View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 248 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298348 ... LastLast
Results 6,176 to 6,200 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Haji View Post
    Should we not be using the Japanese name to find out what he is based on, since that was most likely the original name?

"Harimaron is a combination of 蝟 harinezumi (hedgehog), 針 hari (needle), and marron (French for chestnut)." From bulbapedia.
    I may have found a link to Harimaron and armor. ヘルメット (Herumetto) Means "helmet" or "headpiece", could be a double meaning as it sounds similar, or it could be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Specter Vyle View Post
    And the Japanese name for Chespin is a combination of harinezumi (hedgehog) and marron (Chestnut). I don't see how these spanish translations have anything to do with the agruement. Better yet what they have to do with the names at all, since we already now Chespin is shared as a Spanish name along with English and Italien names of the pokemon.
    Look at my last reply, please. I accept the fact that this could be entirely wrong, but that doesn't mean that it's not possible.
    (Also, if Spanish words mean nothing in English names, explain ArticUNO, ZapDOS, and MolTRES...)
    I don't see how Ben Franklin is related to Froakie in any way. However, a wizard or a king could possibly be the attributes Froakie gains with his design when he levels up.
    The spectacles and hair look a bit like Ben Franklin, that's all I'm saying there. I honestly think a wizard or king makes more sense.

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    SmeargleRock's Trade Shop
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

Anatidaephobia; it's a real thing. Trust me, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by pacack825 View Post
    Look at my last reply, please. I accept the fact that this could be entirely wrong, but that doesn't mean that it's not possible.
    (Also, if Spanish words mean nothing in English names, explain ArticUNO, ZapDOS, and MolTRES...)
    Never said spanish names meant nothing to the game. But have it your way.

The spectacles and hair look a bit like Ben Franklin, that's all I'm saying there.
    I wasn't trying to put you down for the Ben Franklin reference, I just thought it was unlikely. But anyway, the king is a possibilty in design, as the loose end attached to the back of it's neck could turn out to be a cape, and the small white spots that's supposedly located on it's nose could be facial hair.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Quote Originally Posted by Specter Vyle View Post
    Never said spanish names meant nothing to the game. But have it your way.

I wasn't trying to put you down for the Ben Franklin reference, I just thought it was unlikely. But anyway, the king is a possibilty in design, as the loose end attached to the back of it's neck could turn out to be a cape, and the small white spots that's supposedly located on it's nose could be facial hair.
    I did not mean to sound harsh there lol, just used caps to highlight. I do get that it's unlikely if nothing else, but it's something to go on.

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

No one cares, but

Gen 1- Charmander
    Gen 2- Totodile/Cyndaquil (I can never decide)
    Gen 3- Torchic
    Gen 4- Chimchar (I don't really like any of them though)
    Gen 5- Tepig
    Gen 6- Chespin
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

My favorites starters by generation are:
    Squirtle
    Chikorita and Cyndaquil are tied for first and I don't like Totodile only because I couldn't stand the sight of the original gsc Croconaw sprite
    Torchic because of her appearance in the anime but Mudkip is a fairly close second
    Piplup and Turtwig but I suppose Piplup is ever so slightly further up than Turtwig
    Oshawatt

I think that Fenneken just might be a dual dark type. If you look at his eyes and the corner of his mouth, he seems to be smirking or something. The expression on his face reminds me of the expression on Zorua's face. I can't come up with the right word in english and google translate isn't helping very much. In french it's "Espičgle" and the best thing from google would be rascal.

I like this for a 2nd stage.

Back home! TO HOENN!

Poochyena is claimed by me!
        Spoiler:- Who made what:

As of this post, Froakie and Chespin are EXACTLY tied in the poll at 285 votes each.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightJewel View Post
    I think that Fenneken just might be a dual dark type. If you look at his eyes and the corner of his mouth, he seems to be smirking or something. The expression on his face reminds me of the expression on Zorua's face. I can't come up with the right word in english and google translate isn't helping very much. In french it's "Espičgle" and the best thing from google would be rascal.
    Yeah, rascal's a noun. We could call Fennekin "rascally" or "wascally" as in "wascally wabbit".
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    As of this post, Froakie and Chespin are EXACTLY tied in the poll at 285 votes each.

Yeah, rascal's a noun. We could call Fennekin "rascally" or "wascally" as in "wascally wabbit".
    Yeah, I am fluent in English and that's what came to mind but it doesn't completely fit the full meaning of the word so I included the french one as well.
    Last edited by MidnightJewel; 26th January 2013 at 3:23 AM.

chespins my fav of these new 3 i just love him and i would adore it if that was his second stage.
    Looking for a HA corphish/crawdaunt or someone with them in their fiend safari pm me
    3DS friend code 3368-1262-6860
    http://cheezburger.com/7669290496

Name: Blake
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Haji View Post

I like this for a 2nd stage.
    Looks more like a fusion between a possible middle stage and final evo. Other than that, I'd like this art to be similar to GF's art of Chespin's final evo because of its aesthetics.
    Looking for:
    - 5-6 IV Beldum Family Member (Non-English)
    - HA Fletchling Family Member
    - Drifloon Family Member (Non-English)

GEN I: Bulbasaur, one of my favourite Pokemon ever. Squirtle comes oh so close too, so that definitely means something.
    GEN II: Cyndaquil. I don't like these starters much.
    GEN III: Mudkip. Probably the best starter trio overall, evolutions included.
    GEN IV: Tough to say. Piplup, I guess, because Empoleon is kind of the only one I like, but the anime through me off of Piplup.
    GEN V: Oshawott.
    GEN VI: Still tough to say, but probably Froakie for the design.

Water > All

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I gotta say, I really love Chespin's color scheme. That red-orange compliments the lime green well.
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Most likely just like how they have in the past. Expect info around the middle of the month until release.
    Thanks, I guess we just have to be patient.

Chespin is definitely my least favorite out of the three. I like Froakie and Fennekin a lot though. Anyway, lots of people are speculating different type combinations for their evolved forms than me. I think Chespin definitely looks like it will be Grass and Ground type, but I can understand Dark. But just look at its claws and its brown fur, seems like some sort of forest mole thing. Then again, you can never really tell. For all we know, they might give the final form giant wings. But it's still fun to try and guess. As for Froakie, I thought Water and Psychic at first glance. I don't really know why, but there's something Psychic about it. But if you look at all those white bubble things all over its body, I can actually see it being Ice Type. I think that will be cool:an ice frog. As for Fennekin, I can't really see another type that could go along with it(even though I don't know what the evolutions will look like). It just looks like it might stay a pure Fire type, which would still be better than another Fire and Fighting type. Anyway, I like these starters more than the Black and White ones, X and Y look awesome!

Yea, we'll likely get the next bit o' news in 2-3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by pop-tart View Post
    Chespin is definitely my least favorite out of the three. I like Froakie and Fennekin a lot though. Anyway, lots of people are speculating different type combinations for their evolved forms than me. I think Chespin definitely looks like it will be Grass and Ground type, but I can understand Dark. But just look at its claws and its brown fur, seems like some sort of forest mole thing. Then again, you can never really tell. For all we know, they might give the final form giant wings. But it's still fun to try and guess. As for Froakie, I thought Water and Psychic at first glance. I don't really know why, but there's something Psychic about it. But if you look at all those white bubble things all over its body, I can actually see it being Ice Type. I think that will be cool:an ice frog. As for Fennekin, I can't really see another type that could go along with it(even though I don't know what the evolutions will look like). It just looks like it might stay a pure Fire type, which would still be better than another Fire and Fighting type. Anyway, I like these starters more than the Black and White ones, X and Y look awesome!
    Man, glad to see you're making logical connections to the base designs and possible dual-typing.
    I agree with your points on Chespin, there's absolutely nothing about it that screams "Dark-type", but it has Ground/Rock written all over it.
    Last edited by YellowHat's Revenge; 26th January 2013 at 5:29 AM.
    Hat by wolfy.

I am now visualizing FENNEKIN's final evolve form, it seems like a big fiery dog with arcanine-like features. If it becomes bipedal then it must resemble Zoroark.
    don't complain about its big head, the head-body proportion is probably just to emphasize its "baby/chibi" features. wait til it evolves, you'll see a bad-*** insanity wolf burning machine.
    and i hope fennekin specializes in special attacks just like ninetails.
    My Pokemon Team (soulsilver)

Quote Originally Posted by SSPt17 View Post
    I am now visualizing FENNEKIN's final evolve form, it seems like a big fiery dog with arcanine-like features. If it becomes bipedal then it must resemble Zoroark.
    don't complain about its big head, the head-body proportion is probably just to emphasize its "baby/chibi" features. wait til it evolves, you'll see a bad-*** insanity wolf burning machine.
    and i hope fennekin specializes in special attacks just like ninetails.
    I hope it's stats are better than Ninetales'.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I hope it's stats are better than Ninetales'.
    Well, it is a Starter Pokemon, so it's kind of expected. But, it will be lacking in something though.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Well, it is a Starter Pokemon, so it's kind of expected. But, it will be lacking in something though.
    That's not always the case with starter Pokemon though.

Man Chespin and Froakie are fighting over 2nd place like crazy.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

That's not always the case with starter Pokemon though.
    I meant having a high stat but lacking in another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I meant having a high stat but lacking in another one.
    Yeah, you are right. As long as it (Fennekin) has a pretty decent Sp.Attack stat I will be happy.

Yeah, you are right. As long as it (Fennekin) has a pretty decent Sp.Attack stat I will be happy.
    I must be the only one hoping for a strongly Sp. Def. based fennekin...Sp. Att. is nice and all, but we could use a nice defensive fire type starter, imho.

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth

You're not the only one. I'm hoping for that as well.

Page 248 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298348 ... LastLast