View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 220 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270320 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    "Ohhh what friend of eevee will they meet next?!"
    I don't think they showed the other eevees today, is what I'm getting at
    True, but this all seems a little sketchy IMO.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    True, but this all seems a little sketchy IMO.
    Well it is a sketch :V

also regardless of eevees its not a starter so please stop discussing it here!

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Well it is a sketch :V

also regardless of eevees its not a starter so please stop discussing it here!
    It's evolutions are starters in One game. :3 But I know, sorry about that.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

I'm actually okay with them not revealing anything about the Starters. I mean, it just makes me wonder how they'll turn out. But, if their evolved forms all turn out to be pure, then I'll be kicking myself.

Why was anyone expecting anything new to be shown? They still have 10 months to show stuff, and almost everyone is expecting them to reveal everything right away.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    Why was anyone expecting anything new to be shown? They still have 10 months to show stuff, and almost everyone is expecting them to reveal everything right away.
    It happens every single time with Pokemon Smash because ????
    The people expecting starter evolution reveals in particular were silly

I was mainly expecting sizes for the starters, types for the legendaries, or classifications for the starters/legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I'm actually okay with them not revealing anything about the Starters. I mean, it just makes me wonder how they'll turn out. But, if their evolved forms all turn out to be pure, then I'll be kicking myself.
    I'll be kicking myself if they have limited movepools. The starters need to be more like Infernape and Swampert in DPPt OU, with better stats.
    It really disappointed me Serperior didn't have that good of a movepool if not another type.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    I'll be kicking myself if they have limited movepools. The starters need to be more like Infernape and Swampert in DPPt OU, with better stats.
    It really disappointed me Serperior didn't have that good of a movepool if not another type.
    That is something to think about. Movepool and stats are key as well. But, I still use them regardless. I'm a Jalorda (Serperior) user. xD
    Its movepool did get to me when I first saw it, but after time I got used to it and in BW2 it got better. Its type is a different story for me. Still wishes for Grass/Dragon even though it'll destroy the Starter damage circle

Yeah, Serperior was a HUGE disappointment.

I agree, before the starters were getting stronger with each passing generation, but last gen they took a big step back by lowering serperior and samurotts move pools having some more usable move would have been welcomed Immensely.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

just overall, there have been quie a few pokemon with base 530 stats and bellow in the OU tier, however a main thing that has put them there is their ability (with the exception of infernape whose movepool is massive). I'm thinking the starters are going to be RU, UU. though I reaally would like it if they were good enough for OU. I hope we don't have a gen of all NU starters again.

That is something to think about. Movepool and stats are key as well. But, I still use them regardless. I'm a Jalorda (Serperior) user. xD
    Its movepool did get to me when I first saw it, but after time I got used to it and in BW2 it got better. Its type is a different story for me. Still wishes for Grass/Dragon even though it'll destroy the Starter damage circle
    What's the point of using the Japanese name if you state the English one right after? It's not cute.

On the topic of starter's movepools, yeah, I'm hoping Chespin gets a decent one. They all seem to have potential to be great, but so did Snivy/Oshawott/Tepig.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

What's the point of using the Japanese name if you state the English one right after? It's not cute.

On the topic of starter's movepools, yeah, I'm hoping Chespin gets a decent one. They all seem to have potential to be great, but so did Snivy/Oshawott/Tepig.
    Because I don't want anyone questioning me of who they are, that's why. And the way you talk is so not cute.

On the topic of starter's movepools, yeah, I'm hoping Chespin gets a decent one.
    I'm hoping all three get good ones.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Recent Shiny: Cresselia
    Current Hunt: Regirock

I think Froakie will have a large movepool if it is part Fighting, and Fennekin/Chespin will have medium sized ones.

I think Froakie will have a large movepool if it is part Fighting, and Fennekin/Chespin will have medium sized ones.
    That seems like the most possibly. I'm just hoping that they get a signature move of some kind as well.

That seems like the most possibly. I'm just hoping that they get a signature move of some kind as well.
    The most exclusive moves I see them getting are Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, and Hydro Cannon.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Recent Shiny: Cresselia
    Current Hunt: Regirock

I think that the best movepool will belong to Chespin, due it's regular typing if it's Dark.
    The one with the Dark secondary type will have the largest movepool. :O

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    The most exclusive moves I see them getting are Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, and Hydro Cannon.
    And that's what I feared the most.

If not signature moves, then I would like them to have moves not commonly learned.
    Chespin: Needle Arm, Wood Hammer
    Fennekin: Heat Wave, Psyshock(?)
    Froakie: Muddy Water, Aura Sphere

Any suggestions?

They definitely need to bring back signature moves for starters(or almost signature). They sort of did it in Gen 5. Only Tepig and Blitzle got Flame Charge until the TM Tubeline Bridge(by which point it's near-useless). Leaf Tornado and Razor Shell are only given to a handful of pokemon as well but the problem is that, while useful for a few levels the ultimately all sucked. I'd like something closer to what the Gen3 starters got: Muddy Water only had a slight niche over Surf but Blaze Kick and Leaf Blade are both usable right up to the E4 and beyond.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

If not signature moves, then I would like them to have moves not commonly learned.
    Chespin: Needle Arm, Wood Hammer
    Fennekin: Heat Wave, Psyshock(?)
    Froakie: Muddy Water, Aura Sphere

Any suggestions?
    Well, Fennekin's moves are learned by a lot of Pokemon since Heat Wave is learned via tutor and Psyshock is by TM. Muddy Water, I don't really know since I don't teach my Pokemon it, but I think it's via tutor. But, all the others one are okay. I guess I'll go through the list of moves to see what is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    They definitely need to bring back signature moves for starters(or almost signature). They sort of did it in Gen 5. Only Tepig and Blitzle got Flame Charge until the TM Tubeline Bridge(by which point it's near-useless). Leaf Tornado and Razor Shell are only given to a handful of pokemon as well but the problem is that, while useful for a few levels the ultimately all sucked. I'd like something closer to what the Gen3 starters got: Muddy Water only had a slight niche over Surf but Blaze Kick and Leaf Blade are both usable right up to the E4 and beyond.
    Whenever I have a Pokemon that wants to learn Leaf Blade, that's always going to be in that Pokemon's moveset in all of my games. I agree, I would love to see special/exclusive/signature moves which are strong like they were in the 3rd gen for the starters and some other Pokemon in the 6th gen.

I'm quite sure fennekin will remain pure fire.. Look at all past "dog/cat/fox (you understand uh? XD)" pokemon:
    Growlite/Arcanine
    Vulpix/ Ninetales
    Meowth/Persian
    Eevee/Eeveelutions
    Snubull/Granbull
    Poochyena/Mightyena
    Skitty/Delcatty
    Electrike/Manectric
    Absol
    Shinx/Luxio/Luxray
    Glameow/Purugly
    Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland
    Purrloin/Liepard
    Zorua/Zoroark
    Houndour/Houndoom
    [Riolu/Lucario--> actually dogs in nature (?) but yeah not really in a dog pose)]

Among all these only the last two are dual-type and probably because they were excited about the introduction of dark type.. Everything can happen however..

Page 220 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270320 ... LastLast