View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 207 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MonfernoFreak View Post
    Yeah. I don't see why Sinnoh has so many haters though, I mean it was the best region for new Pokemon (mostly, althoughed the lack of Fire-Types and Dragon-Types really pissed me off) regarding new Pokemon and evolutions like Gallade, Rhyperior, Electivire etc. It was the best for the anime imo (Dawn lover right here) and probably where Ash had his coolest team (It would've been better if Gible evolved :L).
    But although there are some faults with Sinnoh, it is still where I began my Pokemon Journey and will always have a special place in my heart.
    Its really nice to see a substantial amount of people who started with Sinnoh in Serebii. That will increase the popularity of Sinnoh a lot !

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    Yeah...Take that...

Sorry, couldn't resist. And stop being mad at me because I don't like Gen II. xP

Yeah. I don't see why Sinnoh has so many haters though, I mean it was the best region for new Pokemon (mostly, althoughed the lack of Fire-Types and Dragon-Types really pissed me off) regarding new Pokemon and evolutions like Gallade, Rhyperior, Electivire etc. It was the best for the anime imo (Dawn lover right here) and probably where Ash had his coolest team (It would've been better if Gible evolved :L).
    But although there are some faults with Sinnoh, it is still where I began my Pokemon Journey and will always have a special place in my heart.
    Well, since I am more of a Flying- and Fighting-type lover, Sinnoh fulfilled my tastes. It had Staraptor, Honchkrow, Yanmega, Togekiss, Infernape, Gallade, Toxicroak, Lucario, etc. Unfortunately it lacked on the Ghost- and Dark-type department. I also loved most of the evolutions for the old Pokémon, except maybe Lickylicky and Magmortar. And I agree, the Sinnoh anime was certainly the best. Satoshi (Ash) was pretty badass in that season and his team was awesome, except Torterra who was a pro at losing battles. LoL.

Gen II sucked. It was the worst Gen no matter what anybody says. Now, Gen IV is a very different story...
    I liked Gen 2...

Going with froakie on my first playthrough, it looks to be speedy which is my type of style.

Lol. Serebii needs the like button.

Personally, I like Charizard way better than Charmeleon, but that's just my opinion. Charizard probably my second or third fire starter. After Monferno and Infernape of course.

I like your tastes too (Sinnoh FTW!). I'm not a big fan of Samurott, and I agree about the whole thing before when you said he should be standing on two feet. Then he would be boss, like Dewott.
    I thought Samurott could stand on its' hind legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    I liked Gen 2...

Going with froakie on my first playthrough, it looks to be speedy which is my type of style.
    I agree with both statements. Don't know how much of a factor nostalgia plays in that though. Probably a little.

Regarding favourite types, my favourite type doesn't match my first starter in a game, but it does match the first starter I've ever seen and my favourite starter, Squirtle.
    Last edited by Squirtortoise; 18th January 2013 at 9:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtortoise View Post
    I agree with both statements. Don't know how much of a factor nostalgia plays in that though. Probably a little.
    I didn't play Gen 2 the first time, and I liked it. Some people just have different tastes in regions.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist. And stop being mad at me because I don't like Gen II. xP

Well, since I am more of a Flying- and Fighting-type lover, Sinnoh fulfilled my tastes. It had Staraptor, Honchkrow, Yanmega, Togekiss, Infernape, Gallade, Toxicroak, Lucario, etc. Unfortunately it lacked on the Ghost- and Dark-type department. I also loved most of the evolutions for the old Pokémon, except maybe Lickylicky and Magmortar. And I agree, the Sinnoh anime was certainly the best. Satoshi (Ash) was pretty badass in that season and his team was awesome, except Torterra who was a pro at losing battles. LoL.
    Flying-Types are tied for second with Water after Fire-Types for me. I love Flying-Types! Staraptor and Honchkrow are my favourite ones to date, and since they were both in Gen IV it just made me prouder. And you'd think that Torterra's a powerhouse right? It annoyed me how he'd always lose battles! I'd be like yelling at my T.V annoyed with Ash.
    Lickilicki and Magmorter were by far the worst new evos, but I loved the rest of them. Especially Leafeon, Mamoswine (don't ask me why), Honchkrow, Yanmega, Togekiss and Gallade.
    It's like your stalking me. You like almost all of the Pokemon I like...
    Last edited by MonfernoFreak; 18th January 2013 at 9:31 PM.
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

Check me out on FanFiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3016020/MonfernoFreak

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I didn't play Gen 2 the first time, and I liked it. Some people just have different tastes in regions.
    I meant specifically for myself, but you're right.

flying types and dark types are my favorite and in the last 2 gens ground has become one of my favorites, but i think gen 5 didnt have enought good flying types the only one id always wanna use was braviary.

I replied to your post in your VM box, since it was getting kinda off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    True, unfortunately people don't respect Sinnoh lovers...
    Btw, I played it back in the time it was released and I hardly enjoyed. HGSS were decent, though, maybe because I was able to use Sinnoh Pokémon in the game. LoL

So glad that Froakie is making a comeback; it really is the second best Gen 6 Starter in my opinion, but I'm still waiting for its evolved forms to impress me, because right now I'm not too sure that they'll look cool. Fennekin's lucky though. She has that wow factor that everyone loves, so who cares what she'll evolve into? She's already gorgeous.

Btw, I played it back in the time it was released and I hardly enjoyed. HGSS were decent, though, maybe because I was able to use Sinnoh Pokémon in the game. LoL
    I respect lovers of any region xD

I replied to your post in your VM box, since it was getting kinda off-topic.
    Kk

HGSS was pretty good for me, I have replayed it a lot of times it's just that the Johto Pokemon aren't my favourite, and the region really just isn't that great imo. My favourite part by FAR was the Pokemon walking with you. I miss my Staraptor walking with me
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

Check me out on FanFiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3016020/MonfernoFreak

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

I didn't know there were so many of us Sinnoh lovers.

The main thing that annoyed me about the starters is that Chespin isn't a reptile grass starters always be reptiles. I'm a scalie and we haven't got a single reptile.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtortoise View Post
    I respect lovers of any region xD
    Lets say you are the exception that proves the rule.

HGSS was pretty good for me, I have replayed it a lot of times it's just that the Johto Pokemon aren't my favourite, and the region really just isn't that great imo. My favourite part by FAR was the Pokemon walking with you. I miss my Staraptor walking with me
    Johto as a region isn't bad, it is actually one of the more interesting regions as far as visuals are concerned. The problem is that there isn't much to do there, the levels and Pokémon distribution are awful and personally I don't find most of the Johto Pokémon interesting, but this is quite personal. Also, you could visit Kanto, but you had basically nothing to do there. -.- HGSS fixed some of these problems (except the level and Pokémon distribution issue), so it was a bit more enjoyable. The walking Pokémon feature was great. Will you ever have it again in another Pokémon game? I honestly don't think so. :/

Quote Originally Posted by blackarcanine123 View Post
    The main thing that annoyed me about the starters is that Chespin isn't a reptile grass starters always be reptiles. I'm a scalie and we haven't got a single reptile.
    I think it may evolve to something reptile-like, mainly because of its tail. I never seen a mammal with a tail like that, so I think Chespin isn't 100% based on a hedgehog/porcupine.

i think unova was my fave region loved black/white
    my white party

my favorite pokemon

There's something about froakie that I love so much, I just hope they don't go over board with complex evolutions like gen 3 did, I prefer the simplistic designs like in gens one and two. Blaziken was just too much for me, and gen IV starters were the worst imo and gen five I don't even know, snivy had so much potential but they just gave it the first idea they drew I feel, emboar is too over designed for me but samurott on the other hand is great I feel.

About sinnoh, I liked the Pokemon I thought they were great and it is my 3rd favourite region. However I prefer jhoto, it's just personally the best.

Jhoto > Kanto > Sinnoh > Unova > Hoenn
    For everyone who likes stories you can read my first ever fan-fic here!

]

Quote Originally Posted by sflytal View Post
    Question: how many people's favorite type matches or at least comes close to their very first starter?
    I guess I'll chime in. I chose bulbasaur (back when pokemon first came out) because I read the game manual, and it said that choosing bulbasaur would allow trainers to have an easier time throughout the game. I then saw Charizard as I played throughout the game, and as I bought the other game version (to be able to trade with myself--no one lived close by that liked pokemon), I used Charizard. I have to say that fire types are one of my favorite types (besides fighting and dragon, hence why I love Infernape so much).

I'll comment on the generations as well since I have been around since the very beginning and have played every one of them.

There isn't much to say about Gen 1, it was the beginning of a classic.

Gen 2, I remember the gameplay was just so awesome, and it's still one of my favorite gens if not my favorite in terms of gameplay. I agree with every one that the pokemon weren't that great in that gen, besides some of the starters, but even with them their move pools aren't great. I chose cynadquil, not wanting to make the mistake I made last gen. I loved Totodile too. I've played with all the starters, as I've continued the tradition of buying each version of the generations (and I still do so today).

Gen 3, I continued with the fire starter, and then I saw how cool the other two were, so I used them all. Blaziken was my favorite of the 3, although I loved all 3 starters. Hoenn felt like such a different game though compared to the others.

Gen 4, I started playing in the middle of it (as I was in college, got out of pokemon, and one day just saw a commercial for the game and I wanted to relive my childhood a bit). I started with Chimchar, and he's been my favorite since. I just love Infernape. I have to say that I liked all the starters from the 4th gen...and I remember people complaining about the 4th gen (still do), and I was like...what? These new pokemon are nice! And I've been around since te beginning. Also love Lucario...one of my favs.

I decided that ill never be too old to play pokemon (in my mid 20s) and after the 4th gen, I got back into pokemon. I started becoming a regular of serebii (always one of my webpages on my iPhone) and I was there for the very start of it. I remember the reveal, and I loved Snivy (still do, my fav 5th gen BASE form starter). I liked the others, but during the reveal of the evos, I decided Oshawott was my fav ( I love dewott). Gen 5 has some awesome pokemon, and honestly, in my opinion the pokemon keep getting better and better!

Back to the gen 6 starters: As of right now, Fennekin is my favorite (yes, fire once again), but I like all of them. I just can't wait to see the final evos.
    3DS FC: 0018-1175-8454 - IGN: Chris
    Ice safari: spheal, sneasel, and lapras

I've been playing pokemon since the days of Red and Blue. I guess that makes me "old." But I am by no means a "genwunner" in the way the term is used around here. Some of my fav pokemon are gen 4-6 ones.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Gen-Trade-Shop
    ^^My SHINY trade shop! - Over 700 Kalos Bred SHINIES!^^

And here is a link to my list:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

For me, my favorite gens were like this:

Hoenn > Unova > Jhoto > Kanto > Sinnoh

I'm not sure how gen 6. will rank. It depends on the storyline, pokemon and music.
    Pokemon Y Current Team

I do have a tendency towards the grass starters, but there have been some exceptions. I've chosen Torchic, Piplup, and Cyndaquil before and thoroughly enjoyed them. I would have chose Fennekin, but I feel like Chespin will be more valuable trade wise, plus it's based off of hedgehogs, which I love. He is starting to grow on me after all.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

While Sinnoh wasn't my favorite, I still had a lot of fun playing through it. The region's very interesting and colorful, I loved the Galactic storyline and I like some of the gym leaders and the Champion. However, I did feel some of its flaws did get to me so I didn't get as into it as much as I wanted to.

For starters, I tend to vary. First gen I chose Charmander, second I played with all three before settling on Totodile, third was Torchic and Treecko, fourth was Turtwig and Chimchar and fifth was Oshawott.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 18th January 2013 at 10:58 PM.

really can't wait to meet my froakie!
    Got my 3ds today and October can't come soon enough

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

As October approaches im trying to focus on other games so the news will hopefully seem like its coming quicker specifically the starters.
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

Froakie will be my choice.

And I think he'll go Water/Flying. Look at his back. Looks like a giant cloud....

I like Fennek too. If its evolution is awesome, my mind might change. I think it will be Fire/Psychic.

And Chespin is OK.. prolly won't pick unless he goes fighting. I think he'll be Grass/Ground, but maybe Grass/Rock if we are lucky.

If I'm sinking and laughing at something sunken in, I am.
    5214 - 9758 - 4705
    Pokemon Breeder's Club
    Playing Pokemon Y. Collection Vivillons. PM to trade patterns.

I just noticed, if I pick Chespin, it will be a pattern

Gen 1: Charmander, Gen 2: Cyndaquil, Gen 3: Mudkip, Gen 4: Piplup, Gen 5: Snivy, and Gen 6: Chespin

I like where this is going.
    Pokemon Y Current Team

Page 207 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast