View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 238 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,950 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    So we're back to 'Fennekin looks like a hybrid Vulpix and Zorua.' Oy.

No, it doesn't.

^ Also, I just spent about six minutes straight watching that GIF. Not even kidding <3
    Fennekin looks totally different..and is much better than either of them..

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    and is much better than either of them..
    No, it isn't. Both Vulpix and Zorua look better than Fennekin, especially Zorua.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

No, it isn't. Both Vulpix and Zorua look better than Fennekin, especially Zorua.
    ill agree on zorua but fennekin looks much better than vulpix

No, MY opinion is the correct one.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

I don't know why everyone thinks fennekin is going to be psychic just because of that trailer. That move looked a whole lot like growl to me. You guys really dream big with the typing, I mean steel, really? I would be extremely surprised if one of them picked up steel.

The more I look at the three, the more i'm liking froakie and chespin. I think I will probably end up using froakie.
    3ds fc: 5300-9428-6203

I think the main reason why so many are saying Fennekin is going to be psychic-type because well they don't want another fire/fighting starter. That's why I'm saying it, cause the dual fighting-type is way over done. GF really needs to be more creative on the dual-type for the fire starter, I'll even be fine with it just being a pure fire-type.

I agree that they need to be more creative. It would be nice to have unique typing for a change. And I'm not saying I don't think he can be psychic, I just always see people basing it on the trailer.
    3ds fc: 5300-9428-6203

Well what else would you have them base it on? The only contact we've had with Fennekin thus far is through the trailer.
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Akimoto-Kenta View Post
    chip and dale anyone?

And i do think fennekin is going to be psychic, it makes sense.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by spiller View Post
    ill agree on zorua but fennekin looks much better than vulpix
    Of course it does..Fennekin is a better first stage for ninetales then vulpix is, actually..XD

Makes about as much sense as it becoming any other type.
    Save for Water or Grass. I'll gladly swear on Gary's Raticate's grave that that'll never happen.
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    So we're back to 'Fennekin looks like a hybrid Vulpix and Zorua.' Oy.

No, it doesn't.

^ Also, I just spent about six minutes straight watching that GIF. Not even kidding <3
    ^thisX 10000. People really need to stop basing their dislike for a pokemon off of the fact that they may look Alike. With the case of fennekin he/she doesn't resemble Vulpix At all! vulpix looks more like a poodle with 8 tails than a fox and there are very mild similarities between fennekin and zoroua, similar body shape is about it. zoroua has a smaller head, It's eyes look completely different, and does not have fennekin's thin appearance. In all truth I think people see just what they want to see when they see a pokemon, maybe It is because they are all based on foxes. This brings me back to when they Introduced snivy and oshawott, calling the former a stuck up treeko and the latter a rodent piplup.

well I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Akimoto-Kenta View Post
    Every time I see one of these animations for cespin I love it a little bit more, I defiantly need all three starters at some point.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    chip and dale anyone?

And i do think fennekin is going to be psychic, it makes sense.
    "...because (sic), it makes sense" is not a valid rationale. As other posters have mentioned, we're looking too much into dual typing. That pink-hued attack might have been Growl (as I perceived). And anyway, single-types can use other type attacks, it's not like THAT's been done before (ex. Rhydon and Surf - ZOMGGGGGGG!!!I!!I!!!I!!!!111!I!I!1i1)

ITT: We're all hoping for the final evo (and hopefully stage 1 evo) to be a unique dual-type. Let's not speculate because we get rationale like the quote above.

Now, this makes sense, doesn't it?
    Casual Veteran Player (History: Yellow, Silver, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, White, Black, White2, Black2 (current))

I just enjoy the ride

FC's:
    White - 5028-9056-3901 (JT):
    Black - 1764-7304-9723 (Aishi):
    White 2 - 3998-4495-2395 (Rose):
    Black 2 - 2881-8825-5463 (JT):

I still don't see why Fennekin gets so much hype. Her big head makes her look stupid and top heavy. The fact that her ears alone are about as big as her entire body just looks awkward to me.

For that reason I'm hoping her evolutions put emphasis on her huge head and it grows bigger while her body stays the same size. She could become part psychic type due to the enormous brain power of her freakishly large Jimmy Newtron head and could learn moves like Zen Headbutt and Head Smash. Instead of walking Fennekin's final evolution should roll around by stuffing her miniscule body inside of her ginormous ears allowing her to use attacks such as Rollout, Rapid Spin, Gyro Ball, and the new fire type move Hot Balls. All 3 evolutions should be classified in the Pokedex as the Hot Headed Pokemon.

I think a pokemon like this would really add more variety to the foxes in the Pokemon franchise and would be a valuable member on anyones team.
    Last edited by Icon Zeph; 23rd January 2013 at 5:07 PM.

I think we can all agree that the base forms will be single type, no question there.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post
    I think we can all agree that the base forms will be single type, no question there.
    It was confirmed last week or, so yeah everyone agrees.

I'd be impressed if someone could come up with an argument against that fact.
    Hat by wolfy.

ITT: We're all hoping for the final evo (and hopefully stage 1 evo) to be a unique dual-type. Let's not speculate because we get rationale like the quote above.
    "We're all hoping"? Not in one topic on any forum in the history of the Internet, have all posters wanted the same thing. I've said it before, I do not mind Chespin being pure grass at all. I think a quilled/spiked/armored hedgehog pokemon as a concept lends itself well to a second type. It is not what I "want", necessarily (I don't care either way), it is an objective analysis. (I will not deny that many people do blur those lines, though, not all of us are doing that)
    Last edited by X Rat; 23rd January 2013 at 6:18 PM.

Hope chespin turns out good, as I'm picking him.

I vote the mods lock this thread instead of deleting it at release date.mif they do that, that is.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Its amazing how generation after generation GameFreak keep trolling , could it be that they foresaw all the speculation and added the psychic/fighting/dark moves in the trailer for X and y just to troll us.
    Stupid me who fought that fenekin would be so awesome with beastly Sp Attack due to being Fire/psychic.
    ミュウツー

Quote Originally Posted by XxVascoxX View Post
    Its amazing how generation after generation GameFreak keep trolling , could it be that they foresaw all the speculation and added the psychic/fighting/dark moves in the trailer for X and y just to troll us.
    Stupid me who fought that fenekin would be so awesome with beastly Sp Attack due to being Fire/psychic.
    You'd look even stupider if it DID turn out to be Fire/Psychic after you said that. haha

Honestly, the speculation threads have always attracted a tremendous amount of activity prior to each new generation's release. I first joined the forum back when Gen 4 was first announced, and nothing has changed. You guys who preach about rumours and whatnot should have known this it what it would be like.

Think about this: While you're watching all these people argue about how Fennekin "WILL be part Psychic cos DUH LOOK AT ITS TRAILER ATTACK LOL", instead of involving yourselves in petty arguments, remember that when the release date rolls around and certain people are wrong, it will be HILARIOUS.
    Hat by wolfy.

Idunno....there was Bulbasaur that one time...

...but seriously, I think all the base forms will be single type
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    Idunno....there was Bulbasaur that one time...

...but seriously, I think all the base forms will be single type
    Well they are already confirmed to be.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    You'd look even stupider if it DID turn out to be Fire/Psychic after you said that. haha

Honestly, the speculation threads have always attracted a tremendous amount of activity prior to each new generation's release. I first joined the forum back when Gen 4 was first announced, and nothing has changed. You guys who preach about rumours and whatnot should have known this it what it would be like.

Think about this: While you're watching all these people argue about how Fennekin "WILL be part Psychic cos DUH LOOK AT ITS TRAILER ATTACK LOL", instead of involving yourselves in petty arguments, remember that when the release date rolls around and certain people are wrong, it will be HILARIOUS.
    True people are making a lot of sweeping statements of what will happen, when in all honesty most will be terribly wrong.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

in the end it does not matter.i love Fennekin i will start with that one, but since i will get both games i will have all three.so to me the types dont matter i will just enjoy the games like i always have.(u may start hating on me now)
    3ds friend code:1091-7776-4833

XBOX GAMERTAG: PIZZA NINJA831 [DONT ASK BOUT THE NAME]

I WATCH A TON OF ANIME,SO I GUESS YOU CAN SAY MY DREAM NO AMBITION WAS INFLUENCED BY IT ALOT HAHAHA.

CHANGING THE WORLD ONE STEP AT A TIME.

Page 238 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338 ... LastLast