View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 261 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,525 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post

Actually foxes aren't carnivorous. They are polyvorous. Meaning they have to ability to literally down almost anything.
    Foxes although comprise there diet mostly off of rats, can be found just as happy munching on vegetation, insecti, and much more too.

Now we know thanks GI JOE
    “Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

"And through me the Ring will gain an even greater power."
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Who's the greater wizard? Gandalf or his creator?

Well, the mammal category kinda lose it when we think that all Pokemon lays eggs. :/

I think I'm going to choose Fennekin. I think it'll look pretty cool when it evolves, same goes for the other starters. Froakie looks like it has a cute little mustache, in my perspective. Chespin will turn out really good too!
    White 2 Team:

Vapor Lv. 64
    Sal Lv. 65
    Ty Lv. 65
    Vire Lv. 64
    Arc Lv. 66
    Rio Lv. 67

Aiming for all to be Lv. 100!

Fennekin seems like would evolve into something graceful.
    Froakie would be turn into something cool.
    While Chespin could be the radical one. *__*
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

In my opinion i would love to see starter 3rd forms;

Fennekin either Fire/Psychic or just Fire

Froakie Water/Ice

Chespin Grass/Ground or Grass/Rock

A Water/Ice evolution from a starter? Now that I would love!
    ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM

People have speculated the possibility of Froakie somehow being Water/Flying, something to do with clouds, or, as I think is more likely bubbles/foam. I kind of imagine that, if it did happen, to be like the golden Nimbus cloud from Dragonball. That would be a cool way to gain flight, he had control over the bubbles/foam, and could ride them to gain the ability of flight.

Really, I'm ok with whatever second type Froakie gets, barring Ground or Steel, I just hope he does get one. Fighting, Ice, Electric, Flying, Poison, Psychic, I've seen all those types speculated, and I can picture any of them working in cool ways.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

That's what I though about Froakie when I first saw it : a Water-flying.
    But it's weird to imagine a flying frog actually... aren't you agree?

Water-ice would be nice too, the frog version of Lapras... or not.
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Now that I think about it, chespin being grass/steel wouldn't work, because he'd have a quadruple weakness to fire. Also I don't think that they'd make froakie half flying or psychic, then he would have an advantage over chespin early on. I'm leaning towards fighting for froakie, psychic for fennekin, and something awesome for chespin, maybe ground, rock, or poison?

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

I am looking at Frencdh forklore and wonder something.

Fennekin might be the fairy tale of pre evolve form of something like Reynard The Fox, Forakie might be from the fairy tale Diamonds and Toads and Chespie is from the fairy tale of The Little Good Mouse. This might be one way to see how they evolve too, by the history of these middle age fairy tales, and might be also what we will get on some of the other new Pokemon.

[QUOTE=Ampharoid;15641494]Now that I think about it, chespin being grass/steel wouldn't work, because he'd have a quadruple weakness to fire. QUOTE]
    Ever heard of Marshtomp or Swampert?
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

Quote Originally Posted by Sealotic View Post
    But it's weird to imagine a flying frog actually... aren't you agree?

Water-ice would be nice too, the frog version of Lapras... or not.
    No, we have some frogs that are able to glide with their paws.

I can't see water/ice for Froakie just because frogs usually like hot and wet enviroments.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealotic View Post
    But it's weird to imagine a flying frog actually... aren't you agree?.
    It's not hard to imagine any kind of animal flying in the Pokemon world. *flies away on his Dodrio*
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    Well, the mammal category kinda lose it when we think that all Pokemon lays eggs. :/
    Actually there are some mammals that lay eggs (only about five species or so, but they exist). The platypus being one example.

As to why people like mamalian pokemon, well, small and fuzzy tends to be cute. I mean, people cuddle with their pet dog/cat/hamster/etc all the time. Makes sense that people would like cute and cuddly pokemon.

Froakie reminds me of a poison dart frog. I hope it ends up Water/Poison.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    People have speculated the possibility of Froakie somehow being Water/Flying, something to do with clouds, or, as I think is more likely bubbles/foam. I kind of imagine that, if it did happen, to be like the golden Nimbus cloud from Dragonball. That would be a cool way to gain flight, he had control over the bubbles/foam, and could ride them to gain the ability of flight.

Really, I'm ok with whatever second type Froakie gets, barring Ground or Steel, I just hope he does get one. Fighting, Ice, Electric, Flying, Poison, Psychic, I've seen all those types speculated, and I can picture any of them working in cool ways.
    The ones that I highly doubt will happen are Psychic(Fennekin), Poison(Toxicroak clone...) and Electric(Which I honestly cannot picture AT ALL).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    Mammalian, then, to be specific. Mammal-like. Not actual mammals because they're, well, fictional capsule monsters xD

And yeah, it is very odd having Ponyta and Growlithe and things like that hatching out of eggs. Sawk too. And ghost pokemon. How does a ghost hatch from an egg? It's like some horrible riddle.

Anyweirdtangent, what would everyone prefer: the evos to be leaked, and therefore we get a lot of arguments speculation about whether they're fake or not, or the evos to simply be presented to us? I'm kind of hoping something will leak. It just feels more exciting that way, somehow.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

[QUOTE=Luxvan;15641560]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    Now that I think about it, chespin being grass/steel wouldn't work, because he'd have a quadruple weakness to fire. QUOTE]
    Ever heard of Marshtomp or Swampert?
    Exactly, sceptile always destroyed swampert in one hit. I think they've learned that, and it shows that since then they've tried to produce evenly balanced starters. Don't get me wrong, i actually have been promoting the idea of chespin becoming steel type. That would be freaking awesome. I just don't think it's very likely.

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    Now that I think about it, chespin being grass/steel wouldn't work, because he'd have a quadruple weakness to fire. Also I don't think that they'd make froakie half flying or psychic, then he would have an advantage over chespin early on. I'm leaning towards fighting for froakie, psychic for fennekin, and something awesome for chespin, maybe ground, rock, or poison?
    Ferrothorn is also grass steel, and people love it despite it's major fire weakness. Scizor also has the x4 weakness to fire attacks. As another poster mentioned, Swampert has a x4 weakness to grass, yet is still rather powerful. With a Rindo Berry, it can withstand all but the strongest grass moves to retaliate with an ice punch/beam. If Chespin evolves into grass/steel, the developers know exactly what they're doing and give it certain traits that will balance it out. Yes, it will struggle against fire types, but I'm sure it will do great in other regards.

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Anyweirdtangent, what would everyone prefer: the evos to be leaked, and therefore we get a lot of arguments speculation about whether they're fake or not, or the evos to simply be presented to us? I'm kind of hoping something will leak. It just feels more exciting that way, somehow.
    Leaks for sure, it makes everything a lot more fun. With a leak, there's a chance you're not getting all the information which leads to rampant speculation. We may only get images, not typings or even names. And until they came out and told us, we would be left to speculate madly.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

I'm see gen VI starters being grass/water/fire or to balance them out water/normal, grass/rock, fire; that way they all only have 3 weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by aurastrike View Post
    I'm see gen VI starters being grass/water/fire or to balance them out water/normal, grass/rock, fire; that way they all only have 3 weakness.
    I don't see Froakie becoming a normal type, but that doesn't mean it's not possible.. I personally prefer a pure water type over water/normal. The idea of all having the same amount of weaknesses sounds alright, although they all have been very different in previous generations, and I think that GF doesn't really mind it enough to make changes and limiting themselves to only to using type combinations with the same amount of weaknesses. I also wouldn't mind if one has more or less weaknesses than the others, design and nice type combinations are more important for me than the weaknesses they have.

[QUOTE=Ampharoid;15641697]
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post

Exactly, sceptile always destroyed swampert in one hit. I think they've learned that, and it shows that since then they've tried to produce evenly balanced starters. Don't get me wrong, i actually have been promoting the idea of chespin becoming steel type. That would be freaking awesome. I just don't think it's very likely.
    Swampert has Ice Beam/Punch to retaliate to Grass types, and the starters are supposed to be advantageous against eachother. Especially later on, I'd be worried if they weren't all OHKoing eachother. Anyway, as a part Steel type it's highly likely that Chespin's evolution would learn Earthquake or Rock Slide/Stone Edge allowing him to take on Fire types.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

For me it has to be Chespin ^^ Im so excited :-D I do love my grass type pokemon ^^ Really hoping for some great ones in this generation ^^

I am wishing that Chespin becomes some sort of sweeper... Dont have enough sweeping grass starters.

Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

Froakie could end up like Zephos and Cyclos from TLOZ: The Wind Waker!
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

You're welcome.u.jpg
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    You're welcome.u.jpg
    I was just about to ask for a pic haha

Page 261 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast