View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 20 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430701201020 ... LastLast

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

I wonder what their stats will be like.I can imagine something like Fenneckin's line having an emphasis on Special Attack and Speed,Froakie more Physical and Speed based with a reasonable Special Attack,while Chespin could be very defensive with a high Attack.

And I also wonder if they have a dual type in their base form...hmm...

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

I LOVE them!!! They all look great!! Chespin, the pine tree/ chestnut/ hedgehog...I'm predicting grass/ rock...Fennekin, the adorable zorua/ ninetales hybrid I'm predicting fire/ psychic...Froakie, the traditionally rendered frog I predict water/ ice or pure water...I'm DEFINITELY picking Fennekin...Oh I just noticed, no reptile this gen...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Tavo_Zx View Post
    Torchic doesn't give the impression of a Fighting type, but the concept it is based on (chicken fights) makes it a logical Fighting type.

As for Piplup. It is not a Steel type. Only Empoleon is a Steel type, and it design fits Steel types.
    You just answered your own question, don't use the pre-evos as a definite guide for their fully evolved forms. Plus we don't know what concept these starters are based on yet, Not many would assume torchic was based on ****-fighting if we didn't see any of it's evos.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

It was just a Logical thought, but i'm glad i'm not alone
    Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh I HATE the Macarena!

Black FC: 0389-8081-4375
    White FC: 3009-7392-4895
    Black 2 FC: 2323-3950-3357
    White 2 FC: 2967-6401-6065
    3DS FC: 0173-1521-1168 (Witha FS Of Rock containing Pupitar, Dweeble and Barbaracle)

I hope Froakie's final stage won't be Water/Fightning, we have two fightning frogs already. One of them is Water/Fightning.
    It's pretty obvious that Fennekin's evos will be Fire/Psychic because of it using some Psychic type attack (Psychic?). Chespin will most likely be Grass/Dark because of it using Night Slash.
    The Fightning/Psychic/Dark trio would make Chespin weak to Froakie, Froakie weak to Fennekin and Fennekin weak to Chespin so it would be easier to defeat the starter of the 'opposite' type when it's fully evolved.

Honestly, the new starters of any generation look weird to me until they become familiar. So, let's see...Chespin is my favorite, despite the fact that I basically never get into the Grass starters more than Fire or Water. Fennekin is okay, but I'm not sure. A Fire/Fighting evolution would be redundant, so I'm trying to imagine what secondary type (if any) its evolutions will have. Honestly, Froakie is my least favorite of the starters. I don't hate him, but he does not strike my interest nearly as much as Oshawott did for Gen V. At this point, I just want Chespin's family to be awesome, both in design and functionality.
    Let's face it: ferret-esque Pokemon are the most epic Pokemon ever (to me)!!!!!! Why can't Nintendo make ones that AREN'T NU Pokemon?!? One of these guys in standard would make me quite happy.

Started by jesusfreak94:
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9186-8386 Pokemon Found: Mienfoo, Throw, Breloom

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN KING View Post
    Okay stupid name guessing by PKMN KING!

Chespin: Ches? + Pin (something pointy?=dark?) (Grass/Dark)
    Fennikin: Fennick Fox + Telekinis (Fire/Psychic)
    Froakie: Frog + a + Rocky Balboa (Water/Fighting)
    Well I don't know, but what I know for sure is this:

Chespin: Chestnut +? : it's based on a Chestnut cuz it's looking like one and it's a Grass type,
    Fennikin: Fennec Fox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fennec_fox) + ? = It's based on a Fennec Fox.
    Froakie: Frog + Soak?: it being based on a frog and Soak because it's water.

Too bad I don't speak German, French or Japanese cause by looking at those names you can really find out a lot too.

It's gonna be dark/grass psychic/fire and fighting/water and I don't see why people like chespin I'm leaning towards choosing froakie but I didn't want to choose another water starter :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Flygon View Post
    You just answered your own question, don't use the pre-evos as a definite guide for their fully evolved forms. Plus we don't know what concept these starters are based on yet, Not many would assume torchic was based on ****-fighting if we didn't see any of it's evos.
    You have a good point there my friend.

On the stats subject: As I stated before, I think Chespin Will have good defenses and average attack and speed, Fennekin will have great Special Attack and good speed, but not so high defenses. Froakie will have balanced stats, with a bit more focus on attack.

In my opinion, Chespin could actually end up being grass/dark, if they continue with the Chestnut=Dark association they had with shiftry.

If we are lucky we could end up with a hegehog/bakemono final stage! (crossing fingers for that)

Quote Originally Posted by Spriteman View Post
    Lickilicky sounds like a peadophile-mon. I made this thing on another forum after I'd heard it.
    Man: Hey, kid, I'll battle you. Just lemme reach down to my balls and pull out my Lickilicky...
    Kid: I need an adult. I NEED AN ADULT!

Quote Originally Posted by Furret Master View Post
    Honestly, the new starters of any generation look weird to me until they become familiar. So, let's see...Chespin is my favorite, despite the fact that I basically never get into the Grass starters more than Fire or Water. Fennekin is okay, but I'm not sure. A Fire/Fighting evolution would be redundant, so I'm trying to imagine what secondary type (if any) its evolutions will have. Honestly, Froakie is my least favorite of the starters. I don't hate him, but he does not strike my interest nearly as much as Oshawott did for Gen V. At this point, I just want Chespin's family to be awesome, both in design and functionality.
    Ive noticed that all of older generations pokemon have took awhile to get used to. Glad to see someone feels similar
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

I definitely think that the new Pokemon will take some getting used to. I like the Fire-type fox Pokemon the most right now, but I'll probably warm up to the Grass-type and the Water-type later on once I've gotten used to seeing them in the games and in the anime.

I honestly think that Chespin will be pure Grass

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw View Post
    Ive noticed that all of older generations pokemon have took awhile to get used to. Glad to see someone feels similar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I definitely think that the new Pokemon will take some getting used to. I like the Fire-type fox Pokemon the most right now, but I'll probably warm up to the Grass-type and the Water-type later on once I've gotten used to see them in the games and in the anime.
    Just like I have stated before, Fennekin seems like the most well recieved starter of this gen. This is probably because of what you said. Since Fennekin has a resemblance to old Pokémon (Vulpix and Zorua) it seems more familiar to us, hence why it is really likeable.

Quote Originally Posted by tailswalker View Post
    In my opinion, Chespin could actually end up being grass/dark, if they continue with the Chestnut=Dark association they had with shiftry.

If we are lucky we could end up with a hegehog/bakemono final stage! (crossing fingers for that)
    i think it'll be a grass/rock.
    a rock hard chesnut shell?

i think the fire one will be fire/dark or possibly fire/psychic, but that seems a bit too ninetales.

and i think the water one will be water/poison, cuz i dont think we have hade a poison frog yet, its always been fighting, psychic or ground but never poison.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

You have a good point there my friend.

On the stats subject: As I stated before, I think Chespin Will have good defenses and average attack and speed, Fennekin will have great Special Attack and good speed, but not so high defenses. Froakie will have balanced stats, with a bit more focus on attack.
    i agree with that and in regard to their stats do you think that someone will crack the 3ds before relese so that we will be able to know their stats.

Just like I have stated before, Fennekin seems like the most well recieved starter of this gen. This is probably because of what you said. Since Fennekin has a resemblance to old Pokémon (Vulpix and Zorua) it seems more familiar to us, hence why it is really likeable.
    It seems to be between Chespin and Fennekin to me right now. I feel I should mention that so far there's very little hate going around, as if almost everyone is either neutral or on some scale of intrigued to excited about the new generation. Which is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by spiller View Post
    i agree with that and in regard to their stats do you think that someone will crack the 3ds before relese so that we will be able to know their stats.
    As far as I know, some advance has been done into cracking the 3ds. But I don't think I would check their stats, I would really love to know their strenghts and weaknesses by using the three of them.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    It seems to be between Chespin and Fennekin to me right now. I feel I should mention that so far there's very little hate going around, as if almost everyone is either neutral or on some scale of intrigued to excited about the new generation. Which is awesome.
    I have already decided to choose Froakie. The minute I saw it I knew I wanted it. I also think it is awesome that little to none *****ing about the starters has happened.

Also going to stats:

All 3 of them come off as stealthy, hopefully for once the water starter is the fastest, but I wouldn't be surprised if the fire starter stole that right.

Offensively I bet chespin is the main physical attacker, fennekin may be the special attacker, and Froakie can go either way for now.

Defensively I imagine is fair game for all but Chespin is my bet. Froakie keeping in theme with many other water-types probably has good HP
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post

i think the fire one will be fire/dark or possibly fire/psychic, but that seems a bit too ninetales.

and i think the water one will be water/poison, cuz i dont think we have hade a poison frog yet, its always been fighting, psychic or ground but never poison.
    Toxicroak and crogunk where poison frogs but also fighting types

Very insightful point, i guess thats why i feel more like to it and the grass one
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

Croagunk

------
    10 characters
    About Me:

- Favorite type: Grass (Sorry bug )

- Other favorite types: Bug, Ghost and Fighting
    -#1 Favorite Pokemon: Guess... ()

- Other Favorites (In no particular order): Greninja, Sceptile, Talonflame, Ferrothorn, Gardevoir, Liligant, Dusknoir, Roserade, Toxicroak, Ninjask, Mismagius, Scolipede, Aegislash, Heracross, Ampharos, Trevenant, Luxray, Forretress, Altaria, Accelgor, Smeargle, Exeggutor, Gliscore, and Breloom

--------------

THIS is how it's done: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-67308425

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-67301740

Smeargle OP must ban

Did you forget about croagunk?

Personally I have my ideas about them, but I really don't mind what they turn out to be, it's gotta be better than the gen 5 starters

On the subject of stats, I hope they do a better job on the starters' stats than they did for Gen V. That's what has bugged me about the Gen V starters. I liked the ideas, but they were made too weak in my opinion. Especially Samurott, my absolute favorite starter of all time. It also didn't help that they tried too hard to balance them by making them all have the same Base Stat Totals. I think the starters need to be very solid, unlike how many of the starters are found in the lower tiers.
    Last edited by Furret Master; 8th January 2013 at 10:07 PM.
    Let's face it: ferret-esque Pokemon are the most epic Pokemon ever (to me)!!!!!! Why can't Nintendo make ones that AREN'T NU Pokemon?!? One of these guys in standard would make me quite happy.

Started by jesusfreak94:
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9186-8386 Pokemon Found: Mienfoo, Throw, Breloom

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    Well I don't know, but what I know for sure is this:

Chespin: Chestnut +? : it's based on a Chestnut cuz it's looking like one and it's a Grass type,
    Fennikin: Fennec Fox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fennec_fox) + ? = It's based on a Fennec Fox.
    Froakie: Frog + Soak?: it being based on a frog and Soak because it's water.

Too bad I don't speak German, French or Japanese cause by looking at those names you can really find out a lot too.
    Chespin's entire thing is Chestnuts
    Ches is obvious but some chestnuts are called "chinkapin"

It also doubles as adding in "pin" since, going by the japanese name, it's based on a hedgehog.

Fennikin probably references fire and maybe child with kin

Page 20 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430701201020 ... LastLast