View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 151 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 511011411471481491501511521531541551612012511151 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

It looks like someone dumped some of those chemical powders that come with crystal growing kits on the poor little frog.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

I'm sure Froakie's deisgn has been speculated on what it could/would be... Its name reminds me of Foam... Fffff-roakie. Kinda like this:

Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    I like very much! frozen frog would be great!
    Ah yes.. Or for "fro-zen"

This is getting nasty. I already have a fear of frogs. ._.

So yea. How about them Starters?

Quote Originally Posted by h0v0r View Post
    I'm sure Froakie's deisgn has been speculated on what it could/would be... Its name reminds me of Foam... Fffff-roakie. Kinda like this:

I plan to play fennekin on Y but in Z (or x2/z2 ) I will definately name my froakie this if he becomes water/Ice! ( but that leaves out chespin :-( might get x and put froakie on there and use all three starters in the third version), as they are all awesome but fennekin is king! froakie 2nd best chespin 3rd
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Woah my last post was #3737 0_o. Weird. I am still hoping for fire/psychic!

Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    I plan to play fennekin on Y but in Z (or x2/z2 ) I will definately name my froakie this if he becomes water/Ice! ( but that leaves out chespin :-( might get x and put froakie on there and use all three starters in the third version), as they are all awesome but fennekin is king! froakie 2nd best chespin 3rd
    Yeah I agree, Fennekin has the best design. It seems to be a favorite not only here but everywhere (especially DA).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7437 View Post
    Woah my last post was #3737 0_o. Weird. I am still hoping for fire/psychic!
    Why is that weird?? :O

Also I've sad news about Fennikin's second evolution...
        Spoiler:- Second Evo:
    Last edited by hevver; 14th January 2013 at 2:10 AM.

^^ I would be the happiest Fennekin Lover ever if that was true. And the only one probably! Haha
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

Quote Originally Posted by EliJolesy View Post
    ^^ I would be the happiest Fennekin Lover ever if that was true. And the only one probably! Haha
    Happy that we have another fire/fighting typing for a starter?! :O You cray.
    Also I just read its name in Japanese and it's Fo-fighter. haha people are crazyyyy

Happy that we have another fire/fighting typing for a starter?! :O You cray.
    I've said before that I don't care if its fire/fighting. Typing usually doesn't bother me. I just love the way that looks!
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

Yeah, to tell you the thruth you probably would be alone on that... Another Fire/Fighting would make Fennekin Tepig MarkII...
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Are those two frogs mating?
    #BuyUltraviolance

Also I've sad news about Fennikin's second evolution...
        Spoiler:- Second Evo:
    Would be more convincing if the name didn't break the 5-character limit.

Please, Game Freak, no more Fire/Fighting starter evos... please...

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

I'm getting both games,so fennekin for X and for Y Chespin OR Froaki depending on the final evolution.

Why some people still think Froakie uses an ice attack? C'mon, it's quite simple:
    - Fennekin uses a fire attack (flamethrower) because it is the fire type starter.
    - Chespin uses a grass type attack (solar beam) because he is the grass type starter.
    - Froakie uses an ice type atttack because he is the ice type starter? No, that just doesn't make sense. It is water gun because he is water type.

(BTW, water gun is not as powerful as flamethrower or solar beam; it should have used bubble beam at least. Or is it hydropump?)

As for typing, I'd like them to be grass/steel, fire/ground and water/rock, so the main starter type does x4 damage to the weaker pokémon, while the second type does normal damage. (Sadly, Frokie doesn't look like a rock type at all. But who knows how its evolutions will look like... I didn't expect tepig final evo to become a fire/fighting moblin from Zelda XD )

What colours do you think shiny starters will have?
    Last edited by STADIUM; 14th January 2013 at 2:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    Are those two frogs mating?
    Yessirie! They be making babies for the snakes to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    Would be more convincing if the name didn't break the 5-character limit.

Please, Game Freak, no more Fire/Fighting starter evos... please...
    Yee-yuh

Hilarious.

I've said before that I don't care if its fire/fighting. Typing usually doesn't bother me. I just love the way that looks!
    Thank you for being a rational human being.

Gonna say it again:

There is NO concrete evidence AGAINST Fennekin's 2nd attack in the trailer being Growl or some other non-damaging stat reducer.

Anyone who would like to debate this fact feel free.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by STADIUM View Post
    Why some people still think Froakie uses an ice attack? C'mon, it's quite simple:
    - Fennekin uses a fire attack (flamethrower) because it is the fire type starter.
    - Chespin uses a grass type attack (solar beam) because he is the grass type starter.
    - Froakie uses an ice type atttack because he is the ice type starter? No, that just doesn't make sense. It is water gun because he is water type.

Only fully evolved water type starters learn hydro cannon. A better guess might be hydro pump.
    (BTW, water gun is not as powerful as flamethrower or solar beam; it should have used bubble beam at least. Or is it hydrocannon?)

As for typing, I'd like them to be grass/steel, fire/ground and water/rock, so the main starter type does x4 damage to the weaker pokémon, while the second type does normal damage. (Sadly, Frokie doesn't look like a rock type at all. But who knows how its evolutions will look like... I didn't expect tepig final evo to become a fire/fighting moblin from Zelda XD )

What colours do you think shiny starters will have?
    Only fully evolved water type starters learn hydro cannon. A better guess might be hydro pump.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Yeah, you're right. I meant hydro pump, but I messed up the names!

the fire/fighting type dosen't bother me that much but...... I just don't like the design at all! no matter how much I try to like it :-( It's like he/she lost his graceful look and while it's a nice drawing in terms of talent, the body parts seem to random like a powerangers megazord .
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    Thank you for being a rational human being.

Gonna say it again:

There is NO concrete evidence AGAINST Fennekin's 2nd attack in the trailer being Growl or some other non-damaging stat reducer.

Anyone who would like to debate this fact feel free.
    Of course there aren't concrete evidences that that wasn't growl. Just like there aren't any concrete evidence that that attack IS Growl.
    I mean, we're all just speculating. You can't have concrete evidence in the speculation phase!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Does anybody think it might be a new attack, not been known yet? I think Fennekin is using one of those unknown new attacks.

It looks like Growl to me.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    Of course there aren't concrete evidences that that wasn't growl. Just like there aren't any concrete evidence that that attack IS Growl.
    I mean, we're all just speculating. You can't have concrete evidence in the speculation phase!
    I didn't claim to have any.
    I was just putting it out there because plenty of folks have already claimed that there's no way it can be a non-damaging move.
    Hat by wolfy.

Do you think 2nd evolutions of the starters often give you a good idea of the final evolution? I'm asking because I want to know how much of information can I take to decide on my starter if Nintendo gives us info on the 2nd evolutions first.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    Do you think 2nd evolutions of the starters often give you a good idea of the final evolution? I'm asking because I want to know how much of information can I take to decide on my starter if Nintendo gives us info on the 2nd evolutions first.
    Statwise, absolutely. Doubt we'll know stats that early.
    Design-wise, not really at all. Look at past 1st evos. They often look nothing like the final stage, looking instead like overgrown versions of the basic stage.

'fraid we'll likely be going in blind. But hey, remember last gen we had images of the full evolution lines leaked really early. It's not likely to happen again, but never say never.
    Hat by wolfy.

Page 151 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 511011411471481491501511521531541551612012511151 ... LastLast