View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 302 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312352402 ... LastLast
Results 7,526 to 7,550 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    I don't expect a thing from Smash since it's...Smash.

The Dark/Psychic/Fighting triangle is imperfect by itself, has nothing to do with the types of the starters.
    what i'm getting at is they can kill each other equally -_-

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

I know
    chespin will be grass/fir!!!!!!
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    the reason why i believe he is water/fighting is because his physique is similar to toxicroaks
    I hope his evo's will look like toxicroak, he looks like a beast :3

FEAR US.

Spoiler:- Credits and other stuff.:

Tommorow CoroCoro scans :3

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    Tommorow CoroCoro scans :3
    You just made my day :3

Anyway, I hope like more that we get a Toxicroak-like Froakie evo, but possibly quadreped? I mean it can go bipedal at whim?

How late do they give the corocoro scans usually?

How late do they give the corocoro scans usually?
    Roughly the 10th-12th day of a month, with it leaking over a period of a few days.

But it's [robably too early for evo reveal for the starters, but i could see dw abilties and moves and stuff for them...

It's been like 32 days since they solicited the Pokemon. If it's around the 10th-12th, I'll be glad to know some of the 6th Gen.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

No I mean how late ( in time )

You think CoroCoro would be leaked that easily? It somehow seems that this generation will work harder to avoid these leaks since the new releases will probably be on a global scale. I believe US Nintendo didn't reveal the final evolutions of the Unova starters until near the release of the games. However, because Japanese BW already game out by then, a lot of players already knew which starter to choose and which moves to teach to it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    You think CoroCoro would be leaked that easily? It somehow seems that this generation will work harder to avoid these leaks since the new releases will probably be on a global scale. I believe US Nintendo didn't reveal the final evolutions of the Unova starters until near the release of the games. However, because Japanese BW already game out by then, a lot of players already knew which starter to choose and which moves to teach to it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    That made no sense. I mean they have magazines in most countries and websites that could reveal, right? The leaks barely reveal really big things either, so wtf is with dat post?

I'm betting that on April Fools Nintendo will give us a fake Fennekin Fighting evo, stick w/ ot then ditch it later.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    That made no sense. I mean they have magazines in most countries and websites that could reveal, right? The leaks barely reveal really big things either, so wtf is with dat post?

I'm betting that on April Fools Nintendo will give us a fake Fennekin Fighting evo, stick w/ ot then ditch it later.
    I don't think it will happen because there will be people saying : OMG. Nintendooooo then whyyyyy diiiid ypu show it to us?!?
    You are noooot fuuunnnyyyyy bla bla bla

And it has happened never right?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManager View Post
    Well...
    Empoleon - Napoleon
    Infernape - Son Goku
    Torterra - Xuanwu
    So, what were the other Starters supposed to be based on??

Where as I love the idea of the Gen VIs being based on French archetypes, I'm fearful of how well executed their designs will be. Chespin as a knight seems like it simply can't fail but if he ends up looking clunky or doofy, I won't be too pleased. Fennekin as a sorceress = GREAT!! Fennekin as a old Merlin-esq wizard....eeh...Froakie as a master thief would be cool no matter how they handle it...

Also, with the speculation of the French archetypes, has any thought they could be placed differently than we expect?

For instance, Chespin's hood could not become a knight's helmet BUT INSTEAD become a wizard's cowl or thief's cloak.

Froakie's neck mist could harden into knight-like ice armor OR become shiny like wizard magic.

Fennekin's design doesn't really hint at anything but I could see her becoming a sly fox thief or valkyrie...
    MASTER Pkmn Team

I don't think it will happen because there will be people saying : OMG. Nintendooooo then whyyyyy diiiid ypu show it to us?!?
    You are noooot fuuunnnyyyyy bla bla bla

And it has happened never right?
    I know, but they themselves must know about all the rage Fennekin will get of it becomes a fighting type.

Just like Nintendo's joke of moving to the ARtic to help SNow Pikachus...

Now I'm looking forward to April first.
    Just like Nintendo's joke of moving to the ARtic to help SNow Pikachus...
    Wait, what?

Edit: Found it, for anyone else who doesn't know.
    http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wik..._to_the_Arctic

Nasty Polar Bears.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 9th February 2013 at 6:15 PM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    Check out Mega Sableye's shield. It's a giant rupee! It's true, money does solve all your problems!

You just made my day :3

Anyway, I hope like more that we get a Toxicroak-like Froakie evo, but possibly quadreped? I mean it can go bipedal at whim?
    ik what you mean like when he's on all fours he would be in a pose similar to darmanitans possibly? and when he stand it's like toxicroak?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cuddles View Post
    same i'm really hoping he is like him

Ask me stupid stuff

Roughly the 10th-12th day of a month, with it leaking over a period of a few days.

But it's [robably too early for evo reveal for the starters, but i could see dw abilties and moves and stuff for them...
    It will probably be their normal abilities, height, weight and type. I don't think they ever specify attacks for the gen 4 or 5 starters but if any in the trailer were new fingers crossed I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    It will probably be their normal abilities, height, weight and type. I don't think they ever specify attacks for the gen 4 or 5 starters but if any in the trailer were new fingers crossed I suppose.
    i don't care if i know their moves yet i just wanna know evos!
    also i'm looking forward to the leaking period hopefully coming up soon

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i don't care if i know their moves yet i just wanna know evos!
    also i'm looking forward to the leaking period hopefully coming up soon
    At best we'll get evos a month or two before release
    maybe earlier if we get anime production reference sheets

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    It was leaked last month, and I do believe it always get leaked, I don't really understand how such things are leaked but they are. Whatever is in CoroCoro we'll get it around the 10th-12th.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Hopefully we won't get this, haven't all but abilities been revealed?

I'd rather it shown completely new Pokes so we have guessing games, hopefully one evolved one, like Darmanitan was released with Klink, Pidove, Blitzle, Munna and Cinccino (Did I get that right?) and then reveal one of the mon's evo(s) later (like Musharna, who was pretty quickly revealed for an evo of a previously revealed pokemon)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cuddles View Post
    I believe Froakie will end up like Croagunk and evolve into something Toxicroak-esque because unlike Tympole or Poliwag, Froakie didn't start as a tadpole while like Croagunk, he started out as a frog.

Hopefully we won't get this, haven't all but abilities been revealed?

I'd rather it shown completely new Pokes so we have guessing games, hopefully one evolved one, like Darmanitan was released with Klink, Pidove, Blitzle, Munna and Cinccino (Did I get that right?) and then reveal one of the mon's evo(s) later (like Musharna, who was pretty quickly revealed for an evo of a previously revealed pokemon)
    the only people they revealed that for is Yveltal and Xerneas
    and i'm pretty sure you are correct about the pre released ones for black and white
    i really want to know at least two pokemon to be released or at least the typing of the final starters evos

Ask me stupid stuff

what if Froakie took a turn twoard's a Tadpole Shrimp? like, devole to a tadpole stage. We'd have an armored tadpole warrior.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Definitely starting with Chespin... just can't avoid grass types, my favorite of all types

Chespin is chestnut/hedgehog based, Fennekin is a Fennec Fox, and Froakie is a frog... interesting choices

Froakie to me is very odd looking, but maybe my opinion will change once we see the evolutions
    3DS Friend Code: 2750-1183-1943

Page 302 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312352402 ... LastLast