View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 516 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 416466506512513514515516517518519520526566616 ... LastLast
Results 12,876 to 12,900 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #12876
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Seriously, there's like a .00000000000000001% chance of one of the starters becoming a Dragon type.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  2. #12877
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    I have calculated what is very likely to be what Chespin's base HP, as well as its final evolution's, is going to be. Here's the link to the document: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5p2...it?usp=sharing

  3. #12878
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Venom Road
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    I doubt one of the starters would evolve into Dragon. If that's the case then one of the other two will have to be the counterpart (Ice/Fairy?), making things seem more bogus...
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037


    Pokegyms Fairy Leader

    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  4. #12879
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bolter1 View Post
    I have calculated what is very likely to be what Chespin's base HP, as well as its final evolution's, is going to be. Here's the link to the document: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5p2...it?usp=sharing
    Surprised no one's commented on this yet. Very cool. ~ 105 base hp is pretty cool, though to be honest on a grass type it'd be best to have lower base hp and higher defenses, for leech seed and drain moves. I don't agree with your type prediction however. While grass/rock wouldn't be a bad combination, it wouldn't be good either. Defensively, it leaves few resists, only resisting one type (electric) and still being weak to ice, fighting, bug, and steel. I'd go so far as to say it's worse than grass alone. That being said, I disagree mainly with your point that it doesn't fit flavor wise. Chespin is a hedgehog, of course it's gonna learn rolly moves like rollout, defense curl, maybe even rapid spin and gyro ball.

    On an unrelated note, and this might just be me being too hopeful, does anyone think it'd be too weird having a starter be dark type? I mean, dark type is evil type in japan, and if I was a kid and my loveable little chespin turned into an evil poke, I'd be weirded out.
    Pokemon White FC: 5372 0625 3855

  5. #12880
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    With Remoraid and Octillery I see it more as something like this:

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    If you think about it, Remoraid-Octillery makes a lot of sense in terms of the backstory behind it. Of course we know Remoraid as the Fish that connected to Mantine (though that's no longer the case in Gen IV), but I always thought that the Mantine-Remoraid connection was reminiscent of a plane-missile combination such as the fighter jet. At least that's how I interpret it. Anyways, back to Remoraid and Octillery, if you can think of Remoraid as the "missile," then you can think of Octillery as the "tank" or the command centre for artilleries, and thus the evolution is meant to show how weapon technology can advance over time from a simple purpose to a more complicated and detailed purpose.
    At least there was thematic relationship between Remoraid and Octillery that justified taking a different direction when you deconstruct what the evolution stood for. Don't just make a poor argument and say "oh GF did this, so we can make a leopard grow from a dragonfly with no thematic direction at all!"

  6. #12881

    Default

    Well I have a strange take on this, but here is how I picture each starters final evo will end up being:
    Fenniken
    Fire/Psychic: As noted from speculation, each pokemon develops a second type to thwart its opposite. The added Psychic
    Will allow Fenniken to stop its opposite, and with its added defense (I see it as a Fennick Fox has good sense of defense) it
    can protect it self from its opponent.
    Chespin
    Grass/Rock: Since it learns roll out, and its based on a hedgehog, I can assume it will be like a Donphan pkm. Also
    this give him a type advantage over fire as I believe fire is weak to rock. It's added defense will also allow it to
    be safe from other as well.
    Froakie
    Water/Fighting: Flame on, but this balances out the cycle in my little head. Fighting will prove to beat the Rock sub
    type possibly give to Chespin, and allow Fenniken to beat it with ease. It's speed and from what i can tell, base physical
    attack will make fighting type an excellent typing for Froakie, along with its evo looking more like that toad from
    Naruto.
    I hope this is a good guess or wish. Hope this can spark some conversation as well.

  7. #12882
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhynox View Post
    Surprised no one's commented on this yet. Very cool. ~ 105 base hp is pretty cool, though to be honest on a grass type it'd be best to have lower base hp and higher defenses, for leech seed and drain moves. I don't agree with your type prediction however. While grass/rock wouldn't be a bad combination, it wouldn't be good either. Defensively, it leaves few resists, only resisting one type (electric) and still being weak to ice, fighting, bug, and steel. I'd go so far as to say it's worse than grass alone. That being said, I disagree mainly with your point that it doesn't fit flavor wise. Chespin is a hedgehog, of course it's gonna learn rolly moves like rollout, defense curl, maybe even rapid spin and gyro ball.

    On an unrelated note, and this might just be me being too hopeful, does anyone think it'd be too weird having a starter be dark type? I mean, dark type is evil type in japan, and if I was a kid and my loveable little chespin turned into an evil poke, I'd be weirded out.
    Thank you for the feedback! But, remember, Torterra has 95 HP which is not far off from the final evolution's predicted HP, so it can work if the other stats are spread out right and tankish Pokemon are meant moreso to take hits and deal them rather than lay down moves such as Leech Seed which is what support Pokemon do better. As for the typing; to each his own. What type do you think Chespin will end up being?
    Last edited by bolter1; 25th May 2013 at 7:25 AM.

  8. #12883
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyberworrier94 View Post
    Well I have a strange take on this, but here is how I picture each starters final evo will end up being:
    Fenniken
    Fire/Psychic: As noted from speculation, each pokemon develops a second type to thwart its opposite. The added Psychic
    Will allow Fenniken to stop its opposite, and with its added defense (I see it as a Fennick Fox has good sense of defense) it
    can protect it self from its opponent.
    Chespin
    Grass/Rock: Since it learns roll out, and its based on a hedgehog, I can assume it will be like a Donphan pkm. Also
    this give him a type advantage over fire as I believe fire is weak to rock. It's added defense will also allow it to
    be safe from other as well.
    Froakie
    Water/Fighting: Flame on, but this balances out the cycle in my little head. Fighting will prove to beat the Rock sub
    type possibly give to Chespin, and allow Fenniken to beat it with ease. It's speed and from what i can tell, base physical
    attack will make fighting type an excellent typing for Froakie, along with its evo looking more like that toad from
    Naruto.
    I hope this is a good guess or wish. Hope this can spark some conversation as well.
    Only issue I have with Grass/Rock I'd that Fire isn't super effective against it. That's why I advocate Grass/Dark.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  9. #12884
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    I'd prefer Fennekin to be Fire/Ground. One, it's a superior type defense and offense wise to Fire/Psychic, and it's a Fennec Fox, a species that lives in a desert, right?

    In fact, a fast Fire/Ground Fennekin evo could take UU/OU by storm. Starters tend to have decent move pools, but are held back by types or weird stats.

    Perhaps Solid Rock as an DW ability? Sap Sipper? Or perhaps Sand Force/Veil/Rush/Stream? You all have to admit it. A Fire/Ground Fennekin evo with decent speeds w/ Sand Stream would be freakin' awesome!

    Defense Wise (Types left out means they're neutral!)


    Weak To: Ground, Water (x4)

    Immune To: Electric

    Resists: Poison, Bug, Steel, Fire


    Basically, just call it Volcarona wall.


    My predicted stats:

    HP:85
    Attack: 55/120
    Defense: 80
    Sp. Attack: 120/55
    Sp. Defense: 100
    Speed: 100

    I don't see the need for a second triangle, and don't do the 'Froakie x4>Fire/Ground!' Because same happened with Sceptile>Swampert. But if there's a second triangle, I'd like

    Chespin-Grass/Electric or Grass/Flying
    Fennekin-Fire/Ground
    Froakie-Water/Flying or Water/Electric.

  10. #12885
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ecruteak City, Johto
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    I'd prefer Fennekin to be Fire/Ground. One, it's a superior type defense and offense wise to Fire/Psychic, and it's a Fennec Fox, a species that lives in a desert, right?

    In fact, a fast Fire/Ground Fennekin evo could take UU/OU by storm. Starters tend to have decent move pools, but are held back by types or weird stats.

    Perhaps Solid Rock as an DW ability? Sap Sipper? Or perhaps Sand Force/Veil/Rush/Stream? You all have to admit it. A Fire/Ground Fennekin evo with decent speeds w/ Sand Stream would be freakin' awesome!

    Defense Wise (Types left out means they're neutral!)


    Weak To: Ground, Water (x4)

    Immune To: Electric

    Resists: Poison, Bug, Steel, Fire


    Basically, just call it Volcarona wall.


    My predicted stats:

    HP:85
    Attack: 55/120
    Defense: 80
    Sp. Attack: 120/55
    Sp. Defense: 100
    Speed: 100

    I don't see the need for a second triangle, and don't do the 'Froakie x4>Fire/Ground!' Because same happened with Sceptile>Swampert. But if there's a second triangle, I'd like

    Chespin-Grass/Electric or Grass/Flying
    Fennekin-Fire/Ground
    Froakie-Water/Flying or Water/Electric.
    It's a nice prediction, but why should the starters be balanced against each other?
    The only time you battle starters is mostly against your rival, and if they choose for 2 rivals like in bw, you choice is not that important.

    I just want 3 awesome starters who make the first choice of the game already a difficult one.

  11. #12886
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blesstoise View Post
    It's a nice prediction, but why should the starters be balanced against each other?
    The only time you battle starters is mostly against your rival, and if they choose for 2 rivals like in bw, you choice is not that important.

    I just want 3 awesome starters who make the first choice of the game already a difficult one.

    I said that myself, but do many people seem to want one.


    I hope the game is like D/P/Pt, where other trainers have starters. It makes it easier to see the one line your rival didn't pick, and makes it seem more like starters by seeing other trainers using them. I remember a youngster who used a Chimchar.

  12. #12887
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ecruteak City, Johto
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    I said that myself, but do many people seem to want one.


    I hope the game is like D/P/Pt, where other trainers have starters. It makes it easier to see the one line your rival didn't pick, and makes it seem more like starters by seeing other trainers using them. I remember a youngster who used a Chimchar.
    That's indeed more real, because in some games it's easier to catch a legendary than see the starter your rival didn't pick.

    But i just hope that you have 2 rivals again, don't know why they never put this in another game.

  13. #12888
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    My 1,000 post!!!!! Woo me! To celebrate, I’m gonna do a big Fennekin analysis!


    Fennekin’s Basis


    Fennekin is obviously a Fennec Fox. A Fennec Fox is an interesting Fire-Type starter, as unlike the others (bar Charmander), it actually has a reason to be Fire-Type. Fennec Foxes use their ears to stop themselves overheating, and also it’s adapted to deserts, meaning chances are it can’t swim. Its name obviously comes from Fennec (Fox) + Kindle. It also makes sense as a starter, as it’s an Exotic Pet. Starters are like pets, and aren’t common, so Fennekin is an Exotic Pet.

    Fennekin is a great starter for a France-Centric region. Look at this!

    The French aviator and writer Antoine de Saint-Exupéry made a reference, in a letter written to his sister Didi from Cape Juby in 1918, to his raising a fennec that he adored. Saint-Exupéry also mentioned encountering a fennec when wandering in the Sahara after his plane crashed there in 1935. The fennecs he had known in these two contexts are considered to have inspired the fox character in Saint-Exupéry's The Little Prince.

    Fennekin’s Design:


    Fennekin is a Fennec Fox like creature, with sandy yellows as its main colours. It has red at the tip of its tail, and red hair in its ears. Sound disgusting, but looks adorable.


    Fennekin’s Moves and Stats


    So far, we’ve seen that Fennekin learns Tackle, Growl and Ember, three moves that it shares with Cyndaquil and Tepig. It also learns Howl, which the other three fox lines (Abra, Vulpix and Zorua) miss. Perhaps it evolves into a more wolf like Pokemon? Or GF just decided to stick howl on it? Perhaps Fennekin will have high attack? Ground-Type attacks are mostly physical, and that seems to be where Fennekin is heading. I guess Fennekin will be a sweeper, or perhaps a tank? I have a problem seeing Fennekin as slow.


    Fennekin’s Types and Abilities

    We know Fennekin is pure Fire-Type, so nothing there. It does look rather plain, so a Pure Fire line wouldn’t be impossible. Fire/Rock is an option, but I doubt it due to Fennekin looking smooth and cute. Fire/Psychic… Foxes are related to magic, but to me Fennekin doesn’t look ‘mystic’ enough. Vulpix has a mystery about it, but Fennekin is just cute, like a puppy. Fire/Flying? No. Just no. Charizard sucked. But it could happen, but I don’t see it. My favourite option is Fire/Ground, as Fennec Foxes are desert creatures, and do dig burrows and things. What type is Dig? Ground ;P

    We guess it has Blaze, so DW Ability wise, I can see it getting Soundproof if it’s Fire or Fire/Psychic. But Fire/Rock and Fire/Ground is where it truly shines. A Sand ability would be nice. Sand Veil/Force/Rush and Stream are all good abilities, with the last three possibly making Fennekin’s evo a beast in the standard metagame. But Fennec Foxes can live for ages without water… and its genus name comes from Dry… Dry Skin? With Dry Skin and being a Fire/Ground, it’d have three resistances and two immunities, with only one weakness! It’d lose its resistance to Fire though. Would make a good Kyogre counter. How Ironic? A Fire/Ground type is Kyogre’s bane. XD But it’d have to watch out for Bizzard/Ice Beam. But seriously, being able to f*ck up Kyogre due to making it avoid using its two best moves (Water Spout/Hydro Pump/Surf and Thunder!) is nothing to laugh at! But it’d be a bit too OP.


    Overall:

    OMGIWANTITRIGHTNOW!!!!I’MGONNACALL IT MOZILLA!!!!!HURRYTHEF*CKUPOCTOBER!!!!!!

  14. #12889
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyberworrier94 View Post
    Well I have a strange take on this, but here is how I picture each starters final evo will end up being:
    Fenniken
    Fire/Psychic: As noted from speculation, each pokemon develops a second type to thwart its opposite. The added Psychic
    Will allow Fenniken to stop its opposite, and with its added defense (I see it as a Fennick Fox has good sense of defense) it
    can protect it self from its opponent.
    Chespin
    Grass/Rock: Since it learns roll out, and its based on a hedgehog, I can assume it will be like a Donphan pkm. Also
    this give him a type advantage over fire as I believe fire is weak to rock. It's added defense will also allow it to
    be safe from other as well.
    Froakie
    Water/Fighting: Flame on, but this balances out the cycle in my little head. Fighting will prove to beat the Rock sub
    type possibly give to Chespin, and allow Fenniken to beat it with ease. It's speed and from what i can tell, base physical
    attack will make fighting type an excellent typing for Froakie, along with its evo looking more like that toad from
    Naruto.
    I hope this is a good guess or wish. Hope this can spark some conversation as well.
    I personally would love to see Grass/Rock Starter Pokemon..but honestly i think Chespin is not going to be Grass/Rock..i would rather have it be Grass/Steel than Grass/Rock..


    Hey guys..i am just walking around.

  15. #12890
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Overall:

    OMGIWANTITRIGHTNOW!!!!I’MGONNACALL IT MOZILLA!!!!!HURRYTHEF*CKUPOCTOBER!!!!!!
    I'm gonna call my Fennekin, "Tomoe" cuz it references one of my favorite romance manga and the main dude character's a fox demon. ;P Anyway, October is only soon to be 4 months away so, we are almost half way done with waiting.. Wait.. Halfway..? I waited for so long and it was only half..? NOOOooooooo! T^T Why god..
    Anime is love, anime is life <3

    If anyone needs version exclusive Pokemon for either X or Y, contact me and I'll catch one for you. Any pokemon. Even the item exclusive like Mewtwonite Y or X

  16. #12891
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    As long as the weekly news from smash is enough to keep us going.. it'll fly by!
    I hope.

    <-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

    Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

  17. #12892
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bolter1 View Post
    Thank you for the feedback! But, remember, Torterra has 95 HP which is not far off from the final evolution's predicted HP, so it can work if the other stats are spread out right and tankish Pokemon are meant moreso to take hits and deal them rather than lay down moves such as Leech Seed which is what support Pokemon do better. As for the typing; to each his own. What type do you think Chespin will end up being?
    Yeah 105 base hp is actually really high and would make a great tank. I think Swampert has base 100 hp, and he's an amazing tank. Mostly due to that and his typing I suppose. I guess I'm just sort of wishing chespin might work sort of like conkeldur, with pretty good defenses and high attack, spamming drain moves to stay alive and dish out punishment. As for typing, I feel it'll be grass and rock/ground/steel, and I pray every night that steel makes the cut. Most likely won't happen though.
    Pokemon White FC: 5372 0625 3855

  18. #12893
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    My 1,000 post!!!!! Woo me! To celebrate, I’m gonna do a big Fennekin analysis!


    Fennekin’s Basis


    Fennekin is obviously a Fennec Fox. A Fennec Fox is an interesting Fire-Type starter, as unlike the others (bar Charmander), it actually has a reason to be Fire-Type. Fennec Foxes use their ears to stop themselves overheating, and also it’s adapted to deserts, meaning chances are it can’t swim. Its name obviously comes from Fennec (Fox) + Kindle. It also makes sense as a starter, as it’s an Exotic Pet. Starters are like pets, and aren’t common, so Fennekin is an Exotic Pet.

    Fennekin is a great starter for a France-Centric region. Look at this!

    The French aviator and writer Antoine de Saint-Exupéry made a reference, in a letter written to his sister Didi from Cape Juby in 1918, to his raising a fennec that he adored. Saint-Exupéry also mentioned encountering a fennec when wandering in the Sahara after his plane crashed there in 1935. The fennecs he had known in these two contexts are considered to have inspired the fox character in Saint-Exupéry's The Little Prince.

    Fennekin’s Design:


    Fennekin is a Fennec Fox like creature, with sandy yellows as its main colours. It has red at the tip of its tail, and red hair in its ears. Sound disgusting, but looks adorable.


    Fennekin’s Moves and Stats


    So far, we’ve seen that Fennekin learns Tackle, Growl and Ember, three moves that it shares with Cyndaquil and Tepig. It also learns Howl, which the other three fox lines (Abra, Vulpix and Zorua) miss. Perhaps it evolves into a more wolf like Pokemon? Or GF just decided to stick howl on it? Perhaps Fennekin will have high attack? Ground-Type attacks are mostly physical, and that seems to be where Fennekin is heading. I guess Fennekin will be a sweeper, or perhaps a tank? I have a problem seeing Fennekin as slow.


    Fennekin’s Types and Abilities

    We know Fennekin is pure Fire-Type, so nothing there. It does look rather plain, so a Pure Fire line wouldn’t be impossible. Fire/Rock is an option, but I doubt it due to Fennekin looking smooth and cute. Fire/Psychic… Foxes are related to magic, but to me Fennekin doesn’t look ‘mystic’ enough. Vulpix has a mystery about it, but Fennekin is just cute, like a puppy. Fire/Flying? No. Just no. Charizard sucked. But it could happen, but I don’t see it. My favourite option is Fire/Ground, as Fennec Foxes are desert creatures, and do dig burrows and things. What type is Dig? Ground ;P

    We guess it has Blaze, so DW Ability wise, I can see it getting Soundproof if it’s Fire or Fire/Psychic. But Fire/Rock and Fire/Ground is where it truly shines. A Sand ability would be nice. Sand Veil/Force/Rush and Stream are all good abilities, with the last three possibly making Fennekin’s evo a beast in the standard metagame. But Fennec Foxes can live for ages without water… and its genus name comes from Dry… Dry Skin? With Dry Skin and being a Fire/Ground, it’d have three resistances and two immunities, with only one weakness! It’d lose its resistance to Fire though. Would make a good Kyogre counter. How Ironic? A Fire/Ground type is Kyogre’s bane. XD But it’d have to watch out for Bizzard/Ice Beam. But seriously, being able to f*ck up Kyogre due to making it avoid using its two best moves (Water Spout/Hydro Pump/Surf and Thunder!) is nothing to laugh at! But it’d be a bit too OP.


    Overall:

    OMGIWANTITRIGHTNOW!!!!I’MGONNACALL IT MOZILLA!!!!!HURRYTHEF*CKUPOCTOBER!!!!!!
    IMHO it does look like it could be a Psychic type. On top of that, it's quite clearly using a Psychic-type move in the trailer.

    On your other post, I disagree with Chespin being Grass/Flying because honestly it would just look ridiculous.
    And why do you think Froakie/Chespin will be part Electric? There's absolutely nothing hinting towards Chespin being Electric, while Froakie doesn't even look electrical, and don't try to say "there's a cloud on its back" because it's not a cloud, it's foam.

    I'm still betting Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting because everything else doesn't make sense or have any evidence IMO. Except Fire/Ground, but just because it's a Fennec fox doesn't mean it has to be Ground type.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  19. #12894
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    870

    Default

    According to chespins bulpedia page he is based off the first mammal meaning it will probably be on all four sin it's final form like most mammals and i also got this link from his bulpedia page


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castanopsis

    based on the pic i say he evolves to have a tree on his head kinda like torterra
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

    3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

    pokedex: complete -

  20. #12895
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    I'm still betting Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting because everything else doesn't make sense or have any evidence IMO. Except Fire/Ground, but just because it's a Fennec fox doesn't mean it has to be Ground type.
    M-Fennekin's post actually convinced me to look at Fennec Foxes, and I can see where Fire/Ground comes from. Looks like Fire/Electric is out XD
    But really a physical Fire/Ground fox would be interesting. Fire/Psychic looks plausible only because that one screenshot it uses a pink wavy move, but other than that, Fennekin may just be Fire/Ground.

    Gah! According to Bulbapedia, Froakie is the shortest starter standing at 0.3m! I hope it grows and improves into a big Water/Fighting, Water/Electric (could be wear a cloud instead of bubble foam when it evolves).

  21. #12896
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Anchored in Sootopolis Bay
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    M-Fennekin's post actually convinced me to look at Fennec Foxes, and I can see where Fire/Ground comes from. Looks like Fire/Electric is out XD
    But really a physical Fire/Ground fox would be interesting. Fire/Psychic looks plausible only because that one screenshot it uses a pink wavy move, but other than that, Fennekin may just be Fire/Ground.

    Gah! According to Bulbapedia, Froakie is the shortest starter standing at 0.3m! I hope it grows and improves into a big Water/Fighting, Water/Electric (could be wear a cloud instead of bubble foam when it evolves).
    I'm think Froakie will be a water frog version of Infernape and I am happy about that.
    I think he will also have the gold trim in his design like Infernape and Emboar, I think the three make the "Journey to the west" trio.

    Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

  22. #12897
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    According to chespins bulpedia page he is based off the first mammal meaning it will probably be on all four sin it's final form like most mammals and i also got this link from his bulpedia page
    That is a speculation by many players because it is the first obviously mammalian grass starter. However, all it's names and it's design point to it either being a hedgehog or porcupine (mostly hedgehog). And the first mammals didn't have spines. And posture is pretty unpredictable in pokemon. Zigzagoon is a raccoon, but it doesn't stand upright (at least in any official capacity I've seen), while rhydon is a rhinocerous that stands on two limbs. And in general, going from bipedal to quadrupedal in pokemon is uncommon - Honestly, Dewott is the only one to come to mind right away. (Part of why samurott was so bizarre to me, I think)

  23. #12898
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avi604 View Post
    I'm think Froakie will be a water frog version of Infernape and I am happy about that.
    I think he will also have the gold trim in his design like Infernape and Emboar, I think the three make the "Journey to the west" trio.
    I agree with you on all your points. I wouldn't mind the gold design either(since it looks cool), but it seems kind of unoriginal/repetitive.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  24. #12899
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Anchored in Sootopolis Bay
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    I agree with you on all your points. I wouldn't mind the gold design either(since it looks cool), but it seems kind of unoriginal/repetitive.
    But when it ties the three together as all based from a chinese epic I don't see it as unoriginal but thats just me.

    Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

  25. #12900
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    I'm sure Fennekin's second move was Growl or something. Didn't the other moves in the original trailers make damage noises? >0< But I hope that was a placeholder cry and not Fennekin's real one. It sounds like Pikachu getting raped by a knife >_<

    With that disproved, where's the proof Fennekin's a Fire/Psychic type? They've never done a second triangle, why would they have to do one now?

    And Fennekin's habitat is still a reliable thing. All of the starter's second types had a meaning:

    Venesaur-Grass/Poison-Poisonous flowers.
    Charizard-Fire/Flying-Dragons have wings (usually!)
    Blaziken-Fire/Fighting-**** Fights!
    Swampert-Water/Ground-The Animal It's based off of! (Like something called a Mud Puppy or something? Or at least Mudkip is.) And it's amphibious (Did I spell it right?)
    Torterra-Grass/Ground-The world turtle
    Infernape-F/F-Journey to the West!
    Empoleon-Water/Steel-Penguins are resistant creatures, able to live in Antarctic areas.
    Emboar-F/F-Journey to the West!


    Despite the whole 'Magical Fox' that has been pulled by Abra, and to a lesser extent Vulpix and Zorua, what else is there to support Fire/Psychic?

    Grass/Steel Chespin, Fire/Ground Fennekin and Water/Ice Froakie look good for me.

    (Water/Flying isn't because of the Foam, it's because Foam looks like Snow, as well as the fact I think Foam can freeze. If you disagree with the whole Foam looks like Snow thing, look at this!)

Page 516 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 416466506512513514515516517518519520526566616 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •