View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 258 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast
Results 6,426 to 6,450 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Fennekin is easily my favourite, it's just so aesthetically pleasing. Froakie has its charms too. I'm really not feeling Chespin though, it just looks like the basic route 2 encounter rodent. Of course all this could easily change with what the evolutions bring! The final form is what is really important.

As for secondary types, I'm hoping for Fennekin's evolutions to be part psychic. Froakie I could see becoming poison maybe?

Yes! Chespin's back in front of Froakie.

Fennekin is becoming my least favorite. The more I look at it the more ugly it seems. It's head is way too big for it's body, and all that ear hair...gross.

My favorites team:

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin17 View Post
    Yes! Chespin's back in front of Froakie.

Fennekin is becoming my least favorite. The more I look at it the more ugly it seems. It's head is way too big for it's body, and all that ear hair...gross.
    Well, that's just a matter of opinion. Chespin is the ugliest one for me, while Fennekin looks very nice.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Well, that's just a matter of opinion. Chespin is the ugliest one for me, while Fennekin looks very nice.
    Yup, all opinion. I love Chespin and I did like Fennekin more than Froakie, but Froakie's grown on me and Fennekin just...the more I look at it...eww.

My favorites team:

It's hilarious how everyone is attempting to subtly attack one another's starter of choice. That being said, I do like Chespin more than either of the others.
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

Quote Originally Posted by Xadium View Post
    It's hilarious how everyone is attempting to subtly attack one another's starter of choice. That being said, I do like Chespin more than either of the others.
    Its inevitable with the coming of ANY new gen. Me for one though am a die hard fan of fennekin<3

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Lol, I just found this image, found it funny.

My favorites team:

Quote Originally Posted by X Rat View Post
    "We're all hoping"? Not in one topic on any forum in the history of the Internet, have all posters wanted the same thing. I've said it before, I do not mind Chespin being pure grass at all. I think a quilled/spiked/armored hedgehog pokemon as a concept lends itself well to a second type. It is not what I "want", necessarily (I don't care either way), it is an objective analysis. (I will not deny that many people do blur those lines, though, not all of us are doing that)
    Ok, most. Better? I get the advantages and disadvantages of having two types on one Pokemon. Some combos work, some don't. The mechanism of dual-typing is and always has been interesting to most people, almost all. That is why I put "all".
    Casual Veteran Player (History: Yellow, Silver, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, White, Black, White2, Black2 (current))

I just enjoy the ride

FC's:
    White - 5028-9056-3901 (JT):
    Black - 1764-7304-9723 (Aishi):
    White 2 - 3998-4495-2395 (Rose):
    Black 2 - 2881-8825-5463 (JT):

- I really have the confidence that Fennekin will by a part of a Psychic type, but only as her last form of evolution. Her middle-stage will be a fire one, just like Prinplup and Grotle were pure. She will be fast, but not the fastest.

- For Chespin, I do not have the certitude of what combination it will be, if he has one. My favorite still the Dark part of and the Steel type, if this one is fast. I'm expecting a soft evolution, but not too fast, a little bit like Blaziken was.

- Froakie is really unknow to me. It smells the pure Water, but still part of a Fighting is a good idea. I prefer the part of an Ice type too, but I have the feeling of something pure, here. I think he should be the fastest of all the 3.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

I honestly feel Froakie's evolution will be part ice with that foam on his back coming up to be a eskimo hood around his face. I think that'd be bad ***. I'll draw something up and post soon.
    Y TEAM

GRENINJA
    TALONFLAME
    FLORGES
    MEGA VENUSAUR
    PANGORO
    DRAGALGE

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin17 View Post

Lol, I just found this image, found it funny.
    that is pretty funny!
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

You know, the more I look at Froakie the more I wonder HOW people says "Ice" as second type. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    You know, the more I look at Froakie the more I wonder HOW people says "Ice" as second type. Seriously.
    I honestly agree. I see the whole water/electric idea going on and I sort of see water/flying, but I do not see water/ice in his design. Then again, did anyone guess pipulp would be water/steel? I surely didn't, water/ice or pure water seemed like the most predictable choices to me.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

The foam/froth around its neck and back can be visualized as a lump of snow or snow clouds.

.: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I wonder why people have the thought that it could be an Ice type as well. The only evidence they have to back it up that I've seen so far is the move it used during the trailer. However that's hardly enough to prove it's going to be an ice type. Many water pokemon can learn ice type moves there's nothing special about that. For me Froakie with it's design it looks like it could possibly be a water/flying type. Only reason why I say that is because of the cloud looking thing on it's back. Even being a water/electric would be a good guess if the puffy white on it's back is truly a cloud.

But what I'm really confused about is this.
    <=== How are people saying Chespin is just an Oshawott with a green hat?!?! I mean REALY, all I can see that's the same is their eyes.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Yeah, I don't see the similarities between Chespin and Oshawott.
    I'll make you wet.

I CAN DEFINATLEY SEE OSHAWOTT IN CHESPIN. Actually when I first saw him, He reminded me specifically of Dewott.
    Yup! A Dewott wearing a hat!

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Only thing I see in common is small bodies and round head.

Chespin has thick long arms with fingers while Oshawott has little fingerless stubs.
    Oshawott has long flat feet, Chespin does not.

okay...

and?
    I'll make you wet.

I do see some similarities, but I also see enough differences that I'm not driven to a frenzy like some. All in all I'm most excited by Chespin, he's the cutest/silliest/potentially awesome of the 3. Froakie is the one I'm put off by the most, he just doesn't interest me, he looks boring. Fennekin is the toss up, it's final typing and how it's evolutions look are gonna decide my stance on it, I'm hopeful though.

I agree Chespin and Oshawott has very few similarities unlike Piplup and Oshawott. All three of them have similar head shapes.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...mkwrbgjSISiV-w

Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

Chespin looks like a small armadillo to me. It could evolve into a big one w/ a field of spiky grass on its back, on 4 legs.
    It seems like the three starters final evos will stand on 4 legs.

Anyway, I'm kinda disturbed w/ the hair in Fennekin's ears, and what look like nose holes on Froakie.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Really? The first thing I thought of when I saw Chespin was Oshawott, well okay, Dewott. That's partly the reason why I dislike Chespin and I don't plan on choosing it as my Starter Pokemon in either game. But even if it didn't look like Oshawott's long lost brother, I wouldn't choose it anyway because I don't think Grass-type Pokemon are that powerful.

.: Fennekin looks absolutely adorable! I would totally choose that as my starter! :.
    Pokemon Shipper since the early 2000's!

Deviantart --> INNOCENTFATE

Fennekin is my least favourite of the starting 3 - judged solely on appearance! Froakie looks like it could evolve into something potentially very powerful, and Chespin looks like it could be really cool looking upon evolution.
    ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM

Page 258 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast