View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 451 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461501551 ... LastLast
Results 11,251 to 11,275 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    However, we were sure Tep would kill the Fire/Fighting thread, but no. Also, Journey to the West has a river ogre character... And we know GF is obsessed with JttW. I feel so bad for you, Froakie.
    Uh, thus far there's only one Starter based off JttW in terms of both design and typing, and that's Infernape. Emboar is based off a character in Romance of the Three Kingdom, and I'm guessing that they based it off Zhang Fei from the design. And mind you, RoTK is a historical novel with zero elements of magic or fantasy. No fire, no water whatsoever. The pig demon in JttW has nothing to do with the element of fire as well.

This misinformation is about as bad as the whole "all fire starters are based off the Chinese zodiac" fan-based observation.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    Uh, thus far there's only one Starter based off JttW in terms of both design and typing, and that's Infernape. Emboar is based off a character in Romance of the Three Kingdom, and I'm guessing that they based it off Zhang Fei from the design. And mind you, RoTK is a historical novel with zero elements of magic or fantasy. No fire, no water whatsoever. The pig demon in JttW has nothing to do with the element of fire as well.

This misinformation is about as bad as the whole "all fire starters are based off the Chinese zodiac" fan-based observation.
    Really? I read it on Bulba-Oh wait, that explains it. Your really smart, ya know?

Anyway, I'd like Froakie to stay slim. But on all fours. I wonder how they could do that and keep him looking good.

i think the trio will be Grass/Dark........Fire/Psychic.......and Water/Fighting

which btw Dark beats Psychic which beats fighting so the trio can defeat there weakness.....
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

Quote Originally Posted by Gergenator View Post
    i think the trio will be Grass/Dark........Fire/Psychic.......and Water/Fighting

which btw Dark beats Psychic which beats fighting so the trio can defeat there weakness.....
    I've been fiending for a water/fighting started since they made it look like oshawott would end up water/fighting. then sure enough, we get samurrot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Fennekin should look something like okami
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Alpacawhisperer View Post
    Fennekin should look something like okami
    While this would be interesting. Amaterasu(at least in the context of the game) is technically a wolf. If we did get something resembling Amaterasu, I'd like for it to be this region's Lucazoro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    While this would be interesting. Amaterasu(at least in the context of the game) is technically a wolf. If we did get something resembling Amaterasu, I'd like for it to be this region's Lucazoro
    What is lucazoro

I really hope, as unlikely as it may be, that froakie turns into something like thisimage.jpg
    Only maybe a bit more masculine

Quote Originally Posted by Alpacawhisperer View Post
    What is lucazoro
    Lucario and Zoroark.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Quote Originally Posted by baconrules View Post
    I really hope, as unlikely as it may be, that froakie turns into something like thisimage.jpg
    I don't see the unlikeliness

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Well, to be fair, Fake Scans make things bearable until CoroCoro or another source of information. But god, if those imagines ever turned real... I'd consider switching to Froakie unless they're only the middle stage.
    That ought to read fake scans make everyone grit their teeth and want to murder something.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

i know the starters arent meant to be unbeatable but theyre meant to be strong. So i hope chespin becomes a grass/steel type fennekin a fire/ground type and froakie a water/electric type then they would only have to weaknesses each. I do hope chespin becomes a speedy physical sweeper grass/steel and fennekin stays on four legs.

Quote Originally Posted by charmanderandswampertguy View Post
    i know the starters arent meant to be unbeatable but theyre meant to be strong. So i hope chespin becomes a grass/steel type fennekin a fire/ground type and froakie a water/electric type then they would only have to weaknesses each. I do hope chespin becomes a speedy physical sweeper grass/steel and fennekin stays on four legs.
    Those type combinations have more than one weakness each.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    Those type combinations have more than one weakness each.
    when he said 'to weaknesses each' I think he probably meant two?

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

well almost, it's not a type triangle, as it has to be reversable in terms of resistances too, since Psychic does not effect Dark at all, it's an unbalanced triangle,

a type triangle that would work is something like: Steel, Fire, Rock.

Steel beats and resists rock but is weak to fire, fire beats and resists steel but is weak to rock, rock beats and resists fire but is weak to steel.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by charmanderandswampertguy View Post
    i know the starters arent meant to be unbeatable but theyre meant to be strong.
    Says who? No one said starters had to be strong (otherwise, the crappy starters would've been made decent at the very least).

I think Chespin is ADORABLE! I've never been so strongly drawn to a starter than I am to Chespin, he is my pick for sure.

And I don't like Fennekin.....
    GO ON YOUR OWN!

I've got a thing against people who like Psychic types. I live by the rule; Never trust anyone who's main Pokemon is a Psychic Type.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    well almost, it's not a type triangle, as it has to be reversable in terms of resistances too, since Psychic does not effect Dark at all, it's an unbalanced triangle,

Steel beats and resists rock but is weak to fire, fire beats and resists steel but is weak to rock, rock beats and resists fire but is weak to steel.
    First of all, the guy never said it was a perfect type triangle. Just that each starter could have a reverse weakness triangle. Which is all anyone is trying to say.
    The only time a Psy/Dark/Fight triangle wouldn't work is if the Pokemon were specifically and only those types. Then I would agree that it wouldn't make sense. But your argument, that the resistances don't work, is ridiculous because each starter has their primary type also.

Your idea of why it wouldn't work:
    "Fennekin evo (Fire/Psychic) used Psybeam."
    "It doesn't affect Chespin evo (Grass/Dark)."

That is the dumbest scenario in history. Why in the hell would you even want to use an attack the opponent resists when you have STAB's power and a super effectiveness against them? The resistances make no difference unless you are truly set on wanting to use an attack that is halved in power against your rival.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    First of all, the guy never said it was a perfect type triangle. Just that each starter could have a reverse weakness triangle. Which is all anyone is trying to say.
    The only time a Psy/Dark/Fight triangle wouldn't work is if the Pokemon were specifically and only those types. Then I would agree that it wouldn't make sense. But your argument, that the resistances don't work, is ridiculous because each starter has their primary type also.

Your idea of why it wouldn't work:
    "Fennekin evo (Fire/Psychic) used Psybeam."
    "It doesn't affect Chespin evo (Grass/Dark)."

That is the dumbest scenario in history. Why in the hell would you even want to use an attack the opponent resists when you have STAB's power and a super effectiveness against them? The resistances make no difference unless you are truly set on wanting to use an attack that is halved in power against your rival.
    I can see what he was saying. If it isn't an equal triangle both ways it does take a little of the purpose out of it. And who said they would want to create this scenario? It could happen for a number of reasons, none of which matter since that isn't the point.

I don't see why everyone wants these secondary typings. Grass/Dark has a lot of faults. I may be crazy, but I would rather see them keep their singular typing and have more interesting typings granted to the new pokemon discovered in the region.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post

Except fire is already part of the first type triangle. One that works perfect is flying-rock-fighting.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by baconrules View Post
    that image looks like an ancient Dragon.... i dont think that would happen.....But would be nice of we gained a starter that evolved into dragon typing
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

that image looks like an ancient Dragon.... i dont think that would happen.....But would be nice of we gained a starter that evolved into dragon typing
    I concur... and a starter that evolves into a Dragon type is overkill, because if so, none of any of the starters' STAB moves would be effective.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011 View Post
    I concur... and a starter that evolves into a Dragon type is overkill, because if so, none of any of the starters' STAB moves would be effective.

well the starter types would be adjusted so it could like: Fire/dragon Water/Dragon Grass/Dragon

or Water/Dragon Fire/Electric Grass/Ice

or Fire/Dragon Water/Ice Grass/Fighting

or Grass/Dragon Fire/Steel Water/Ice

or somthing
    Last edited by Gergenator; 1st May 2013 at 5:23 PM.
    Pearl Team so far

HeartGold Team

I'm still holding out for water/poison evo for froakie as there is a species of poison dart frog which is blue and plus alot of poison dart frog species carry their eggs on their backs in what look like bubbles....
    Plus dendrobates azureus are a very popular in captivity similar to fennic foxes, it could be that all three are based on common pets?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrobates_azureus
    I'd call him azureus ^_^
    Last edited by WNDR; 2nd May 2013 at 8:32 PM.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    I'm still holding out for water/poison evo for froakie as there is a species of poison dart frog which is [B]blue[\B] and plus alot of poison dart frog species carry their eggs on their backs in what look like bubbles....
    Plus dendrobates azureus are a very popular in captivity similar to fennic foxes, it could be that all three are based on common pets?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrobates_azureus
    I'd call him azureus ^_^
    That would be pretty cool as it could make a even triangle with froakie being a water poison fennekin could be fire psychic and chespin could be whatever beats psychic.
    Last edited by baconrules; 2nd May 2013 at 8:24 PM.

Page 451 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461501551 ... LastLast