View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 262 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312362 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,550 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Chespin looks dumb to me. Fennekin is a beast. And I guess Froakie is okay.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

[QUOTE=Aurath8;15642042]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post

Swampert has Ice Beam/Punch to retaliate to Grass types, and the starters are supposed to be advantageous against eachother. Especially later on, I'd be worried if they weren't all OHKoing eachother. Anyway, as a part Steel type it's highly likely that Chespin's evolution would learn Earthquake or Rock Slide/Stone Edge allowing him to take on Fire types.
    Most grass types outspeed Swampert with little ease and almost all kill it in one hit.

Quote Originally Posted by AmusedMilk View Post
    Chespin looks dumb to me.
    Finally, someone who understands. I don't get the hype over Chespin to be honest, and I'm even more surprised that it's so popular here when I've visited other forums where Fennekin and Froakie are always the topic of discussion and Chespin is ignored. I think Gamefreak just ran out of ideas for Grass-types and they decided to copy Oshawott's design and add bits of Nuzleaf and other Grass Pokemon to make something that looked original to them, but that is actually really reductive and ultimately ugly in my humble opinion.

[QUOTE=Tonguetyd;15642343]
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post

Most grass types outspeed Swampert with little ease and almost all kill it in one hit.
    Thank you, ive been trying to say that gf has realized this and has since tried to keep the starter typings a little more balanced. Which why I think that chespin becoming half steel type, while awesome, is highly unpropable

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Finally, someone who understands. I don't get the hype over Chespin to be honest, and I'm even more surprised that it's so popular here when I've visited other forums where Fennekin and Froakie are always the topic of discussion and Chespin is ignored. I think Gamefreak just ran out of ideas for Grass-types and they decided to copy Oshawott's design and add bits of Nuzleaf and other Grass Pokemon to make something that looked original to them, but that is actually really reductive and ultimately ugly in my humble opinion.
    Well you could say the same for the others, I'll have to wait to see their evo's before making a final decision.

Whats this about Swampert being bad?
    Swampert has enough bulk and HP to survive a hit and hit 'em back with an Ice Beam/Punch.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    Whats this about Swampert being bad?
    Swampert has enough bulk and HP to survive a hit and hit 'em back with an Ice Beam/Punch.
    It would depend on which Pokemon Swampert is battling and what move did they use.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 29th January 2013 at 10:32 PM.

I don't see that Chespin looks any more like Oshawott than Fennekin looks like Vulpix?

I like the new starter's designs. Fen is the only one I love, but that might change over time. Chespin's cute and Froakie...unusual.

But then I hardly ever hate a pokemon design. Cobalion and Manectric I have issues with. But the starters? How can anyone hate em, they're always so cute and cuddly :3
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post
    Well you could say the same for the others, I'll have to wait to see their evo's before making a final decision.
    I'm talking about against sceptile specifically, because of its speed and critical hit ratio, you're pretty much guaranteed a 1 hit ko

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    I don't see that Chespin looks any more like Oshawott than Fennekin looks like Vulpix?

I like the new starter's designs. Fen is the only one I love, but that might change over time. Chespin's cute and Froakie...unusual.

But then I hardly ever hate a pokemon design. Cobalion and Manectric I have issues with. But the starters? How can anyone hate em, they're always so cute and cuddly :3
    I think you said everything, how could we have such adorable creature ?
    -Garbodor et Muk aren't creature, hm-

They didn't ran out of idea, I guess it's not easy to create a creature for the 6th time, and for it to be absolutely different from the others.
    I wouldn't be able, they would all look the same.
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

I'm talking about against sceptile specifically, because of its speed and critical hit ratio, you're pretty much guaranteed a 1 hit ko
    True, but if we also consider that it had a good stat distribution and an immunity against one of water's common types (which removes paralysis as a ailment it has to worry about), Swampert got a good deal out of it overall. Chespin could be the same way, it will have a massive fire weakness but in trade it can have a number of resistances and an immunity to make it viable.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    You're welcome.Attachment 7902
    They remind me of the Kami Trio too much.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    Actually there are some mammals that lay eggs (only about five species or so, but they exist). The platypus being one example.
    Mammalian-like, since exceptions doesn't make the rule. Moreso when it's all the scope xD

Ok, this is just plain offtopic. Sorry >_>

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    They remind me of the Kami Trio too much.
    Fennekin reminds people of Vulpix. Chespin of Oshawott. Not everyone's gonna be able to be pleased.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

I know this doesn't have anything to do with the topic but could someone explain why some people don't like the 5 Gen Starters including there Evolutions? Is it because of there designs or is it because they lack a good move pool? For example The Snivy line is one of my favorites but Serperior lacks a good move pool its hidden ability is useless without Leafstorm and it doesn't know to many special attacks besides Normal and Grass.

Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    Fennekin reminds people of Vulpix. Chespin of Oshawott. Not everyone's gonna be able to be pleased.
    And that's the reality of everyday, everybody isn't always happy... hu
    Whatever, I'll die of a heart disease because I'm dying to know new stuff about the starters..!
    Juste a little shadow of the secnod evo would be soooo good, but I know that it's not in their interest to reveal to much stuff... 9 months before the revelation ?
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon1998Ash View Post
    I know this doesn't have anything to do with the topic but could someone explain why some people don't like the 5 Gen Starters including there Evolutions? Is it because of there designs or is it because they lack a good move pool? For example The Snivy line is one of my favorites but Serperior lacks a good move pool its hidden ability is useless without Leafstorm and it doesn't know to many special attacks besides Normal and Grass.
    There are a few reasons people give for not liking them. Tepig is widely disliked beause of his typing, it being the same as the Fire starters from Gens III and IV. As for the others, I really don't know... You might be right with about movepools
    Pokégyms

I am sorry but i think the starters look ugly compared to the other starters in every generation except Firefox which is cooler than torchic. But I like legendary that is red and flies and is not the Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Firewolf7 View Post
    I am sorry but i think the starters look ugly compared to the other starters in every generation except Firefox which is cooler than torchic. But I like legendary that is red and flies and is not the Buck
    Well, Torchic does breath fire at over 1,800 degrees Farenheit.
    Pokégyms

You mean normal?
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon1998Ash View Post
    Sumo Wrestler -> Because Fire/Fighting
    Snake-Who-Is-Not-A-Dragon -> Horrible Move pool...but movetutors help him a little.
    Samurai -> Some people think it's ugly...or Oshawott is ugly

I don't get the hype over Chespin to be honest,
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you a fan of Fennekin? Hype? Have you seen the hype surrounding Fennekin?

and I'm even more surprised that it's so popular here when I've visited other forums where Fennekin and Froakie are always the topic of discussion and Chespin is ignored.
    I don't see how it is surprising to see its popularity here. If people like Chespin, then they will talk about it.

I think Gamefreak just ran out of ideas for Grass-types and they decided to copy Oshawott's design and add bits of Nuzleaf and other Grass Pokemon to make something that looked original to them, but that is actually really reductive and ultimately ugly in my humble opinion.
    Wait... (again, correct me if I'm wrong) Didn't you tell everyone before that Fennekin is not a copy of Vulpix and is an original Pokemon? I don't get how that's any different from Chespin's apparent similarities with Oshawott.

Quote Originally Posted by Firewolf7 View Post
    ... The name of the "Firefox" is Fennekin... The "legendary that is red" is Yveltal and the "Buck" is Xerneas.
    Last edited by βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη; 30th January 2013 at 12:52 AM.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/10ih3yp.png[/IMG]

You know the more I read how X Pokemon is a copy of that Y Pokemon the more I realize how little some people know about Pokemon.

I just think that there's no problem if a Pokemon is slightly based off another Pokemon its not like everything has to be completely original. I mean there is still many animals that are not made into Pokemon yet...but I almost must add that if anyone says that some of these Pokemon are not animals I must remind you the games is just a shortened version of Pocket Monsters... so the Pokemon are just monsters based of a certain animal so they can look any way they want to. Miju v . v

*comes back to forum after a week* Holy crap, is Chespin beating Froakie?!?....well, it's only by a few votes but progress is progress. Maybe I'll come back later to see Chespin beating Fennekin in the polls. :P

But anywho, I really think the polls will shift SIGNIFICANTLY when their second types are revealed....

If Fennekin's secondary type is Psychic, it will shoot up in the polls even more!! However, if its secondary typing in Fighting....

People would LOVE to see Froakie as any variety of types (Fighting, Psychic, Flying, Electric, ect.) so I don't see its popularity shifting.

I do believe Chespin's popularity can only improve, though. Alot of people are hoping for Rock and Steel but would be fine with Fighting, Dark, or Ground. I've even heard some Electric (making it the Grass Starter AND PikaClone of GenVI) and Poison (making it similar to the Bulbasaur-line) possibilities. I think the only disappointment for the Chespin line would be remaining pure Grass, which isn't really all that bad if its stats and movepool are done correctly.
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Page 262 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312362 ... LastLast