View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 190 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    Even bidoof would look smarter compared to chespin..
    I don't think Chespin looks that dumb...
    Team Leader Since Gen III

The Dream Team:

Black 2: 1722 2334 0059

Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

I have a strange suspicion that fennekin will evolve into something that nobody will appreciate and that will make me sad. Conclusion I don't think fennekin will be the choic starter after we see its evolutions.
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Colegoco View Post
    I don't think Chespin looks that dumb...
    I'm sorry.. but here's what comes in my mind when I look at it..
    http://jackster3000.deviantart.com/a...spin-348852010

That's not dumb! More like 2 year-old adorable
    Team Leader Since Gen III

The Dream Team:

Black 2: 1722 2334 0059

Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw View Post
    I have a strange suspicion that fennekin will evolve into something that nobody will appreciate and that will make me sad. Conclusion I don't think fennekin will be the choic starter after we see its evolutions.
    Good on my half. I love Fennekin, but I really don't like when a Pokemon I really like gets a lot of attention. D:

It's derpdorable.

Points of view..

What about this Chespin's evolution speculation ?
    I think he's nice and the last evolution of Chespin looks cool. I don't know why, but I like how he draws this fat evolution. :3 It reminds me Torterra.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 17th January 2013 at 1:12 AM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

HOLY F*CK! You just made me want Chespin soooo much more. That's freaking adorable.
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

Check me out on FanFiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3016020/MonfernoFreak

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Quote Originally Posted by Enikia View Post
    Chesspin is so overrated like for real I dont get what the big fuss is about
    Neither do I to be honest. It's essentially a Grass-type Oshawott, which would probably appeal to me were it not for the fact that Fennekin and Froakie look so much better. Sigh. I wish Gamefreak would come up with completely original designs for the new Pokemon, but Chespin is a prime example of the opposite happening. It's so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    What about this Chespin's evolution speculation ?
    I think he's nice and the last evolution of Chespin looks cool. I don't know why, but I like how he draws this fat evolution. :3 It reminds me Torterra.
    Compared to the other fanart I've seen, this is something that could really happen.
    But I am to loyal to Froakie.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Neither do I to be honest. It's essentially a Grass-type Oshawott, which would probably appeal to me were it not for the fact that Fennekin and Froakie look so much better. Sigh. I wish Gamefreak would come up with completely original designs for the new Pokemon, but Chespin is a prime example of the opposite happening. It's so sad.
    Fennekin, to me, seems like a young Ninetails. And Froakie also seems like an oldly coloured baby Seismitoad :L
    BUT CHESPIN, he doesn't resemble Oshawott at all to me. Chespin ftw (Unless Fennekin and/or Froakie have a way more epic evolution then... Well, I will be chucking the Chespin idea in the trash).

But I just have to say this, everytime I see your signature I just crack up laughing. Mainly because we have this Nikki Minaj joke at school.
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

I don't see how people keep comparing chespin to oshawott. So what if they have similar body styles, they're 2 different-types of pokemon based on 2 different-types of animals. It's not like sugimori's really going to waste time making each pokemon design as unique as possible. I actually like it when some pokemon share similar design aspects, it shows how closely related pokemon actually are to one another.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Is it just me or does Chespin's hat thingy remind you of a tin foil hat? Maybe Chespin's final evolution will be Grass and Psychic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokénaut View Post
    Is it just me or does Chespin's hat thingy remind you of a tin foil hat? Maybe Chespin's final evolution will be Grass and Psychic.
    It will be an odd choice, but nothing yet is definitive to say "yes" or "no"...If that would be the case then Water/Dark and Fire/Fighting would be balanced. And we all know what that means :P
    Or maybe it's a simple circle and Grass/Psychic, Water/Fighting, Fire/Dark and we get the basic dominance one over the other.

I just wish we have at least a shadow. SOMETHING LEAK PLEASE :O

Anybody think we will get any info at the end of the Pokemon Episode later today?

With the types now released I think they may show a lil bit more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokénaut View Post
    I think it might just be you. Chespin will not (HOPEFULLY) become a Psychic-Type.

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    Anybody think we will get any info at the end of the Pokemon Episode later today?

With the types now released I think they may show a lil bit more of them.
    I really hope we do in that episode. I feel like I shouldn't have ever known that Generation 6 was revealed. I'm going crazy. xD

I can't believe you just said that. Chespin is Overrated?!? Look at Fennekin! Not only is it leading the poll, but people are raving and drooling over it! Also, Chespin and Oshawott are not similar. Fennekin looks like a very plain baby Ninetales.
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

I don't know why but Chespin's design irritates me. It reminds me a lot of Oshawatt.

Fennekin does look like Ninetails a little, but I always thought Vulpix and Ninetails were dogs.

Froakie reminds me of the toads in Naruto.

These designs are actually pretty good, considering the recent things that were released.

Bulbasaur-Sweet design and I love it. The part poison kills me though.
    Charmander-I don't know why but I don't really care for him too much. I like him, but not as much as the others.
    Squirtle-I love him. Wartortle is a little off for me, but Squirtle is sweet and Blastoise is badass.

I'd rank them Squirtle>Bulbasuar>Charmander for design. And Squirtle>Charmander>Bulbasaur for the order I'd chose for a team.

Cyndaquil-Loved the first two designs, but Typhlosion kinda disappoints me.
    Totodile-I love the crocodile theme.
    Chikorita-Perfect design. By far one of my favorite themes of all starters.

Chikorita>Totodile>Cyndaquil for design. Totodile>Cyndaquil>Chikorita for a team.

Treecko-I love Grovyle, but the other two are meh to me.
    Mudkip-I really love his design.
    Torchic-I love this as well.

Mudkip>Torchic>Treecko for design. Mudkip>Treecko>Torchic for a team

Chimchar-Good design, I like the monkey concept.
    Turtwig-I love this. Turtwig is sweet.
    Piplup-Irritating. The designs look awkward.

Turtwig>Chimchar>Piplup for design. Turtwig>Chimchar>Piplup for a team.

Oshawatt-I like the river otter. But the final evolution doesn't fit for me.
    Tepig-Could've been so much better. I'd like it to be a wild boar that is part ground instead.
    Snivy-Don't really care for it.

Oshawatt>Tepig>Snivy for design. Oshawatt>Tepig>Snivy for a team.

Chespin-Thus far, its my least favorite.
    Froakie-I love the toad concept. It reminds me of something that Tympole's line could've been.
    Fennekin-I like the fox concept. And it looks like it'll be a fully good design.

Fennekin>Froakie>Chespin for looks. Can't determine for team yet.

Overall, I'd rank the gens as so...

Gen 3>Gen 1>Gen 2>Gen 6>Gen 4>Gen 5
    Shorts are just so comfortable.

http://rlxc.mybrute.com

FC: 0946 9966 5155

Breaking everything down into basic shapes is a key part of animation, so you're bound to get some similarly shaped Pokemon. Anyways:

My favorites team:

Piplup, Oshawott, and Chespin don't look alike .-.

For some reason I love Froaky. His design is cool. I like his attack pose too. Almost makes me think he'll be a ninja in his final form. But personally I want to see a french boxer or fencer. Maybe a cool mustache too. I'm definitely expecting water/fighting. If he gains weight and becomes a fat toad, I'll be disappointed. He should be slim, and I would prefer a boxer look, because I don't know what he would use for a fencing sabre.

Chespin initially was unappealing to me, but after I realized he was a porcupine/chestnut combination, I started to like the idea. I believe that he might stay pure grass, but I'm kind of hoping for grass/dark. To me, it's an interesting typing, but I don't like shiftry or cacturne. Plus, the idea of a double type trio on starters should have been done ages ago. Plus he looks like he's off of happy tree friends. I want the final evolution to be bipedal, with spikes everywhere.

Fennekin is my least favorite of this batch, but its still one of my favotrite starter designs overall. If it gets the fire/psychic typing with its final evolution, it will fulfill the role I've been wanting. Ninetales is awesome, but no stab psychic moves. I'm hoping this starter line stays quadrapedal.
    Last edited by Professor Dex; 17th January 2013 at 2:33 AM.

I actually really love froakie's design too. He's so underrated.

It actually hurts my feelings when people compare the reductive Chespin to the majestic Oshawott. I think Chespin looks more like a fusion of Dewott and Nuzleaf anyway, but whatever.
    lol.

Seems that everyone is more and less hoping for the same. This will be shitstorm if not :O

Anyway, as far as starter goes, I actually LOVE this generation a lot. In order of favorites, I would go:
    Gen 1 > Gen 6 > Gen 3 > Gen 2 > Gen 4 > Gen 5
    This may change with the nest stages, but if we get the dual type trios it may become my favorite generation ever :3

Page 190 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290 ... LastLast