View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 256 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306356 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,400 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    And the trailer says "not final product" meaning that could change before release.
    for in game footage not move animations
    JUST BECAUSE PICHU IS EPIC just because

Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/chespingaming

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    If you looked at Piplup and Tepig just in their current forms, would you really have guessed that they would be the typings they would become?
    i knew piplup would be part steel you could see it in its fins/ wings

It does in my opinion. You can't just have a pokemon look entirely different than what its type is. No, but everyone thinks a different way.
    You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become a villain. -Harvey Dent
    Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the easier it is to fool you. -Thaddeus Bradley
    You can take away my toys, gadgets, and even my armor. But there is one thing you can't take away from me: Who I am. -Tony Stark
    I may not remember who I am, but there is one thing I remember. I don't take orders. -Letty Ortiz

Quote Originally Posted by pokedons View Post
    its not going to be grass ground or grass steel since it uses either night slash or sucker punch in the trailer (it cant be scratch or slash because it is using it against a part ghost type so it wouldn't effect) and it looks like it has nothing to do with the ground or steel
    Chestnut can be a pokemon who knows dark moves and is not dark.
    Learning Nigh Slash or Sucker Punch only mean Chestnut have claws or is fast.

for in game footage not move animations
    Even move animations in the first trailer can change too.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManager View Post
    Chestnut can be a pokemon who knows dark moves and is not dark.
    Learning Nigh Slash or Sucker Punch only mean Chestnut have claws or is fast.
    chespin not chesnut idoit

its not going to be grass ground or grass steel since it uses either night slash or sucker punch in the trailer (it cant be scratch or slash because it is using it against a part ghost type so it wouldn't effect) and it looks like it has nothing to do with the ground or steel
    There is no way that was sucker punch. That was a slashing type of move. The only two options that would make sense are Aerial Ace(Which it most likely is) and Night Slash.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    It has more in common with ground and steel than dark. My guess is Grass/Ground because its a hedgehog.
    it doesn't look a thing like ground where does hedgehog and ground ever come into your mine never and the only thing which could be related with steel are its sharp toe claws

Convincing counter arguement /sarcasm

And maybe thats what he wants to call Chespin?

So, here's a list of Pokemon who learn Night Slash and are obviously Dark types.

Ariados
    Blaziken
    Haxorus
    Crustle
    Cryogonal
    Druddigon
    Gallade
    Kabutops
    Heracross
    Heatmor
    Kricketune
    Scizor
    Shedinja
    Skarmory
    Sceptile

There's more too, but I don't feel like listing them. I think I've made my point.

Source: Smogon
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    There is no way that was sucker punch. That was a slashing type of move. The only two options that would make sense are Aerial Ace(Which it most likely is) and Night Slash.
    aerial ace is impossible because aerial ace usually depicted as a blue slash these were 2 purple slashes

it doesn't look a thing like ground where does hedgehog and ground ever come into your mine never and the only thing which could be related with steel are its sharp toe claws
    The claws mak it look like it burrows and digs, and it's coloration suggests ground, being brown.
    I have claimed Empoleon, Super Mario Galaxy, and Rosalina!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

aerial ace is impossible because aerial ace usually depicted as a blue slash these were 2 purple slashes
    Thing is, those are new games and these are new graphics. Things can change.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    So, here's a list of Pokemon who learn Night Slash and are obviously Dark types.

Ariados
    Blaziken
    Haxorus
    Crustle
    Cryogonal
    Druddigon
    Gallade
    Kabutops
    Heracross
    Heatmor
    Kricketune
    Scizor
    Shedinja
    Skarmory
    Sceptile

There's more too, but I don't feel like listing them. I think I've made my point.

Source: Smogon
    They are just speculating we know pokemon learn moves that are that their type.

That was in the past, new animations can change this generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Robot View Post
    It does in my opinion. You can't just have a pokemon look entirely different than what its type is. No, but everyone thinks a different way.
    Except that's not correct either, for instance many thought (and still think) that Lugia would be a water/flying or even dragon/flying but not psychic. Looks can be helpful but they aren't always indicative of what a Pokemon's typing is or what their evolution will be.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    That was in the past, new animations can change this generation.
    Compare nearly any 3rd Generation animation to its 4th Generation counterpart, this is very true. Also, the 6th Generation is supposed to be "revolutionary", as in the game as we know it is going to drastically change.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

I call him Chestnut.
    Have you some problem with that? u_u

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    The claws mak it look like it burrows and digs, and it's coloration suggests ground, being brown.
    brown pokemon not ground types weedle pidgey pidgeotto pigeot raticate spearow fearow vulpix mankey primape growlithe arcanine abra kadabra alakzam farfetch'd doduo dodrio hitmonlee hitmoncahn kangaskhan staryu pinser tauros eevee kabuto kabutops dragonite sentret furret hoothoot noctowl teddiursa ursaring stantler hitmontop entei zigzagzagoon seedo nuzleaf shiftry shroomish slakoth slaking shedinja hariyama spinda rapinch baltoy feebas chimchar monferno infernape starly staravia staraptor bidoof bibarrel buizel floatzel buneary lopunny...... more at http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...A9mon_by_color

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManager View Post
    I call him Chestnut.
    Have you some problem with that? u_u
    yes because ITS NOT HIS NAME

brown pokemon not ground types weedle pidgey pidgeotto pigeot raticate spearow fearow vulpix mankey primape growlithe arcanine abra kadabra alakzam farfetch'd doduo dodrio hitmonlee hitmoncahn kangaskhan staryu pinser tauros eevee kabuto kabutops dragonite sentret furret hoothoot noctowl teddiursa ursaring stantler hitmontop entei zigzagzagoon seedo nuzleaf shiftry shroomish slakoth slaking shedinja hariyama spinda rapinch baltoy feebas chimchar monferno infernape starly staravia staraptor bidoof bibarrel buizel floatzel buneary lopunny...... more at http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...A9mon_by_color
    Half of those aren't even brown, I think it's fairly clear Floatzel is orange

Also, you named a bunch of Ground types. Trapinch, Baltoy, etc.

And why does that bother you? No need to be such a douche.

~Richard Dawkins

Going by this logic.

This shouldn't be Aerial Ace because it doesn't have a red streak with the slash in BW.

Oh wait the animation just got a makeover.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

So what, I see some people call Pikachu *a rat* so you will have to Spheal with it.

Yes, but you can clearly tell the types of those pokémon with just a glance. I wouldn't mistake any of those pokémon for ground types. There are more clues on Chespin that lead me to believe that Chespin's evolutions will become part Ground, including the color, but not just the color.
    I have claimed Empoleon, Super Mario Galaxy, and Rosalina!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

I hope Gamefreak reads this thread and makes Chespin Grass/Dragon or something ridiculous like that just to troll us.

~Richard Dawkins

Page 256 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306356 ... LastLast