View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 129 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 29791191251261271281291301311321331391792291129 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #3201
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Agumon and Palmon's designs were pretty simple compared to the rest of the first gens and onward rookies.

    In other words, I really like these evo fanart for Froakie.

    Dem staches


    However this one needs to downsize the middle stage in size. It's too big for a middle stage compared to its first stage for a starter Pokémon.
    IMO the top one is too fat, and the bottom one looks like a pig.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  2. #3202
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tatooine
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    I wasn't sure if it was 2 or 3 strikes.
    It is definitely two stirkes my friend.
        Spoiler:- Aerial Ace or whatever:


    However is is unsure whether it's Aerial Ace or Night Slash. Could be anything though.

  3. #3203
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    30

    Default

    http://i49.*******.com/xe3osk.jpg

    If froakie turns out like this i might explode props to who came up with this i love it what do you guys think?

  4. #3204
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Youtube
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Agumon and Palmon's designs were pretty simple compared to the rest of the first gens and onward rookies.

    In other words, I really like these evo fanart for Froakie.

    Dem staches
    it seems Water/Steel for its last evo, like Empoleon.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

    wouldn't Mega Arceus be

    the O-Mega Pokemon

  5. #3205
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapdan93 View Post
    http://i49.*******.com/xe3osk.jpg

    If froakie turns out like this i might explode props to who came up with this i love it what do you guys think?
    this was one of the 1st arts actually. still dont like it thou.

  6. #3206
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tatooine
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScruffyScrafty View Post
    Arial Ace is not purple. Just because Night Slash is horizontal means nothing. The game is now in 3D, they could have changed the animations.
    Psychic seems fine but it still could be any other Psychic move.
    Acrobatics seems legit but it could also be anything else.
    Below is my analysis on the 'purple' thing. Just my theory though, it may sound dumb but it's what I believe currently.

    Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    Aerial ace strikes twice actually. If you look closely in the trailer, pause at 0:41. You can see there are two strikes, one upwards and one downwards. (in the direction of the red background) Those purple lines, I think are actually part of Golurk's animation. You can see (pause trailer) at 0:57, there are similar lines/animation (maybe different Pokemon types different colour?) when Froakie is attacking Patrat. What I concur is that those animation will appear when a pokemon is attacked by a physical type move and the colour of those so-called 'lines' differ to their types. (My two cents)

  7. #3207
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lost in thought...
    Posts
    497

    Default

    I don't want another sumo starter Pokemon, to be honest. :/

    I'm liking Chespin a lot...I'm excited to find out what it's evo's look like... xD

    | tumblr. | dA |

  8. #3208
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    Not necessarily. If a Pokemon has good stats, but horrible movepool, typing, or Ability/Hidden Ability, then the pokemon would suck just like a pokemon with bad stats would. Stats are not really all that important in determining a Pokemon's Strength's and weaknesses. A 252 ev hp chansey with nothing in defense could easily be taken down by a 252 Att./252 Sp./4 Hp ev trained Machoke when used a move like Close Combat/Mach Punch against it. Just having great stats doesn't prove anything, but the type weaknessing does matter. and that's why we are all discussing it.
    A Pokemon with great stats and terrible typing will see more usage than a Pokemon with terrible stats and great typing. Using your logic, people should use Phione more than Kyurem.


    You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

  9. #3209
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fĺvang, Norway
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    It is definitely two stirkes my friend.
        Spoiler:- Aerial Ace or whatever:


    However is is unsure whether it's Aerial Ace or Night Slash. Could be anything though.
    It is DEFINITELY Aerial Ace. After seeing the animation again there is no question imo.

  10. #3210
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    881

    Default

    This is the best fake for froakie evo imo..
    froakie__s_evolutions_by_toppera_tpr-d5r0l9v.jpg

    Do you think pokemon smash will reveal at list the starters types?? I mean if fennekin is using psychic or something that way it should be fire/psychic from the first stage right? So maybe all three are..

  11. #3211
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    I dislike the fat evolutions of Froakie since that attack it's using makes it seem like Froakie will be fast and nimble.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  12. #3212
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapdan93 View Post
    http://i49.*******.com/xe3osk.jpg

    If froakie turns out like this i might explode props to who came up with this i love it what do you guys think?
    I'm not really a fan of fat pokemon lol no offense Snorlax. They just don't appeal to me. That's kinda why I hate the design of Blastoise and Meganium(Although arguably Meganium is not fat)

    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

  13. #3213
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,665

    Default

    If it is indeed Aerial Ace(Which I think it is) then they really are trying to give a nod to Sonic with Chespin lol. Aerial Ace is a very speedy attack.

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  14. #3214
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I'm not really a fan of fat pokemon lol no offense Snorlax. They just don't appeal to me. That's kinda why I hate the design of Blastoise and Meganium(Although arguably Meganium is not fat)
    I beg you didn't choose tepig..XD

  15. #3215
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hoenn, Route 111
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapdan93 View Post
    http://i49.*******.com/xe3osk.jpg

    If froakie turns out like this i might explode props to who came up with this i love it what do you guys think?
    I prefer this over the ones GenosectArceus posted. But I'm still not a big fan of it. I'd prefer it if his final evolution was a little smaller, less sumo looking and more like this one (though it looks more like the 2nd stage)
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/5a372ab6f...7u8ro1_500.jpg


    White FC: 4727 7654 4502


  16. #3216
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Etro's Throne
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    watching it again there is a purple slash and a white slash

  17. #3217
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hoenn, Route 111
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    Aerial ace strikes twice actually. If you look closely in the trailer, pause at 0:41. You can see there are two strikes, one upwards and one downwards. (in the direction of the red background) Those purple lines, I think are actually part of Golurk's animation. You can see (pause trailer) at 0:57, there are similar lines/animation (maybe different Pokemon types different colour?) when Froakie is attacking Patrat. What I concur is that those animation will appear when a pokemon is attacked by a physical type move and the colour of those so-called 'lines' differ to their types. (My two cents)

    Though I could be wrong though, just my analysis.
    Idk man that seems a little far fetched. I don't think it would take a lot to program that but it seems to be a little much for a simple move but hey you never know


    White FC: 4727 7654 4502


  18. #3218
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tatooine
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    If it is indeed Aerial Ace(Which I think it is) then they really are trying to give a nod to Sonic with Chespin lol. Aerial Ace is a very speedy attack.
    With his ninja looking 'hat', I'm not surprised really. Chespin, the fastest thing alive since Sonic.

  19. #3219
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    I beg you didn't choose tepig..XD
    Well I always give each starter a try even if I don't like their design. I however only used the Tepig line twice out of all my Black/White and Black2/White 2 playthroughs lol. One was or Pokemon Black in which I chose it but for the other was for Pokemon Black 2 which in which I was playing a Nuzlocke challenge and since I went my the last digit ID number I had no choice but to pick Tepig.

    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

  20. #3220
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScruffyScrafty View Post
    I prefer this over the ones GenosectArceus posted. But I'm still not a big fan of it. I'd prefer it if his final evolution was a little smaller, less sumo looking and more like this one (though it looks more like the 2nd stage)
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/5a372ab6f...7u8ro1_500.jpg
    I would not mind this one, as long as it doesn't have a mustache since Samurott already has one.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  21. #3221
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    it seems Water/Steel for its last evo, like Empoleon.
    I thought so too, but those are buttons for a vest that doesn't seem to fit on Pompoad, since it is supposed to a regal frog Pokemon.

  22. #3222

    Default

    I wish for fennec in to be fire psychic. Give it what it deserves.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  23. #3223
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScruffyScrafty View Post
    I prefer this over the ones GenosectArceus posted. But I'm still not a big fan of it. I'd prefer it if his final evolution was a little smaller, less sumo looking and more like this one (though it looks more like the 2nd stage)
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/5a372ab6f...7u8ro1_500.jpg
    I really liked this final evo for Froakie as well. However, it looks like another pure Water type. The one Zapdan posted made me laugh a bit since it reminded me of Wailord (Skitty on this Froakie-final-evo if its Water 1 and field).

  24. #3224
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    I call the people who use Kyurem idiots because people who use Legendaries competitively usually aren't very good at pokemon. Once again, I am not talking competitively, I am talking in general. Pimpnites Epic _____ Sweeps prove that even with bad stats, any pokemon can be a good sweeper, competitively. so, not everything depends on stats. if there was a pokemon with great stats (lets say 120 across, like Arceus), but no Abilities and no typing, how often would that pokemon win? (and by no typing, I mean weak to everything).
    Quite often, if it has a decent movepool. I tell you what, you show me a battle log or a video or something of a battle between two competent battlers where one wins with like Phione or something and I'll shut up, but seriously, stats DO matter, and they matter a lot.


    You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

  25. #3225
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    881

Page 129 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 29791191251261271281291301311321331391792291129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •