View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 247 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,175 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Wynaut!

I. Squirtle
    II. Totodile
    III. Treeko
    IV. Piplup
    V. Oshawott
    VI. Chespin or Froakie

I'm torn between Chespin and Froakie. And yes, I've never used a fire starter (for my main game of each gen).

Spoiler:- mega wishlist:

I have claimed Empoleon, Super Mario Galaxy, and Rosalina!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!
    Pokégyms:

Hehe... I think its pretty obvious that Froakie is gonna learn bubble, bubblebeam instead of water gun this gen. We should wonder their move sets... Like will Froakie get Pound to symbolize it probably becoming fighting or it'll just stay with tackle...heck even lick. miju x3

i for one hope they will have new moves this gen instead of water gun,ember and absorb.
    3ds friend code:1091-7776-4833

XBOX GAMERTAG: PIZZA NINJA831 [DONT ASK BOUT THE NAME]

I WATCH A TON OF ANIME,SO I GUESS YOU CAN SAY MY DREAM NO AMBITION WAS INFLUENCED BY IT ALOT HAHAHA.

CHANGING THE WORLD ONE STEP AT A TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijuwott View Post
    Hehe... I think its pretty obvious that Froakie is gonna learn bubble, bubblebeam instead of water gun this gen. We should wonder their move sets... Like will Froakie get Pound to symbolize it probably becoming fighting or it'll just stay with tackle...heck even lick. miju x3
    I probably see Tackle for Froakie. Only two starter Pokemon have ever learned Pound as their first move, and that was Treecko and Piplup. The rest knew Tackle or Scratch.

I see them (this Generation) all having tackle, to be honest.

The 6 gen Pokemon i will choose is to wait to see what the gyms are. If the first gym is grass, bug, ice, steel, flying or normal type, I will pick Fennekin. I will pick Foarkie if is ground or rock type gym.

I- Bulbasaur
    II- Chikorita
    III- Torchic (but I did not really like any of the starters, I use Poochyena as my starter)
    IV- None really... (I used Shinx as my starter)
    V- Oshawott (but I used Purrloin as my starter)
    VI- Chespin

And with this new Gen, at last I can go back to using starters, as well, starters! lol

Back home! TO HOENN!

Poochyena is claimed by me!
        Spoiler:- Who made what:

I'll show my past starter list too, why not?

Gen I Squirtle, I had blue so I always tought I had to pick Squirtle, but I like him the most anyway
    Gen II Totodile, I love Crocodiles, and Feraligatr catched my eye
    Gen III Treecko, my top favorite Pokemon of all, Include Sceptile ofcourse
    Gen IV Piplup, Pinquin's are cute! and I love Water pokemon
    Gen V Tepig, My only fire typ favorite, I love piggy's and I was in joy when I first saw Tepig's silhouette

for gen.VI I go for Chespin, I love it..its really cute too!
    I hope Chespin will become really awesome.
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Everyone's talking about their favorite starters... Uh... The peer pressure's getting to me...

Gen I=Charmander
    Gen II=Totodile
    Gen III=Treecko
    Gen IV=Chimchar
    Gen V=Oshawott
    Gen VI=the Almighty Divine Queen Empress Fennekin :3
    All your Kirby are belong to us! (>' . ')> (>' . ')>(>' . ')> (b^-^)b

I am proud to present my first wild shiny since the 3rd Generation, Magikarp!
    ...We all got to start somewhere, right?

FC: 0602-6317-4560
    Friend Safari: Electric-Pachirisu, Stunfisk, Manectric
    Add me if you want to, I'll add most anyone. Just shoot me a PM if you do.

Wow, at the time of writing this Froakie and Chespin are tied, neck and neck.

I really didn't expect this - I thought for sure Froakie would get more hate. The minute the starters were revealed all I heard across multiple forums was 'ew, wtf is that frog thing?'. I'm glad he's not getting hate...I'm just surprised, that's all. I figured Chespin would be way more popular ^__^;
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Holy shiz, Chespin and Froakie are tied in the poll again. It's like a never ending race between them. I wonder who the winner will be. *Goes to recruit more Froakie lovers*

And omg, my sister is driving me crazy. First she bashed Fennekin for looking too much like Vulpix and she claimed she preferred Froakie, and now when I'm finally getting to like Froakie almost as much as Fennekin, she's saying that Fennekin is the better Pokemon and Froakie is an ugly mess. She's such a troll. I just hope she eventually comes to like Chespin more so she can choose it in her game and trade me one of its offspring for my Pokedex.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijuwott View Post
    Froakie(If Final Evo is Water/Fighting) possible moves:
    Bubble/Water Gun(trailer?)
    Tackle
    Acrobatics
    Hydro Pump
    Bubblebeam
    Aura Sphere(?)
    Force Palm
    Aqua Tail(If it gets a tail)
    Close Combat
    Hyper Voice(CROOOOOAK!)
    Work Up

Fennekin(if Fire/Psychic) possible moves:
    Ember
    Tackle
    Psybeam
    Flame Burst
    Flame Thrower
    Psychic
    Power Gem/Signal Beam(if it's kinda like Espeon and has a gem)
    Zen Headbutt
    Flame Charge
    Calm Mind

Chespin(if Grass/Dark) possible moves:
    Absorb/Razor Leaf
    Tackle
    Bite
    Hyper Fang
    Leaf Blade/Needle Arm
    Night Slash
    Crunch
    Solarbeam
    Iron Defense

Didn't put many status moves because I don't really care about them.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Lol the frog and wood otters are still tied.

I. Charmander
    II. Cyndaquil
    III. Torchic
    IV. Piplup
    V. Tepig

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Lol the frog and wood otters are still tied.
    What is pretty odd in my opinion? The frog is so badas* . Can't wait to play the game with him-her.

I'm surprised by Fennekin's huge popularity. It is cute but doesn't work for me at all.

I just hope the fox stays pure fire or doesn't get fighting as a 2nd type.
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    What is pretty odd in my opinion? The frog is so badas* . Can't wait to play the game with him-her.

I'm surprised by Fennekin's huge popularity. It is cute but doesn't work for me at all.

I just hope the fox stays pure fire or doesn't get fighting as a 2nd type.
    Honestly, I'm hoping they give fennekin a psychic typing (foxes are the basis of myths for several societies), chespin a steel typing (or not, just thinking maybe since the name suggests a knight), and froakie...anything that has to do with wizards, Ben Franklin, or whatever he's based off of xD

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    SmeargleRock's Trade Shop
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

Anatidaephobia; it's a real thing. Trust me, I know.

1. charmander
    2. Cyndaquil
    3. Torchic
    4. Chimchar
    5. Oshawott
    6. Chespin

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Wow, at the time of writing this Froakie and Chespin are tied, neck and neck.

I really didn't expect this - I thought for sure Froakie would get more hate. The minute the starters were revealed all I heard across multiple forums was 'ew, wtf is that frog thing?'. I'm glad he's not getting hate...I'm just surprised, that's all. I figured Chespin would be way more popular ^__^;
    Early haters are always there.
    It's the kind of people who needs approval of the rest, so they just bash anything because it's always the first impression nostalgia hipsters have.

:/

I know you guys like it, but why don't we stop this "six generations starters favorites" and go back to 6th generation starters speculation, like the topic clearly states?

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Froakie(If Final Evo is Water/Fighting) possible moves:
    Acrobatics
    If it learns this move it will be the first usable Water Pokemon to learn that move. I mean, Panpour and Mantine are nice but...

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDreamer View Post
    I...can't see Chespin learning absorb. But maybe that's just me.

I'd like to see them learn their uuber moves really early. Like, before they evolve at all. Chespin learns leave blade at level 13, Fennekin gets flamethrower at 12, and the Surf HM is gained before the second gym. Just because it would make people go "What is this, I don't even..."

Never happen, but it would be both cool and hilarious.

Then when they get to their later levels and evolved forms, they get vine whip, water gun, and ember at levels 52, 55, and 57 respectfully.

But then, if you stick it out till the 70s, they get their signature moves, which are the REAL great moves that you never expected. Pyro Flare, Fire, 100 BP, 15% chance burn and 15% chance paralysis, 100 Acc. Oak Sword, Grass 80 BP, priority, 100 Acc. And Eerie Fog (I'm still going with the Water/Ghost Wizard Frog idea), Water, 100 BP, 30% chance paralysis.
    *clicks caps lock on*

NO ****ING STARTER SIGNATUERE MOVESES!!!111!!1!!!11!!!!!

*caps lock off*

those are way too op.

EDIT: oooooohh,, asteriks look reeeeeal nice when enlargened a lot. *thumbs up*
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by pacack825 View Post
    Honestly, I'm hoping they give fennekin a psychic typing (foxes are the basis of myths for several societies)
    Likely. By the looks it, we could have another kitsune type of pokemon greatly similar to Ninetales.

chespin a steel typing (or not, just thinking maybe since the name suggests a knight)
    FYI, Chespin is possibly the combination of the words chestnut and pin which could be shorthand for pine. In no way is it based off on Medieval folklore.

and froakie...anything that has to do with wizards, Ben Franklin, or whatever he's based off of xD
    Froakie's solely based off of a frog.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Quote Originally Posted by Specter Vyle View Post
    FYI, Chespin is possibly the combination of the words chestnut and pin which could be shorthand for pine. In no way is it based off on Medieval folklore.
    You obviously did not see my name origin post...

"I have a possible name origin for chespin. The french word "chevalier" is a word that referred to a knight, in particular, one that was on horseback. However, this word was commonly used to refer to any kind of knight in time. Then, the french word "pin" can refer to either a pin (same word in English and French) or a pine tree/needle. I just noticed the "che" in chevalier while researching, and thought I might look from there. "che" also refers to chestnuts in all translations, but think about the double meaning we have in the name with these meanings! "che" can refer to the beginning of the french word for knight or for the beginning of the word chestnut (or the beginning of chest-piece if you think about it), while the "pin" part can refer to a pin (aka needle) or pine...(or pine needle) maybe that's the point! I wouldn't be surprised if the grass on chespin's head is a helmet and he becomes more knight-like as he evolves. Thoughts?

EDIT: Also, Puerco espín means porcupine (lol, porcu'pine') in Spanish, and espin itself means thorn! And pinuti was a Filipino farming tool that was used as a sword. I'm seeing a pattern."

Have fun.

Also, there is no way to know what exactly Froakie is based off of until we see his evolutions. He may be based off of a wizard, a king, or even Benjamin Franklin, for Pete's sake.
    Last edited by pacack825; 25th January 2013 at 10:58 PM. Reason: edit

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

"I have a possible name origin for chespin. The french word "chevalier" is a word that referred to a knight, in particular, one that was on horseback. However, this word was commonly used to refer to any kind of knight in time. Then, the french word "pin" can refer to either a pin (same word in English and French) or a pine tree/needle. I just noticed the "che" in chevalier while researching, and thought I might look from there. "che" also refers to chestnuts in all translations, but think about the double meaning we have in the name with these meanings! "che" can refer to the beginning of the french word for knight or for the beginning of the word chestnut (or the beginning of chest-piece if you think about it), while the "pin" part can refer to a pin (aka needle) or pine...(or pine needle) maybe that's the point! I wouldn't be surprised if the grass on chespin's head is a helmet and he becomes more knight-like as he evolves. Thoughts?

EDIT: Also, Puerco espín means porcupine (lol, porcu'pine') in Spanish, and espin itself means thorn! And pinuti was a Filipino farming tool that was used as a sword. I'm seeing a pattern."

Have fun.

Also, there is no way to know what exactly Froakie is based off of until we see his evolutions. He may be based off of a wizard, a king, or even Benjamin Franklin, for Pete's sake.
    If the "Che" of chespin comes from french chevalier, why did French call him Marisson and not Cherisson then?
    Marron (chestnuts)
    Herisson (hedgehog/porcupine)
    Marisson/Chespin
    Last edited by john90; 25th January 2013 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    Il the "Che" of chespin comes from french chevalier, why did French call him Marisson and not Cherisson then?
    Marron (chestnuts)
    Herisson (hedgehog/porcupine)
    Marisson/Chespin
    That's the main point raised in counter to this, but there's the possibility of the English name simply having more meanings to it than the French name.

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth

Should we not be using the Japanese name to find out what he is based on, since that was most likely the original name?

"Harimaron is a combination of 蝟 harinezumi (hedgehog), 針 hari (needle), and marron (French for chestnut)." From bulbapedia.

Back home! TO HOENN!

Poochyena is claimed by me!
        Spoiler:- Who made what:

"I have a possible name origin for chespin. The french word "chevalier" is a word that referred to a knight, in particular, one that was on horseback. However, this word was commonly used to refer to any kind of knight in time.
    Chevelier: Class of memberships from the French/Belgien order in chivalry. Credible, but there's a slim chance that helmet Chespin sports could be any similar to a knight's helmet.

Then, the french word "pin" can refer to either a pin (same word in English and French) or a pine tree/needle. I just noticed the "che" in chevalier while researching, and thought I might look from there. "che" also refers to chestnuts in all translations, but think about the double meaning we have in the name with these meanings! "che" can refer to the beginning of the french word for knight or for the beginning of the word chestnut (or the beginning of chest-piece if you think about it), while the "pin" part can refer to a pin (aka needle) or pine...(or pine needle) maybe that's the point!
    Like I said...

Also, Puerco espín means porcupine (lol, porcu'pine') in Spanish, and espin itself means thorn! And pinuti was a Filipino farming tool that was used as a sword. I'm seeing a pattern."
    And the Japanese name for Chespin is a combination of harinezumi (hedgehog) and marron (Chestnut). I don't see how these spanish translations have anything to do with the agruement. Better yet what they have to do with the names at all, since we already now Chespin is shared as a Spanish name along with English and Italien names of the pokemon.

I don't see how Ben Franklin is related to Froakie in any way. However, a wizard or a king could possibly be the attributes Froakie gains with his design when he levels up.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Page 247 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347 ... LastLast