View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 240 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340 ... LastLast
Results 5,976 to 6,000 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Charmander
    Totodile
    Torchic
    Turtwig
    Snivy
    Froakie
    Current White 2 Team

Signature edited due to Rule Breaking- check this: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=430446

My list,

Gen 1. Very very hard, as I love all of them, but Id pick Charmander, Squirtle, then bulbasaur,
    Gen 2. Totodile and Cyndaquil. But overall, Totodile
    Gen 3: I only liked Mudkip for some reason, but treecko did grow on me
    Gen 4. Turtwig! I absolutely hated piplup. Not no more.
    Gen 5. Snivy, Tepig was real hard choice though. Oshawot? Hell no.
    Gen 6. Fennekin!

So without all the words.
    Charmander
    Totodile
    Mudkip
    Turtwig
    Snivy
    Fennekin

All the other starters did grow on me, and I do love then all now. Except oshawott. -_- I like bidoof better
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

Guys, we don't want to turn this thread into a Starter Popularity thread.
    Get back on main topic.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

so this is gonna sound a "little" nuts but how would you feel if the starters of this generation evolve into creatures that are completely unrelated to a frog, a fox, and a hedgehog?
    for example picture froakie somehow evolving from a frog and into a creature that looks more like a marine mammal.
    like i said it was gonna sound a "little" nuts.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    so this is gonna sound a "little" nuts but how would you feel if the starters of this generation evolve into creatures that are completely unrelated to a frog, a fox, and a hedgehog?
    for example picture froakie somehow evolving from a frog and into a creature that looks more like a marine mammal.
    like i said it was gonna sound a "little" nuts.
    You mean the oshawott factor?

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    You mean the oshawott factor?
    yes except at least oshawott was based of a marine mammal. unlike froakie.
    what i was basically say was an amphibian turning into an mammal
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

For me, it was...

Gen1: Bulbasaur, though Charmander was the most popular. Never cared for Squirtle...
    Gen2: Totodile seemed like the most popular. I chose Cyndaquil. BUT, I used neither. Why when Houndoom and Kingdra existed??
    Gen3: Treeko seemed like the most popular but I always chose Torchic.
    Gen4: I can't recall who was the most popular.......I chose Turtwig.
    Gen5: Snivy was the most popular (the Fennekin of her day) but I chose Oshawott.
    Gen6: Fennekin is CLEARLY everyone's favorite but my signature will tell you who I like.

BUT, that's neither here nor there. We're dealing with how AWESOME these newbies are...

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Fennekin Sig Move: Ear Flare
    Chespin Sig Move: Hat Attack
    Froakie Sig Move: OHK of Epicness

~
    LoL!! Personally, I'm hoping the GenVI starters all get signature moves based on their secondary types (if they get secondary types, that is) with effects common to their primary typing. Hypothetically, let's assume the typing is Grass/Rock, Fire/Psychic, Water/Electric....

Chespin - Moss Crusher - Rock-type move - Deals 70 damage. Has 10% chance of causing sleep, poison, paralysis

Fennekin - Pyrokinesis - Psychic-type move - Deals 70 damage. Has 30% chance of causing burn

Froakie - Flash Flood - Electric-Type move - Trap move. Keeps everyone from switching out. Occasionally shocks everyone but the user. Shocks have a 10% chance of paralysis
    Last edited by LeoP2008; 24th January 2013 at 12:01 AM.
    MASTER Pkmn Team

I'm not sure how far we can stretch out our speculations since we don't have to much to awe over anymore. Unless in a couple of days they show us the second evolution silhouettes we can't do more than wonder how the stats are going to be or their typing. I guess we could wonder if they'll have a weird BST or question their height, weight or move sets...

It's a good point. Right now the speculations are wild because we have little to go on. You'd think with more info we would guess more things but with more info we'll have less to guess about.
    -sflytal

I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

My level 100s:

I think I'm going to choose Fennekin. I like it's design the best out of the 3 and it's soo cute XD
    I wonder what fire types moves it'll learn, I'm guessing probably ember. I would love to see it learn flare blitz or some type of new fire type move in its final form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Growlite/Arcanine
    Vulpix/ Ninetales
    Meowth/Persian
    Eevee/Eeveelutions
    Snubull/Granbull
    Houndour/Houndoom
    Poochyena/Mightyena
    Skitty/Delcatty
    Electrike/Manectric
    Absol
    Shinx/Luxio/Luxray
    Glameow/Purugly
    Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland
    Purrloin/Liepard
    Zorua/Zoroark

Will Fennekin be the only cattish/doggish pokemon to get a second type after Houndour? Imo It will not.

I'm hoping that the middle evolved forms of them look really good. For some reason, middle evolutions aren't really liked as much as their base and 2nd form.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I'm hoping that the middle evolved forms of them look really good. For some reason, middle evolutions aren't really liked as much as their base and 2nd form.
    That's because they serve as an interim between the base form and the fully-evolved form. They basically have no other purpose. Not that I'm complaining; I'm only here for the base forms of the Starter Pokemon anyway. That's why I love Queen Fennekin; she's so cute and graceful and I don't expect her evolved forms to be as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    That's because they serve as an interim between the base form and the fully-evolved form.
    Yeah, that's probably it. With a couple exceptions (the ones that most likely come to mind being Grovyle and Dewott), they always seem to get overlooked for the cute base forms or the awesome final forms in both advertising and popularity. Shame too since there are some pretty good ones.

I have a possible name origin for chespin. The french word "chevalier" is a word that referred to a knight, in particular, one that was on horseback. However, this word was commonly used to refer to any kind of knight in time. Then, the french word "pin" can refer to either a pin (same word in English and French) or a pine tree/needle. I just noticed the "che" in chevalier while researching, and thought I might look from there. "che" also refers to chestnuts in all translations, but think about the double meaning we have in the name with these meanings! "che" can refer to the beginning of the french word for knight or for the beginning of the word chestnut (or the beginning of chest-piece if you think about it), while the "pin" part can refer to a pin (aka needle) or pine...(or pine needle) maybe that's the point! I wouldn't be surprised if the grass on chespin's head is a helmet and he becomes more knight-like as he evolves. Thoughts?

EDIT: Also, Puerco espín means porcupine (lol, porqu'pine') in Spanish, and espin itself means thorn! And pinuti was a Filipino farming tool that was used as a sword. I'm seeing a pattern.
    Last edited by pacack825; 24th January 2013 at 1:15 AM.

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    SmeargleRock's Trade Shop
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

Anatidaephobia; it's a real thing. Trust me, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Yeah, that's probably it. With a couple exceptions (the ones that most likely come to mind being Grovyle and Dewott), they always seem to get overlooked for the cute base forms or the awesome final forms in both advertising and popularity. Shame too since there are some pretty good ones.
    Which I find ironic. IMO, the middle forms are usually a perfect mix of cute but intimidating. Remember Ivysaur and Wartortle?? Cute but slightly scary-looking. Likewise, Grovyle and Dewott looked more epic than Sceptile and Samurott, to me...

The only final form looks I find to be a major improvement are Charizard, Feraligatr, Blaziken, Infernape, Torterra, and Serperior. Everyone else (even my precious Venusaur) looked....odd...
    Last edited by LeoP2008; 24th January 2013 at 12:59 AM.
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    Which I find ironic. IMO, the middle forms are usually a perfect mix of cute but intimidating. Remember Ivysaur and Wartortle?? Cute but slightly scary-looking. Likewise, Grovyle and Dewott looked more epic than Sceptile and Samurott, to me...

The only final form looks I find to be a major improvement are Charizard, Feraligatr, Blaziken, Infernape, Torterra, and Serperior. Everyone else (even my precious Venusaur) looked....odd...
    Hey, I liked grotle the most out of the torterra line.

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

I have a feeling my opinion get's switched around every time I post on this topic about the new starters lol.

Anyways, until more information is released about the three starters I'm still undecided on which one I'll be picking. Like I said in a previous post I think Gen IV may turn out just like Gen III for me, were I love all three of the starters for their designs and in my play though.
    So far Hoenn is the only region were it doesn't matter which starter I pick. Where as for the other regions I'll just choose the fire starter, or on the odd occasions the water starter(Jhoto, Unova). Sadly I have no love for the grass starters(in-game wise) except for Treecko, but I'll admit I do love the design of Snivy and it's evolutions. Serperior is just awesome looking
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

I'm really hoping that Chespin's evos do justice to it's cuteness. I've seen some fakemon pics of the green part on its back turning into a hedge (ha ha, hedge hog...funny) and then the final evo is this MASSIVE tank with this hideous bush just sprouting out from its neck. Not very appealing. I want the Chespin-line to remain sleek and focus mostly on Sp.Atk and Speed, while still keeping justice to the other stats. Depending on how the evos turn out, I may end up picking Froakie instead...to keep my water type picks.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

It would be a unique concept if they introduced a starter that has a branched evolutionary line.

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    Growlite/Arcanine
    Vulpix/ Ninetales
    Meowth/Persian
    Eevee/Eeveelutions
    Snubull/Granbull
    Houndour/Houndoom
    Poochyena/Mightyena
    Skitty/Delcatty
    Electrike/Manectric
    Absol
    Shinx/Luxio/Luxray
    Glameow/Purugly
    Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland
    Purrloin/Liepard
    Zorua/Zoroark

Will Fennekin be the only cattish/doggish pokemon to get a second type after Houndour? Imo It will not.
    It's a good thing that Gamefreak isn't limited to past coincidental trends telling them what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    It would be a unique concept if they introduced a starter that has a branched evolutionary line.
    If they did it for one, they'd do it for all 3. The starters represent a balanced, fair choice for new trainers, with no one being better than the rest. Of course, stat and movepool-wise this doesn't always ring true, but for the most part that's the idea.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Yea tbh second forms are like teenagers, they have lost the adorable innocence factor that kids/base forms have, but have not yet gained the intimidating and respect commanding aspect the adult/final forms have. excluding Grovyle, quilava and Dewott all second stages starters look incredibly awkward to me.
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by pacack825 View Post
    I have a possible name origin for chespin. The french word "chevalier" is a word that referred to a knight, in particular, one that was on horseback. However, this word was commonly used to refer to any kind of knight in time. Then, the french word "pin" can refer to either a pin (same word in English and French) or a pine tree/needle. I just noticed the "che" in chevalier while researching, and thought I might look from there. "che" also refers to chestnuts in all translations, but think about the double meaning we have in the name with these meanings! "che" can refer to the beginning of the french word for knight or for the beginning of the word chestnut (or the beginning of chest-piece if you think about it), while the "pin" part can refer to a pin (aka needle) or pine...(or pine needle) maybe that's the point! I wouldn't be surprised if the grass on chespin's head is a helmet and he becomes more knight-like as he evolves. Thoughts?

EDIT: Also, Puerco espín means porcupine (lol, porqu'pine') in Spanish, and espin itself means thorn! And pinuti was a Filipino farming tool that was used as a sword. I'm seeing a pattern.
    Good eye!
    If this would be the case I would be delighted of all the word puns and concept in general.
    Chespin seems to be the richest one in terms of potential concepts so far. If He becomes a knight, He might be my second Pokemon as soon as I start the game.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    LOL, I liked more Grotle as was said and Combusken. But I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    It's a good thing that Gamefreak isn't limited to past coincidental trends telling them what to do.
    You are right. In fact coincidental trends gave us 3 fire/fighting starter.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    Good eye!
    If this would be the case I would be delighted of all the word puns and concept in general.
    Chespin seems to be the richest one in terms of potential concepts so far. If He becomes a knight, He might be my second Pokemon as soon as I start the game.

LOL, I liked more Grotle as was said and Combusken. But I agree with you wholeheartedly.
    I'm getting chespin if I'm right about this. A knight/chipmunk is EPIC.

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth

Page 240 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340 ... LastLast