View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 113 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 13631031091101111121131141151161171231632131113 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

I think that Fennekin will be etheir Fire/Ghost or Fire/Psychic if it is going for an Egypgian theme. As for Froakie, it reminds me of a Bull Frog by just looking at the look of it.

Friend Code: Listed in code spoiler!
    Pokémon Safari Type: Dark
    Pokémon in Safari: Liepard, Nuzleaf, Crawdaunt (Spiecal thanks to mwrspeedy29 and Shao-May)
        Spoiler:- Code Section:

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    If color schemes can equal types, then Dunsparce and Pikachu are both Electric types.
    It was't just the color scheme I was comparing, though. It was the placement of those characteristics. The same yellow EYES, light blue SKIN with dark blue ACCENTS, and a white appendage resembling a CLOUD. These aren't just random colors. They're an identical color-characteristic scheme.

This is a great point, but I don't believe that GameFreak would take something not developed by their own individual company.
    Neither do I. What I DO think is that Cyclos/Zephos and Thundurus/Tornadus are based on the same real world legend. Also, to my knowledge Junichi Masuda was involved in the making of both games so it isn't a stretch to see this idea revisited again.

The Pouch on its back looks more like a sack....
    I don't think it looks much like at all but there's not much to argue on that.

That doesn't make sense. Elaborate on how Ben/froakie look alike at all.
    Ahem...

The to white circles where it's nose would be resemble spectacles. The cloud/sack resemble Ben's receding hairline. The front of the cloud/sack may resemble the fluff of a white dress shirt of the time, while the white hands may resemble either white gloves, or even Ben's hands coming out of his dress coat. Also, just Froakie's pensive expression ties it all together for me.

Like I said, that one is a stretch in my opinion. But once someone mentioned it, I saw it clearly.
    I don't see any resemblance. No yellow eyes, certainly no light blue skin.

I can't see anything in these pictures that would look alike.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

If color schemes can equal types, then Dunsparce and Pikachu are both Electric types.
    It was't just the color scheme I was comparing, though. It was the placement of those characteristics. The same yellow EYES, light blue SKIN with dark blue ACCENTS, and a white appendage resembling a CLOUD. These aren't just random colors. They're an identical color-characteristic scheme.

This is a great point, but I don't believe that GameFreak would take something not developed by their own individual company.
    Neither do I. What I DO think is that Cyclos/Zephos and Thundurus/Tornadus are based on the same real world legend. Also, to my knowledge Junichi Masuda was involved in the making of both games so it isn't a stretch to see this idea revisited again.

Ahem...

The to white circles where it's nose would be resemble spectacles. The cloud/sack resemble Ben's receding hairline. The front of the cloud/sack may resemble the fluff of a white dress shirt of the time, while the white hands may resemble either white gloves, or even Ben's hands coming out of his dress coat. Also, just Froakie's pensive expression ties it all together for me.

Like I said, that one is a stretch in my opinion. But once someone mentioned it, I saw it clearly.
    This sounds like someone's been thinking too much.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    I don't see any resemblance. No yellow eyes, certainly no light blue skin.

I can't see anything in these pictures that would look alike.
    -_-...

Obviously Ben's eyes aren't yellow and his skin isn't blue. First of all, IT'S JUST A POKEMON. Secondly, I already suggested that Froakie's blue torso with the fluff coming out could be made to resemble a dress/military coat, like I dunno, THE ONE HE'S WEARING IN THE IMAGE. They aren't going to make a Pokemon that's based off a human being look identical to the person. Because then it would JUST BE A PERSON. For a frog that's supposed to not only look like a water type and a starter Pokemon, but ALSO theoretically resemble Benjamin Franklin, I think Froakie does a damn good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    I sure hope that Gamefreak "thinks too much" when designing Pokemon.

An argument on whether or not Froakie looks like Ben? Didn't the majority of people say he did back in the beginning of this thread? I personally think it's a stretch to say that he has no resemblance at all. Froakie does look like a cute little old man, but that's just my opinion, so oh well.

-_-...

Obviously Ben's eyes aren't yellow and his skin isn't blue. First of all, IT'S JUST A POKEMON. Secondly, I already suggested that Froakie's blue torso with the fluff coming out could be made to resemble a dress/military coat, like I dunno, THE ONE HE'S WEARING IN THE IMAGE. They aren't going to make a Pokemon that's based off a human being look identical to the person. Because then it would JUST BE A PERSON. For a frog that's supposed to not only look like a water type and a starter Pokemon, but ALSO theoretically resemble Benjamin Franklin, I think Froakie does a damn good job.
    enough said.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    enough said.
    Honestly, I proved my point and I really don't see any good argument against it so I'm satisfied.

i stll think that there is a chance that froakie is water electric and it would be pretty coll if u think about it. If not i would want it to be a water dark because the game seriously needs one. as for fennekin, its a pretty good chance that it is going to be fire psychic and chespin should be grass fighting

-_-...

I sure hope that Gamefreak "thinks too much" when designing Pokemon.
    And then Fennekin's shiny swaps the red for blue that's similar to Umbreon because everyone loves Umbreon and they would look alike and then the blue would light up at night like Umbreon because everyone loves Umbreon and it counts as the new Eeveelution and Flareon is banished from the Pokedex because Fennekin is the new Fire Eevee and the two become the mascots of new 6th gen games in Kanto where the two fight over their legitimacy but it ends in fruitition because Fennekin is the dominant race.
    Therefore,
    POKEMON GREEN REMAKE CONFIRMED.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeFroakie View Post
    i stll think that there is a chance that froakie is water electric and it would be pretty coll if u think about it. If not i would want it to be a water dark because the game seriously needs one. as for fennekin, its a pretty good chance that it is going to be fire psychic and chespin should be grass fighting
    Lol, do you forget Carvanha? Sharpedo? Crawdaunt? There are PLENTY of Water/Dark!

Ahem...

Now I see it. Dammit.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

but none r a starter or evolve into a 3rd state so it would be a more powerful and defensive water dark type
    Lol, do you forget Carvanha? Sharpedo? Crawdaunt? There are PLENTY of Water/Dark!

And then Fennekin's shiny swaps the red for blue that's similar to Umbreon because everyone loves Umbreon and they would look alike and then the blue would light up at night like Umbreon because everyone loves Umbreon and it counts as the new Eeveelution and Flareon is banished from the Pokedex because Fennekin is the new Fire Eevee and the two become the mascots of new 6th gen games in Kanto where the two fight over their legitimacy but it ends in fruitition because Fennekin is the dominant race.
    Therefore,
    Seems legit. I see no reason at all to doubt that!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

I have a feeling that we may see new types for the starters.
    I'm thinking Chespin will turn into Grass/Water as i believe it very closely resembles a beaver having the buck tooth is a give away and beavers are known for living in water and cutting down trees to make dams.
    Fennekin obviously resembles the Fennec Fox which live in burrows so I think that it will gain the ground type as it evolves making it Fire/Ground.
    Froakie i think will become Water/Ice because its name is similar to frosty and it is a light blue with a lot of white, leading me to believe it might become an ice type.
    Thoughts everyone?

Therefore,
    This is honestly stupid. I'm debating on what a Pokemon may be based off of. You're just being a troll. My points were perfectly valid and not even remotely outlandish. This is childish and rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Now I see it. Dammit.
    Hahahahahahaha!!!!!! That was my EXACT reaction when I first made the connection, lol.

This is honestly stupid. I'm debating on what a Pokemon may be based off of. You're just being a troll. My points were perfectly valid and not even remotely outlandish. This is childish and rude.
    Don't pay that no mind, they too blind to see that Chespin going be the awesome starter here XD

Quote Originally Posted by Keano View Post
    I'm thinking Chespin will turn into Grass/Water as i believe it very closely resembles a beaver having the buck tooth is a give away and beavers are known for living in water and cutting down trees to make dams.
    Fennekin obviously resembles the Fennec Fox which live in burrows so I think that it will gain the ground type as it evolves making it Fire/Ground.
    Froakie i think will become Water/Ice because its name is similar to frosty and it is a light blue with a lot of white, leading me to believe it might become an ice type.
    Thoughts everyone?
    No ****in way about chespin. Starters never take another's type. It's probably, like, a rule.

And I agree with upabove poster.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sheyenne thunderstorm View Post
    don't pay that no mind, they too blind to see that chespin going be the awesome starter here xd
    chespin fo' life!!!

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!! That was my EXACT reaction when I first made the connection, lol.
    I honestly saw the connection as soon as I laid eye on the image. I really liked it, because it made my idea of Froakie being an smart elder frog seems more legit!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Thoughts everyone?
    Chespin probably be Grass and Steel or Grass and Fighting or just Grass. Also it's not a beaver it's a hedgehog

Thoughts everyone?
    Not so much on the Chespin theory, but I completely agree with Fennekin and Froakie. Although I personally think Fire/Psychic and Water/Electric, Fire/Ground and Water/Ice are my second theories for each and I wouldn't be surprised if they both turned out that way. Plus the "foam" on Froakie's back easily be made to resemble snow, so that's a bonus to your points.

FINALLY someone else who hasn't jumped the band Dark/Psychic/Fighting bandwagon, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeFroakie View Post
    but none r a starter or evolve into a 3rd state so it would be a more powerful and defensive water dark type
    Very true.
    Last edited by Tickle Me Cooper; 12th January 2013 at 3:27 AM.

Not so much on the Chespin theory, but I completely agree with Fennekin and Froakie. Although I personally think Fire/Psychic and Water/Electric, Fire/Ground and Water/Ice are my second theories for each and I wouldn't be surprised if they both turned out that way. Plus the "foam" on Froakie's back easily be made to resemble snow, so that's a bonus to your points.

FINALLY someone else who hasn't jumped the band Dark/Psychic/Fighting bandwagon, lol.

Very true.
    The only thing I see Froakie being is just Water or Water/Flying.
    Finnkin might be psychic, I hate it with a passion.
    However I love to see Chespin turn into a Grass and fighting type even Grass and steel.

yeah good call with the fire/psychic i'm not sure they would give a starter a 4x weakness so it may turn out to be a psychic, i think we're onto something with the water/ice!

I got the feeling the three starters will not have their own secondary types. Please...I hope there will have different creations in terms of their types this time.

yeah good call with the fire/psychic i'm not sure they would give a starter a 4x weakness so it may turn out to be a psychic, i think we're onto something with the water/ice!
    Charizard
    Torterra
    Swampert

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Page 113 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 13631031091101111121131141151161171231632131113 ... LastLast