View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 126 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 26761161221231241251261271281291301361762261126 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Third types can make countering other Pokémons' types difficult. Also it would downgrade previous generation Pokémon because three types would give Pokémon three STABs and that doesn't seem fair.
    I was ironic man..

What type of stats do you think the starters will have?

Chespin: High defenses and HP, decent Attack, low speed and low Sp Attack
    Fennekin: High Sp Attack, decent Speed and decent Sp. Defense, low Defense and low Attack, low HP
    Froakie: High Speed and Attack, decent Defense, alright Sp. Attack, low HP and low Sp Defense
    Last edited by Shraeder; 12th January 2013 at 7:20 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    I was checking all starters best stats:

Grass
    1) Venusaur --> Sp. Att./Sp. Def.
    2) Meganium --> Def./Sp. Def
    3) Sceptile --> Sp. Att./Speed
    4) Torterra --> Att./Def.
    5) Serperior --> Def./Sp. Def./ Speed
    Total: Att. x1; Def. x3; Sp. Att. x2; Sp. Def. x3; Speed x2 (None for HP actually)
    6) Chespin --> It would quite sure be an attack, I would say Att./ Sp. Att, cause it's never happened for a grass starter, or maybe HP/Attack.

Fire
    1) Charizard --> Sp. Att./ Speed
    2) Typhlosion --> Sp. Att./ Speed
    3) Blaziken --> Att./ Sp. Att.
    4) Infernape --> Att./ Sp. Att.
    5) Emboar --> (HP)/ Att./Sp. Att.
    Total: Att. x3; Def. x0; Sp. Att. x5; Sp. Def. x0; Speed x2; HP x1
    6) Fennekin --> Now, I mean, a Def./Sp. Def. fire starter could come after 16 years.. But if they continue with tradition (I mean, just to find a sort of sad originality) then I would say Att./Speed (or Sp. Att./Sp. Def if it becomes Psychic type).

Water
    1) Blastoise --> Def./Sp. Def.
    2) Feraligatr --> Att./ Def.
    3) Swampert --> Hp/ Att. (I could count all except speed here, Def. and Sp. Def if we don't count Hp .. Really good stats)
    4) Empoleon --> Sp. Att./ Sp. Def.
    5) Samurott --> Att./Sp. Att.
    Total: Att. x3; Def. x2; Sp. Att. x2; Sp. Def. x2; Speed x0; HP x1
    6) Froakie: --> Definitively we need a fast water starter.. I would say Speed/ Sp. Attack (counting swampert Def./Sp. Def. were high too) or Speed/Def/Sp. Def.

Obviously it's just speculation.. Looking at all the fire/fighting Att./ Sp. Att starters we can clearly deduce they always do what they want..
    I posted this before..

I have a feeling those three things on Fennekin's forehead will open up and become eyes as it evolves. That would be nice.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    I like this fake evo better for Fenne's. There was a discussion of her having a third eye which is pretty dope.
    That's beautiful

I have every right to be the better person for no reason whatsoever. Life is about doing the right thing and leaving people with a good idea of who you are and what your ideals are.

Please click! I'll give you a cookie! :3

Grass
    Total: Att. x1; Def. x3; Sp. Att. x2; Sp. Def. x3; Speed x2 (None for HP actually)
    6) Chespin --> It would quite sure be an attack, I would say Att./ Sp. Att, cause it's never happened for a grass starter, or maybe HP/Attack.

Fire
    6) Fennekin --> Now, I mean, a Def./Sp. Def. fire starter could come after 16 years.. But if they continue with tradition (I mean, just to find a sort of sad originality) then I would say Att./Speed (or Sp. Att./Sp. Def if it becomes Psychic type).

Water
    3) Swampert --> Hp/ Att. (I could count all except speed here, Def. and Sp. Def if we don't count Hp .. Really good stats)
    6) Froakie: --> Definitively we need a fast water starter.. I would say Speed/ Sp. Attack (counting swampert Def./Sp. Def. were high too) or Speed/Def/Sp. Def.

Obviously it's just speculation.. Looking at all the fire/fighting Att./ Sp. Att starters we can clearly deduce they always do what they want..
    That is a very good analysis, like seriously. I totally dig it.

Well this is what I hope they'll be
    Chespin: Att/Sp Att
    Fennekin: Sp Att/Sp Def
    Froakie: Speed/Def/Sp Def

I was ironic man..
    *Sarcastic

I posted this before..

Grass

Fire

Water

Maybe this time Fennekin's best stats will be Sp. Att and Speed since it's a fox. GameFreak should make a change in starters and I'm sure they do observe fans' opinions on certain issues in the game.
    About Froakie, I don't really see a frog Pokémon being a fast Pokémon. However, Froakie does look like a tree frog, so Speed may be its second highest. Other than that it should be another Attack Pokémon, but let's see what GameFreak does.

I like this fake evo better for Fenne's.
    Dat evo!
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

although type discussion is good and all but, I wanna ask ppl what types of attack you want on their movepool? (starters)

I for 1 energybeam for fennekin-line, better than solar beam or grass knot for the last 2 gens and no w8ing. Thou i still dont get the reason how come no special electric type move has ever been teachable to fire types.

water has 2 weakness that doesnt have common ground but they mostly get counter moves for them in ice beam and 1 ground attack for electric. so no need to worry for froakie

For chespin, grass type is always a pain the back side at the 1st glance but by learning 1 rock move they can actually have a good counter. Thou most cases they couldnt.

So i actually want every single starter to learn 1 attack that can counter their weaknesses regardless of typing. What about you?

I freakin love what they did with Chespin's evo. I always knew he would be somewhat a ninja hedgehog.

I like this fake evo better for Fenne's. There was a discussion of her having a third eye which is pretty dope.
    That was one of the coolest fanarts I've seen for Fennekins evolutions. If it looks anything like this, I'll be a happy Fennekin trainer!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

*Sarcastic

Maybe this time Fennekin's best stats will be Sp. Att and Speed since it's a fox. GameFreak should make a change in starters and I'm sure they do observe fans' opinions on certain issues in the game.
    Let me say that Sp. Att./ Speed is not that change (Charizard/Typhlosion).. I don't think also that fennekin being a fox or froakie being a frog makes them faster or not.. I mean Venusaur and Blaziken have actually 80 base speed.. Imagine them running together.. -.-

I love the way that looks, and maybe its because I hope beyond hope that fennekin is fire/psychic, but that looks a bit too fire-y..to me. Not every fire pokemon needs to be covered in flames and be all like "I'M MADE OF FIRE, SUP?"
    Black 2 friend code: 5029 - 2526 - 6528
    Bane of DWF breeders: 12.5% female rates...
        Spoiler:- DWF in stock:

Spoiler:- DWF breedable on request:

Spoiler:- DWF requests:

Spoiler:- white list:

Spoiler:- black list:

DWF in stock and or those that need to be breeded are likely to change daily, if not in stock simply tell me what one you want and I'll breed it ASAP.

Let me say that Sp. Att./ Speed is not that change (Charizard/Typhlosion).. I don't think also that fennekin being a fox or froakie being a frog makes them faster or not.. I mean Venusaur and Blaziken have actually 80 base speed.. Imagine them running together.. -.-
    Well, it's a change from Att/SpAtt bases. But if maybe Fennekin can also be SpDef, a special tank for a Fire starter would be fresh from straight out attack Fire starters.

I'm just hoping personally, that we have a fast Water starter this gen. Maybe Froakie doesn't gain that much weight as it evolves unlike Palpitoad to Seismitoad.

I'm really leaning towards Chespin, right now. I really believe that people will regret choosing Fennekin, in a similar way as Snivy. Everyone loved Snivy, but then he was kind of terrible. I have a feeling Fennekin is going to end up being the same way.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Think I'll go for Froakie, Chespin looks way to Pachirusu/emolga while Fennekin looks like a Digimon.
    I really hope Froakie will be Water + Poison later on. That will be an great addition since there are only (3 water/poison in total) imo, I will go with Froakie when the time comes.

Looking for active friend codes of people that love to do Multi battles.
    No skill level required but dont use Ubers. Give me a PM/VM with your friend code so we can become friends and enjoy some great Multi battles !
    my fc = 0705 4374 1566

Grass

Fire

Water

That's some really good speculation. I agree that Chespin will be a Att/Sp.Att, he reminds me of Oshawot and I can only see his evolutions going toward something like Samurott or maybe into a Att/Def evo. But I think no matter what he's going to be Attack.
    Also yeah if Fennekin does turn out to be Psychic maybe he'll be Sp.Att/ Sp.Def. He could be Sp.Att/Speed though. Maybe they will go after the fact that its a fox and go with speed. Idk.
    I'm not so sure on Speed with Froakie. If it turns into fighting he might be Att/Def or Att/Sp.Att but seeing as there are no Speed water starters Froakie might be the first.

White FC: 4727 7654 4502

Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    ^this. I prefer aesthetics with pokemon myself. If a pokemon is amazing battle wise but I hate the design I wont ever even consider using it (darmanitan) while I would be a bit annoyed if we get another fire fighter, if he looks cool he looks cool. I personally didn't like that fake fennekin evolution because the paws look to strange and i think he should be thinner, he doesn't look graceful like fennekin does. Its a good drawing but not my style
    I totally agree. While I do take stats and types into account, at the end of the day, if the Pokemon doesn't appeal to me I won't use it (Tepig and his kin). I'll even use Pokemon most consider awful if they're charming enough aesthetically.

That being said, I really hope they don't make another Fire/Fighting starter. I'll probably use it anyway, but it really is getting old. I mean, this is the first time I actually want to pick the fire starter before any other. I hope they get a little creative with it, or at the very least don't keep rehashing what they always do.
    Last edited by Starsurfer; 19th January 2013 at 10:22 AM.
    I hereby claim the starter Fennekin and its Evolutions for my first run of Pokemon X

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature!
    (Started by SapphireL)

My White 2 team:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    I wonder when we'll get info and pictures on the evolutions of the starters...I'm hoping by next week.
    Don't we all?

Quote Originally Posted by Azulart View Post
    Think I'll go for Froakie, Chespin looks way to Pachirusu/emolga while Fennekin looks like a Digimon.
    I really hope Froakie will be Water + Poison later on. That will be an great addition since there are only (3 water/poison in total) imo, I will go with Froakie when the time comes.
    Chespin might look odd now but wait for it's evolution. I think it'll turn into something awesome.
    A Water/Poison starter would actually be amazing. I never thought of that but I'm going with what everyone else is saying, Water/Fighting. While Water/Poison might only have 3, Water/Fighting only has Keldeo. I am kinda sick of any type of Fighting starter though so a part of me hopes your right.

White FC: 4727 7654 4502

But isn't it OBVIOUS Froakie is Ice/water?! Does no one else see it?

Quote Originally Posted by penguinry View Post
    No, nothing is obvious at this point besides the first type. The rest is just wild guessing.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

anybody think we will get some gameplay or more starter info on smash today?

Well, it's a change from Att/SpAtt bases. But if maybe Fennekin can also be SpDef, a special tank for a Fire starter would be fresh from straight out attack Fire starters.

I'm just hoping personally, that we have a fast Water starter this gen. Maybe Froakie doesn't gain that much weight as it evolves unlike Palpitoad to Seismitoad.
    A partial change imo would be not best Sp. Att. cause we have already 5 fire starters with great sp. att. I would say that a speed, well defensed fire starter would be the only real innovation.
    About Froakie, I really hope it won't become another fat, ugly Seismitod/Toxicroag and please let it stay four legs.. It has a lot of possibilities on design and typing, just hope not another Tepig--> Emboar abomination..
    Last edited by john90; 12th January 2013 at 8:13 PM.

I can see wher eyou get the idea that froakie is ice/water, and it would make sense if game freak wanted to give it a fighting chhance against the grass type, but it's bubbles not frost, and the frost part of the name could also be the FROg part of the name, I mean they are the same.

Although I chose Fennekin on the poll, I see some potential in Froakie (just noticed its name is a combo of frog and SOAK).
    Out of all the speculation coming with web sources and pictures, I liked the spec that said Froakie resembled some famous innovator/inventor (was it Benjamin Franklin?). I never noticed how those things on Froakie's face resembled spectacles.
    And although the fanart for Fennekin's final evo (the one with the third eye) was awesome, it seems that that doesn't match the artists' styles.

For now I think Froakie's final evo will be a Water/Electric type since the cloud-like object on its back may grow bigger and darker to resemble a storm cloud, which would support the Benjamin Franklin hypothesis, since he discovered electricity.
    This is just speculation; the cloud-like object may just grow to be a rain cloud, and the developers have the power to decide the game's course.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfOneIX View Post
    anybody think we will get some gameplay or more starter info on smash today?
    Well, Google Translate labels the episode "Pokémon Smash! Episode Y", but it is a questionable tool.

Page 126 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 26761161221231241251261271281291301361762261126 ... LastLast