View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 187 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,675 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Xerneas View Post
    Night Slash hits one time, then there is a small pause and then it hits again, just like the move you see in the trailer.
    Aerial Ace also "hits" two times, but the "pause" is way shorter, because its actually just one hit. Pay attention to the target being hit, it only reacts to one hit, the first one.
    Just in case someone does not accept that its just one hit, check the animation from the third generation.
    Guys I really doubt that fennekin is using an attack psychic move (no one fire starter can learn it, except for cyndaquil, egg move however) and also if the three of them used a psychic/dark/flying/fighting move this makes them nothing more then pokemon that can learn other types moves, like all pokemon!!

Its still only one hit, in every generation.
    It looks like two hits in B2W2.

By the way, your argument is valid for Night Slash as well, it hits twice, but the animation in the trailer is very different from the animation of the move in previous generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryechuu View Post
    It would be very cool if the second typings for the later evolutions of the starters were in fact dark/fighting/psychic as the trailer appears to be suggesting. If this were the case, then none of the three starters would have an outright advantage/disadvantage over each other and would create a balanced triangle instead of the usual rock/paper/scissors pattern. Meaning that each of their typings would be both super effective and ineffective against each other..
    No matter how amazing the idea sounds, I doubt it will happen. The trailers actually doesn't show enough evidence to show that they are indeed what we want them to be. I just don't see how their typings are being depicted by the moves they used.

Not that I disagree with the idea, I actually hope that they would have the 'reverse' secondary typings for the Gen 5 starters. Maybe I just don't want to be disappointed this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    Guys I really doubt that fennekin is using an attack psychic move (no one fire starter can learn it, except for cyndaquil, egg move however) and also if the three of them used a psychic/dark/flying/fighting move this makes them nothing more then pokemon that can learn other types moves, like all pokemon!!
    Ikr. People keep jumping to assumptions. For now, don't get your hopes up because you'll just have them let down.
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

Check me out on FanFiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3016020/MonfernoFreak

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Night Slash hits one time, then there is a small pause and then it hits again, just like the move you see in the trailer.
    Aerial Ace also "hits" two times, but the "pause" is way shorter, because its actually just one hit. Pay attention to the target being hit, it only reacts to one hit, the first one.
    Just in case someone does not accept that its just one hit, check the animation from the third generation.
    Could be wrong but somewhat legit. For now, IMO, I believe this is what was being showcased in the trailer.

Spoiler:- I posted this before:

Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    Could be wrong but somewhat legit. For now, IMO, I believe this is what was being showcased in the trailer.

Perfect. Also, Aerial Ace hits twice in Generation V:

The Black/Red diagonal cut is present only in B2W2, the animation above is from BW.

Now I'm thinking that Froakie might actually become a Flying-Type...?
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Okay, because I wonder everything you post this, did someone actually think that move was will'o'wisp? o.O Really? And if not, why did you decide to use that for comparison?
    I still love you, I will till I die
    And love is much stronger then anger or pride
    Please baby, let's unburn all our bridges

No matter how amazing the idea sounds, I doubt it will happen. The trailers actually doesn't show enough evidence to show that they are indeed what we want them to be. I just don't see how their typings are being depicted by the moves they used.

Not that I disagree with the idea, I actually hope that they would have the 'reverse' secondary typings for the Gen 5 starters. Maybe I just don't want to be disappointed this time around.
    Your right. It does not really determine the typings of the starters. I was only putting attention to the moves because I predict as if there is some form of meaning behind the trailer showing a second attack for each starter. And I am definitely not holding my breath, as having great expectations can lead to great disappointment.

Do NOT make Fennekin repeat history GameFreak. I'm begging you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kariachi View Post
    Okay, because I wonder everything you post this, did someone actually think that move was will'o'wisp? o.O Really? And if not, why did you decide to use that for comparison?
    That's the exact thing I was thinking. I thought that the comparison would be Psywave. And has anyone thought about Psyshock as that move?

Except that Dark/Psychic/Fighting isn't a proper triangle. Now, if we made them Rock/Flying/Fighting...
    THIS.
    Grass/Rock.
    Fire/Flying.
    Water/Fighting.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    THIS.
    Grass/Rock.
    Fire/Flying.
    Water/Fighting.
    The problem with this is that Grass/Rock Chespin would negate Fennekin's fire. I doubt they'll give it a typing to actually withstand it's opposite.
    -sflytal

I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

THIS.
    Grass/Rock.
    Fire/Flying.
    Water/Fighting.
    I would die of joy. I mean, I wouldn't get my steel/grass or psychic/water, but it would be worth it to finally get a 'reverse triangle' and a flying Fennekin.

I didn't make this, found it while I was googling for Aerial Ace a few days back. I think the source was from /vp/. Anyway, I had Leafeon in Black 2 who actually knows Aerial Ace, and been using it alot. Watching the trailer somehow reminds me of something familiar. Actually more people tend to speculate that Fenne's 2nd move was growl, but those wavy purple lines just screamed PSYCHIC, if it's not exactly Psychic, it should be at least a Psychic type move, and analysis chart somehow fits my interpretation of them, seems legit.

Quote Originally Posted by sflytal View Post
    The problem with this is that Grass/Rock Chespin would negate Fennekin's fire. I doubt they'll give it a typing to actually withstand it's opposite.
    Yes Grass/Steel! Also, hoping for Froakie to be Water/Poison. TBH, I actually don't really care if GF didn't implement the whole Psychic/Fighting/Dark reverse typing thingy.
    Last edited by german suplex; 16th January 2013 at 9:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sflytal View Post
    That's the point. A starter's secondary type is super effective to the secondary type of the starter who's primary type is super effective to the pokémon's primary type.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Recent Shiny: Cresselia
    Current Hunt: Regirock

Its the same with Torterra, he is grass/ground. So it doesnt matter if fire loses its power
    Last Update: 13-06-2014
    System: Nintendo 3DS Yveltal
    Playing: POKEMON Y
    Badges: 8/8
    Team: Mega Charizard y, Greninja, Mamoswine, Trevenant, Rotom-W, Venusaur
    Playtime: 722:45
    E4 Win: 90
    FC: 3DS small 0920-0764-0610, Yveltal 3DSXL 4871-4646-5819

Pokedex:
    Central Kalos Dex Seen 150, Obtained 150
    Coastel Kalos Dex Seen 153, Obtained 153
    Mountain Kalos Dex Seen 151, Obtained 151
    National PokeDex Seen 715, Obtained 715

Kalos Dex Complete 04-11-2013, Central Dex Complete 20-11-2013, Mountain Dex Complete 03-12-2013. Nat. Dex Complete 22-12-2013

I didn't made this, found it while I was googling for Aerial Ace a few days back. I think the source was from /vp/. Anyway, I had Leafeon in Black 2 who actually knows Aerial Ace, and been using it alot. Watching the trailer somehow reminds me of something familiar. \ Actually more people tend to speculate that Fenne's 2nd move was growl, but those wavy purple lines just screamed PSYCHIC, if it's not exactly Psychic, it should be at least a Psychic type move, and analysis chart somehow fits my interpretation of them, seems legit.
    Okay, thank you.

I can't see Fennie's second move being growl. I just don't think the second moves have any major significance.

Actually, quick thought, what if the starter's second moves are hinting at something else entirely? I'm not sure what, but something not to do with their types. It'd be a good way to hint without worrying about people figuring it out to soon. Like an easter egg sorta thing.

I didn't make this, found it while I was googling for Aerial Ace a few days back. I think the source was from /vp/. Anyway, I had Leafeon in Black 2 who actually knows Aerial Ace, and been using it alot. Watching the trailer somehow reminds me of something familiar. Actually more people tend to speculate that Fenne's 2nd move was growl, but those wavy purple lines just screamed PSYCHIC, if it's not exactly Psychic, it should be at least a Psychic type move, and analysis chart somehow fits my interpretation of them, seems legit.
    Yes Grass/Steel! Also, hoping for Froakie to be Water/Poison. TBH, I actually don't really care if GF didn't implement the whole Psychic/Fighting/Dark reverse typing thingy.
    No one seems to care about my idea about Psyshock... Sigh...

Anyway, I'd love for a Grass/Steel! Have you seen a Chespin evo where he's actually Grass/Steel. It's epic. Just search up Chespin evolution and it should come up, although some people say it looks a little like Excadrill. Have we ever had a Water/Poison anyway?

The only problem then is that Chespin would get annihilated by Fennekin's fire attacks, while not having any moves of its same types to combat the fox.

It would probably be better if they received typings that would completely negate each other instead of typing match ups that would be super/less effective against each other.
    Last edited by Ryechuu; 16th January 2013 at 9:18 PM.

Grass/Rock.
    Fire/Flying.
    Water/Fighting.
    That would me amazing.

We would get the new Charizard to piss off its fans, a buddy for Cradily and Froakie would have a badass type combination.

Ground attacks are strong against fire types but the ground typing itself didn't decrease the effectiveness of a fire type attack. Rock would.
    -sflytal

I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

Strong attacking. But not strong defensive. The original advantages need to still exist while creating a new, counter, advantage system.
    -sflytal

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    That's the point. A starter's secondary type is super effective to the secondary type of the starter who's primary type is super effective to the pokémon's primary type.
    Hm. Interesting idea. I would actually accept the rock/fighting/flying types after being out that way.

There is one fundamental flaw here.

This is a new generation with entirely a different battling system (well I mean in terms of appearance), with completely upgraded graphics, and full 3D.

Clearly some moves are going to get updated, like Aura Sphere, it looks a little bit different than the 2D version of the move.

For example for close combat, Froakie's version is typical in the anime, just straight up, punching, kicking, pecking, smacking, and slapping.

And another thing, take out Night Slash, and put in shadow claw.

Quote Originally Posted by roy_vos View Post
    Its the same with Torterra, he is grass/ground. So it doesnt matter if fire loses its power
    Yeah, ground doesn't resist fire.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by MonfernoFreak View Post
    No one seems to care about my idea about Psyshock... Sigh...

Anyway, I'd love for a Grass/Steel! Have you seen a Chespin evo where he's actually Grass/Steel. It's epic. Just search up Chespin evolution and it should come up, although some people say it looks a little like Excadrill. Have we ever had a Water/Poison anyway?
    Well it could be, somewhere along the lines of Psychic attacks. But I still think it's the generic Psychic or Confusion rather.

Qwilfish and the Tentacool lines are the only Water/Poison I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryechuu View Post
    The only problem then is that Chespin would get annihilated by Fennekin's fire attacks, while not having any moves of its same types to combat the fox.

It would probably be better if they received typings that would completely negate each other instead of typing match ups that would be super/less effective against each other.
    True, but look at Gen 3, Swampert having 4X weakness to Grass (Sceptile). I just prefer Grass/Steel or /Rock to /Dark. Grass types have quite a number of weaknesses, being /Steel or /Rock might help Chespin counter them.

Page 187 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287 ... LastLast