View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 132 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 32821221281291301311321331341351361421822321132 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Since Fennekin is a basic stage fire starter, I checked out what Psychic type moves the other base stage fire starters could learn through all the generations. Here is a list.

Charmander - Rest (TM), Reflect (TM Gen. I).
    Cyndaquil - Rest (TM), Extrasensory (breeding, only since HGSS).
    Torchic - Rest (TM), Agility (breeding).
    Chimchar - Rest (TM), Role Play (Move Tutor).
    Tepig - Rest (TM).

So, the only impressive Psychic move that a Fire Type Starter could learn by a first stage is Extrasensory, by Cyndaquil. For all the others, I've notice that these move cannot hit the opponent like Fennekin did it in the preview.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanTheStarr View Post
    With the Zen Mode ability, Darmanitan is also capable of wielding the Fire/Psychic type combination. But regardless, having a Fire/Psychic starter Pokemon would be pretty cool. Though Fennekin's not really my type of Pokemon.
    Everyone simply hopes Fennekin is Psychic, it isnt confirmed yet. A Fire/Psychic would have a lot to offer unless its Speed was low, making it so-so in competition.

I still can't match Chespin to an actual mammal. I know rocky505 jokes its a hedgehog, but what is it really?

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    I'm choosing Froakie because I don't want to have the same reaction as this.
    LMFAO! That was funny. XD

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

LMAO!
    But seriously,
    What else would you choose Froakie for besides the paranoia of Fennekin becoming Fire/Fighting?
    I like Froakie's aesthetics and see some potential in it.

So far I'm gonna say that Chespin is my favourite, based on it's first evolution but I'll wait to see what it evolves into before making my judgement.
    Fennekin is also kinda cool but something puts me off Froakie (although I have no idea what...)
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/1gox00.png[/IMG]

That's hilarious

I'm either choosing Froakie or Chespin.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Everyone simply hopes Fennekin is Psychic, it isnt confirmed yet. A Fire/Psychic would have a lot to offer unless its Speed was low, making it so-so in competition.

I still can't match Chespin to an actual mammal. I know rocky505 jokes its a hedgehog, but what is it really?
    I don't joke it as a hedgehog, it is a hedgehog. It clearly states it in a couple of it's names. I have that there because people are always saying "What is Chespin?"

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

If Fennekin WAS a Fire/Psychic type, what would you expect its base stats to be in its final form? To me, it would look something like:

HP:70
    Atk:80
    Def:60
    Sp. Atk:90
    Sp. Def:90
    Speed:110

I bet its Hidden Ability would be either Inner Focus or Limber.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    LMAO!
    But seriously,
    What else would you choose Froakie for besides the paranoia of Fennekin becoming Fire/Fighting?
    I like Froakie's aesthetics and see some potential in it.
    Froakie kind of reminds me of a Frog Sage. Just look at it. It's white fluff looks like Beethoven hair, his nose looks like a small pair of reading glasses, and just by first glance, you could assume that he would evolve into a wind wizard.
    Last edited by PokeMaster366; 13th January 2013 at 1:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    brace yourself, *****es, i think i have chespin's final evo figured out.

assuming, it is based on the first mammel,

Spoiler:- eat it *****es.:

imagine the shell, end of tail, and plate on head made out of that green chestnut stuff.
    Remember this? It's. my best guess.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Wow I just realized with a worldwide release countries where we are used to getting the games later won't have the privilege of making a decision on buying the game based off the starter pokemon's final evolution. This is concerning to me because if Fennekin evolves for some stupid and trollish reason into a Fire/Fighting I will not get X or Y and would encourage everyone else to do the same.
    3DS Friend code:1246-9040-8906
    Friend Safari: Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump, and Spiritomb

If Fennekin WAS a Fire/Psychic type, what would you expect its base stats to be in its final form? To me, it would look something like:

Froakie kind of reminds me of a Frog Sage. Just look at it. It's white fluff looks like Beethoven hair, his nose looks like a small pair of reading glasses, and just by first glance, you could assume that he would evolve into a wind wizard.
    The fennekin stats were exactly what i had in mind! I think this would be great a base stat total of 500! that's less than last gens starters who had 537 and it is more balanced than they were lol I could see 20 being subtracted from attack and added to speed though.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by DSDark View Post
    Wow I just realized with a worldwide release countries where we are used to getting the games later won't have the privilege of making a decision on buying the game based off the starter pokemon's final evolution. This is concerning to me because if Fennekin evolves for some stupid and trollish reason into a Fire/Fighting I will not get X or Y and would encourage everyone else to do the same.
    Really? You're not gonna get an entire game(s) just because the stater is Fire/Fighting? Sad...

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Really? You're not gonna get an entire game(s) just because the stater is Fire/Fighting? Sad...
    It would be an act of boycotting the game in an effort to get Gamefreak to wise up
    3DS Friend code:1246-9040-8906
    Friend Safari: Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump, and Spiritomb

The BST is a bit too low. The BST for these stats is 500, but starters' final evolutions have approximately 530 as their BST with the lowest currently being 525. I think if you just bump the SpAtt up by about 20 and Attack by 10 than that would be closer to what it'll be. That's just my speculation, though.

It would be an act of boycotting the game in an effort to get Gamefreak to wise up
    It's stupid, that's what it is.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

From just looking at them, my preference would be Fennekin.

But I'd like to first look at their movepools, and pick whichever one will work best against the Elite Four.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

I don't think that would work, Pokemon is far too popular.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

Well at the end of the day it's your choice, not mine. I personally will be upset if Gamefreak makes another Fire/Fighting starter but nothing says you or I have to use it.

I mean you could always boycott through an angry letter? lol

Fennekin doesn't look like it will become a fire/fighting type in any case.. maybe fire/psychic like other people have said or just plain fire.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

Uhh nobody is forcing you to choose Fennekin. There's two other completely fine starters to choose from. You'll probably the only one rash enough to boycott it over something as petty as this, so don't expect to make that big of a difference.

At first I thought you meant its actual ability would be Inner Focus or Limber. But yea probably, with the standard fire starter ability.
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

I think Chespin's stats are going to be kinda like this

Hp:96
    Atk:104
    Def:100
    SAtk:60
    SDef:60
    Spd:80

I've already stated my rock/grass typing theory and think that'd be close to the stats it'd have if it did have tht typing

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    It's stupid, that's what it is.
    ^this. Most people would get over it and get the game anyway, but do what ever makes you happy.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by avsimone View Post
    I think Chespin's stats are going to be kinda like this

Hp:96
    Atk:104
    Def:100
    SAtk:60
    SDef:60
    Spd:80

I've already stated my rock/grass typing theory and think that'd be close to the stats it'd have if it did have tht typing
    Seems possible. Most Rock Pokemon have good Defense and Attack, but lack in Special Defense and Speed. Chespin's 'hat' might be hard as a rock, so it might just be it.

I really don't get what's wrong with Fire/Fighting starters. I mean, I know they're redundant, but what is wrong with them (other than being repeated)?
    Besides, there are two other starters to choose from, go for them. If you don't like any of them, then:

1) Switch 'em out for another Poké.
    2) Don't play the game yourself and don't discourage others from doing so.

Just wanted to add my two cents. Not trying to start an argument or anything.

Now, for the starters, I'm torn between Froakie and Fennekin. If Froakie turns out to be Water/Fighting, then that's the one for me (unless it looks horrible...). I really think his second move in the trailer could have been a fighting type move, or just a simple quick attack. Either way, it looked cool in the trailer and was ninja-like.

Fennekin looks like it could be Fire/Psychic, and yes, I'm going by the second move it used. It looked like Psywave, and pink is mainly associated with Psychic types. Whether it was just in its move pool, or a hint to its second typing, who knows. I just think Fire/Psychic is a possibility (and I'm kind of hoping for it XD).

Chespin I don't really care for, he looks too derpy and childish to me, in a cute way! I feel like his evos will be badass, but right now he's not working for me. He does look like he could be Grass/Ground or Rock, his hat does hint torwards it.

I'm too used to picking my starters and teams beforehand, but I think going in semi-blind would be fun.

[Not Made by Me]

Nobody except you will do that--trust me. That's petty and stupid, and GameFreak can do whatever the heck they want.

I have every right to be the better person for no reason whatsoever. Life is about doing the right thing and leaving people with a good idea of who you are and what your ideals are.

Please click! I'll give you a cookie! :3

Page 132 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 32821221281291301311321331341351361421822321132 ... LastLast