View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 151 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 511011411471481491501511521531541551612012511151 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #3751
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,555

    Default

    It looks like someone dumped some of those chemical powders that come with crystal growing kits on the poor little frog.

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  2. #3752
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pick your nose
    Posts
    2,721

    Default

    I'm sure Froakie's deisgn has been speculated on what it could/would be... Its name reminds me of Foam... Fffff-roakie. Kinda like this:



    Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    I like very much! frozen frog would be great!
    Ah yes.. Or for "fro-zen"

  3. #3753
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,598

    Default

    This is getting nasty. I already have a fear of frogs. ._.

    So yea. How about them Starters?

  4. #3754
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by h0v0r View Post
    I'm sure Froakie's deisgn has been speculated on what it could/would be... Its name reminds me of Foam... Fffff-roakie. Kinda like this:




    Ah yes.. Or for "fro-zen"
    I plan to play fennekin on Y but in Z (or x2/z2 ) I will definately name my froakie this if he becomes water/Ice! ( but that leaves out chespin :-( might get x and put froakie on there and use all three starters in the third version), as they are all awesome but fennekin is king! froakie 2nd best chespin 3rd
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

    .

    White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

    [IMG] [/IMG]

  5. #3755
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Eon Gardens
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Woah my last post was #3737 0_o. Weird. I am still hoping for fire/psychic!

  6. #3756
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pick your nose
    Posts
    2,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    I plan to play fennekin on Y but in Z (or x2/z2 ) I will definately name my froakie this if he becomes water/Ice! ( but that leaves out chespin :-( might get x and put froakie on there and use all three starters in the third version), as they are all awesome but fennekin is king! froakie 2nd best chespin 3rd
    Yeah I agree, Fennekin has the best design. It seems to be a favorite not only here but everywhere (especially DA).

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7437 View Post
    Woah my last post was #3737 0_o. Weird. I am still hoping for fire/psychic!
    Why is that weird?? :O

    Also I've sad news about Fennikin's second evolution...
        Spoiler:- Second Evo:
    Last edited by hevver; 14th January 2013 at 2:10 AM.

  7. #3757
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in the US!
    Posts
    260

    Default

    ^^ I would be the happiest Fennekin Lover ever if that was true. And the only one probably! Haha
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

  8. #3758
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pick your nose
    Posts
    2,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EliJolesy View Post
    ^^ I would be the happiest Fennekin Lover ever if that was true. And the only one probably! Haha
    Happy that we have another fire/fighting typing for a starter?! :O You cray.
    Also I just read its name in Japanese and it's Fo-fighter. haha people are crazyyyy

  9. #3759
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in the US!
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by h0v0r View Post
    Happy that we have another fire/fighting typing for a starter?! :O You cray.
    I've said before that I don't care if its fire/fighting. Typing usually doesn't bother me. I just love the way that looks!
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

  10. #3760
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EliJolesy View Post
    ^^ I would be the happiest Fennekin Lover ever if that was true. And the only one probably! Haha
    Yeah, to tell you the thruth you probably would be alone on that... Another Fire/Fighting would make Fennekin Tepig MarkII...
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...



    And womanizer, of course!

  11. #3761
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,552

    Default

    Are those two frogs mating?
    #BuyUltraviolance

  12. #3762
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Littleroot Town
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by h0v0r View Post
    Also I've sad news about Fennikin's second evolution...
        Spoiler:- Second Evo:
    Would be more convincing if the name didn't break the 5-character limit.

    Please, Game Freak, no more Fire/Fighting starter evos... please...

    Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:


  13. #3763
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Peanuts.
    Posts
    83

    Default

    I'm getting both games,so fennekin for X and for Y Chespin OR Froaki depending on the final evolution.

  14. #3764
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Germany (but I'm Spanish)
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Why some people still think Froakie uses an ice attack? C'mon, it's quite simple:
    - Fennekin uses a fire attack (flamethrower) because it is the fire type starter.
    - Chespin uses a grass type attack (solar beam) because he is the grass type starter.
    - Froakie uses an ice type atttack because he is the ice type starter? No, that just doesn't make sense. It is water gun because he is water type.

    (BTW, water gun is not as powerful as flamethrower or solar beam; it should have used bubble beam at least. Or is it hydropump?)

    As for typing, I'd like them to be grass/steel, fire/ground and water/rock, so the main starter type does x4 damage to the weaker pokémon, while the second type does normal damage. (Sadly, Frokie doesn't look like a rock type at all. But who knows how its evolutions will look like... I didn't expect tepig final evo to become a fire/fighting moblin from Zelda XD )

    What colours do you think shiny starters will have?
    Last edited by STADIUM; 14th January 2013 at 2:28 AM.

  15. #3765
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pick your nose
    Posts
    2,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    Are those two frogs mating?
    Yessirie! They be making babies for the snakes to eat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    Would be more convincing if the name didn't break the 5-character limit.

    Please, Game Freak, no more Fire/Fighting starter evos... please...
    Yee-yuh

  16. #3766
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States, East Coast
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by h0v0r View Post
    I'm sure Froakie's deisgn has been speculated on what it could/would be... Its name reminds me of Foam... Fffff-roakie. Kinda like this:

    Ah yes.. Or for "fro-zen"
    Hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by EliJolesy View Post
    I've said before that I don't care if its fire/fighting. Typing usually doesn't bother me. I just love the way that looks!
    Thank you for being a rational human being.


    Gonna say it again:

    There is NO concrete evidence AGAINST Fennekin's 2nd attack in the trailer being Growl or some other non-damaging stat reducer.

    Anyone who would like to debate this fact feel free.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

  17. #3767
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Posts
    2,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STADIUM View Post
    Why some people still think Froakie uses an ice attack? C'mon, it's quite simple:
    - Fennekin uses a fire attack (flamethrower) because it is the fire type starter.
    - Chespin uses a grass type attack (solar beam) because he is the grass type starter.
    - Froakie uses an ice type atttack because he is the ice type starter? No, that just doesn't make sense. It is water gun because he is water type.

    Only fully evolved water type starters learn hydro cannon. A better guess might be hydro pump.
    (BTW, water gun is not as powerful as flamethrower or solar beam; it should have used bubble beam at least. Or is it hydrocannon?)

    As for typing, I'd like them to be grass/steel, fire/ground and water/rock, so the main starter type does x4 damage to the weaker pokémon, while the second type does normal damage. (Sadly, Frokie doesn't look like a rock type at all. But who knows how its evolutions will look like... I didn't expect tepig final evo to become a fire/fighting moblin from Zelda XD )

    What colours do you think shiny starters will have?
    Only fully evolved water type starters learn hydro cannon. A better guess might be hydro pump.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

  18. #3768
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Germany (but I'm Spanish)
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Yeah, you're right. I meant hydro pump, but I messed up the names!

  19. #3769
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EliJolesy View Post
    ^^ I would be the happiest Fennekin Lover ever if that was true. And the only one probably! Haha
    the fire/fighting type dosen't bother me that much but...... I just don't like the design at all! no matter how much I try to like it :-( It's like he/she lost his graceful look and while it's a nice drawing in terms of talent, the body parts seem to random like a powerangers megazord .
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

    .

    White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

    [IMG] [/IMG]

  20. #3770
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    Thank you for being a rational human being.


    Gonna say it again:

    There is NO concrete evidence AGAINST Fennekin's 2nd attack in the trailer being Growl or some other non-damaging stat reducer.

    Anyone who would like to debate this fact feel free.
    Of course there aren't concrete evidences that that wasn't growl. Just like there aren't any concrete evidence that that attack IS Growl.
    I mean, we're all just speculating. You can't have concrete evidence in the speculation phase!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...



    And womanizer, of course!

  21. #3771
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Does anybody think it might be a new attack, not been known yet? I think Fennekin is using one of those unknown new attacks.

  22. #3772
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Cirque du Dčcadence
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    It looks like Growl to me.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

  23. #3773
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States, East Coast
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    Of course there aren't concrete evidences that that wasn't growl. Just like there aren't any concrete evidence that that attack IS Growl.
    I mean, we're all just speculating. You can't have concrete evidence in the speculation phase!
    I didn't claim to have any.
    I was just putting it out there because plenty of folks have already claimed that there's no way it can be a non-damaging move.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

  24. #3774
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Azalea Town
    Posts
    1,435

    Default

    Do you think 2nd evolutions of the starters often give you a good idea of the final evolution? I'm asking because I want to know how much of information can I take to decide on my starter if Nintendo gives us info on the 2nd evolutions first.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

    My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

  25. #3775
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States, East Coast
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    Do you think 2nd evolutions of the starters often give you a good idea of the final evolution? I'm asking because I want to know how much of information can I take to decide on my starter if Nintendo gives us info on the 2nd evolutions first.
    Statwise, absolutely. Doubt we'll know stats that early.
    Design-wise, not really at all. Look at past 1st evos. They often look nothing like the final stage, looking instead like overgrown versions of the basic stage.

    'fraid we'll likely be going in blind. But hey, remember last gen we had images of the full evolution lines leaked really early. It's not likely to happen again, but never say never.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Page 151 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 511011411471481491501511521531541551612012511151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •