empoleon has Steel type which also makes grass neutral against torterra.

See what I mean?

I really hope these types will come out

Fennekin fire / psychic
    Froakie Water / Poison
    Chespin Grass / Ground

Chespin however looks like its going to be fight though, or either just stay pure grass.

I find it doubtful that they will evolve after the 20's. It is almost a tradition to have the first evolution be on the late 10's and the last one be on the the mid-late 30's. I doubt they will brake that tradition. At least without a good reason!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

I would hate if the starters didn't start evolving until 20+.
    If so, there better not be any gyms that have a type advantage over any starter.
    Like DARK. LET'S GET A DARK GYM ALREADY.
    though it deserves to be the 8th.
    As far as i know there's only been two people that specialize with dark types, and both have been elite four. I guess they are in need of a dark gym, I mean sometime it's going to come out right?

other types that have only a few leaders/elite that specialize are steel (with 2) bug (also with 2) poison (with 2) and hopefully we won't have another water gym, I mean there's been at least one in every generation (that's including Misty's gym the second time in gold/silver)

Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    I find it doubtful that they will evolve after the 20's. It is almost a tradition to have the first evolution be on the late 10's and the last one be on the the mid-late 30's. I doubt they will brake that tradition. At least without a good reason!
    The earliest in the 20's I see them evolvong would be 21. I'm lost past that. Maybe 23?

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Yeah, this annoys me too. Yet when Salamence was revealed I didn't hear a single person whining that dragons had been done to death? lol
    nobody could say that cause salamence actually was the 7th dragon any1 ever encountered(2 of them his other 3 was dragonite family 1 is altaria). dragonite and salamence doesnt exactly look the same.

Yeah, they probably wont evolve past level 18, (and that would likely only be for one), but I would love for them to evolve later....some starters I really like to keep unevolved, like oshawott, totodile, cyndaquil, piplup and snivy because they look so much cooler and cuter than their evolutions, I feel. I still eventually evolve them, but I often keep them unevolved for a while because they are cute :-)
    Hi I am back and hopefully really will be active again! LOVING XY so much but there really isn't even a point of saying I love it since it is just....arceus. Yeah. Anyways, my 3DS friend code is 0688 5572 5678 if anyone wants to battle or register me!
    Friend Safari: Slugma, Growlithe, Braixen

Page 145 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 45951351411421431441451461471481491551952451145 ... LastLast