View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 191 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    Seems that everyone is more and less hoping for the same. This will be shitstorm if not :O

Anyway, as far as starter goes, I actually LOVE this generation a lot. In order of favorites, I would go:
    Gen 1 > Gen 6 > Gen 3 > Gen 2 > Gen 4 > Gen 5
    This may change with the nest stages, but if we get the dual type trios it may become my favorite generation ever :3
    Mine, overall for starters, is

Gen 3 > Gen 1 > Gen 6 > Gen 2 > Gen 5 > Gen 4 (Really hated the type-pairings)
    Last edited by Colegoco; 17th January 2013 at 2:45 AM. Reason: Was supposed to be Gen 6 for the 3rd one, sorry!
    Team Leader Since Gen III

The Dream Team:

Black 2: 1722 2334 0059

Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

Quote Originally Posted by mindscrew View Post
    I actually really love froakie's design too. He's so underrated.
    The poll states that actually 229 would choose chespin and 227 froakie. Now I could understand people prefering fennekin (I found him too simple and its ears really disturbing) but come on, chespin? Really?
    De gustibus, of course, but, really??XD

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    The poll states that actually 229 would choose chespin and 227 froakie. Now I could understand people prefering fennekin (I found him too simple and its ears really disturbing) but come on, chespin? Really?
    Well, He was my third choice after all :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Colegoco View Post
    Gen 3 > Gen 1 > Gen 4 > Gen 2 > Gen 5 > Gen 4 (Really hated the type-pairings)
    Why Gen 3 first? And where is Gen 6?
    First impressions count a lot

Gen 3 > Gen 1 > Gen 4 > Gen 2 > Gen 5 > Gen 4 (Really hated the type-pairings)
    Based solely on the design of stage one starters, mine would be:
    Gen 3 > Gen 6 > Gen 1 > Gen 2 > Gen 4 > Gen 5

In order of favorites: Gen 4 > Gen 1 > Gen 6 > Gen 5 > Gen 3 > Gen 2

Infernape, Empoleon and Torterra = Best starter trio.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    Why Gen 3 first?
    For me, I just loved mudkip and torchic's designs. And treeko just had a bad *ss expression. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Dex View Post
    For me, I just loved mudkip and torchic's designs. And treeko just had a bad *ss expression. ^_^
    Because I heard I liek Mudkipz. The first Gen 4 was supposed to be Gen 6 by the way, fixed that.

The Dream Team:

Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

Hacks obviously. That's the only explanation =P

Talking about the all game I would say:
    Gen 3> Gen 2> Gen 1> Gen 4> Gen 5.
    Talking about starters designs:
    Gen 3> Gen 6> Gen 1> Gen 2> Gen 4> Gen 5.
    Best starter design; Charizard.
    Best starter in team: Swampert.

Nice topic, my personal ranking of the starters is Gen 3 > Gen 1 > Gen 4 > Gen 2 > Gen 5. Still have to see the Gen 6 evolutions to include them in the list, but as of right now I love their stage one designs.

My favorites team:

Talking about the all game I would say:
    Gen 3> Gen 2> Gen 1> Gen 4> Gen 5.
    Talking about starters designs:
    Gen 3> Gen 6> Gen 1> Gen 2> Gen 4> Gen 5.
    Best starter design; Charizard.
    Best starter in team: Swampert.
    I LOVE Swampert, best starter, add an ice move and it's unstoppable. Totally agree for that, just overall gameplay, though It goes 5 4 3 2 1 for best story.

The Dream Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Xadium View Post
    I can't believe you just said that. Chespin is Overrated?!? Look at Fennekin! Not only is it leading the poll, but people are raving and drooling over it! Also, Chespin and Oshawott are not similar. Fennekin looks like a very plain baby Ninetales.
        Spoiler:- Fennekin & Ninetales:

Besides the fact they are foxes, they look nothing alike. I am sick of hearing this argument, so here you go. Decide for yourselves.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

I like Generation 5 starters, they have nice designs (Serperior and Emboar at least), but I understand why people would put them in the least favorite spot.

But... I never seen so much hate towards Generation 4 starters before. lol
    In some other forums they are usually paired with Generation I starters as the most populars.

On topic: Fennekin and Ninetales look nothing alike. Ninetales doesn't have a gigantic head like Fennekin , the fur color is different, etc.

As a kitsune fan, I agree, they look nothing alike. I don't like that each Starter is being compared to another Pokemon. :/

I LOVE Swampert, best starter, add an ice move and it's unstoppable. Totally agree for that, just overall gameplay, though It goes 5 4 3 2 1 for best story.
    Swampert's great, until it goes up against Sceptile

My favorites team:

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin17 View Post
    Nice topic, my personal ranking of the starters is Gen 3 > Gen 1 > Gen 4 > Gen 2 > Gen 5. Still have to see the Gen 6 evolutions to include them in the list, but as of right now I love their stage one designs.
    Right. Your picture of chespin and pikachu catches my idea of chespin. It should have been the pikachu/pichu/pachirisu/emolga or the rattata/sentret/zizagoon/bidoof/patrat of 6th gen (without that hat, stolen to swadloon), I mean the electric or normal rodent. Or maybe it's just game freak who make me think that because of tradition..

Swampert's great, until it goes up against Sceptile
    That's very true, but there's always that magical button that bring much hate, but allows you to switch out your pokemon

The Dream Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post

Besides the fact they are foxes, they look nothing alike. I am sick of hearing this argument, so here you go. Decide for yourselves.
    They're both yellow(ish), they both have red eyes, and they both are foxes like you said.

I can understand somebody seeing the similarities, but I honestly don't care. As I've said before, I actually like when some pokemon look similar.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Right. Your picture of chespin and pikachu catches my idea of chespin. It should have been the pikachu/pichu/pachirisu/emolga or the rattata/sentret/zizagoon/bidoof/patrat of 6th gen (without that hat, stolen to swadloon), I mean the electric or normal rodent. Or maybe it's just game freak who make me think that because of tradition..
    Awwww....Chespin :3

My favorites team:

THANK YOU. I'd sig this if it wasn't huge and my sig wasn't already full of Fennekin and Ninetales love.

Fen I see staying elegant and smooth in its evolutions, but Chez I can see becoming a speed beast and 'Fro becoming a hulking Nidoking-esque monster.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Awwww....Chespin :3
    I actually love Chespin... now, it all depends on how hideous they decide to make the final evo of course, but it's my favorite ATM.

The Dream Team:

Bro, come on. Same colour, same red eyes, the end of the tail of different colour, that sort of beard, the black nose, tuft which looks like ears hear.. I mean, Ninetales is a better evolution for fennekin then for vulpix..XD

Besides the bipedal stance, I'm not seeing the similarities between Chespin and Oshawott.

Bro, come on. Same colour, same red eyes, the end of the tail of different colour, that sort of beard, the black nose, tuft which looks like ears hear.. I mean, Ninetales is a better evolution for fennekin then for vulpix..XD
    So what? Plus there based off of different types of foxes. One is mythical and the other one is based off of a real life fennec.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Flygon View Post
    They're both yellow(ish), they both have red eyes, and they both are foxes like you said.

I can understand somebody seeing the similarities, but I honestly don't care. As I've said before, I actually like when some pokemon look similar.
    Fennekin is Orange, not yellow. I noticed the red eyes, but that's basically it. Other than that and they are both foxes, they have no similarities between them.

I cannot see any resemblance, nor can I understand why people are using Ninetales as an excuse to hate on Fennekin.

I bet they disliked Zorua because it looks too much like Vulpix, or Seismatoad because it looked a lot like Poliwrath? (please correct me on spelling, 100% sure I spelled Seismatoad wrong) Just cause they look similar doesn't mean they aren't as good.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Fennekin is Orange, not yellow. I noticed the red eyes, but that's basically it. Other than that and they are both foxes, they have no similarities between them.

I cannot see any resemblance, nor can I understand why people are using Ninetales as an excuse to hate on Fennekin.

I bet they disliked Zorua because it looks too much like Vulpix, or Seismatoad because it looked a lot like Poliwrath? (please correct me on spelling, 100% sure I spelled Seismatoad wrong) Just cause they look similar doesn't mean they aren't as good.
    There's nothing wrong with simmilar but different pokemon. Like ALL OF THE BIRDS. And Zubat and Woobat... Ohgod...

The Dream Team:

Page 191 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291 ... LastLast