View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 263 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313363 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,575 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    *comes back to forum after a week* Holy crap, is Chespin beating Froakie?!?....well, it's only by a few votes but progress is progress. Maybe I'll come back later to see Chespin beating Fennekin in the polls. :P

But anywho, I really think the polls will shift SIGNIFICANTLY when their second types are revealed....
    Not to mention the evolutions.

They may shift, but I think Fennekin will always be the fan-favorite starter of Gen. VI
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

I think Chespin can have a nice movwpool. It might get like in this order but might have more variety than I can think of.

Tackle/Pound
    Growl/Tail Whip
    Leech Seed
    Bite
    Razor Leaf/Bullet Seed
    A new move/Pin Missle
    Headbutt/Hyper Fang/Growth
    Seed Bomb
    Sweet Scent?
    Crunch
    Slash/Dig
    Leaf Storm/ Solarbeam

Quote Originally Posted by Mijuwott View Post
    I think Chespin can have a nice movwpool. It might get like in this order but might have more variety than I can think of.

Tackle/Pound
    Growl/Tail Whip
    Leech Seed
    Bite
    Razor Leaf/Bullet Seed
    A new move/Pin Missle
    Headbutt/Hyper Fang/Growth
    Seed Bomb
    Sweet Scent?
    Crunch
    Slash/Dig
    Leaf Storm/ Solarbeam
    Yeah, that seems about right. I'd hope it'd be rich in secondary-type moves, as well. Also, I hope it will have a move that involves its ChesHood. Like Oshawott's Scalchop...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Scalchop
    Last edited by LeoP2008; 30th January 2013 at 1:43 AM.
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Why does everyone relate Fennekin to Vulplix and Ninetales, it looks way more on a fire-type Glameow, including the winged legs! Although I get why people think of Vulpix and Ninetales as well, all three being fire foxes.. I still love this set of starters, even though they all have similarities with other Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    *comes back to forum after a week* Holy crap, is Chespin beating Froakie?!?....well, it's only by a few votes but progress is progress. Maybe I'll come back later to see Chespin beating Fennekin in the polls. :P

But anywho, I really think the polls will shift SIGNIFICANTLY when their second types are revealed....

If Fennekin's secondary type is Psychic, it will shoot up in the polls even more!! However, if its secondary typing in Fighting....

People would LOVE to see Froakie as any variety of types (Fighting, Psychic, Flying, Electric, ect.) so I don't see its popularity shifting.

I do believe Chespin's popularity can only improve, though. Alot of people are hoping for Rock and Steel but would be fine with Fighting, Dark, or Ground. I've even heard some Electric (making it the Grass Starter AND PikaClone of GenVI) and Poison (making it similar to the Bulbasaur-line) possibilities. I think the only disappointment for the Chespin line would be remaining pure Grass, which isn't really all that bad if its stats and movepool are done correctly.
    Precisely! At this point we know nothing about these pokemon at all. We don't know stats,abilities,movepools etc..
    We need more info, before really judging these pokemon!

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Precisely! At this point we know nothing about these pokemon at all. We don't know stats,abilities,movepools etc..
    We need more info, before really judging these pokemon!
    Definitely. .
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

He might even get more new moves or at least an ability to use Metal Claw or Pursuit... even Mudslap.

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    I don't see that Chespin looks any more like Oshawott than Fennekin looks like Vulpix?
    Sis, I know you didn't just shade Fennekin. I mean Fennekin looks nothing like Vulpix in the first place; she looks like a chihuahua more than a fox in my opinion. Chespin on the other hand, is Oshawott's twin. All you have to do is put them side by side to understand where the comparisons stem from. But I'm not here to pit Fennekin against Chespin; I was merely serving some piping hot truth tea about Chespin's design and how Gamefreak really disappointed me by designing a mediocre (imo) Grass-type Starter for the first time.

Ya know...

...I think Fennekin evolving into a Fire/Fighting would make me like it more. If it stays a graceful, quadruped, fighting fox. It's not the worst-case scenario, is it? And it's a unique concept. Not the first thing you'd think of when you look at it.

Of course, this is probably just me, since everyone else hates the already repetitive Fire/Fighting thing we have going with the starters. But I'm jussayin'.

Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

I'm choosing Froakie, but this is me if Fennekin evolves into a Fire/Fighting...

Last edited by Trudermark; 30th January 2013 at 2:54 AM. Reason: Typo!

Shiny Pokemon (Caught)

(Inkay)

Pokemon games I have: Firered, Leafgreen, Sapphire, Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold, White, White 2, X, and Y.

3DS Friend Code: 2148 -8657 - 3929

My Youtube Channel: Trudermark

Quote Originally Posted by AnonNekomata View Post
    Ya know...

...I think Fennekin evolving into a Fire/Fighting would make me like it more. If it stays a graceful, quadruped, fighting fox. It's not the worst-case scenario, is it? And it's a unique concept. Not the first thing you'd think of when you look at it.

Of course, this is probably just me, since everyone else hates the already repetitive Fire/Fighting thing we have going with the starters. But I'm jussayin'.
    Well a quadruped fighting fox would be interesting to see I would like it to like use something more creative than just double kick.

I really don't want Fennekin's evolutions to be Fire/Fighting. Not because of the past three fire starters ending up being part fighting, but because it just doesn't fit. It could do much better off with another type, or even remaining monotyped.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Sis, I know you didn't just shade Fennekin. I mean Fennekin looks nothing like Vulpix in the first place; she looks like a chihuahua more than a fox in my opinion. Chespin on the other hand, is Oshawott's twin. All you have to do is put them side by side to understand where the comparisons stem from. But I'm not here to pit Fennekin against Chespin; I was merely serving some piping hot truth tea about Chespin's design and how Gamefreak really disappointed me by designing a mediocre (imo) Grass-type Starter for the first time.

My favorites team:

Chespin looks like the slimmer version of Oshawott with only leaves, different colour and pointed tail.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    Chespin looks like the slimmer version of Oshawott with only leaves, different colour and pointed tail.
    I dont see the resemblance between chespin and oshawott at all, body type means nothing in the long run. If anything, oshawott looks more like piplup, and even then, the two look nothing alike fully evolved

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    I dont see the resemblance between chespin and oshawott at all, body type means nothing in the long run. If anything, oshawott looks more like piplup, and even then, the two look nothing alike fully evolved
    Of course they will look totally different fully evolved.
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin17 View Post
    Are you attempting to use one of the most poorly drawn diagrams of all time as an argument?
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

The walking Chespin sprite on Chespin17 makes me want to choose Chespin as a starter.
    Super kawaii.
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

The fact that everyone is attacking each other's starters makes be laugh.
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

I totally want fennekin!

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin17 View Post
    What exactly is that supposed to prove? Because to me it looks like Chespin is just an elongated Oshawott. :x

I do give Gamefreak credit for at least making Chespin a Grass-type; I can just imagine the meltdowns that would occur if Chespin had been the regional Water-type Starter instead. I suppose it being a Grass-type is enough to make some people overlook the stark similarities between it and Oshawott. Gamefreak was pretty sneaky there.

I give GF credit for finally breaking the reptile chain for the grass starters.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Again, why do we have to compare starters?!? Fennekin DOES NOT look like Vulpix, Chespin DOES NOT look like Oshawott, and Froakie... well, Froakie's Froakie.
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

after i heard the rumour i will said that:
    FENNEKIN: fire/ ground
    CHESPIN: grass/ fighting
    FROAKIE: water/psychic

btw how about thiss ahehehe....

http://c4tman.deviantart.com/#/d5sc69b
    Last edited by c4tman; 30th January 2013 at 5:43 AM.

Whenever I think of Chespin, I think of....

Spoiler:- The Chestnut of Time:

...If Chespin is meant to represent the hero in this fairytale themed Pokemon game, I'm SERIOUSLY hoping for a lite but sleek final evo... BUT, if not, the BEST fakemon evo I've seen for Chespin (and the other two) has to be...

Spoiler:- Fakemon Evos 1:

...OR...

Spoiler:- Fakemon Evos 2:

...bulky but believable. Not overly stylized, either. I'm still hoping for a sleek thief/assassin final evo for Chespin, but I'm slowly becoming cool with the possible knight or rock behemoth final evo...
    Last edited by LeoP2008; 30th January 2013 at 5:48 AM.
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Page 263 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313363 ... LastLast