View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 125 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 25751151211221231241251261271281291351752251125 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

I'd really like to see grass/dark for Chespin. It would provide an interesting range on attacks (potentially a decent defensive typing too, even taking its weaknesses into account)

Again, I don't think the second type for the starters should be based on the second move used by them in trailer.
    Except for Bulbasaur, no starter has had a second type in its base form. Yeah, they can do it again. But, not with all 3 starters!!!
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    Again, I don't think the second type for the starters should be based on the second move used by them in trailer.
    Except for Bulbasaur, no starter has had a second type in its base form. Yeah, they can do it again. But, not with all 3 starters!!!
    For the second types, we are talking about their evolutions first.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    Seriously, Fire/Fighting has been done for almost ten years now. Don't you think some variety would be nice? And, I seriously don't mind fire types weakness to fire. i mean, that's why you catch other pokémon, to feel optimize your party and cover weaknesses, correct? And I, particularly, like double typings that are normaly super effective on each other. It is interesting seeing how well they do togheter (and covers weaknesses at the same time!).
    It really doesn't bother me... I mean understand people are tired of it because of it being used so many times but say that fake evolution of Fennekin was real. I would take it in a heartbeat because I love the way it looks. The way I look at is that it could be pure fire without any extras. Which is nice (Cyndaquil!) but at least it has a little extra something. Honestly I know its getting old to some but it doesn't bother me...
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

Can you give a logical reason why they "cant" or even "shouldn't" other than "no starter but bulbasaur has had secondary types in their base form"? because really that's a weak argument.
    Black 2 friend code: 5029 - 2526 - 6528
    Bane of DWF breeders: 12.5% female rates...
        Spoiler:- DWF in stock:

Spoiler:- DWF breedable on request:

Spoiler:- DWF requests:

Spoiler:- white list:

Spoiler:- black list:

DWF in stock and or those that need to be breeded are likely to change daily, if not in stock simply tell me what one you want and I'll breed it ASAP.

We aren't talking about the base forms at all. we are discussing evolutions, because they are starter evolutions! what an Amazing feat, dontcha think?
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Honestly, I would actually like to see them all have secondary types in their base forms. Who says that because they were mainly pure types in the past, that it has to be so in the future? Change is a good thing sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingudora View Post
    Grass/Steel maybe? A metal chestnut hedgehog! Not too far from Ferrothorn though..
    Let's say that the pure grass (starter) pokemon has too many weaknesses.. And when you put on it a cool second type (9 on 16) it gets a x4 (Dark; Ground; Flying; Steel; Dragon; Fight; Bug; Psychic; Ice)
    Counting that a grass starter will never gain a water or fire second type, imo the only other cool types are Electric, Rock and Ghost (with Poison already used and Normal not that improving). Hoping Chespin will be a grass/rock type..
    I'm going with Frokie anyway..XD

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    Let's say that the pure grass (starter) pokemon has too many weaknesses.. And when you put on it a cool second type (9 on 16) it gets a x4 (Dark; Ground; Flying; Steel; Dragon; Fight; Bug; Psychic; Ice)
    Counting that a grass starter will never gain a water or fire second type, imo the only other cool types are Electric, Rock and Ghost (with Poison already used and Normal not that improving). Hoping Chespin will be a grass/rock type..
    Simple minded. Even if a pokemon have more weakness by types doesn't mean it's weak or beat up a fire or another type that they are weak against. I got my Emboar bring down many Water and Flying pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheyenne Thunderstorm View Post
    Simple minded. Even if a pokemon have more weakness by types doesn't mean it's weak or beat up a fire or another type that they are weak against. I got my Emboar bring down many Water and Flying pokemon.
    Sorry..Who said that? Simply stating that grass type has a base of 5 weaknesses, while fire has 3 and water just 2.. I know it all changes with stats and movesets.. But about weaknesses grass types are more disadvantaged then fire and water types..

Froakie's nose bubbles look they may become a mustaches!! Water/Ice
    Chespin's hat look like it may turn into an armor!! Grass / Ground or Rock
    And Fennekin's head lines look like a seal third eye!! Fire / Psychic

Quote Originally Posted by EliJolesy View Post
    It really doesn't bother me... I mean understand people are tired of it because of it being used so many times but say that fake evolution of Fennekin was real. I would take it in a heartbeat because I love the way it looks. The way I look at is that it could be pure fire without any extras. Which is nice (Cyndaquil!) but at least it has a little extra something. Honestly I know its getting old to some but it doesn't bother me...
    ^this. I prefer aesthetics with pokemon myself. If a pokemon is amazing battle wise but I hate the design I wont ever even consider using it (darmanitan) while I would be a bit annoyed if we get another fire fighter, if he looks cool he looks cool. I personally didn't like that fake fennekin evolution because the paws look to strange and i think he should be thinner, he doesn't look graceful like fennekin does. Its a good drawing but not my style
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

based on what the starters are based on in real life a chestnut is generally very hard to break so the secondairy typing could be either rock or steel (bot would be good deffensively) However! based on the trailer when we saw it using what looked like night slash it could very well be dark type, unless that was actually froakie using night slash... that would be awks, anywho, on a side note, there's the move pin missile that chespin will most likely learn, does that mean that it's going to be a bug type? if so it would be interresting, however based on the colour scheme it could also be ground (though i doubt it, even game freak realized torterra's typing wasn't that great) recap: chespin Grass, possible second types, dark, steel, rock, bug, ground

based on fennekin, it's using psychic, or at the very least what has traditionally been psychic or a psychic move, so let's go with a psychic typing. also, there's the possibility of it being a ghost type based on the world location of a fennec fox (sahara) and it's relation to genies maybe? or am I stretching this a little bit? recap: fennekin fire, possible secondary typing: psychic, ghost

now for Froakie, actually in this instance I would like to point out that if the region is based on france empoleon would be a more appropriate starter (because of it's likeness to the emperor napoleon) regardless. the past few water starters have looked kinda like warriors, samurott = samurai, empoleon = napoleon, swampert... well it looks like it's got football padding right? anyways, if the other two starters are fire/psychic and grass/dark game freak might decide to make it water fighting to make battles slightly more interresting (like in DPPt they had ground to counter fire on torterra, steel to resist grass on empoleon, and fighting to fight steel on infernape) so there's that even though i would personally preffer a rock paper scissors style. so other than fighting, it could also be flying. it looks like it's got a cloud on it's back right? that could be something, so we can't rule out flying (even though it would make it OP compared to the other two starters typewise) it could just be straight up water, I mean all of it's other language translations suggest frogs and bubbles, so maybe just water? recap: froakie: water, possible second type, fighting flying

overall my predictions are fire/psychic,grass/rock,water

Quote Originally Posted by EliJolesy View Post
    Honestly though, I'd prefer it being a pure fire type. I love Cyndaquil! But, yeah, having that said, that fake evolution doesn't look bad, but, for me, having it being another Fire/Fighting would kinda kill my interest on it. I mean, they could've taken a route and make Fennekin unique. Or make it a fire/fighting type that brings nothing new to the table. I, personally, would prefer them doing something else. After three Fire/Fighting starters in a row, I think they kinda exausted all the possibilities with them. Actually, when Emboar came, the possibilities were already exausted.
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    Honestly though, I'd prefer it being a pure fire type. I love Cyndaquil! But, yeah, having that said, that fake evolution doesn't look bad, but, for me, having it being another Fire/Fighting would kinda kill my interest on it. I mean, they could've taken a route and make Fennekin unique. Or make it a fire/fighting type that brings nothing new to the table. I, personally, would prefer them doing something else. After three Fire/Fighting starters in a row, I think they kinda exausted all the possibilities with them. Actually, when Emboar came, the possibilities were already exausted.
    We said that for gen 5 (How could, after 2 gen of fire/fight, a pig, a black, four legs pig, become fight? ---> It happened -.-)..I'm starting to believe that fire/fight has become the new fire starter.. Maybe they will give fennekin a third type..XD

I think Grass/Rock would give Chespin an edge against Flying types who always seem to have advantages over Grass types.

We said that for gen 5 (How could, after 2 gen of fire/fight, a pig, a black, four legs pig, become fight? ---> It happened -.-)..I'm starting to believe that fire/fight has become the new fire starter.. Maybe they will give fennekin a third type..XD
    Third types can make countering other Pokémons' types difficult. Also it would downgrade previous generation Pokémon because three types would give Pokémon three STABs and that doesn't seem fair.
    Last edited by Blackjack the Titan; 12th January 2013 at 7:48 PM.

Here's my two bits:

Chespin The move it uses is clearly Aerial Ace, which implies that the final evolution of Chespin will involve swordplay of some sort. Prediction: Grass/Steel or Grass/Fighting

Fennekin The move it uses in the trailer is clearly an unidentified move of the Psychic-type, this one seems the most obvious: Prediction: Fire/Psychic

Froakie I'm assuming the move it uses in the trailer is Payback, given its seemingly regal appearance I'm assuming its final form will somewhat resemble a court jester. Prediction: Water/Dark

I just saw a fanart on Fennekin that I actually think it will be more and less like it:
    Second Stage
    Third Stage

Quote Originally Posted by rootsofjustice View Post
    Here's my two bits:

Chespin The move it uses is clearly Aerial Ace, which implies that the final evolution of Chespin will involve swordplay of some sort. Prediction: Grass/Steel or Grass/Fighting

Fennekin The move it uses in the trailer is clearly an unidentified move of the Psychic-type, this one seems the most obvious: Prediction: Fire/Psychic

Froakie I'm assuming the move it uses in the trailer is Payback, given its seemingly regal appearance I'm assuming its final form will somewhat resemble a court jester. Prediction: Water/Dark
    I doubt it's Aerial Ace since the actual attack is black/dark purple. I think the attack Froakie is using is Acrobatics or Close Combat. You have really good evidence though.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Here's my two bits:

That's true, but Leafeon is ALSO able to learn Aerial Ace as well. And it's a pure Grass type.

What about Fire/Ghost. After all, Ghost Types also are well verst in Psychic moves as well.

The bottem line is that we can't really tell untill they annouce new information about it. Untill then, all we can do is sepculate.

Friend Code: Listed in code spoiler!
    Pokémon Safari Type: Dark
    Pokémon in Safari: Liepard, Nuzleaf, Crawdaunt (Spiecal thanks to mwrspeedy29 and Shao-May)
        Spoiler:- Code Section:

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    I just saw a fanart on Fennekin that I actually think it will be more and less like it:
    Second Stage
    Third Stage
    The second stage looks way too much like an Overgrown Fennekin to actually look real IMO, and the third stage seems like a Ninetails/Rabidash hybrid, which i am actually fine with.

nevertheless, these look like pure fire types, but I don't think they look that great. Especially the second stage.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    The second stage looks way too much like an Overgrown Fennekin to actually look real IMO, and the third stage seems like a Ninetails/Rabidash hybrid, which i am actually fine with.
    nevertheless, these look like pure fire types, but I don't think they look that great. Especially the second stage.
    You know, I perceived both as Psychic as well. Maybe due the hype, so I guess I'm too biased to make a good judgement. Nevertheless, the third stage shown there makes me imagine how awesome it would be to ride on that Pokemon 8D

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post

I really like the third stage to be honest; and my mind is twisting my eyes, a bit, so it looks more or less Fire/Psychic to me.

I have every right to be the better person for no reason whatsoever. Life is about doing the right thing and leaving people with a good idea of who you are and what your ideals are.

Please click! I'll give you a cookie! :3

Second Stage
    Third Stage
    Love those evos and they look legit^^
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Second Stage
    Third Stage
    I freakin love what they did with Chespin's evo. I always knew he would be somewhat a ninja hedgehog.

I like this fake evo better for Fenne's. There was a discussion of her having a third eye which is pretty dope.

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    I doubt it's Aerial Ace since the actual attack is black/dark purple. I think the attack Froakie is using is Acrobatics or Close Combat. You have really good evidence though.
    Gen V Aerial Ace had a black/red background.
        Spoiler:- Ninja'd:

However you'll never know.
    Last edited by german suplex; 12th January 2013 at 8:11 PM.

Page 125 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 25751151211221231241251261271281291351752251125 ... LastLast