View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 271 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321371 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,775 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireBlueEyes7799 View Post
    7 is more than enough. How many Grass/Darks to we have? How many Fire/Psychic? Water/Fighting? Hmm?

EDIT: Yes you are. I'm veing nice and telling you...I could just report you.
    2, 2, and, oh I don't know, 2.

Trol.

And you are, don. As long as you post more then once uninterrupted it counts.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Exactly my point. Whilest we have 7 Water/Ice, we don't have many of the 3 type combos above. It would be new combinations for the starters and it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghirahim
    You have awoken an anguish that will burn for eons...

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    We have a total of 3 Grass/Dark Pokemon, 1 Fire/Psychic or Psychic/Fire and 2 Water/Fighting.
    Darmanitan is about ready to cry right now.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Darmanitan is about ready to cry right now.
    I'm always forgetting Darmanitan. Wow. It must be crying a river right now. xD

I keep forgetting Darmanitan isn't Fire/Fighting. Oh well.

I think we scared him off...

But I really hope Fennekin isn't Fire/Fighting. I would explode and raid GF.

I'm always forgetting Darmanitan. Wow. It must be crying a river right now. xD
    Darmanitan always forgets you.

I really hope these Pokemon get a signature move along the road that isn't going to shared with another Pokemon this Generation or have weak base power.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Darmanitan always forgets you.
    I am not surprised then.

I really hope these Pokemon get a signature move along the road that isn't going to shared with another Pokemon this Generation or have weak base power.

I am not surprised then.
    Depends on how well it meshes with they're concepts.

Would tou back off just a little bit? I mean your earlier post was a little offending.

Please, no more Water/Ice. We have enough of those.
    Water/Fighting would be a cool combination, because since Samurott didn't get it (which upset me), Froakie should. Others say Water/Dark, because the foam on it's back actually resemble a pack that many Japanese villan have when stealing something. There is fan art for this too, which show the 2 dots on Froakie's nose turning into either a villanous mustache or a villanous mask.
    Fennekin may be Fire/Psychic, just because of the traiker thoughts and it's more femenine look pull away from Fighting.
    Now, Chespin is based of a Cheasnut, which have a harder outside shell, which is green and spikey. There are various typing combos it could be, such as Grass/Ground or Grass/Steel. Not to mention the ever-so popular Grass/Dark theory, but that was swept away by the move aoparently being Areial Ace instead of Night Slash.

The possabilities are endless, if you cannot see. Sometimes things may seem bizzare, but only if you haven't dug deeper.
    For Froakie I still have my own theory on it's typing. I think Froakie will become part flying. I thing its limbs will get longer and slightly muscular. I think it will be water/flying because its 'foam' will develop into wing like things. I can see it using bounce so well. Chespin is a mystery for me and Fennekin is hopefully fire/physic. Don't flame me for this, its me speculating.=D
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Chespin

Chestnut headbutt- Grass type zen headbutt.

Fennekin-Burning love-80physical-30%chance infactuation.

Froakie-Des Croaking- OHKOs anything that hear. Accuracy depends on number of froakie line you control. 1-30,2-60,3-100 acc.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 1st February 2013 at 7:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Chespin

Froakie-Des Croaking-30 acc OHKOs anything that can hear.
    No. Those are bad.

And little bit of balance issue there lol.

Chespin

Froakie-Des Croaking-30 acc OHKOs anything that can hear.
    If only Burning Love was special. Then I'd totally agree with everything you said. :/ But, Croaking is just......something.

If only Burning Love was special. Then I'd totally agree with everything you said. :/ But, Croaking is just......something.
    It's meant to be a flaming kiss..

Flaming kissing are pretty special. I mean, they have to love you with a burning passion. *ba dum tss*

We have a total of 3 Grass/Dark Pokemon, 1 Fire/Psychic or Psychic/Fire and 2 Water/Fighting.
    Yeah but you have to consider that they made two fire/psychic and a water/ fighting pokemon just one gen ago, not counting that two of them were legends.. I don't know but I don't think the starters will get the dark/psychic/fighting combo..(Chespin would be terribly disadvantaged against the others in terms of weaknesses, 5 x2 and a x4 with dark type and 6 x2 and a x4 with psychic type. I know everything changes with stats and moveset, but probably chespin will not have serperior speed this time and water starters will still have ice moves...nahhh).

Chespin

Froakie-Des Croaking- OHKOs anything that hear. Accuracy depends on number of froakie line you control. 1-30,2-60,3-100 acc.

Lol at Chestnut headbutt . Could you imagine if that really made a move called that? XD

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Chespin

Having a OHKO move with 100% accuracy would be a ridiculously broken mechanic.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    Having a OHKO move with 100% accuracy would be a ridiculously broken mechanic.
    That would be pure hell. Oh Arceus, he would surpass the Ubers Ranking! That would be terrifying...

I'm just a hunka-hunka burnin' love ♫

...sorry.

So I was wondering today which of the starters will be bulkiest. Judging from design of the first stages alone, I'm going to predict Froakie will be bulkiest, Chespin second, and Fennekin fairly frail, being a swift Alakazam-like Special Attacker.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    So I was wondering today which of the starters will be bulkiest. Judging from design of the first stages alone, I'm going to predict Froakie will be bulkiest, Chespin second, and Fennekin fairly frail, being a swift Alakazam-like Special Attacker.
    Fennekin might just end up being a defensive tank. Everyone thought Snivy was gonna a end up a frail and was the complete opposite. Though I hope that's not the case. Fire is like one of the worst Types defensively.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    I'm just a hunka-hunka burnin' love ♫

...sorry.

I think Chespin will be the bulkiest since it's based off of a hedgehog (which are known for using their quills for defense) and it's design is less slim then the other two. I agree with Fennekin since it does come off as a frail special attacker, based on first impressions of course.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    I think Chespin will be the bulkiest since it's based off of a hedgehog (which are known for using their quills for defense) and it's design is less slim then the other two. I agree with Fennekin since it does come off as a frail special attacker, based on first impressions of course.
    He's actually, formally, based of a Cheasnut...

He's actually, formally, based of a Cheasnut...
    He's based off of both.

Well yeah I know that but I think he's more of a Cheasnut :P

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Where as I completely get your logic, I'm not assuming anything at this point...

As someone already stated, we thought Snivy/Smugleaf was going to be a frail sweeper BUT turned out to be pretty bulky (despite all of its evo designs). Likewise, Sceptile doesn't strike me as being so friggin' fast (especially with a tree for a tail) but...well...have you SEEN the thing?!?

Taking it a step further, how many of us thought Emboar was going to be part Fighting?? It SCREAMS Dark type. The Bulbasaur line doesn't LOOK like its suppose to be half Poison but it is. Torchic alone would make you believe its going to be part Flying BUT after it evolves, we can clearly see its Fighting. I assumed the Piplup line was going to be half Ice (since its a penguin) and the Oshawott line was going to be part Fighting (since its based on a samurai).

My point is that speculation is awesome but assumption will be the death of us. This is Pokemon. How often does anything really make sense?? Until I see some second and third stages, I'm just gonna dream of what the types could be. And, until I see some stats, I'm not gonna assume how any of them will function.

Really, the only thing we can make assumption about is their movesets. They're almost always the same for every Starter....BUT, if he is bulky, I like this design...

Spoiler:- Starter Evos:

...it looks like a Grass/Rock type. BUT, I'd hope he'd be LOOK slow but pull a Sceptile on us...
    Last edited by LeoP2008; 1st February 2013 at 8:41 PM.
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Page 271 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321371 ... LastLast