View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 154 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 541041441501511521531541551561571581642042541154 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Flygon View Post
    Something interesting to note:

Froakie scowls in it's ingame "sprite". Take that as you may.
    I thought it's just him doing some attack. Nothing special imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Xadium View Post
    Fennekin seems very plain to me. Fire is my favorite type, and I usually go with fire starters, but Fennekin's just kind of OK. I'm sure they'll all turn out cool, though.
    All fire starters look plain at first....
    Black 2 friend code: 5029 - 2526 - 6528
    Bane of DWF breeders: 12.5% female rates...
        Spoiler:- DWF in stock:

Spoiler:- DWF breedable on request:

Spoiler:- DWF requests:

Spoiler:- white list:

Spoiler:- black list:

DWF in stock and or those that need to be breeded are likely to change daily, if not in stock simply tell me what one you want and I'll breed it ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Xadium View Post
    Fennekin seems very plain to me. Fire is my favorite type, and I usually go with fire starters, but Fennekin's just kind of OK. I'm sure they'll all turn out cool, though.
    Fennekin's fine in my opinion. I mean it's the least reductive of the new Starters; it doesn't look like a fusion of previous Pokemon like Chespin. Froakie's sort of in middle; it's another frog based Pokemon, but its design is neat enough to make people overlook that. I still say it looks like Ben Franklin, but that could be taken as a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyris View Post
    well funny thing is other people were calling fennekin a digimon because they thought he looked to complex.

I don't mind too much with the first stage as long as it isn't bidooflike , Looks like a baby form of an animal=good starter base form.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    I think you're being a bit too simple minded. That's not to say that perhaps GameFreak may keep them pure starters, but don't say Water-types won't get Ice Moves like it is imperative...after all many Water (non-Ice) types learn Ice moves anyway.

Why would it get Hydro Pump as a NFE Pokemon...? I'd imagine that it'd get at least Water Gun, or maybe even Water Pulse, but not Hydro Pump (until its later evos at least). And to play the devil's advocate, there's a reason why people think Froakie has an Ice Attack:

The Puddles or whatever you want to call it...closely resemble snowflakes. And snowflakes are commonly associated with Ice-Types, so there you go...That's why there's some belief that Froakie may be pure Water that learns Ice moves or Water/Ice.
    It could be an ice type move but even if it is, water types usually learn ice type moves anyway so that really doesn't help in proving it'll be water/ice.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 14th January 2013 at 7:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    well funny thing is other people were calling fennekin a digimon because they thought he looked to complex.

I don't mind too much with the first stage as long as it isn't bidooflike , Looks like a baby form of an animal=good starter base form.
    digimon never seem that complex to me until like, champion or ultimate level either..

DWF in stock and or those that need to be breeded are likely to change daily, if not in stock simply tell me what one you want and I'll breed it ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    Just sayin'.

On another note, is there anyone else here that actually won't use their starter on a playthrough if say, they dislike the evolutionary designs?

I know I had no problem dumping Pignite pretty early on in W2 in favor of my old favorite Arcanine, largely because I'm just not a huge fan of Emboar (even if he is my favorite of the BW starters).
    But I have a friend who, despite disliking all the BW starters, refuses to play through a Pokemon game (meaning, to the Elite 4) without his starter. It's a matter of principle for him, I guess.
    I do the same as your friend. However, I try to give a chance to all starters (however, grass for me is the most hesitant, because the only grass starter that appealed to me was Turtwig and that was only for the fact that Torterra was a unique Grass/Ground dual-type, even if it had a 4x Ice weakness.)
    Casual Veteran Player (History: Yellow, Silver, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, White, Black, White2, Black2 (current))

I just enjoy the ride

FC's:
    White - 5028-9056-3901 (JT):
    Black - 1764-7304-9723 (Aishi):
    White 2 - 3998-4495-2395 (Rose):
    Black 2 - 2881-8825-5463 (JT):

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    It could be an ice type move but even if it is, water types usually learn ice type moves anyway so that really doesn't help in proving it'll be water/ice.
    That's what I said, it's still a bit early to judge for certainty but I do think it'll end up becoming a Pure Water that learns Ice moves (the only reason I said Water/Ice was to show how people traced their logic...it's annoying how some people here treat theories like it's a guarantee when it really isn't).

Quote Originally Posted by pokeaussie37 View Post
    Well Oshawott had Hydro Pump so there is a precedence for the base form to learn it, at least at a high level. And yes, a lot of Water types can learn Ice type moves by extension. If that is indeed an Ice type move I would call it Ice Beam. I can see that snowflake look, that could easily be a fluke but I do agree with that way of thinking, there's a high chance that is the animation for an Ice type move.
    Even then, Oshawott learns Hydro Pump rather late so it sort of meshes in with late evolutions...in that case, sure Froakie might get Hydro Pump at later levels too. I'm not too sure about it being Ice Beam, I know they are two totally different games but BW2 and PBR have similar animation for Ice Beam where the user attacks with streams of Ice, I'd imagine that GameFreak might keep that animation but you just never know. However, the way that Froakie's using it leads me to think that it's possibly Frost Breath or Icy Wind (both relatively low BP Ice moves that fit in with the whole NFE theme).
    Last edited by BurningWhiteKyurem; 14th January 2013 at 8:01 AM.

That's what I said, it's still a bit early to judge for certainty but I do think it'll end up becoming a Pure Water that learns Ice moves (the only reason I said Water/Ice was to show how people traced their logic...it's annoying how some people here treat theories like it's a guarantee when it really isn't).
    Personally I havnt made any speculations as to what Froakie may be type wise...
    But I don't understand why they might think that the move froakie was using is an ice type move.
    Yes I've seen the pix and ya I c snowflakes. But that move was also used against a pansear which doesn't make sense; if the move was indeed an ice type move.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

"Complex"? Fennekin looks way simpler than Chespin, Froakie, Tepig, Oshawott...

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

I think you misinterpreted it... They're saying that it looks like Digimon because it resembles a baby of this

They don't mean that it looks like a Digimon because of its complex design. I think that Digimon looks bad-butt, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyris View Post
    Yeah. Then they turn into Fighting Types.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    Lol, I think you're alone on that one. Personlly, if there is another Fire/Fighting I am boycotting starters altogether in my game. I'd rather use a Bidoof seriously as my starter then entertain another Fire/Fighting type. Infact... That's exactly what I will do. If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting... no. If ANY of these next starters are part Fighting and Bidoof is catchable in game I'm starting with Chespin, dumping that moefoe in the PC the first chance I get, catching a Bidoof, and PWNing my rival's abomination with Surf. This, I swear.

...Unless Froakie is water/Electric.
    Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

I still don't understand why Tepig evolved into a fighting type. Why would they make a fighting pig? I get Torchic because he's based off fighting chickens and Chimchar was supposed to be the fighting monkey from a story. Tepig looked like he should have been a dark type. I keep looking at Fennekin, but I can't see him become a fighting type. There's no way. He's on his fours.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    I still don't understand why Tepig evolved into a fighting type. Why would they make a fighting pig? I get Torchic because he's based off fighting chickens and Chimchar was supposed to be the fighting monkey from a story. Tepig looked like he should have been a dark type. I keep looking at Fennekin, but I can't see him become a fighting type. There's no way. He's on his fours.
    Tepig was on fours until he evolved... So there's still a possibility.
    And Emboar is based on a boar... violent animal and it looks nasttttyyy.
    Last edited by hevver; 14th January 2013 at 8:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    Yeah. Then they turn into Fighting Types.
    I mean all, charmander and cyndaquil too.

Some new funny froakie fake evo:
    http://fireecho.deviantart.com/art/F...-Art-348341494
    http://fcbayernmunchen.deviantart.co...tion-348329909
    http://nyausi.deviantart.com/art/PKM...ions-348426039

Will we ever have this so awaited water/fight starter?? I mean, Ken Sugimori is probably the only pokemon artist in this world who hasn't drawn it yet.. XD

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    Some new funny froakie fake evo:
    http://fireecho.deviantart.com/art/F...-Art-348341494
    http://fcbayernmunchen.deviantart.co...tion-348329909
    http://nyausi.deviantart.com/art/PKM...ions-348426039

Will we ever have this so awaited water/fight starter?? I mean, Ken Sugimori is probably the only pokemon artist in this world who hasn't drawn it yet.. XD
    I like the first and third ones. The second one looks like a middle stage not a final evo. A Water/Fighting sounds like it'll balance out Fennekin if it turns out to be Fire/Psychic.

Why have the scans not leaked yet? It's the evening of the 14th in Japan. It's never taken this long before.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    Why have the scans not leaked yet? It's the evening of the 14th in Japan. It's never taken this long before.
    Maybe the people who leak the scans got lazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    if there was anything more it would have leaked already. rest of the pages may have to do with other pokemon related issues. anyway if there is something tonight we will see. thou dont keep your hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanchu View Post
    if there was anything more it would have leaked already. rest of the pages may have to do with other pokemon related issues. anyway if there is something tonight we will see. thou dont keep your hopes up.
    If you look at the page numbers there's four pages in between the legendaries and the Genesect movie. Why would they break it up like that? Doesn't CoroCoro usually put all the Pokemon stuff together? Besides, I can't believe that they would just ignore the starters entirely. Sure, we might not get any new info on the starters other than height and weight perhaps, but there's got to be some kind of mention of them.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by STADIUM View Post
    Why some people still think Froakie uses an ice attack? C'mon, it's quite simple:
    - Fennekin uses a fire attack (flamethrower) because it is the fire type starter.
    - Chespin uses a grass type attack (solar beam) because he is the grass type starter.
    - Froakie uses an ice type atttack because he is the ice type starter? No, that just doesn't make sense. It is water gun because he is water type.

(BTW, water gun is not as powerful as flamethrower or solar beam; it should have used bubble beam at least. Or is it hydropump?)
    I think you're being a bit too simple minded. That's not to say that perhaps GameFreak may keep them pure starters, but don't say Water-types won't get Ice Moves like it is imperative...after all many Water (non-Ice) types learn Ice moves anyway.

Why would it get Hydro Pump as a NFE Pokemon...? I'd imagine that it'd get at least Water Gun, or maybe even Water Pulse, but not Hydro Pump (until its later evos at least). And to play the devil's advocate, there's a reason why people think Froakie has an Ice Attack:

The Puddles or whatever you want to call it...closely resemble snowflakes. And snowflakes are commonly associated with Ice-Types, so there you go...That's why there's some belief that Froakie may be pure Water that learns Ice moves or Water/Ice.
    I never stated that water types won't get ice moves. Read again.
    I just say that if GF shows in the trailer fire and grass attacks for the grass and fire type starters, it only makes sense that they show a water attack for the water starter. Simple as that. And when I mentioned hydro pump, I was thinking about my starter in Sapphire: mudkip. I still remember how I didn't evolve it until level 42, because mudkip learns hydro pump at that level, but marshtomp and swampert don't learn hydro pump at all. So, the statement that hydro pump is learnt by evolved pokémon is not correct.

Maybe Serebii HAS the pages (with new info maybe?!), but can't show them yet? :P

Or maybe there really are a non-Poké space between those pages. We'll see soon enough.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

I thought the only stuff in this times CoroCoro was the legendary stuff and Genesect. Are there more stuff that has not been leaked ?

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I thought the only stuff in this times CoroCoro was the legendary stuff and Genesect. Are there more stuff that has not been leaked ?
    Well, between the Legendary page and the Genesect page, there's a four page space between them. So, there should be more XY news (or at least the starters and such), but no one knows what's going on. Maybe there were just something else between. But why not have the Poké stuff together like usual? hmm..
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Page 154 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 541041441501511521531541551561571581642042541154 ... LastLast