View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 260 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310360 ... LastLast
Results 6,476 to 6,500 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Its the eyes... Big eyes compared to its head and body...just like a chibi anime character..people just like its bright colors. miju

Quote Originally Posted by pokedons View Post
    i like pichu for its looks i like chespin anf froakie for its looks but fennekin looks weird i think he colours need to be swapped round
    Quote Originally Posted by pokedons View Post
    yeah but fennekins is absurdly huge
    both of these are just opinions.
    It is fine that you have your own opinions, but other people also have opinions, so its easy to but-heads.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I'd go with Froakie, but i like all of these a lot better then the gen 5 starters. I did like their last forms though. I hope it won't be the other way around in gen 6
    Pokemon Y team :

[CENTER]
    ^^^^^^managed to finally hatch a shiny 5V Protean Froakie! Also bred 5V shiny Cleffa (up for trade)^^^^^^^

FC 3DS : 4553-9947-3131

Why does everyone like fennekin to me it just looks like a fox with an ear hair problem
    Mammalian bias, to put it simply. People tend to prefer mammals over any other type of animal.

And people LOVE carnivorous mammals, like foxes (which Fennekin is) and wolves and big cats.

I knew it would be the one everyone preferred the second I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijuwott View Post
    Its the eyes... Big eyes compared to its head and body...just like a chibi anime character..people just like its bright colors. miju
    I agree! The fist time I saw Fennekin, I immediatley loved its "eyeliner." I was sold! I just love pokemon with eyeliner, I think it makes em look dashing! I mean look at cobalion, virizion, and terrakion; I know I wouldn't have liked them as much without there "eyeliner"

Quote Originally Posted by Sealotic View Post
    I think there is a lot of facts that made us like a pokemon. Someone will love Cresselia for its mystic side, someone will like Spinda because it has a funny look...
    A lot of people like Fennekin because of its look. Maybe you don't appreciate it and that's why there are so many pokemon.
    Valid point. Its the same reason why ill never have a dark or ghost type on my team - they're design simply doesn't cut it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Mammalian bias, to put it simply. People tend to prefer mammals over any other type of animal.

And people LOVE carnivorous mammals, like foxes (which Fennekin is) and wolves and big cats.

Actually foxes aren't carnivorous. They are polyvorous. Meaning they have to ability to literally down almost anything.
    Foxes although comprise there diet mostly off of rats, can be found just as happy munching on vegetation, insecti, and much more too.

Secondly I don't think wether its a mammal or not matters. Wailord is a mammal, and a "carnivorous" one but isn't exactly faveorited by anyone I know. People are biased towards the design of a pokemon. How cute/cool/sexy/etc a pokemon looks is how a pokemon gets faveorited not through there genus.
    Last edited by BBtheASH; 28th January 2013 at 8:14 PM.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by Mijuwott View Post
    Nah I liked it because I'm a huge fan of the fennec fox species. Those ears I tell ya.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Nah I liked it because I'm a huge fan of the fennec fox species. Those ears I tell ya.
    I've got a personal reason for loving Fennekin...I first saw a photo of a Fennec fox when I was like 6 years old. My dad's an animal biologist so he was always sending home photos of dragonflies and flamingos covered in mud and rare species and crap. I think the Fennec was the first photo he ever sent me that was actually interesting to a little girl who did NOT like bugs. I was just overwhelmed by how cute it was. And those ears ^___^

Also, fire types have been my favourite type forever. So, yay for Fennekin fandom. God, please let its evolutions be gorgeous and not buttugly!
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post

Is that really a thing? xD I doubt that's the reason.

Still I prefer Froakie and Chespin so what do i know
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/205fssg.png[/IMG]

to be honest i see froakie as the prefered character here, my fave is still fennekin, i see it as froakie because of what happenned with oshawott. if you think about it and the pattern pokemon goes ini think that it will be froakie.

Agression, Destruction.
    Meowstic is officially mine!

Credit to SM

I usually start with the water type. (I have in every region except Johto because I love Chikorita) but I may actually start with Fennekin? Froakie is ADORABLE too though. I may do Fennekin in X/Froakie in Y or vice versa. Unless Fennekin evolves in a Fire/Fighting combo. Then I'm going to have to schedule an intervention for Nintendo.

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/2s15gnt.jpg[/IMG]
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Now Playing: X
    Delphox. Gardevoir. Blastoise. Pidgeot. Aurorus. Leafeon.
    Y (Planned)
    Greninja. Gardevoir. Florges. Vivillion. Meinshao. Ampharos.
    White
    Samurott. Liligant. Braviary. Chandelure. Meinshao. Galvantula.
    White 2 /// Black 2
    Samurott. Ampharos. Braviary. Meinshao. Espeon. Chandelure. /// Serperior. Starmie. Arcanine. Golurk. ? ?

Personally, my favorite is Fennekin. My reasoning here is that I have high hopes for an awesome fire/xxx type combination, and foxes are great. Mostly the former, though.
    Next is Chespin, then Froakie. Froakie doesn't look to appealing to me; he kind of looks more scholarly than anything else (white fur looks like balding aged hair, whereas the two white circles where his nose would be look like professor glasses). I don't quite like scholarly-looking Pokemon. This is just my opinion.

well you cant fully be to sure on some of them and types because fennekin could easily be using something like psywave or growl and the purple could be because of new graphics. the move froakie used possibly could have been doubleslap or extremespeed, or even a whole brand new move itself. then chespin does seem to use night slash or shadowclaw but who knows if its a move randomly learned or move tutor, or even just tm. even without being dark or ghost type they can learn moves kinda like samurott learns a bug move even without being the type just cuz it has the knives and a horn. but ill admit the typings would be pretty cool but most ,likely chespin would be part ground. fennekin could stay full fire or even get the psychic, and froakie could take on a flying, fighting, psychic, or poison because of the character traits it seems to have but that all depends on the way they all evolve

I don't really mind any typing for froakie. But I have a feeling fennekin is not going to be fighting type. It's name just sounds so elegant, makes me think psychic. But what I do care about is that chespin gets an awesome dual type. Like steel. Not ground, that's been done too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    I don't really mind any typing for froakie. But I have a feeling fennekin is not going to be fighting type. It's name just sounds so elegant, makes me think psychic. But what I do care about is that chespin gets an awesome dual type. Like steel. Not ground, that's been done too much.
    Um, excuse me but Grass/Ground has only been done once before. Ever. And that's Torterra who, honestly, is just pretty damn beast.

(SOURCE: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/ground.shtml)

I just want Chespin to not have a heavy head because of how the chestnut develops on its head..... Grass/Ground would be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightJewel View Post
    Um, excuse me but Grass/Ground has only been done once before. Ever. And that's Torterra who, honestly, is just pretty damn beast.

(SOURCE: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/ground.shtml)

You're right about the typing, it's just that im scared if it does become ground type, it would develop the body type I don't want for chespin(venasaur, torterra). I at least hope chespin stays upright in posture

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    You're right about the typing, it's just that im scared if it does become ground type, it would develop the body type I don't want for chespin(venasaur, torterra). I at least hope chespin stays upright in posture
    I don't think you have to worry. Chespin may not be my favorite but I think he'll end up being badass. He gives me a Excadrill vibe for some reason and I think he'll end up looking like that. It would tie in well with it being half ground or steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgaz View Post
    Yes, it is. People tend to gravitate towards the cute and cuddly. I've never picked the mammal starter however.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

I like Chespin. He's a green spikey hedgehog. If he's really fast and his final evolution learns rollout I'm calling it sonic!!! I lke the pokemon with spikes! a lot of the original pokemon that were poison types had spikes like nidoking, gengar and tentacruel (the big fang thingy it's got for a nose), or they were grass. Anyways. I think they all have lots of potential. I tend to gravitate away from the water starters anyways. They are generally pretty slow... except swampert (I LOVE YOU SWAMPERT!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Flygon View Post
    Yes, it is. People tend to gravitate towards the cute and cuddly. I've never picked the mammal starter however.
    And mammals are cutest to us because we are mammals.

...Well, in short, that is. I can really be quite a bit of a geek to the word cute, since I see it from a scientific viewpoint more then most people, so I'm trying not to go out on a rant.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

In my opinion, Chespin looks a Patrat that got a bad a Halloween costume.
    However, I still like design.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    In my opinion, Chespin looks a Patrat that got a bad a Halloween costume.
    However, I still like design.
    I can see how some people dont quite like chespin's design, but something about that hat/head gives me a feeling his evos are going to be awesome

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

Am I the only one that doesn't like fennec foxes? I like other sorts of foxes just fine, but fennecs look...perpetually mean in most photos I've ever seen of them. And even when they look not mean, they still look sort of ratty. Nothing against Fennekin, who looks much better than it's originator...

I actually like all of the starters a lot, which is unusual for me, as I usually only like 1 or 2. Fennekin is prolly the worst of the bunch for me, but still one of my all time favorite fire starters. Second only to Charmander amongst fires.
    This is me. This is my team. Fear our wrath.
    Trainer Card for my Fanfiction.
    (First line links to FF.net version of the story, second line links to Serebii.net version of the story)
        Spoiler:- Credit for stuff:

I laugh at the eye size objection I've been reading around.

Where were them when Totodile or Charmander were released to say the same? I mean, look at those eyes. Then you'll realize that Pokemon is using big eyes like many of the Japanese designs there is.

Shocking, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Actually foxes aren't carnivorous. They are polyvorous. Meaning they have to ability to literally down almost anything.
    Foxes although comprise there diet mostly off of rats, can be found just as happy munching on vegetation, insecti, and much more too.

Secondly I don't think wether its a mammal or not matters. Wailord is a mammal, and a "carnivorous" one but isn't exactly faveorited by anyone I know. People are biased towards the design of a pokemon. How cute/cool/sexy/etc a pokemon looks is how a pokemon gets faveorited not through there genus.
    They're omnivores, then. Fair point. I didn't know that. But I'm sure most people don't know that.

I think it does, though it's not what people are thinking about. And I probably should have been more specific. People don't just like mammals, they like mammals that are cute and/or elegant. Especially Canidae (like foxes and therefore Fennekin) and Felidae.

I do agree that people judge Pokemon and animals based on "cuteness," "coolness," etc., but you know what? A huge chunk, if not the majority, of the Pokemon and animals people consider "cute" or "cool" are mammals.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgaz View Post
    Oh, it exists, all right. You can even look it up.

Why do you think so many people going into biology study mammals compared to, say, insects, even though there is a far larger variety of insects than there are mammals on Earth? Obviously, because mammals are FAR more popular among people than insects are. It doesn't matter that there's less variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    And mammals are cutest to us because we are mammals.
    This is kind of what I was thinking.

I apologize for not being clearer with that post. That said, it will depend on what the final evolutions look like, but I think Froakie has the best design of the three. It's cute, and it has something separating it from being just a generic frog. However, I have a feeling Chespin's evolutions are going to blow me away, and I'm going to wind up picking him. That might be because that's what happened with Oshawott. xD

We'll see, though.

Page 260 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310360 ... LastLast