View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 179 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    What if Froakie had a top hat and cane?
    It doesn't seem very likely. I mean, how would anything on his body evolve into a cane? You know what, you don't need to answer. That was a horrible question. But, anyway, I don't see him having human stuff on him. I still think he is going to evolve into an elder like Pokémon, not a "gentleman".
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by BugPokemonMaster316 View Post
    I think that it will turn into a mace as Chespin's name is derived from the word "chestnut" and the spiky outer casing of a chestnut resembles a mace. This leads me to believe Chespin will be part steel.
    eh, im assumeing grass/rock, more likely a rocky mace-tail.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Chespin is based on a hedgehog also, perhaps he'll get some steel spines and be grass/steel?

I'm leaning that Chespin will learn Rollout due to him being based off of a hedgehog.

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    I always thought glalie looked like a goalie mask for hockey..it's even in its name: glacier+goalie and it even explains the type...I can see the oni thing though...
    It's inspired by onis as well. It's Japanese name is Onigori, which is a triple pun with oni, goalie and onigiri (riceballs) in it.
    *Mega Fairies*

About Chespin: Or, maybe they'll be evil spikes and he'll be Grass/Dark? Venomous spines and be Grass/Poison? Red spikes can serve many nefarious purposes.

About Froakie: I'd easily change my starter choice if Froakie's evos turned out to look like ancient kung-fu masters, like Pai-Mei from Kill Bill. I love those movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizardon View Post
    Lol @ those fake leaks.

Stop being so gullible people, there's no way things like this could be leaked already.
    Dude stop calling everyone gullible when you haven't even read the thread and apparently can't see that not one person has said 'OMG this must be real!! '

We're all just speculating. The clue is in the title.

I'm glad to see that the worldwide release hasn't put off waves of fakemon or supposed 'leaks', as well as the inevitable jerks who take it all too seriously and blast everyone else for either believing them or not believing them. Such fun.

@ Paladin - if Nintendo localise a name to include a Kill Bill reference I will go into a coma through sheer fangirl joy.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    It doesn't seem very likely. I mean, how would anything on his body evolve into a cane? You know what, you don't need to answer. That was a horrible question. But, anyway, I don't see him having human stuff on him. I still think he is going to evolve into an elder like Pokémon, not a "gentleman".
    Drowzee evolves into something who carries a pendulum, your arguement is invalid.

So its confirmed that Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie are pure Grass, Fire and Water, but that doesn't necessarily mean their evos will be, right? Most starters are single types before they evolve anyway though. Seems like they're just messing with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin of Arceus View Post
    Don't trust anything unless it comes directly from TCPI's, GF's, or Nintendo's mouths--that's my policy. Coro-Coro is acceptable, too, but at this early stage, all it'll print is recaps of official reveals, maybe with some added details and clearer screencaps, but nothing spoilerlicious.
    A lot of the info revealed back in 2010 didn't come from neither of these places you mentioned. =p
    Don't tell people what to trust, let them speculate because one of the various rumors will eventually be a real one. It is always like that.

Example: People said that Samurott's silhouette (which came from nowhere) was fan-made using Dialga's body as basis. Was it fan-made? Nope, it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    I always thought glalie looked like a goalie mask for hockey..it's even in its name: glacier+goalie and it even explains the type...I can see the oni thing though...
    Well, its Japanese name is Onigohri, but I don't think it is purely based on a Oni mask. It is a mix with the other stuff you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I looked. They still don't look alike. The only thing they have in common is color scheme and even that is not similar.
    Oh, look, it's Chespin lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

A lot of the info revealed back in 2010 didn't come from neither of these places you mentioned. =p
    Don't tell people what to trust, let them speculate because one of the various rumors will eventually be a real one. It is always like that.

Example: People said that Samurott's silhouette (which came from nowhere) was fan-made using Dialga's body as basis. Was it fan-made? Nope, it wasn't.
    Exactly.

Same went for the anime drawing that showed off Servine and Pignite with Ash and Iris. People called it fake. People even figured out which parts of which Pokemon were mixed together to create Pignite.

So, you never know where info is gonna come from. But, still take all rumors with a grain of salt and wait for confirmation either way.

Edit: The Pignite pic came at another time. The anime pic I was talking about is...http://pocketmonsters.net/images/ib/...5701960024.png. Every freaked out about how fake it was because Woobat, Dewott and Servine looked wrong. And then there was the Larvitar wannabe.
    Last edited by Alucard Lemuel; 16th January 2013 at 2:37 AM.

Gen 6 Starters look really nice besides Chespin, but I'm sure it's Evolutions will be better. Hopefully not better than Froakie's or Fennekin's.

Quote Originally Posted by Akimoto-Kenta View Post
    credit: SlimeStack

Full translation for those who want it...

Takes place in the Aienki Region

Chespike/Chespear
    Type: Grass/Dark

Flannec/Fernox
    Type: Fire/Psychic

Ribbub/Froabenet
    Type: Water/Fighting

Finchett
    Finches (Forme X)
    Fincho (Forme Y)

Legendary Pokémon
    Xerneas - Grass/???
    Yveltal - Fire/???
    Zanarol - Rock/???
    Deryn - Steel
    Lunyrite - Rock
    Stapyre - Fire

Seems very elaborate with the typings and English names, but it's probably fake.
    We can't call them fake quite yet. We have no confirmation either way. I'm hoping this is real, if only because the starter names are cool, and the reverse type triangle is a nice touch.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Drowzee evolves into something who carries a pendulum, your arguement is invalid.
    Not to mention Alakazam and Kadarba's spoons.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    We can't call them fake quite yet. We have no confirmation either way. I'm hoping this is real, if only because the starter names are cool, and the reverse type triangle is a nice touch.
    Yeah I hope this is all real too but if not then We'll all have a surprise coming. I think I all so heard a little bit about some of the typing cause I had the same guess for the Typing myself.

I highly doubt we'd get a Grass/Steel, as much as I would like to see it.

I don't think Game Freak would give something with that many resistances and few weaknesses(even with the 4x to Fire) to a starter pokemon.

I'd say Grass/Ground would be a decent matching, but Turtwig already covered that. Grass/Dark would be my personal choice, or Grass/Fighting.

Fennekin looks like it'll be fast and quick, and also has a light yellowish coloring to him, which means he could potentially be Fire/Electric. But Fire/Psychic would be sweet too.

Froakie I'm hoping becomes Water/Electric. I just think it looks like he's got mini clouds surrounding him that just get bigger as he evolves, which would make him like a storm pokemon. But Water/Fighting would be a nice choice too.

These starters are actually pretty good, I personally didn't like a majority of the recent starters.
    Shorts are just so comfortable.

http://rlxc.mybrute.com

FC: 0946 9966 5155

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post

I don't think Game Freak would give something with that many resistances and few weaknesses(even with the 4x to Fire) to a starter pokemon.
    Swampert has only one weakness, wich is Grass Type (x4).
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard Lemuel View Post
    Edit: The Pignite pic came at another time. The anime pic I was talking about is...http://pocketmonsters.net/images/ib/...5701960024.png. Every freaked out about how fake it was because Woobat, Dewott and Servine looked wrong. And then there was the Larvitar wannabe.
    Yeah, I remember this. People just like to label things as fake.
    I can't blame them, it is better to not believe in rumors, that way you don't get disappointed when it end up being fake.

I think is a bit early for a list with the evolution names to leak, but who knows, maybe they were planning to reveal it on the site or on the next CoroCoro issue and it "accidentally" leaked.

Froakie I'm hoping becomes Water/Electric. I just think it looks like he's got mini clouds surrounding him that just get bigger as he evolves, which would make him like a storm pokemon. But Water/Fighting would be a nice choice too.
    That is nice idea, I am not a fan of Electric-type, but I would like a Water/Electric starter.

But Water/Dark would be more interesting.

I'd say Grass/Ground would be a decent matching, but Turtwig already covered that. Grass/Dark would be my personal choice, or Grass/Fighting.

Fennekin looks like it'll be fast and quick, and also has a light yellowish coloring to him, which means he could potentially be Fire/Electric. But Fire/Psychic would be sweet too.

These starters are actually pretty good, I personally didn't like a majority of the recent starters.
    Well we have two Grass/Steel Pokemon even though they aren't starters(Ferroseed and Ferrothorn).

It wouldn't be the first time we got a Steel starter(Empoleon).

I don't know if this has been shown yet it seems fake but here are the "leaked" starters evolutions name:
    Chespin - Chespike - Chespear
    Fennekin - Flannec - Fernox
    Froakie - Ribbub - Froabanet

Got this from http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/69695...mon-x/65190709
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw View Post
    I don't know if this has been shown yet it seems fake but here are the "leaked" starters evolutions name:
    Probably fake but the names do actually sound very awesome personally. Especially Froakies.

See Empoleon (3 weaknesses and 12 resistences)

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw View Post
    Doubt it's real, but really like the Chespin names. I can't wait to see it's evolutions.

My favorites team:

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Probably fake but the names do actually sound very awesome personally. Especially Froakies.
    The person who made this should get fake evo art for them too. Chespear actually sounds like it'd be an evo of Ches pin because it has the prefix/suffix pattern of starters, like the Ott starters and the Saur starters.

Page 179 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast