View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 221 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271321 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,525 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #5501
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avsimone View Post
    just overall, there have been quie a few pokemon with base 530 stats and bellow in the OU tier, however a main thing that has put them there is their ability (with the exception of infernape whose movepool is massive). I'm thinking the starters are going to be RU, UU. though I reaally would like it if they were good enough for OU. I hope we don't have a gen of all NU starters again.
    why do you think they will be so low tier (ru) (uu is actually still decent) alot of past starters were still good on OU teams this gen, sceptile has success so does swampert feraligatr and dreamworld charizad are all low tier starters that really deserve more respect than they get.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

    .

    White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

    [IMG] [/IMG]

  2. #5502
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    I'm quite sure fennekin will remain pure fire.. Look at all past "dog/cat/fox (you understand uh? XD)" pokemon:
    Growlite/Arcanine
    Vulpix/ Ninetales
    Meowth/Persian
    Eevee/Eeveelutions
    Snubull/Granbull
    Poochyena/Mightyena
    Skitty/Delcatty
    Electrike/Manectric
    Absol
    Shinx/Luxio/Luxray
    Glameow/Purugly
    Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland
    Purrloin/Liepard
    Zorua/Zoroark
    Houndour/Houndoom
    [Riolu/Lucario--> actually dogs in nature (?) but yeah not really in a dog pose)]

    Among all these only the last two are dual-type and probably because they were excited about the introduction of dark type.. Everything can happen however..
    That's good and all, but trying to compare Fennekin with past Pokemon might not get us anywhere, because Gamefreak can do whatever they want with those Pokemon. :/

  3. #5503
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    That's good and all, but trying to compare Fennekin with past Pokemon might not get us anywhere, because Gamefreak can do whatever they want with those Pokemon. :/
    I stated that everything can happen in fact..
    Checking about frogs.. All have a dualtype in their line:

    Poliwrath
    Toxicroak
    Seismitod

    Can't really understand what chespin family could be. So I'll wait and see..

  4. #5504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    They definitely need to bring back signature moves for starters(or almost signature). They sort of did it in Gen 5. Only Tepig and Blitzle got Flame Charge until the TM Tubeline Bridge(by which point it's near-useless). Leaf Tornado and Razor Shell are only given to a handful of pokemon as well but the problem is that, while useful for a few levels the ultimately all sucked. I'd like something closer to what the Gen3 starters got: Muddy Water only had a slight niche over Surf but Blaze Kick and Leaf Blade are both usable right up to the E4 and beyond.
    Tepig did get a signature move in Heat Crash, though it's not the most useful. I really liked that the Hoenn starters had great signature moves.
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 20th January 2013 at 2:41 AM. Reason: damn it

  5. #5505
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In the sky with diamonds
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    why do you think they will be so low tier (ru) (uu is actually still decent) alot of past starters were still good on OU teams this gen, sceptile has success so does swampert feraligatr and dreamworld charizad are all low tier starters that really deserve more respect than they get.
    Screw the tiers I have money competitive isn't everything. I'm raising a Charizard at the moment and she's wonderful. I'm saddened by the hatred this Pokemon got once bloody Stealth Rock appeared. Every time a rock move hits her and she survives, I feel a little bit of my faith in the world restored

    All I wish for the new starters is attractive, inventive designs, wide movepools and useable stats. It feels a little sad to start judging them by Smogon's classifications before we've even seen them.
    - Hiatus Notice -

    I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

    I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

    It's been a fun 3 years ~

  6. #5506
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    All I wish for the new starters is attractive, inventive designs, wide movepools and useable stats. It feels a little sad to start judging them by Smogon's classifications before we've even seen them.
    This is pretty much all I want as well. No big demands, just small ones like these. Dangnabbit Fire/Psychic Fennekin evolutions as well

  7. #5507
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Well, Fennekin's moves are learned by a lot of Pokemon since Heat Wave is learned via tutor and Psyshock is by TM. Muddy Water, I don't really know since I don't teach my Pokemon it, but I think it's via tutor. But, all the others one are okay. I guess I'll go through the list of moves to see what is good.
    I forgot Heat Wave was a move tutor. Muddy Wator isn't tutor, but I kind of just threw it in the because I couldn't think of anything. For Fennekin I couldn't think of anything either XD. Maybe they'll all have Gen VI moves, like last gen.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Tepig did get a signature move in Flame Charge, though it's not the most useful. I really liked that the Hoenn starters had great signature moves.
    And Oshawott had Razor Shell and Snivy had Leaf Tornado.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  8. #5508
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Screw the tiers I have money competitive isn't everything. I'm raising a Charizard at the moment and she's wonderful. I'm saddened by the hatred this Pokemon got once bloody Stealth Rock appeared. Every time a rock move hits her and she survives, I feel a little bit of my faith in the world restored

    All I wish for the new starters is attractive, inventive designs, wide movepools and useable stats. It feels a little sad to start judging them by Smogon's classifications before we've even seen them.
    Oh believe me I agree whole heartily! that's why I use allot of these so called Terrible starters on OU teams. Its actually quite funny when an elitist opponent scoff at you for using a low tier pokemon, and then later rage quit because you used said pokemon to destroy them! Oh and I really agree with your last part decent stats great looks a creative move pool are all Im really looking for, making the pokemon good is my job
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

    .

    White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

    [IMG] [/IMG]

  9. #5509
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    Oh believe me I agree whole heartily! that's why I use allot of these so called Terrible starters on OU teams. Its actually quite funny when an elitist opponent scoff at you for using a low tier pokemon, and then later rage quit because you used said pokemon to destroy them! Oh and I really agree with your last part decent stats great looks a creative move pool are all Im really looking for, making the pokemon good is my job
    Couldn't agree more.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  10. #5510

    Default

    I like to use uu pokes in ou. Nu, in the case of spiritomb. This'll be fun.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  11. #5511
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Couldn't agree more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    I like to use uu pokes in ou. Nu, in the case of spiritomb. This'll be fun.
    Great to see people who agree and notice tiers are really based more on usage rather than actual usefulness!
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

    .

    White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

    [IMG] [/IMG]

  12. #5512
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    180

    Default

    I want starters that have moves that will be effective against the Elite Four... giving me a reason to keep them around.
    -sflytal

    I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

  13. #5513
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Venom Road
    Posts
    2,921

    Default

    At least they get a better abilities, other than the usual.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

    Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

    Pokegyms Fairy Leader

    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  14. #5514
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    At least they get a better abilities, other than the usual.
    Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent is getting a bit old now. But, I don't know if they would change them.

  15. #5515
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilling with Xerneas
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sflytal View Post
    I want starters that have moves that will be effective against the Elite Four... giving me a reason to keep them around.
    lolwut?

    The starters do have move that make them efficient against E4... which E4 do you battle against?
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

    Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

  16. #5516
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Venom Road
    Posts
    2,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent is getting a bit old now. But, I don't know if they would change them.
    Depends. If theres another version of X&Y DW, I dont think we'd have starters w/ new abilities. Not saying they'd really make a change.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

    Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

    Pokegyms Fairy Leader

    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  17. #5517
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent is getting a bit old now. But, I don't know if they would change them.
    I know It isn't good to make absolute statements in speculation, but I'm going to say we will definitely get the standard overgrow blaze torrent abilities ingame. If I'm wrong I'll eat my words but I doubt I am. Maybe at best there will be some ability changer guy or something like a 1% chance to get a dw ability when we pick our starter, but I believe that is HIGHLY unlikely.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

    .

    White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

    [IMG] [/IMG]

  18. #5518
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willda View Post
    I know It isn't good to make absolute statements in speculation, but I'm going to say we will definitely get the standard overgrow blaze torrent abilities ingame. If I'm wrong I'll eat my words but I doubt I am. Maybe at best there will be some ability changer guy or something like a 1% chance to get a dw ability when we pick our starter, but I believe that is HIGHLY unlikely.
    However cool that would be, as you say, it's highly unlikely. I'd like that ability changer guy though. It's make things alot better. It would defeat the concept but, I'd like it. While they're at it, a nature changer would be great as well. Defeating the concept, yes. But, it would be conveinient. Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent is practically mandatory for starters at this point. Gameplay wise, it's what separates them from the standard/random pokemon you find in the wild. Only the starters have them. Eevee and Pikachu not withstanding. Though, they were starters at one point and should have electric/normal versions of these. But, I've already made you half-blind from reading this wall of text so, I'll stop now.
    Insert witty catchphrase here.

  19. #5519
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninijatt View Post
    However cool that would be, as you say, it's highly unlikely. I'd like that ability changer guy though. It's make things alot better. It would defeat the concept but, I'd like it. While they're at it, a nature changer would be great as well. Defeating the concept, yes. But, it would be conveinient. Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent is practically mandatory for starters at this point. Gameplay wise, it's what separates them from the standard/random pokemon you find in the wild. Only the starters have them. Eevee and Pikachu not withstanding. Though, they were starters at one point and should have electric/normal versions of these. But, I've already made you half-blind from reading this wall of text so, I'll stop now.
    No, no better than a dead thread, and the nature thing would be nice , again defeating the purpose, but what I believe is absolutely necessary, is a more effective IV distribution system IV breeding the the most boring a tedious thing ever! ( this honestly belongs in the gameplay thread so I'll post it there) I'm very excited to see how these starters fare in combat
    Last edited by willda; 20th January 2013 at 4:51 AM.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

    .

    White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

    [IMG] [/IMG]

  20. #5520
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sflytal View Post
    I want starters that have moves that will be effective against the Elite Four... giving me a reason to keep them around.
    You're like, Team Rocket.

  21. #5521
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States, East Coast
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Team Rocket knows what's up.

    I'll be honest, I only play with the six coolest guys available to me in-game.
    If the starters aren't up to snuff, it's hello Bill's PC.
    Or whomever the heck it is this time. Amanita? Heck no. I don't even remember the Sinnoh person, if there was one. Lanette was the last decent PC-redesigner. We need to revisit that model.

    But I digress.

    Froakie 4Evah oruntilit'srevealedthathisevosaren'tquitewhatI'dli kethemtobeormaybeoneoftheotherstarter'shasafinalev osobadassIsimplycan'tpassitup.

    wut wut Froakie pulled ahead of Chespin in the poll?
    Righteous.
    Last edited by YellowHat's Revenge; 20th January 2013 at 6:00 AM.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

  22. #5522
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    853

    Default

    I have an idea on what Chespin might evolve into...

    The very first....Pokemon to Human evolution! LMFAO


    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

  23. #5523
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    partying in animeland
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I have an idea on what Chespin might evolve into...

    The very first....Pokemon to Human evolution! LMFAO

    thats pretty good just one question.....what did chespin ever do to you?
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

    Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

  24. #5524
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I have an idea on what Chespin might evolve into...

    The very first....Pokemon to Human evolution! LMFAO

    Oh ! I remember animorphs. Always by the books for the flip animations .
    Anyway, that is bs. Of all things that Chespin can evolve into, why in the world Bianca ?? !
    Actually, it could happen. GF can do anything :P

  25. #5525
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    853

    Default

    lol I wonder what type Bianca would be. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    thats pretty good just one question.....what did chespin ever do to you?
    hahaha well I didn't make it. I just saw it when I was on Tumblr and decided to post it.

    It does make you think though. What if Pokemon could evolve into actual humans and vice-versa.?
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 20th January 2013 at 6:56 AM.

    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

Page 221 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •