View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 227 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,675 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #5651
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in the US!
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    It looks feminine to me as well. Definitely going to be SR-ing for a female one, hopefully I'll get one with a good Nature

    I got lucky in Black when I SR for a female Snivy and got one with Adamant Nature.






    I think it's because most of the kid players are boys. They want something cool, not something cute and beautiful. And it doesn't help that Chikorita line sucks badly in Gen 2.
    I think a lot the players when Pokemon came out was boys. I thought it was weird until my cousins forced me to play. Then, obviously I fell in love. But to be honest, I always tend to gravitate towards the feminine ones, if I don't like the fire starter. Thankfully, Fennekin is both!
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

  2. #5652
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Who says chespin is not a reptile?!?
    Look only at Chikorita(not at it's evo's)
    It does not look like a reptile too me

    At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

  3. #5653
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by auraguardian123 View Post
    but I don't understand y people like it so much it has a lot of hair growing out of its ears.
    That's why I like it so much though(Among other reasons). I want it to turn into fire as it evolves, if not that then I want the ear fluff to be expanded on in some way.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  4. #5654
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    Has it been mentioned previously that Chespin is the first non-reptilian Grass starter?

    This is groundbreaking stuff.
    Yep. We know. It's a hedgehog. Already talked about.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

    Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

    Alpha Sapphire Team:

    Omega Ruby Team:

  5. #5655
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Yep. We know. It's a hedgehog. Already talked about.
    Isn't Chespin based on the first mammal? I am just wondering..

  6. #5656
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In a world of your imagination
    Posts
    42

    Default

    I think Froakie is adorable:-) As soon as 6gen was announced, I decided to spend my 11th birthday money/pocket money to gt a threeds so hen october comes

    image credit goes to me, yay! i might make you an image if you ask nicely
    +I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste if you are too!+


  7. #5657
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    It looks feminine to me as well. Definitely going to be SR-ing for a female one, hopefully I'll get one with a good Nature

    I got lucky in Black when I SR for a female Snivy and got one with Adamant Nature.






    I think it's because most of the kid players are boys. They want something cool, not something cute and beautiful. And it doesn't help that Chikorita line sucks badly in Gen 2.

    But I'm like you for starters that doesn't look feminine, I always like to try getting a female one.
    Except that, unlike you, for starters that do look feminine, I much prefer them to be female.






    ....maybe it's just me, then
    I don't know, i feels like it is rarely mentioned. Maybe it's just that most of the time I wasn't there when it is mentioned.
    Swampert is rarely mentioned, but from my experience it is the best starter for the Gen 3 storyline. Also, it's my favorite :3
    From my multiple playthrough a of Emerald, at the Elite Four I've had a level 50 Blaziken, a level 48 Sceptile, and a level 66 Swampert().
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  8. #5658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icon Zeph View Post
    I still say Fennekin's huge head makes it look awkward and ridiculous. People say it looks graceful but try carrying your whole body weight on your ears alone and see just how graceful you really are. :P
    Most caricatures have large heads. Your point?
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  9. #5659
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    Isn't Chespin based on the first mammal? I am just wondering..
    I'm pretty sure that was mentioned a good hundred pages back, but I believe it is.

    Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

    Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

  10. #5660
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Etro's Throne
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    has any starters gender percentages been 75 female instead of male??? Fenniken needs to be a higher percentage female.

  11. #5661
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfOneIX View Post
    has any starters gender percentages been 75 female instead of male??? Fenniken needs to be a higher percentage female.
    Nope, even Chikorita and Snivy have only 25% of being female. Fennekin will most likely be like every other starter. It is nice to remember that they are Pokémon, the fact that they look "feminine" or "masculine" doesn't affect their genders at all (see Meloetta, who looks very feminine, but it is genderless).

  12. #5662
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    12.5% female, not 25%...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

  13. #5663
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    I hope so too...kinda like Toxicroak...except that Toxicroak isn't that fast or powerful...it's quite pitiful actually,even ingame.

    At this rate I see Chespin being the defesive one,Fennekin the offensive one and Froakie the speedy one.
    Well TBH toxicroak is actually very good in the rain, once behind a sub it can be very hard to take down.

    Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    i think chespins the coolest but it doesnt matter because i end up tradeing for all of them ^_^
    I feel I will do the same once the version sequel comes out I really have grown to like all three.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

    .

    White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

    [IMG] [/IMG]

  14. #5664
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Could you imagine if Fennekin evolved into a fire/fighting lol goodbye Fennekin fan base
    For everyone who likes stories you can read my first ever fan-fic here!


    ]

  15. #5665
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLady View Post
    Could you imagine if Fennekin evolved into a fire/fighting lol goodbye Fennekin fan base
    I'll still be here loving Fennekin, type doesn't always matter to me when I really like a Pokemon.

  16. #5666
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    12.5% female, not 25%...
    My bad. It is 87.5% male, 12.5% female, not 75% male, 25% female.

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLady View Post
    Could you imagine if Fennekin evolved into a fire/fighting lol goodbye Fennekin fan base
    Fighting is one of my three favorite types, so I'd probably like Fennekin more than I do now.

  17. #5667
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Does anyone else think that the pokemon chosen for the starters to battle against might indicate something. Because a Golurk, Kirlia, and Patrat all seem pretty random. But they may be used to showcase the different moves of the starters as being super effective. Golurk being weak to dark like Night Slash and patrat being weak to fighting like close combat. Im not sure what to make of the Kirlia bit unlees that move that looked like psychic was actually a ghost type move, or even that one psychic type move that can only hurt other psychics, i think it was called synchronoise maybe. I just think that GameFreak chose these three opponents for a reason and its a hint for types, or even just moveset patterns, down the evo line. I just wonder why GameFreak would have Chespin use aerial ace against Golurk when it can already use Solarbeam. I dont think they just picked those three out of a hat and chose them. btw first post ever

  18. #5668
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Froakin' Koga View Post
    Does anyone else think that the pokemon chosen for the starters to battle against might indicate something. Because a Golurk, Kirlia, and Patrat all seem pretty random. But they may be used to showcase the different moves of the starters as being super effective. Golurk being weak to dark like Night Slash and patrat being weak to fighting like close combat. Im not sure what to make of the Kirlia bit unlees that move that looked like psychic was actually a ghost type move, or even that one psychic type move that can only hurt other psychics, i think it was called synchronoise maybe. I just think that GameFreak chose these three opponents for a reason and its a hint for types, or even just moveset patterns, down the evo line. I just wonder why GameFreak would have Chespin use aerial ace against Golurk when it can already use Solarbeam. I dont think they just picked those three out of a hat and chose them. btw first post ever
    Sadly, we know it's not Synchronoise. I went down that road before, but I like what you put out. Very interesting, I didn't notice about the supereffective hits until now. Well, if those are the moves though.

  19. #5669
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Sadly, we know it's not Synchronoise. I went down that road before, but I like what you put out. Very interesting, I didn't notice about the supereffective hits until now. Well, if those are the moves though.
    Yeah the Kirlia throws me off. Im really thinking that fennekin will become psychic just to be a "in your face way" of ending the fire/fighting dynasty.

  20. #5670
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I'll still be here loving Fennekin, type doesn't always matter to me when I really like a Pokemon.
    I usually pick a pokemon for my team based on its type. So yeah type matters a lot for me.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

  21. #5671
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Froakin' Koga View Post
    Yeah the Kirlia throws me off. Im really thinking that fennekin will become psychic just to be a "in your face way" of ending the fire/fighting dynasty.
    I hope that does happen. xD But, Fire/Fighting isn't annoying to me. Having something new would be nice though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    I usually pick a pokemon for my team based on its type. So yeah type matters a lot for me.
    Not with me. I'm completely different.

  22. #5672
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    92

    Default

    So how do you guys think the stat layout will go for these new starters? Im thinking:

    Froakie: fast sweeper with a U-turn option maybe

    Chespin: Physical Tank with subpar speed (samurott mixed with torterra)

    Fennekin : Either a calm minding beast as fire/psychic or a fire/ghost with confuse ray, hex, will-o-wisp and stat dropping special moves like shadow ball

  23. #5673
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Route 12
    Posts
    813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLady View Post
    Could you imagine if Fennekin evolved into a fire/fighting lol goodbye Fennekin fan base
    I'll hate the fact if Game Freak makes fennekin a 4th fire/fight starter in a row. Unless it's has a good moveset, and stats I'll most likely use either Froakie or Chespin as my starter instead.

    IMO Emboar was the worst fire/fight type, if you don't count TM's, and move tutors the only fighting move it learns while leveling up is Arm Thrust. Besides that it actually doesn't learn that many fighting moves, should have been just pure fire if you ask me :/

  24. #5674
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    IMO Emboar was the worst fire/fight type
    Emboar was awesome, at least for in-game purposes (what matters to me). And it is design is better than Blaziken's at least.

  25. #5675
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Encinitas,CA
    Posts
    661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Froakin' Koga View Post
    So how do you guys think the stat layout will go for these new starters? Im thinking:

    Froakie: fast sweeper with a U-turn option maybe

    Chespin: Physical Tank with subpar speed (samurott mixed with torterra)

    Fennekin : Either a calm minding beast as fire/psychic or a fire/ghost with confuse ray, hex, will-o-wisp and stat dropping special moves like shadow ball
    Wow do people keep wanting Chespin to be the Tank, I want him to be the speedy guy. The slim fast one. We have had a tank grass before, and a tank water. How about Fennekin being the Tank, lol, thats new. :P

    Back home! TO HOENN!

    Poochyena is claimed by me!
        Spoiler:- Who made what:

Page 227 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •