View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 137 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 37871271331341351361371381391401411471872371137 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    I think it'll be a Physical attacker with huge bulk, like Torterra, but just a little faster.
    so kind of like a fast duscinoir?
    Steel is the type of science

Chespin won't be a sweeper. He'll have high attack, but he'll sacrifice high speed for high defence. He'll be a physical everything.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfish View Post
    so kind of like a fast duscinoir?
    Lower Defenses than Dusknoir though, but higher HP and speed.

HP: 90
    Atk: 100
    Def: 100
    Sp. Atk: 65
    Sp. Def: 100
    Speed: 65

All my stats are equalling 520 XD

Edit: Guess I'll do Fennekin too:

HP: 70
    Atk: 75
    Def: 65
    Sp. Atk: 120
    Sp. Def: 90
    Speed: 100

Thought I'd just keep them all at 520 so they're even.
    Last edited by Shraeder; 13th January 2013 at 7:36 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

I'm a water user so I must stick with Froakie, even though it's the first water starter I don't truly LOVE from the get-go. Even Mudkip was more appealing to me at the time. Hopefully with its evolutions I'll learn to love it more.

Fennekin is the first fire starter I like since Cyndaquil.

No comments on the Oshawott ripoff, It's probably gonna be part fighting too, yuck.

Lower Defenses than Dusknoir though, but higher HP and speed.

HP: 90
    Atk: 100
    Def: 100
    Sp. Atk: 65
    Sp. Def: 100
    Speed: 65

All my stats are equalling 520 XD
    I honestly think Chespin will be a mixed sweeper similar to Samurott. I meant the two past gen grass starters have already base on def (Turtwig and Snivy)

Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    I honestly think Chespin will be a mixed sweeper similar to Samurott. I meant the two past gen grass starters have already base on def (Turtwig and Snivy)
    The thing is, Chespin has that chestnut thing, which, sadly, leads me to believe it will have high defenses, again. I don't like the idea of it, but it's what I see most likely to happen.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

You know what would be awesome? Items that we can give to starters so they get alternate forms.

The thing is, Chespin has that chestnut thing, which, sadly, leads me to believe it will have high defenses, again. I don't like the idea of it, but it's what I see most likely to happen.
    Maybe it's going to have stats like durant?
    Steel is the type of science

Quote Originally Posted by Blazenuva View Post
    You know what would be awesome? Items that we can give to starters so they get alternate forms.
    I really hope not. Id rather have my starters stay the way they are. Leave the form changing to legendaries and event special pokemon like Meloetta

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by Rhynox View Post
    Even after seeing that evidence, people think it's night slash?? Wowwwwww
    People are dumb. I don't see how, after that graphic, anyone could argue that it ISN'T Aerial Ace... because it definitely IS Aerial Ace.

Anyway, I refuse to believe Chespin is Grass/Dark because the Dark portion was borne of 100% misinformation based on the attack that is actually Aerial Ace. But if so, it's the happiest potential Dark-type I've EVER seen. If there is a secondary type, I'm leaning toward Grass/Ground because of the hedgehog/chestnut design. But I'm betting they will have only one type throughout their evolutionary chain much like Generation II.
    Last edited by radagast; 13th January 2013 at 9:22 AM.

If Dunsparce were a starter option I would forever choose it.

But since Dunsparce is not an option...I will chose Chespin. I don't know what or if it will get a secondary type, but if it does I am leaning towards ground or fighting. Although if it can learn aerial ace it's gonna be fast, which would be a nice change from the other grass/ground type

Quote Originally Posted by radagast View Post
    People are dumb. I don't see how, after that graphic, anyone could argue that it ISN'T Aerial Ace... because it definitely IS Aerial Ace.

Anyway, I refuse to believe Chespin is Grass/Dark because the Dark portion was borne of 100% misinformation based on the attack that is actually Aerial Ace. But if so, it's the happiest potential Dark-type I've EVER seen. If there is a secondary type, I'm leaning toward Grass/Ground because of the hedgehog/chestnut design. But I'm betting they will have only one type throughout their evolutionary chain much like Generation II.
    I think it had to do with more then just the animation. Why would somebody use Aerial ace against Golurk, it would be much smarter to use a dark type move.

But anyways before you think I'm disagreeing with you *WAIT* coz I'm not!
    I know that move to be IMO Aerial Ace. I was just further explaining why I think people could've been confused or misinformed

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by radagast View Post
    I don't see how, after that graphic, anyone could argue that it ISN'T Aerial Ace... because it definitely IS Aerial Ace.
    I know, people still believe it's Night Slash because of the Dark/Psychic/Fighting theory trio thing.

Also, quoted from Aerial Ace's Bulbapedia page;
        Spoiler:- Areial Ace:

If you look closely;
        Spoiler:- Aerial Ace or whatever:

There are two 'slashes', one is strike downwards and the other one is strike upwards. And as I mentioned before, the purple lines are probably part of Golurk's flinch animation. Or it could be depicting Chespin, moving at a relatively fast speed.

From the trivia as was provided by Bulbapedia, I stringly believe the move that Chespin is using is Aerial Ace. Though maybe GF trolling us all revealing it's a TM, not a move Chespin can learn by leveling up.
    Last edited by german suplex; 13th January 2013 at 11:11 AM.

Or people, it could be a new move altogether lol. Just saying XD don't say one idea is "dumb" or even a person/people are "dumb". You can not say what that move is, in till its confirmed what movies he has. Even if Chespin becomes a Grass/Dark type it could still be a new move.

I know this is the Speculation/Discussion Thread, but please don't say an idea is dumb when you have just the same chance as being right or wrong as them. You could say "no I don't think thats it, here is my idea." But whatever its not my place to stop you lol XD so do as you wish.

I am not going to comment on the moves, but I have always wanted a Grass/Dark type I have liked so if he ends up being that cool. I don't really like the idea of Chespin being a Grass/Ground, but as long as it works and he looks good I can live with that too.

Back home! TO HOENN!

Poochyena is claimed by me!
        Spoiler:- Who made what:

I asked about the Aerial Ace thing some 22 pages ago but it barely got any replies, but at least it's come back thanks to german suplex, who I completely agree with, and here's what I have to say about it again. Even if the amount of strikes in Aerial Ace are more or less than the amount of strikes in Black and White and their sequels, Pokemon X and Y are using new graphics and they had to make pretty much every move all over in 3D. I don't expect Game Freak to make moves exactly as they were in older Pokemon games and I really can't see Game Freak looking at every single move from the 5th gen and cloning the exact amount of hits from moves like Night Slash, Quick Attack, etc and making them in 3D.
    Last edited by Mighty Arceus493; 13th January 2013 at 11:27 AM.

i was showing the trailer to a friend and noticed something about froakie.

the foam does not appear to be attached to froakies head but instead is resting on his back based on the shading. this disproves the wig theory in my book and adds more evidence to the douboro theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom champion Z View Post
    i was showing the trailer to a friend and noticed something about froakie.
        Spoiler:- Froakie:

the foam does not appear to be attached to froakies head but instead is resting on his back based on the shading. this disproves the wig theory in my book and adds more evidence to the douboro theory.
    Precisely, that's what some of us here believe.

I posted this before. It could also depicts a frog carrying its young on its back which could relate to the dorobou's sack.
        Spoiler:- Kerokero:

Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    Precisely, that's what some of us here believe.

I posted this before. It could also depicts a frog carrying its young on its back which could relate to the dorobou's sack.
        Spoiler:- Kerokero:
    yeah i have seen those before and that is most likely froakies inspiration with an overarching thief theme that reimagines the egg cluster into a sack for carrying stolen goods. although that second part is pure speculation (and wishful thinking on my end) i think we all can come to a conclusion that froakie is indeed based on this.

as for chespin we got a speedy grass starter in unova so im sure gf will shake it up with his stat distribution. based on his art work it appears the beginnings of an outer shell is in formation which would hint at a slower pokemon, but i can see it evolving into a pangolin or porcupine that roles up and dashes around.

Woah, Froakie reminds me of that green digimon Mimi befriended in the first season lol

Sorry if old. (more than likely fake)
    It be funny if it were real. haha

Spoiler:- Fennekin Evo:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Akimoto-Kenta; 13th January 2013 at 1:05 PM.

I'm gonna Sound my opinion. The negative replies may not be Light, but I think it'd be Cosmic if we got new types this gen!
    Copy this in your sig if you believe in new types!

Quote Originally Posted by Akimoto-Kenta View Post
    Sorry if old. (more than likely fake)
    It be funny if it were real. haha

Spoiler:- Fennekin Evo:
    It is most likely fake. There are a lot of fake evolve forms of all three out there.

When I first saw Froakie, I was sure he would be hated 10 times more than Oshawott was. Amazingly, he is even above Chespin. I am honestly shocked. Fennekin is of course way ahead, but, well, there are a lot of furries out these. *chuckles*

I really hope we'll find out about their Types soon~
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    When I first saw Froakie, I was sure he would be hated 10 times more than Oshawott was. Amazingly, he is even above Chespin. I am honestly shocked. Fennekin is of course way ahead, but, well, there are a lot of furries out these. *chuckles*

I really hope we'll find out about their Types soon~
    I was thinking the exact same thing. It looks like we were wrong. xD

i kinda like this as the 2. evo of fennekin;

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=fenn...ution#/d5qzsjb

this 1 looks like it draw inspiration from the tailed foxes thou final evo is kinda nice thou 2nd sucks

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=fenn...ution#/d5r0wjt

couldnt help but troll

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=fenn...et=48#/d5r6853
    http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=fenn...et=24#/d5qv5bv

If they were previously posted sry

Actually oshawott was a really strange case.. At first everyone hated it but then there's been an explosion of love for him.. And when dewott was revealed been blue, everybody was complaining that it didn't look like oshawott in colours..XD Samurott is a great pokemon in moves and design, but I wanted a bigger/dewott like samurai.. Only time can tell what starter looks the best for sure..

Page 137 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 37871271331341351361371381391401411471872371137 ... LastLast