View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 346 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356396446 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,650 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Fire psychic sounds pretty sp att offensive, but the combo has a lot of weakness, dark, ghost, water, bug, ground, rock,

My Dream Team

Quote Originally Posted by William777 View Post
    Fire psychic sounds pretty sp att offensive, but the combo has a lot of weakness, dark, ghost, water, bug, ground, rock,
    who cares, its not going to be the perfect pokemon.
    grass/ground grass/poison and fight/fire have 4 weaknesses.
    and a pure grass starter has 5 weaknesses.
    Last edited by adl222; 1st March 2013 at 4:26 AM.
    team_magma93

Yeah Torterra best both too but with his high attack and high speed in player trainer battled Torterra hardly got a chance to attack infer ape first so it'd be left either beaten or with so little hp.

Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

Quote Originally Posted by William777 View Post
    No, just Dark, Ghost, Water, Ground, Rock. Bug is negated by fire's resistance.

In addition, it would resist: Grass, Ice, Fire, Psychic, Fighting, Steel

Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    Swampert, Charizard and Torterra say hi. So what if it has 1 four times weakness, it'll have more type advantages over other pokemon. Grass/fighting seems like a perfect fit for Chespin, Fennekin makes sense to have ground with it being a dessert fox.
    You know...
    Torchic is a little chick. It will evolve into a chicken. A chicken is a bird, so we guess the Flying Type. Did it happened ? No.
    Piplup is a baby penguin. It will evolve into a adult penguin. A penguin live in the ice, so we guess the Ice Type. Did it happened ? No.

So why exactly Fennekin should be a Ground Type since we get trick twice by the "in real life logic" ? This is completely stupid. Pokémon isn't totally based on the real life.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

I am just wondering..if Chespin's final Evo was Grass/Flying..what types would be effective against and what types would it be bad against?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    I am just wondering..if Chespin's final Evo was Grass/Flying..what types would be effective against and what types would it be bad against?
    Super effective for= Water, rock, ground, fighting, grass, bug
    Neutral= Electic, normal, dark, ghost, psychic, steel, bug, dragon
    Resists= Water, grass (x4), fighting, ground
    Super effective against= Ice (x4), fire, flying, poison, rock

Changes in bold if it is flying/grass.
    Last edited by golduck#1; 1st March 2013 at 1:55 PM.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Just an idea about flying Chespin.
    Maybe
    Ground fire fennekin
    And
    Ice water froakie?
    thinking out loud......

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

If...maybe...one of them stay a pure-type?
    For me, probably will be Fennec or Frog.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManager View Post
    Meh, In even Gens the starters are all or nothing (Gen II Neutrals, Gen IV Dual Types.) and these starters have so many appearances to different types, making them pure would be crap.

Plus:

Pure Grass Hedgehog-Shaymin Land, (Shaymin's alternate Sky forme is Grass/Fly (But it's not a Hedgie )
    Pure Water Frog-Politoad (Before bringing up that a Water/Fighting Froaks would be too like Poliwrath, remember: Poliwrath=Tadpole Froaks=Frog)
    Pure Fire Fox-Ninetales (And Fennekin seems to have Psychic Powers, and Psychic Powered Fox who's pure Fire would cause CHAOS!)

I'm hoping Chespin and Froakie gain dual types upon reaching their final evolutions whilst Fennekin remains pure fire, mainly because apart from G/S fire starters have always gained a second type whilst Grass and Water haven't and it's about time the Fire starter stays mono-typed.

With that out the way i have re-considered my predictions...
    Chespin: Grass/Rock
    Fennekin: Fire/Psychic (though i do hope it stays mono but i doubt it)
    Froakie: Water/Dark

I hope it's not the frog..i usually dislike pure water types...

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    You know...
    Torchic is a little chick. It will evolve into a chicken. A chicken is a bird, so we guess the Flying Type. Did it happened ? No.
    Piplup is a baby penguin. It will evolve into a adult penguin. A penguin live in the ice, so we guess the Ice Type. Did it happened ? No.

So why exactly Fennekin should be a Ground Type since we get trick twice by the "in real life logic" ? This is completely stupid. Pokémon isn't totally based on the real life.
    Mudkip is a mudskipper. It will evolve into a bigger one I guess. Mudskippers live on muddy, lake/riverside land and water, so we guess Ground type. It happened.

It can go either way. Right now, the only things we can infer are a pure Fire type, a totally-not-Ninetales Fire/Psychic type or a Fire/Ground type. It's not really that farfetch'd, compared to something like Fire/Dragon or Fire/Bug or Fire/Grass or Fire/Water or Fire/Normal...

Fire/Normal. Hmm. I wouldn't actually mind that provided Fennekin learned Hyper Voice through levelup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

The only dual-type's the fire starters that GF has done is Fire/Fighting, Flying though I'll be fine if Fennekin stays a pure fire in it's final evolution.
    But come on GF be creative with the fire starter this time. Why stop there make Chespin and Foakie have a second type in their final evolution's, but make them different then past starters.
    An just because one starter has a x4 advantage over another doesn't mean GF won't do it, cause they've done it before

My predictions:
    Grass/Steel, Rock, Fighting
    Fire/Psychic, Dark, Ground
    Water/Flying, Fighting, Electric
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
        Spoiler:- 6 Region Nuzlocke Challenge:

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    The only dual-type's the fire starters that GF has done is Fire/Fighting, Flying though I'll be fine if Fennekin stays a pure fire in it's final evolution.
    But come on GF be creative with the fire starter this time. Why stop there make Chespin and Foakie have a second type in their final evolution's, but make them different then past starters.
    An just because one starter has a x4 advantage over another doesn't mean GF won't do it, cause they've done it before
    So you're saying that it's fine if Fennekin remains mono-Fire but you want GF to be more creative with the next Fire-starter? Judging by the starter pattern, we had did have one Fire/Flying (Gen. I), three Fire/Fighting(Gen. III, IV, and V) and one mono-Fire(Gen. II). At this rate, GF may make just another mono-Fire (which I believe is unlikely, but still, it's possible) or any other variant combination of typings. I personally wouldn't mind if Fennekin were Fire/Dark, Fire/Psychic/, etc.

For Water starters, the first two generations were mono-Water, the next two were matched up with a secondary typing, Gen. V went straight back to mono-Water, and Gen. VI might do the same. I hope this isn't the case, as I'd like to see another starter with a secondary typing.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Quote Originally Posted by Bueno~ View Post
    e. But if we're talking about rumors, "Mr.XY" rumors were much better.
    What were they? I think I missed them.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

as have i whos MR.xy
    "]
    this makes me love bayleef please trade me one for black 2 name-Greg-pal code-0004 1299 2069

I feel about silly asking but has anyone not thought of
    Frogs legs? The French delicacies
    Along with snails, France is famous for these foods
    Maybe incorporated in froakie's evolution
    Maybe he will be a great speedy jumper with long legs?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    It can go either way. Right now, the only things we can infer are a pure Fire type, a totally-not-Ninetales Fire/Psychic type or a Fire/Ground type.
    I can sort of understand why some people might assume that Fennekin's evolutions could be Fire/Psychic types, but where did the Fire/Ground type thing originate from? What are the factors that led to that hypothesis?

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    youv'e gone crazy but i guess i have too because i agree with you
    "]
    this makes me love bayleef please trade me one for black 2 name-Greg-pal code-0004 1299 2069

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I can sort of understand why some people might assume that Fennekin's evolutions could be Fire/Psychic types, but where did the Fire/Ground type thing originate from? What are the factors that led to that hypothesis?
    Fennekin is based from a fennec fox, it lives in desert rocky regions

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Or maybe He will lose his legs?

#Water/Flying Confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    We've discussed this on the last page about how Fennekin could be related to an Egyptian mythological necromancer, Anubis. On that note, this could also support the fact that Fire/Dark is another possibility for Fennekin.

On top of that, Fennec foxes do originate in the Sahara, which we could all conclude that Fennekin's species of fox live in dry, arid habitats. So Fire/Ground is a viable possibility.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

#Water/Flying Confirmed
    I can't access meme generator .-.

You'll be sorry when I can.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Specter Vyle View Post
    So you're saying that it's fine if Fennekin remains mono-Fire but you want GF to be more creative with the next Fire-starter? Judging by the starter pattern, we had did have one Fire/Flying (Gen. I), three Fire/Fighting(Gen. III, IV, and V) and one mono-Fire(Gen. II). At this rate, GF may make just another mono-Fire (which I believe is unlikely, but still, it's possible) or any other variant combination of typings. I personally wouldn't mind if Fennekin were Fire/Dark, Fire/Psychic/, etc.
    Well yeah I'm fine if Fennekin stays pure fire-type, but I would prefer it to have a dual-type something they haven't done yet. Reason why I say that is because we had three Fire/Fighting-types in row, in a ROW!!
    Keeping the starter's pure just boring but not as annoying as having the same dual-type multiple times in a row. Sinnoh is still the only region that has had all three starters have dual-types. It's also nice to see what new dual-types especially for starters which is why I put up those predictions, and I hope GF does make all three starters have dual-types this time.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
        Spoiler:- 6 Region Nuzlocke Challenge:

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Page 346 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356396446 ... LastLast