View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 257 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307357 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,425 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

You're right, I thought Lugia was not psychic for awhile, but everyone thinks in their own way. There is a balance is my basic point. Not every pokemon is going to have un-predictable types.
    You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become a villain. -Harvey Dent
    Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the easier it is to fool you. -Thaddeus Bradley
    You can take away my toys, gadgets, and even my armor. But there is one thing you can't take away from me: Who I am. -Tony Stark
    I may not remember who I am, but there is one thing I remember. I don't take orders. -Letty Ortiz

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    I hope Gamefreak reads this thread and makes Chespin Grass/Dragon or something ridiculous like that just to troll us.
    Then we can have Fennekin and Froakie be part Dragon too. Screw people saying Dragon ruins the trio when you have all three starters evolutions who are Dragon.

Gamefreak doesn't waste their time reading peculiar stuff like this. They could, but they don't really have their products (aka pokemon) turn out the way people want to. They would not do that since it would basically take the fun and tradition away of having counter-starters.
    You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become a villain. -Harvey Dent
    Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the easier it is to fool you. -Thaddeus Bradley
    You can take away my toys, gadgets, and even my armor. But there is one thing you can't take away from me: Who I am. -Tony Stark
    I may not remember who I am, but there is one thing I remember. I don't take orders. -Letty Ortiz

Half of those aren't even brown, I think it's fairly clear Floatzel is orange

Also, you named a bunch of Ground types. Trapinch, Baltoy, etc.
    it is classed as brown by the pokedex i was thinking floatzle is orange but accoring to pokemon he is brown and i wasn't paying attention when i was typing some
    JUST BECAUSE PICHU IS EPIC just because

Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/chespingaming

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Then we can have Fennekin and Froakie be part Dragon too. Screw people saying Dragon ruins the trio when you have all three starters evolutions who are Dragon.
    Type-wise, one could argue that Torterra has an advantage over both the other 4th Generation starters. Stat-wise, not so much.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

No, no, no Divine!

What about Infernape?! Fighting versus steel, fire versus grass (ground does not resist fire, rock does)

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    The claws mak it look like it burrows and digs, and it's coloration suggests ground, being brown.
    there are no clues for part ground 1 for part steel but none for part ground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Robot View Post
    No, no, no Divine!

What about Infernape?! Fighting versus steel, fire versus grass (ground does not resist fire, rock does)
    True but:
    Ground is super effective against Fire and Steel.
    Grass is obviously super effective against Water.

Infernape beats both the other starters though with good offensive stats, speed, and typing.

Quote Originally Posted by pokedons View Post
    there are no clues for part ground 1 for part steel but none for part ground
    Hedgehogs

burrow

In the ground

Though this could still mean nothing to prove a Grass/Ground.

No, no, no Divine!

ground doesn't resist fire but ground is super effective to fire http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Type_chart

No, no, no Divine!

That is true. So, really, Empoleon got screwed. XD
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Empoleon got screwed. XD
    It did, rather. Poor thing.

I would so laugh if all of the final evolutions of the starters did turn out to have to same second type. Fire/dragon, water/dragon, grass/dragon? I won't say no, but oh god would Chespin get buttraped with that typing When even Delibird can open up a can of whoop-a*s on you, something's gone very wrong.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

It just breaks my heart knowing that Froakie is going to be the Tepig of this generation. I think it's a great Pokemon in my opinion simply based on its design. I just wish others could see its appeal the way I do. Oh well. I can at least rest easy knowing that Fennekin is very popular and that she'll keep Chespin from taking the top spot. For now at least. I know things could change fairly quickly when their evolved forms are revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post

I would so laugh if all of the final evolutions of the starters did turn out to have to same second type. Fire/dragon, water/dragon, grass/dragon? I won't say no, but oh god would Chespin get buttraped with that typing
    Each would have something noteworthy if this was put into practice:

Chespin Dragon would suffer a lot of weaknesses.
    Fennekin Dragon would have nearly unresisted coverage.
    Froakie Dragon would have only one weakness.

Of course this theory is unlikely to happen so meh.

When even Delibird can open up a can of whoop-a*s on you, something's gone very wrong.
    But Delibird was unavailable in Pokemon Gold and has a redundant Dream World ability. It's not to be taken lightly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

The poll means nothing, considering there is an entire world called The Internet with other opinions.
    actually, poll reflects majority of the internet. fennekin love is so universal i am gobsmacked by it. i even saw my colleague drawing a picture of fennekin and she doesnt even play pokemon or like it. apperently her children adored it and even she couldnt help but love it. chespin and froakie being neck'n neck is also reflected.

as for the rumour; i am congragulating the person to write something so beliavable. some people really have too much free time or that is what we are gonna get and some1 doesnt care if they get smacked by a court order and paying insane amounts of money for breach of contract and probably a lot more..... I say some people have to much free time.

I would so laugh if all of the final evolutions of the starters did turn out to have to same second type. Fire/dragon, water/dragon, grass/dragon? I won't say no, but oh god would Chespin get buttraped with that typing When even Delibird can open up a can of whoop-a*s on you, something's gone very wrong.
    Does Torterra get slaughtered by Delibird? Nope..

Eitherway.. I'm coming to terms with the large possibility of Chespin being the second coming of Torterra, Fennekin being the second coming of Ninetales, and Froakie being the second coming of Poliwrath.. Don't screw it up! Water/Dragon for something that's obviously just a small frog would make no sense..

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    It just breaks my heart knowing that Froakie is going to be the Tepig of this generation. I think it's a great Pokemon in my opinion simply based on its design. I just wish others could see its appeal the way I do. Oh well. I can at least rest easy knowing that Fennekin is very popular and that she'll keep Chespin from taking the top spot. For now at least. I know things could change fairly quickly when their evolved forms are revealed.
    It depends on opinions.. If you look at it from DP to XY, then we can sort of say:
    - Turtwig, Tepig, Froakie: The starter that the not mainstream-guys like.
    - Chimchar, Oshawott, Chespin: The 'hey I'm going to laugh my jolly butt off and sell merch like no tommorow'-starter..
    - Piplup, Snivy, Fennekin: Effeminate starter that gets a massive following...

Chimchar and Piplup could be on the second or third lists...

My favorites tend to balance between the first and second group.. I've actually gone through initial playthroughs with teams containing both of them:
    - DP: Chimchar, Turtwig, with Barry having Piplup
    - BW: Oshawott, Tepig, with Cheren having Snivy and Bianca another Tepig.
    - XY: I'm willing to bet I'll pick Chespin, have my rival get a weaksauce-Fennekin, train Chespin like mad just to prove a point, though have my Froakie decimate the rest of his team.

Oddly enough, I always end up picking a starter, and trading in a second, and have my rival complete the trio, and still end up with two complete sets of starter types:
    - Grass: Turtwig, Chespin
    - Fire: Chimchar, Tepig
    - Water: Oshawott, Froakie

So yeah, what I wanna say is... You're not alone!
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Starters as Dragons!?
    Geez, rumors can be weird, man.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

but wont that drive the fanbase insane? especially since charizard is a pokemon that looks like a dragon but isnt a dragon type and the fanbase keeps saying it along with gyarados shouldve been dragons.......or is the fanbase already insane?(no offense, please dont totally kill me for saying that)
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

That is true. So, really, Empoleon got screwed. XD
    Not really. Empoleon is faster (in theory) than Torterra, and can easily launch an Ice Beam or a Blizzard and make a OHKO.
    Empoleon can also have Surf, Hydro Pump or Hydro Cannon to kick Infernape's a*s, and again, make a OHKO. Due to his good Defense and Special Defense, Empoleon could endure a fighting move from Infernape's speed advantage.

No one of those starters are in disadvantage if you have the good moveset for.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 27th January 2013 at 11:44 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account ا my shiny hunting Youtube channel
    my shiny hunting Google+ page

Spoiler:- Current shiny hunts:

I wonder if we'll have 3 starters final evolutions with a second type, like back in Sinnoh.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 27th January 2013 at 11:47 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account ا my shiny hunting Youtube channel
    my shiny hunting Google+ page

Spoiler:- Current shiny hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    I wonder if we'll have 3 starters final evolutions with a second type, like back in Sinnoh.
    I'm hoping for that. That's one of the reasons why I loved Sinnoh.

That's what I'm hoping for.
    I have claimed Empoleon, Super Mario Galaxy, and Rosalina!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

Hoenn and Sinnoh had the best starters in my opinion.
    Let's see what the evolutions look like, then we'll know.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Not really. Empoleon is faster (in theory) than Torterra, and can easily launch an Ice Beam or a Blizzard and make a OHKO.
    Empoleon can also have Surf, Hydro Pump or Hydro Cannon to kick Infernape's a*s, and again, make a OHKO. Due to his good Defense and Special Defense, Empoleon could endure a fighting move from Infernape's speed advantage.

No one of those starters are in disadvantage if you have the good moveset for.
    Completely agree. Not to mention that, being a bird, Piplup gets Peck early on naturally, giving it an SE option over Monferno and Grotle as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    Hoenn and Sinnoh had the best starters in my opinion.
    Let's see what the evolutions look like, then we'll know.
    I sort of agree.. Not really any of the Hoenn starters let me down, as they all got amazing move options, and Sinnoh was great, but even though I didn't really use Empoleon at all, I could see the worth of it. Major defensive Water-type on Sandstorm teams?

I'll laugh if these guys end up being puritans like Johto, but who knows.. We were all so sure that Oshawott would turn out Water/Fighting, or Ice and it didn't.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Page 257 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307357 ... LastLast