View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 237 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287337 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,925 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    I think it is not a hood. If it were a hood it would attach around Chespin's neck.
    *sigh* You could be right. But, if not, things like this would be possible...

Spoiler:- Can I Try That On?:

Quote Originally Posted by XMatrix View Post
    Wh... why is the minority picking Chespin? I'd expect the order to be Fennekin, Chespin, Froakie. Maybe it's because nobody can tell what it is? In my opinion, it's the most creative of the three and my favorite.

(It's a hedgehog. The shiny version has to be blue. It has to be.)
    Idk why Chespin's popularity isn't higher. If anything, I'd think it would be the highest since he's got the potential to be a POWERHOUSE with all the cuteness of the PikaClones. But, I guess that just makes us unique. :P

If Chespin turns out to be a Sweeper with a blue shiny, I'd spend hours....no, DAYS soft-resting...
    Last edited by LeoP2008; 23rd January 2013 at 5:44 AM.
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    *sigh* You could be right. But, if not, things like this would be possible...

Spoiler:- Can I Try That On?:

If and only if...Or it could swap with Sewaddle.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Wh... why is the minority picking Chespin? I'd expect the order to be Fennekin, Chespin, Froakie. Maybe it's because nobody can tell what it is? In my opinion, it's the most creative of the three and my favorite.

(It's a hedgehog. The shiny version has to be blue. It has to be.)
    Going off the poll, Chespin and Froakie are equal(A few vote difference doesn't mean anything really). Regardless, each starter has a lot of fans(Which is pretty much the normal).
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

(Fennekin fans forgive me) I don't think Fennekin looks very original. Why pick it as a starter when you can get a Vulpix, Zorua, Ninetales, or Zoroark? Arguements?
    Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 2194-6532-6046

Other than being a fox, Fennekin does not really look much like Zorua or Zoroark. Vulpix, kind of, but Fennekin is based off a Fennec Fox, so I do not think its evolutions will be kitsune like
    Ninetails.

Chespin is my favorite, but that is personal preference. I do not have to objectively qualify the others as bad to justify that.
    Last edited by X Rat; 23rd January 2013 at 5:29 AM.

(Fennekin fans forgive me) I don't think Fennekin looks very original. Why pick it as a starter when you can get a Vulpix, Zorua, Ninetales, or Zoroark? Arguements?
    That fact that it is not Vulpix, Zorua, Ninetales, or Zoroark and is it's own pokemon means that it is original. So that's why they'd pick it because they're not that same thing.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 23rd January 2013 at 5:40 AM.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Though I'm a die-hard Chespin fan (gonna choose him even if his typing and evo design are off. He's just too darn spunky/cute), I like Fennekin.

Sure, its another fox but it has so much potential to be unique. Besides its possible dual typing (Ghost or Psychic, preferred), its evos can go in a totally different direction than the previous foxes. For all we know, Fennekin's final evo could be a humanoid fire goddess.

Though I do think its popularity is HIGHLY volatile (if it evolves into something "unattractive" or a Fire/Fighting, it'll lose most of it's fanbase), I can understand why it's a fan favorite.
    Last edited by LeoP2008; 23rd January 2013 at 5:53 AM.
    MASTER Pkmn Team

My argument is that Chespin is a brown rodent like Sentret, Patrat, Bidoof, and Drilbur. Why pick him?
    Froakie is a blue frog like Poliwag, Crogunk, and Tympole. Why pick him?

Oh wait, because each Pokemon is unique. That's it.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Tbh, I really only have two requests for Fennekin, keep it quadrupedal and please not Fire/Fighting type, lol. Idc if it’s Fire/Psychic (my preferred choice), Fire/Ghost, Fire/Ground or pure Fire as long as my two requests are met, lol. I also love the idea of the ear fur (a feature that scares me when it comes to it’s evolutions) will turn into fire, playing off of Fennec foxes dispersing heat from their ears. Hopefully kitsunes (not kyuubi) will play a role in it’s evolutions inspiration.

For Froakie, this one’s a hard one, I could see pure Water, Water/Fighting, Water/Electric, Water/Ice, Water/Psychic or Water/Flying from him. I also could see his evolutions going the Frog Prince route, Superhero route, Benjamin Franklin route, Gentlemanly route, Toad Sage route, Wizard route, Sumo route or the Journey to the West Monk route and those things on his face could be a nose, “spectacles” or a budding mustache, I honestly have no clue where he’s going.

As for Chespin, I see his inspiration coming from (on the fauna side) Hedgehogs, Chipmunks, Moles, Gophers, Groundhogs, Woodchucks, Ferrets, etc… and his flora side from the horse chesnut. As for typing I could see Grass/Dark, Grass/Fighting, pure Grass, Grass/Steel or Grass/Ground. I see spikes being emphasized in his design and maybe even having Badgers, Pangolin or Armadillos contribute into his evolutions, maybe a kind of armor with that chestnut shell.
    Official Protag Namefor Gen VI
    ♂ Protag: Xavier
    ♀ Protag: Yvonne

I support Emerald & FR/LG remakes over Ruby & Sapphire remakes!!!

I support Wallace/Steven combo for RSE remakes!!!

I'm all too likely to get Froakie when it's released, but only because I always take the Water starter. though since I'm likely to pick up the other game as well not sure which starter I'll use in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by SketchFox7 View Post
    Tbh, I really only have two requests for Fennekin, keep it quadrupedal and please not Fire/Fighting type, lol. Idc if it’s Fire/Psychic (my preferred choice), Fire/Ghost, Fire/Ground or pure Fire as long as my two requests are met, lol. I also love the idea of the ear fur (a feature that scares me when it comes to it’s evolutions) will turn into fire, playing off of Fennec foxes dispersing heat from their ears. Hopefully kitsunes (not kyuubi) will play a role in it’s evolutions inspiration.

For Froakie, this one’s a hard one, I could see pure Water, Water/Fighting, Water/Electric, Water/Ice, Water/Psychic or Water/Flying from him. I also could see his evolutions going the Frog Prince route, Superhero route, Benjamin Franklin route, Gentlemanly route, Toad Sage route, Wizard route, Sumo route or the Journey to the West Monk route and those things on his face could be a nose, “spectacles” or a budding mustache, I honestly have no clue where he’s going.

As for Chespin, I see his inspiration coming from (on the fauna side) Hedgehogs, Chipmunks, Moles, Gophers, Groundhogs, Woodchucks, Ferrets, etc… and his flora side from the horse chesnut. As for typing I could see Grass/Dark, Grass/Fighting, pure Grass, Grass/Steel or Grass/Ground. I see spikes being emphasized in his design and maybe even having Badgers, Pangolin or Armadillos contribute into his evolutions, maybe a kind of armor with that chestnut shell.
    My two requests for Froakie are that it stays lean and kind of skinny(like Infernape) and that it has a high speed stat. I would like it to be Water/Fighting, but I'll be fine if those requests are met.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

So what?

It's not the first time they use a same animal for more than one Pokémon.

We've had rodents and frogs in the past too.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

There was a rumour going around that fennekin was goining to evolve into a fire/Phychic Froakie into a water/fighting while Chespin was going into a grass/dark but I geuss we will just have to wait and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Turchiple View Post
    There was a rumour going around that fennekin was goining to evolve into a fire/Phychic Froakie into a water/fighting while Chespin was going into a grass/dark but I geuss we will just have to wait and see what happens
    Well, there are many rumors, most likely all fake. I've seen one saying Grass/Steel, Fire/Psychic and Water/Electric. Who knows?

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by Turchiple View Post
    Its not really a rumor its just that a majority of the internet THINKS it will go that way and probably along the way some people just started spitting the word rumor out. I's nothing more than pure speculation we have absolutely no idea if they'll follow the ring.

White FC: 4727 7654 4502

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Well, there are many rumors, most likely all fake. I've seen one saying Grass/Steel, Fire/Psychic and Water/Electric. Who knows?
    That seems like quite a contreversal rumor. All 3 being bipedal? No thanks. I mean a wizard fox? They'd probably give it a beard coming form its ears!

I dont really dig Chespin. It reminds me of Patrat and Bidoof with grass on its head.
    But its final evo or at least the shiny form could be epic.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

I Think that this Generation is going to be very difficult in choosing a starter. I agree that every Pokemon is UNIQUE in there own way including these starters. My favorite out of the three is Chespin. Im hoping for a Grass/Dark or Grass/Rock. As for Stats I think it will be Strong in the Attack and Speed Categories. I think its Evolutions are going to look Amazing growing more spikes on the back and resemble a hedgehog even more. I don't even understand why people are comparing him to Patrat or Bidoof you could make a small comparison to Oshawott thats it. Is it because of the Skin Color? Chespin is A Mix between a Hedgehog and a Chestnut. Could anyone tell me WHAT COLOR IS A CHESTNUT? Another reason why Chespin is my favorite is because when it first came out people didn't know what it was whether they thought it was a Squirrel, a Mole, or even a Groundhog. No one ever thought that Chespin was a Hedgehog no one. CHESPIN

Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

Update on chespin...

this is just a prototype... lots of things will be changed

To do list:
    -Fix arms
    -Fix tail - Must !!!! its ugly now
    -fix bodey + legs

001.jpg

I needtoknow which arm is better... or none...
    It will be fixed!!

Have a nice day, and sorry for my bad eanglish

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    But its final evo or at least the shiny form could be epic.
    Mhm, hoping we can see some nicer shiny palettes with this set of starters.

-shrugs-
    Black 2 FC - 2237 5230 0474

Because everyone knows Fennec won't be a dark fox or a kyubii.
    Fennec will be a goddamn Flame Lucario who knows psychic moves ♥ (Nah, just kidding)

I'm gonna Sound my opinion. The negative replies may not be Light, but I think it'd be Cosmic if we got new types this gen!
    Copy this in your sig if you believe in new types!

Quote Originally Posted by Akimoto-Kenta View Post
    OMG so adorable!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Akimoto-Kenta View Post
    This is the sort of personality I envisioned for Chespin's design. Nothing like Oshawott, which is what people have largely compared him to.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

So we're back to 'Fennekin looks like a hybrid Vulpix and Zorua.' Oy.

No, it doesn't.

^ Also, I just spent about six minutes straight watching that GIF. Not even kidding <3
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Page 237 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287337 ... LastLast