View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 176 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 761261661721731741751761771781791801862262761176 ... LastLast
Results 4,376 to 4,400 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spyfox4989 View Post
    I really don't think Fennekin is part psychic... I think he was just using Me First (or something like it) to copy a psychic move that Kirlia did.
    You may be right here. Personally I'd like it more as a pure Fire, since I am not very fond of the Psychic-type.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

You may be right here. Personally I'd like it more as a pure Fire, since I am not very fond of the Psychic-type.
    that is the only reason i am kinda against it also. i actually want fennekin to be part electric since we need something fire/electric (rotom dosnt count) (or maybe ghost which wont happen unless froakie gets a type that ressits it. so i am just w8ing to see how it will all pan out. though i kinda am afraid every1 will be right about psychic.

It better not be me first.It better be extrasensory. ._.
    I am One with the guardian of the sea,Master of the power and awesomeness that is Lugia! 3DS FC: 3222-6949-4801.PM me if you add me so I can add you!.............................................. ..............Platinum Nuzlocke Team: Emperor, Luke, Ms.Rampage, Axel, Puncho, Simon.

Honestly all of the starters look like they could end up being monotype but I think it's really possible for them to change substantially as they evolve so their second type is kind of hard to guess so early on.

Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting would both be neat, but as for Grass/Dark...

I feel like Cacturne and Shiftry both do that combo about as good as it can get. I mean, it's a COOL combo... BUT ALL THE WEAKNESSES. EVER.
    Give Dark a physical 120 bp attack and make Chespin's evo faster than Fennekin. Then hey, we might have something to work with.

Maybe we'll see Chespin turn into a Grass/Rock. Cradilly could use a buddy.
    LOOK. AT. IT.

It's quite hard to predict Chespin's typing, but I think I'll stick with pure Grass for now, provided its fast and has a good movepool. I'll jump on the Fire/Psychic bandwagon but Froakie looks like he could take up the type given his little glasses and intellectual look. Then again I'd love a nice Water/Fighting type provided he gets work up and Aura Sphere/a new special fighting move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    It's quite hard to predict Chespin's typing, but I think I'll stick with pure Grass for now, provided its fast and has a good movepool. I'll jump on the Fire/Psychic bandwagon but Froakie looks like he could take up the type given his little glasses and intellectual look. Then again I'd love a nice Water/Fighting type provided he gets work up and Aura Sphere/a new special fighting move.
    I really want a decent competetive Grass type that isn't legendary or Breloom, hopefully Chespin can fulfill that role, but I doubt it...
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

I've always went with the fire starter, except for Gen V since they've had the same type for the last three gens an it's gotten rather boring. It does however look like fenniken is going to break this(or at least I'm hopping it does), weather it's going to be just pure fire with psychic moves or a fire/psychic type. I might choose fenniken but then again both froakie and chespin are close. Chespin could possibly be to me a ground, rock, or steel type in it's final evolution. I'm hopping for steel type simply because it'll have a large range of resistance an only weak to fire and fighting. Froakie I'm not sure what other type it could get but I do like it's design. So for now I'm undecided until more info like their stats, typing, an evolution's are revealed before I actually make my choice.

I would absolutely ADORE Chespin to be part Steel, but then it'd have a 4x weakness to Fire. It could still happen, but I don't think GF would screw him over like that.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

I think it's time to choose the fire-type starter, I always choose the water-type and the last fire I chose was CHimchar back in Diamond.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    I would absolutely ADORE Chespin to be part Steel, but then it'd have a 4x weakness to Fire. It could still happen, but I don't think GF would screw him over like that.
    If it turns out to be a defensive pokemon it won't mind that weakness in rain. It'll be Ferrothorn all over again.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Even with a 4x weakness to Fire, it would be resistant to ten other types. It would be a good deal.
    Think on it as a Ferrothorn with a better (I hope) design :P

The thing is, it would be in a severe disadvantage against Fennekin, but then again, Empoleon got screwed in battles against Torterra and Infernape.

when it comes to previously chosen starters i chose
    charmander in gen 1
    cyndaquil in gen 2
    treeko in gen 3
    piplup in gen 4
    oshawott in gen 5
    and based on the apperance of the first forms im gonna choose froakie and only in gen 5 did i know what the starters evolved into before release.

tbf swampert had a 4x weakness to grass so i dont think the 4x weakness is a massive deal. I can definitely see grass/steel happening if they stick to the chestnut theme
    COMPLETE NATIONAL DEX
    gen VI announced next day

Black 2 FC - 0949 0144 8935

X FC - 0216-1327-7975

I have Octillery, Floatzel and Azumarill in my friend safari

Quote Originally Posted by fahademon View Post
    It better not be me first.It better be extrasensory. ._.
    Meaning it would have a higher chance at not being Psychic. Vulpix and Ninetales can use Confuse Ray, and they aren't Ghost types, just pure fire.
    I hope Fennekin's Pure Fire.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Meaning it would have a higher chance at not being Psychic. Vulpix and Ninetales can use Confuse Ray, and they aren't Ghost types, just pure fire.
    I hope Fennekin's Pure Fire.
    Well Fennekin IS a pure fire. Does this mean his evolutions will also be? We can't tell, but we'll know soon enough. Everything can happen at this point really.
    Last edited by Bluemiracle; 15th January 2013 at 8:59 PM.
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

Quote Originally Posted by bippacooleth View Post
    tbf swampert had a 4x weakness to grass so i dont think the 4x weakness is a massive deal. I can definitely see grass/steel happening if they stick to the chestnut theme
    Yep, we have a total of 3 Starter final forms that have 4x weaknesses. Charizard, Swampert and Torterra. I think we'll be likely to see one again in the future, so seeing one now wouldn't be a surprise.

Well Swampert got a x4 weakness on grass it's not that bad. Plus being a steel type will give it a huge range of resistance which is always great to have, and simply having one x4 weak to fire and x2 weak to fighting isn't really a big deal at all.

4x fire weakness is nothing to fear :/ If it's fast it wouldn't even matter unless we got a fire-type stealth rock like move this gen. I'd be more concerned about the fighting weakness.

I'm happy with whatever type combos or lack therefore of except: Fire/ fighting, and pure water and grass. That's just me.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

I really want a decent competetive Grass type that isn't legendary or Breloom, hopefully Chespin can fulfill that role, but I doubt it...
    Venusaur? Ferrothorn? Abomasnow? Roserade? and MAYBE Ludicolo, Shiftry, Whimsicott. Depends on how you play.

http://pastebin.com/Z2tMiaJR

Can anyone confirm if this is fake or not? I hope to god this is legit

Edit: I found this via Reddit. A lot of them over there seem to think it might be real
    Dragons FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranokusu View Post

Edit: I found this via Reddit. A lot of them over there seem to think it might be real
    Hmm, I can't even tell you. But, I don't if they would leak it through pastebin or not. Maybe, I have no clue.

Fernox? *nods* I approve.

God knows if it's real. When the Unova starter evolutions leaked at least half of the fandom was screaming 'fake!' and then listing reasons why it must be fake. It wasn't fake. Lol.

Someone more qualified wanna weigh in?
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

I think it is fake... I mean, don't think we will be getting real info about the new Pokémon so soon. :|

But who knows... According to the translator, Fennekin's evos will be Fire/Esper (Psychic, lol), Froakie's will be Water/Fighting and I have no idea what the heck the "Iye" type is.

If it is true, it seems to confirm the psychic/dark/fighting counter circle a lot of people have been predicting
    Dragons FTW!

If it is true, it seems to confirm the psychic/dark/fighting counter circle a lot of people have been predicting
    Then I declare it real. It seems too good to be true

Page 176 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 761261661721731741751761771781791801862262761176 ... LastLast