View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 204 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 5,076 to 5,100 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

wow fennekin is blowing the other starters away im going to have to pick fennekin too because i just love foxes chespin is kinda cute but i dont like froakie all that well not a big fan of frogs cant wait to see their final evolutions though maybe people will change their minds hehe but as of now fennekin will be my starter
    my white party

my favorite pokemon

My Chespin is gonna be named Chesfinn. Why? Cause he's gonna be SO MATH, ya donkus.

All because of this awesome fan-art:
    LOOK. AT. IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiptop View Post
    My Chespin is gonna be named Chesfinn. Why? Cause he's gonna be SO MATH, ya donkus.

LOL this looks like some stupid cartoon on cartoon network

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    LOL this looks like some stupid cartoon on cartoon network
    lol its from adventure time which is on cartoonetwork
    my white party

my favorite pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by tails_prower7 View Post
    lol its from adventure time which is on cartoonetwork
    Win

I'm calling my Fennekin Lady if I happen to get a female, but I traditionally call every male starter Awa, after my Jedi name, Oikawa, which I learned was my Jedi name when I was twelve years old.

My Froakie shall be named Pierre to fit in with the whole French theme of the region.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiptop View Post

LOL. Hum, if Fennekin goes Fat, hello LSP.

I'll be going with Fennekin. I always go with the fire starter. I love shooting fire and they tend to always have my favorite design. One exception being HeartGold. I'm going with Totodile for it. A giant crocodile is much cooler then a flaming ferret. If I play both games I'm not sure which starter I'll go with for the second. Both Chespin and Froakie look great. Leaning towards Chespin but I won't be able to decide until I see the evolutions. Overall I love all the starters. They really did a great job with this set. Let's hope they don't screw up the evolutions. As for their secondary types the only one I got a good guess for is Chespin. To me he kinda looks like a mole or some other kind of burrowing rodent. So a Grass/Ground combo seems like a very logical possibility for him. As much as I like the Fire/Fighting combo it's been overdone so I hope they do something else for Fennekin. The Fire/Physic combo people have been throwing around sounds kinda cool. I think Froakie would be a great candidate to receive Fighting as a secondary type instead of Fennekin. Imagine how cool a fighting frog would be. Reminds me of that old game Battletoads.

Yep I am really looking forward to seeing the evolutions because these 3 starters are my favourite since the original 3 starters.
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily101 View Post
    My Froakie shall be named Pierre to fit in with the whole French theme of the region.
    That's cute. I confess to already having a name for my Fennekin: Vixen. I'm planning a Santa's Reindeer named team. Nobody steal my idea, mmkay? *loads shotgun and looks around suspiciously* why would you want to seriously it's lame and actually probably been done before

I'd go for the French-themed naming but sadly I've already done it with my fossils: Louis is my Kabutops, Pierre is my Carracosta, and Francois is my Armaldo. And if anyone thinks I'm kidding, you're underestimating how sad I truly am

Ugh, I can't believe we might have to wait until May (or thereabouts) for more info. It already feels like the announcement was ages ago. Can't they drip-feed us just a little tidbit? A region name, a silhouette, one measly screenshot more...anything? C'mon, leaks, we need you...
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Ugh, I can't believe we might have to wait until May (or thereabouts) for more info. It already feels like the announcement was ages ago. Can't they drip-feed us just a little tidbit? A region name, a silhouette, one measly screenshot more...anything? C'mon, leaks, we need you...
    We need our fix darnit! So this is what it's like to be addicted to drugs lol We need moar! I will also go with a theme for nicknaming my team although I usually base it on what the pokemon look like so I will have to wait! Though I will likely stick to the French theme so long as the entire region is based on France. It might be just that one town is based on Paris and the rest of the region could be something totally different, though I'm pretty sure it's a French styled region.

But yep, Froakie is definitely Pierre!
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy T View Post
    ...As for their secondary types the only one I got a good guess for is Chespin. To me he kinda looks like a mole or some other kind of burrowing rodent...
    Chespin is actually a hedgehog, an insectivore, not a rodent. That said, I think Ground is a possibility for a secondary.
    Last edited by X Rat; 18th January 2013 at 2:18 PM.

I'm going to pick Fennekin as my starter

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Why May? Haven't they always released stuff in corocoro each month whenever Pokemon has a game coming out? We'll probably get something February(Before the 15 due to leaks).
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I would expect a few more screen shots showing some random pokemon (no info just the images) within the next few months. I seem to remember Reuniclus, Cofagrigus, and Gothitelle being revealed fairly early on. Again, image only.
    -sflytal

I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Why May? Haven't they always released stuff in corocoro each month whenever Pokemon has a game coming out? We'll probably get something February(Before the 15 due to leaks).
    I don't actually know, I heard a few people saying it was likely to be May before we get anything else big. If they want to release stuff monthly in Coro Coro, I have no complaints whatsoever.

But it does bring me to an interesting question - they seem to be making a big effort for this worldwide release thing, so how will this affect the distribution of news from now on? Not including leaks (obv, because they're unofficial) can we expect more global direct feeds? Maybe simultaneous website updates? I'm just wondering if the whole world will get the info all at once again, because if it does it'll render CoroCoro's news kind of useless because we'll a) already know it when it's released or b) be able to read about it elsewhere the day it comes out (again not counting leaks).

It might be just that one town is based on Paris and the rest of the region could be something totally different, though I'm pretty sure it's a French styled region.
    I wouldn't mind if they based the entire region on Paris (I want a battle Eiffel Tower!) however I've heard some speculating that it might be an all-encompassing Europe-based region, with some French bits, some English bits and some Germanic bits. I gotta confess that does sound pretty cool too.

Your Froakie sounds adorable already <3
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

I kind of have to go with Fennekin. I have never not chosen the fire starter the first time. That being said in none of my playthroughs of the B/W/B2/W2 have I kept a starter all the way through to the Elite 4. Never... Usually I drop them for one of a like type asap.
    -sflytal

I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

Quote Originally Posted by sflytal View Post
    I kind of have to go with Fennekin. I have never not chosen the fire starter the first time. That being said in none of my playthroughs of the B/W/B2/W2 have I kept a starter all the way through to the Elite 4. Never... Usually I drop them for one of a like type asap.
    This is interesting. I usually keep them all the game. Even in the last team I have a spot for the starter.
    Except for Pikachu in Yellow. >_>

I usually do too! Snivy and Oshawott and their evolutions just didn't seem interesting to me, nor did their move pools. And Emboar... well i just didn't like him either. There were others that seemed more interesting/fun to train and battle with. I felt that way from the first time I saw their pics before release. Not the same here. All three look fun. I say good job so far GF
    -sflytal

If I play as the boy: Chespin

If I play as the girl: Fennekin

When I'm stoned: Froakie
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN KING View Post
    If I play as the boy: Chespin

If I play as the girl: Fennekin

When I'm stoned: Froakie
    I died when I read this. I'm vice versa with Fennekin and Chespin though.

Bahahaha! This!
    -sflytal

Quote Originally Posted by sflytal View Post
    Usually I drop them for one of a like type asap.
    I tend to drop them as well, unless the starter have a nice secondary type or a VERY good design. If not, I consider it as a waste of a slot :T

That is why I am hoping for secondary types for Gen VI's starters or at least pretty good designs... Like Kanto and Sinnoh starters had.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily101 View Post
    I'm gonna name one of my Pokemon Matt Bellamy.
    Same reason.
    Not my Fennekin, though. That's for mah gf. xD
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

Hoenn had some of my favorite starters actually. I hated Treecko at first but then i realized the Sceptile is a speedy beast... and Blaziken will always have a special place in my heart. Also, I hear I like mudkips... O_o Yeah I like all three. Gen V was the first time I couldn't stand any of them at all.
    -sflytal

Page 204 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast