View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 323 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327333373423 ... LastLast
Results 8,051 to 8,075 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Last generation I went with Water since I just absolutely love Oshawott! This generation I definately won't be using the Water starter since I really think Froakie is kinda ugly tbh. Fennekin and Chespin though to me are just adorable and its kinda tough to decide between them after both have really grown on me. I think in the end the evolutions for them will decide it for me.
    Go Sinnoh team! Go!

Froakie is the absolute most awesome and cute starter I've ever laid eyes on *Covers Froakie's ears* Why are you saying this right in front of it? We all know that Fennekin got hit with beauty stick. Chespin... he's got his mom's look.

With all the love being shown to Fenniken and Chespin, and all these people saying Froakie is ugly, I feel he will end up as the best starter of the three, type, design, and stat wise. It just feels like it's being setup for a huge case of irony.
    I just want him to stay slim, have a decent typing and be fast (100+ base speed) and I'll be happy.
    I personally like Froakie because he seems quirky. I think he's cute in a quirky way. And I don't bother trying to put the other starters down because I can find something unique and special in all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by BV101 View Post
    With all the love being shown to Fenniken and Chespin, and all these people saying Froakie is ugly, I feel he will end up as the best starter of the three, type, design, and stat wise. It just feels like it's being setup for a huge case of irony.
    I just want him to stay slim, have a decent typing and be fast (100+ base speed) and I'll be happy.
    I personally like Froakie because he seems quirky. I think he's cute in a quirky way. And I don't bother trying to put the other starters down because I can find something unique and special in all of them.
    Froakie is one of more quirky starters now that you mention it, along with Turtwig.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    Up-Grade, Dusk Stone

I'm going to throw my coin into this wishing well and wish for a fire/ground starter. Fire is the only type that doesn't have a starter typed with ground. plus it would be cool for him to be 4x weak to water. i just think a fire ground starter would be cool, but it's probably a stretch for this gen. Fennekin doesn't look too ground-y to me.
    My Zangoose is loose!!! Oh no, someone's Zangoose is going to be cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by BV101 View Post
    Exactly! I'm leaning towards Froakie right now because though its ugly, I feel it will become the best starter overall.
    My Pokémon Omega Ruby Team:

[Raven] : [Neptune] : [Simba] : [Dubai] : [Zelda] : [Brutus]
    3DS Friend Code:
    2938-8044-3384

Quote Originally Posted by yuff View Post
    plus it would be cool for him to be 4x weak to water.
    I uh.
    Well I.

I don't agree.
    But that's mostly because I always pick the fire starter.

I'm leaning toward froakie right now but that could all change when I see the evolutions
    If he stays thin I'll probably pick him,
    Although fennekin is a good design I'm just not feeling it at all, I mean its gonna be so OU.
    And chespin, he's a cute one and my second choice weird how he's not a reptile but I guess that's showing when mammels amerged.

Can't wait to see the evolutions.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

i am having a rough time deciding whether chespin or fennekin is my favorite
    i will be getting all three but i cannot decide which is my favorite

I'm torn between Fennkin and Froakie right now. As long as long as Fennkin does not become another fire/starter I might pick him; I kinda hope for him to become a fire/pyshic or Fire/ghost type.

Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    I'm torn between Fennkin and Froakie right now. As long as long as Fennkin does not become another fire/starter I might pick him; I kinda hope for him to become a fire/pyshic or Fire/ghost type.
    you mean fire/fighting?
    he will be fire either way
    i am hoping he is fire/psychic

^ Yes that's what I might fire/fighting (I type so fast and forget proof read) I hope he is not another Fire/fighting type!

Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    ^ Yes that's what I might fire/fighting (I type so fast and forget proof read) I hope he is not another Fire/fighting type!
    i hope he isn't either
    i mean i like the combo but something new would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i hope he isn't either
    i mean i like the combo but something new would be nice
    No one in their right ****ing mind wants another fire/fighting type starter.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    that is why i said something new would be nice...
    but ok

That depends on the "person", not everyone hates the combo.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    that's what i'm saying i mean fire/fighting is a cool combo
    but i do want something new this gen

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    That's right. For a starter, it became too repetitive, but a fire/fighting warrior would be nice.
    But, you must know that if fennekin becomes a fire/fighting, I'll be mad too.
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

You sir are wrong.

I do.

Fire fighting is one of the best type combinations possible. It removes the SR weak and adds an excellent second STAB. PLus they always look manly and intimidating which fennekin is lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    You sir are wrong.

I do.

Fire fighting is one of the best type combinations possible. It removes the SR weak and adds an excellent second STAB. PLus they always look manly and intimidating which fennekin is lacking.
    well at this point, fennekin seems to have been deemed the cute one so going by these guide lines i do not see him being fire/fighting at all

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    You sir are wrong.

I do.

You want fennekin to be all manly and ****?
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

you swear a lot...
    i don't think he will be in all honesty i can actually see him looking like lucario

Yes.

Like Emboar but more fox like.

I honestly don't want another dual type fire starter.

I wouldn't mind another dual type, but I think that GF would need to go back to the basics with starter types.

But then again, I'm also hoping for the Pokeathelon to return, so that shows what I **** ing know.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

To be honest I can't really think of any starters that remain cutesy all the way to third stage... except maybe meganium?
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?” - Meowth

Friend Code: 1220 - 6368 - 0567
    Will add anyone!
    PM me if you add me with your FC!

Page 323 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327333373423 ... LastLast