View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 198 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298 ... LastLast
Results 4,926 to 4,950 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kariachi View Post
    So does Trubbish. ^_^ I squeed when I first heard one. I can only pray that the new cries are as awesome.
    I hope so as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    The cries are likely going to sound so amazing yet awkward. Why awkward? Say you send out a Pokemon that has a cry like Togekiss or Chandelure, a really complex one, that's from Gen VI then you send out a Gen I or Gen II Pokemon. The 8-bit noises coming from the older Pokemon will seem so weird compared to the new ones. I honestly don't know how to feel after thinking about that... It'll just make classics like Pikachu and Bulbasaur sound so old.
    Yes, I see what you mean. I thought about that as well. I'd like if they edited the older Pokemon's cries to make them seem more up to date as the newer ones are, but I doubt that will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    Guys. Look. At. These.
    Attachment 7761
    OMG. Fennekin's fake evolutions look wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    Which one? :O

BTW, I just saw the trailer again...I noticed there are slight changes when starters fight. I think it was pointed out before, but now that I see that Fennekin has the same feature I don't think it's only an illusion.
    If you are talking to me, I was talking about froakie last evolution..I mean it looks like a serpentine flying dragon...Fennekin evos are cool too and chespin's are..mehh..But I dislike chespin so maybe they're are appropriate XD

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Yes, I see what you mean. I thought about that as well. I'd like if they edited the older Pokemon's cries to make them seem more up to date as the newer ones are, but I doubt that will happen.
    Nostalgia fanboys/fangirls that still play Pokemon would be angered by that though. Maybe they could manage to make the sounds seem more modern sounded yet keep the same tone. I don't know how they could do it if they were to even bother.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

So what I was saying:
    Chespin: Spikes Off / Spikes On
    Fennekin: Comb On / Comb Off
    Froakie: Small Foam on Back / Bigger Foram on Back

If you are talking to me, I was talking about froakie last evolution..I mean it looks like a serpentine flying dragon...Fennekin evos are cool too and chespin's are..mehh..But I dislike chespin so maybe they're are appropriate XD
    lol poor Chespin.

And yes, Fennekin looks cool but I think it went to a violent path, you know. Hard to explain, but I think on Fennekin as something "calmer".

*Isn't here for fan art* I'm still admiring Fennekin's design. It just looks so cute. I can't wait to buy some of the new Fennekin merchandise. Anyway, I've been thinking about getting both versions so that I can choose Froakie as a Starter in one of them. I think it has potential, moreso than Chespin anyway. I'm just not here for Grass-types right now.

So what I was saying:
    Chespin: Spikes Off / Spikes On
    Fennekin: Comb On / Comb Off
    Froakie: Small Foam on Back / Bigger Foram on Back

I could be totally wrong about this, but I wonder if those could be gender differences between each of the starters. If not I'm not really sure how to explain it.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

I only like the second stage of Froakie there. Froaking looks awful and Chespin looks plain un-designed.
    Let's just hope that we don't wish that they were like this in the future.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

From what I've seen/thought, it seems like Chespin's Spikes gets sharper when he attacks. And Fennekin's ear hair gets spiky when he attacks. And Froakie.. not seen any differance..
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    From what I've seen/thought, it seems like Chespin's Spikes gets sharper when he attacks. And Fennekin's ear hair gets spiky when he attacks. And Froakie.. not seen any differance..
    and Frokies something else gets spiky when it attacks, if you know what I mean. Hahaha joke.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    and Frokies something else gets spiky when it attacks, if you know what I mean. Hahaha joke.
    I think I know what you mean, but I don't dare say it. :3 So it IS male!

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

I could be totally wrong about this, but I wonder if those could be gender differences between each of the starters. If not I'm not really sure how to explain it.
    I don't think its a gender difference because when Fennkin is about to attack Kirlia, his ears's fur makes that transition
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

Nostalgia fanboys/fangirls that still play Pokemon would be angered by that though. Maybe they could manage to make the sounds seem more modern sounded yet keep the same tone. I don't know how they could do it if they were to even bother.
    Yea, that's what I meant. xD I probably worded it wrong. I hope they would do something like that. :/

At first I thought the same, but look at the distance of that foam in the arms. You'll see that it "advances" a little bit. It may be just the animation, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    Let's just hope that we don't wish that they were like this in the future.
    I just hope we have silhouettes soon so we can see better fanarts :P
    </What bluemiracle posted.>

I would say that it's just the animation, but of course, I can't tell for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kariachi View Post
    So. Pretty. o-o Take that Milotic!!

So does Trubbish. ^_^ I squeed when I first heard one. I can only pray that the new cries are as awesome.
    Tis a true work of art, I would like to do my own but I don't enjoy making fanart. but I really hope fennekin gets this sort of feel when it evolves.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

I would say that it's just the animation, but of course, I can't tell for sure.
    I think that chespin gets its spikes on, fennekin gets its spiky ears hair and froakie gets an attack pose..I mean Chespin and fennekin stay still, froakie jumps, then put a hand down and attacks.
    Last edited by john90; 17th January 2013 at 9:07 PM.

I also found froakie fake evolutions on that site..!!
    http://groundlion.tumblr.com/post/40...ys-new-pokemon
    Another flying frog..Could this happen at the end?
    ... I could live with that.

Guys. Look. At. These.
    Attachment 7761
    Those too.
    I still love you, I will till I die
    And love is much stronger then anger or pride
    Please baby, let's unburn all our bridges

Oh if those changes are just in a short trailer, gamefreak have a lot of work to do in 9 months. It could just be animation with Fenekkin but Chespin definitely changed his 'spikes', froakie doesn't change though. I really cant wait for the evolutions to be revealed, but i hope at least one gains the flying type, i can imagine a 'bounce' Froakie.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

I could see Chespin with Rollout... Fennekin with Pursuit or something similar and Froakie with Bounce
    -sflytal

I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

My level 100s:

Well those are some interesting things to happen. But, what if that happens every time they get angry or attack? Like when they say when Jolteon gets angry the hairs on its body turn into spikes?

Prediction - Chespin will either go speed-wise or defense-wise. Those big sleek claws suggest speedy, slashy moves to me, but the spiky helmet suggests defense. Maybe it'll harness both, like Serperior?

I believe Fennekin will go the speed/special attacker route. I can't exactly explain why, it just says 'elegant and nimble' to me rather than 'tough and slow'.

And finally, Froakie, I believe might be the fierce attacker of the three, with bulky hp thrown in. Maybe this is just hope speaking...I love physical water types like Gyarados. The world needs more of them <3
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

I'll have to wait until the final forms are released as those are the most important.

Wow, Froakie is definitely growing on me. We'll just have to see his final evolution. :/
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    Wow, Froakie is definitely growing on me. We'll just have to see his final evolution. :/
    It's going to look like Seismitoad.

Miss Fennekin's lucky that she already has such a huge fanbase because even if her evolved forms suck, she'll still have a lot of supporters who will choose her as their Starter just because she's cute. The same might apply to Froakie, but only time will tell. Gosh, I really want more information about the Starters; October is so far away. :c

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    It's going to look like Seismitoad.

Miss Fennekin's lucky that she already has such a huge fanbase because even if her evolved forms suck, she'll still have a lot of supporters who will choose her as their Starter just because she's cute. The same might apply to Froakie, but only time will tell. Gosh, I really want more information about the Starters; October is so far away. :c
    Let me understand..You take this like a competion? XD

Page 198 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298 ... LastLast