View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 27 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137771271027 ... LastLast

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dd1zzle View Post
    What the heck is chespin supposed to be?!?!?!?!?!?
    Read my User title below my username.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

I find it hard to believe that Chespin will evolve into a Grass/Dark type.It's designed to be the cute one...Just because it used what seemed to be a Dark type move,doesn't mean that it'll be one.A Grass/Fighting combo seems much more plausible.Froakie still has that intelectual vibe...it could still be Water/Psychic--wich is still a pretty good combo.And Fennekin could be a pure Fire type or Fire/Dark or Fire/Ghost[I kind of doubt it'd be this one] or,who knows?Maybe even Fire/Electric.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    What lynx? Do you mean the Fennec Fox?
    It doesn't matter, a fox would be even less likely to be part ground

I'm choosing Chespin no doubt, I fell in love with him at first sight. As for typing...Grass/Fighting for Chespin, Fire/Psychic for Fennekin and Water/Dark for Froakie actually does make a lot of sense but I have some problems with it. The most being that each starter has double advantage over one and double weakness over the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    Why would they turn a lynx into a fire/ground type? How does that make sense? Numel turned into a fire-ground because it had a volcano on it's back, and I just can't see a lynx creating seismic earthquakes. Also, I'm fairly certain that GameFreak wouldn't let a fire/ground use a low-class PSYCHIC move. And even if they did why would they include it in the trailer?
    if your refering to Fennekin its a fox not a Lynx very different animals

fox's burrow underground so ground type isnt completly a wild idea

I think it is interesting with the new grass starter. It breaks the trend of all previous grass starters. All grass starters in the past have been based off a reptile/dinosaur mixture. Now we have something that is clearly none of those... HA! It looks like it might be the fighting type, but we will see. I do like the fire starter the most, and may be the first time I pick a fire starter as I have always gone with the water starters. Froakie is goofy, I hope its last evolution is bomb. I think its fluff is weird, is it trying to be a sheep?

Also, if the starters all end up possessing dark, fighting, and psychic that will be funny; as it is like when generation IV starters were thought to be changed to having the base type as dark, fighting, and psychic. Check the "Fake Pokemon" page.
    Last edited by Sapphire Milotic; 8th January 2013 at 11:52 PM.
    Had to remove image because of SPPf sig rules. :c </3
    *Nom Nom Nom*

This is pokemon where a rat can shoot electricity from it's cheeks. A fox being a ground type can happen if Game Freak chooses to do so.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Why would they turn a lynx into a fire/ground type? How does that make sense? Numel turned into a fire-ground because it had a volcano on it's back, and I just can't see a lynx creating seismic earthquakes. Also, I'm fairly certain that GameFreak wouldn't let a fire/ground use a low-class PSYCHIC move. And even if they did why would they include it in the trailer?
    It's not a lynx, it's fennec fox. They live in the desert, sand dunes are their ideal habitat, and they can hear prey that's traveling underground. So the actual animal has a connection with the ground.

Yea, Rocky's got a point there. Using real world logic with Pokemon won't work all the time. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Milotic View Post
    I think it is interesting with the new grass starter. It breaks the trend of all previous grass starters. All grass starters in the past have been based off a reptile/dinosaur mixture. Now we have something that is clearly none of those...
    Aahahahah, I laugh on the "dinosaur mixture" one ! xD
    I totally agree with you. It's really cool to see and I'm sure he's going to be great !
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

This is what is said about Lynx's,

As a result, it often symbolises the unravelling of hidden truths, and the psychic power of clairvoyance.

Psychic power?

I think Fennekin will be a Fire/Psychic type similar to ninetales. The same way Magenton and Klinkklang that they both uses electric attacks but only one is electric. Fennekin will actually be psychic while ninetales will just use psychic attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Aahahahah, I laugh on the "dinosaur mixture" one ! xD
    I totally agree with you. It's really cool to see and I'm sure he's going to be great !
    Aha of course it is true! I mean, I have no idea what sort of reptile Chikorita was based off of; nor Bulbasaur. So their feet seem to look like those of dinosaurs; such as brachiosaurus and other herbivores. : )
    Had to remove image because of SPPf sig rules. :c </3
    *Nom Nom Nom*

Not bad. I was drawn to Fennekin immediately, even though we already have a fire fox. And it seems to be based on a fennec fox, and I love fennec foxes. I also really like the idea of it being Fire/Psychic.

Fennekin will probably be my first choice, whatever the secondary typing is, and if so, it will be the first time since Gen III's Torchic that fire was my first choice. But then I took a closer look at Chespin, and realized I really like it too! I still think Fennekin will be my first choice, but Crespin is a very close second, though my opinion may change slightly once we see their evolutions. Though I intend to get both versions as usual, so I won't have to choose between them. (I'm thinking Pokemon X - female character - Fennekin, and Pokemon Y - male character - Chespin)

Froakie has a nice design as well, but I definitely don't like it as much as the other two, though I will most likely use it in the 3rd version as I like to give each starter a try, as well as vary each team a bit. Unless things drastically change by release date, it will be the first time since Gen II that the water was my least favorite (3 out of the 5 generations water has been my first choice).

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii! View Post
    Personally I am finding it hard to like the starters currently I would really like to see their evolutions before I can choose a favourite to pick. It doesn't appear they have secondary types yet
    Yeah well 1st evolutions of starters never have secondary types at least until their 2nd evolution and the news on these guys just came out. Xp

White FC: 4727 7654 4502

Isn't it weird how these starters have an emphasis on their heads?Chespin has that huge helmet like thing,Fennekin has those huge furry ears and Froakie's head looks like a flying saucer---and it has huge eyes

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Like I said before fox's burrow undergound...

Quote Originally Posted by Dnooage View Post

As a result, it often symbolises the unravelling of hidden truths, and the psychic power of clairvoyance.

Psychic power?

I think Fennekin will be a Fire/Psychic type similar to ninetales. The same way Magenton and Klinkklang that they both uses electric attacks but only one is electric. Fennekin will actually be psychic while ninetales will just use psychic attacks.
    Ninetales is based on a nine tailed fox with powers, so that explains its psychic powers, but since people have posted Fennekin's origin. It might not be the same sadly.

I often don't decide on starters until I see their evolutions. I didn't decide on Oshawott until I saw Serperior. I didn't decide on Turtwig until I saw Torterra. So I'm not making my final decision until I see them fully evolved. However, I am leaning toward Chespin though. I've always been partial toward the grass ones, and I think Chespin is far cuter than the other two. Fennekin seems to sassy and feminie (which is what turned me off from Snivy), and I've never liked frogs.

So Chespin will likely be mine

I really hope that Fennekin doesn't become a fire-fight though. I kind of doubt it will due to its body, but I never would have predicted Torchic or Tepig would have become fire-fights before their second evolution.

I doubt we'll be able to predict any of their fully evolved types. I personally think Chespin as a grass-dark would be LEGIT, but we can never jump the gun. I hope they return to the way 4th gen was though and give all the fully evolved starters two types. Makes things mroe interesting.
    Want to watch some funny videos?
    Check out MandJTV, a channel where Raccoon Man, a hero nobler than any other, serves justice and does a few other ridiculous (and funny) things.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/1o7ho6.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Milotic View Post
    Aha of course it is true! I mean, I have no idea what sort of reptile Chikorita was based off of; nor Bulbasaur. So their feet seem to look like those of dinosaurs; such as brachiosaurus and other herbivores. : )
    Chikorita looks like a brachiosaur as a Meganium and Bulbasaur is like a giant toad, and the suffix "saur" is also on his name. Having a hedgehog as a Grass Type starter is much more different, just like you said !

Quote Originally Posted by Dnooage View Post

Psychic power?

I think you've actually good thinkin' about it. I really hope it will be a Psychic type.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    This is pokemon where a rat can shoot electricity from it's cheeks. A fox being a ground type can happen if Game Freak chooses to do so.
    Obviously pikachu is an electric type, he has a tail that looks like a lightning bolt and he's mostly yellow. What else could he be? Sure GameFreak throws a few surprises, but most Pokemon look their type.

I love Chespin and Froakie so much, they are both so amazing. I feel like Fennekin will be a Fire/Psychic type and that Chespin will be Grass/Ghost or Ground. Froakie reminds me of a ninja for some reason and makes me feel like he will be Water/Fighting.

~

Quote Originally Posted by ScruffyScrafty View Post
    Yeah well 1st evolutions of starters never have secondary types at least until their 2nd evolution and the news on these guys just came out. Xp
    Bulbasaur?

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    Like I said before fox's burrow undergound...
    When was the last time GameFreak based a Pokemon's typing purely off its real-world counterpart's occasional mannerisms?

Quote Originally Posted by ScruffyScrafty View Post
    That's not true, Bulbasaur was Grass/Poison from the beginning, but other than that you're right

Yea Fennekin being part ground is not out of the question. They are a dessert fox and burrow in the ground. It would actually be cool for a fire/ground...it using sandstorm, getting special defense boots but still has a psychic vibe like golduck. Maybe even sandstream as a dream world ability.

I'm planning on getting both versions: One version I'll wait to see the starters' evolutionary forms to decide, the other I may try to get all three & have each of them at a different evolutionary stage

Also, do you think Fennekin is one of those starters that's better suited as a female like Chikorita & (to a lesser extent) Snivy?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Page 27 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137771271027 ... LastLast